Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 4/9/2024 2:54:07 PM EDT
Arizona Supreme Court upholds 1864 law banning nearly all abortions

The pink hair mafia will be out stuffing ballot boxes this Nov.

I agree with the ruling. Maybe a bit hypocritical, but why couldn't this wait until 2025.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Question for the “my principles” crowd. How do you actually stay in power once you do that? It may feel good to get a law passed for a few months, but how do you plan on preventing it from being overturned, knowing that the vast majority of people (outside of very, very few states) disagree with you? We all know this AZ law won’t stand, either the current government will fix it or democrats will sweep the next election. What’s your plan? Do you actually want to reduce the number of abortions or do you just want to stamp your feet?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thunderw21:

Going out on a limb here...you're a fellow Steve Deace listener, aren't you?

"LOOK AT THE POLLS!"    
View Quote

That obvious, huh?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

Thats simple, just shut your mouth for an election cycle or two. Then try to do what you want. You dont need to change your position, you just need to shut up about it for a little bit.
View Quote

Except that's not what Republicans do or have done pretty much ever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Sure sounds like you where one of the ones who did not vote in VA. I am sure the rest of the state thanks you.
View Quote

I have never missed an election in any state I've lived in, ever, for any reason.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:

Oh yes it did, The told them one thing, then voted another. Abortion is the reason there was no Red Tsunami in 2022. Women want their right to choose whether they say they do or not.

View Quote

You've already lost when you adopt the language and premise of the left.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

So you are just giving up and surrendering, got it.
View Quote

By not voting for people who give up and surrender on a regular basis, how am I giving up and surrendering?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gelandewagen] [#7]
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
Republicans are the dog that caught the car. Now they do not know what to do with it. Crazy to see people like Kari Lake, who supported the law earlier, now claiming it goes to far. They are seeing the moderate base riled up and they are scared. Frankly I see more people riled up now against the abortion restrictions than I see people riled up against gun restrictions. The Democrats openly claim now their desire to ban guns and it is hurting them less and less. Meanwhile the Republicans are pushing for a nationwide limit on abortion and it is not looking to good for them outside their deep red core supporters.

Going to be an interesting election this year...
View Quote

Does the DNC ever care about the moderates when pushing their extreme views?

Nope.

That's why the we keep sliding to the left.

Maybe they can spend 50 years now arguing for "common sense abortion".

The fact we're here and ~40% actually support it shows the pendulum is swinging.

5 years ago "partial birth abortion" (shove a screw driver in the babies head as it exits) and "unassisted birth" (leave the infant to suffocate in the placenta and umbilical cord on a table after birth) were all the rave.

Now the discussion isn't should we kill them at birth or 26wks or 15 wks, but simply, should we kill them at all?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FS7:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FS7:

Oh yes it did, The told them one thing, then voted another. Abortion is the reason there was no Red Tsunami in 2022. Women want their right to choose whether they say they do or not.

And we have. Instead of falling back and regrouping to fight another day, Republicans are standing and fighting a losing battle that is going to cost the USA dearly in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]

And we have. Instead of falling back and regrouping to fight another day, Republicans are standing and fighting a losing battle that is going to cost the USA dearly in the long run.
View Quote

Or not.

Just admit that you simply want a more financially responsible DNC.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
So right now there is a fight going on in the Arizona legislature. Moderate Republicans, and those who aren't stupid, are trying to get an emergency bill passed that will overturn the current law and go back to the 15 week band that former Governor Ducey had put in place. Meanwhile, with the Freedom Caucus and anti-abortion hardliners are doing everything they can to prevent that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Republicans aren't standing and fighting a damn thing. They never do. They'll overturn Obamacare 93 times when they have no power but won't lift a finger when they can actually do something about it.

Look at what the left does. The clowns were just out talking about student loan forgiveness even though the USSC already said they didn't have the power to do it. Did that stop them? No. They rule with an iron fist and successfully manage to exercise power they don't even legally have. Republicans are afraid of exercising power because they might upset people who were never going to vote for them anyway.

That is what they are. Professional losers like the Washington Generals. If they win, it's almost purely by accident.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe all these transplants here will late term abort themselves and I can have state back.

Make Arizona Great Again
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gelandewagen:

Does the DNC ever care about the moderates when pushing their extreme views?

Nope.

That's why the we keep sliding to the left.
View Quote
Agreed they do not care about moderates because, frankly, moderates seem to be voting more toward the DNC anyhow regardless of some of their crazy policies. I saw a few friends break ranks ranks from the RNC on June 24, 2022. It is what it is. I just do not want to see the RNC start lying about their positions only to get power and then screw the people who believed them. That will solidify RNC minority status for at least one generation. I honestly believe Trump, Lake, etc. are taking the positions they are now simply to win an election. They do not honestly believe what they are saying but simply saying what they feel they need to say to get elected based on polls. Problem for them is many people appear to be seeing through those statements on both sides. Supporters truly believe he will recant if elected and detractors believe it is well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Piledriver2235:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Piledriver2235:
Originally Posted By CypressCity:
Abortion and weed are the two things that keep Republicans out of office.  Such a stupid fucking hill to die on.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

Exactly,
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

Principles mean jack shit if you don't get elected to office.

You're at home with your principles while the liberal that got elected is making law.

Exactly,
The incrementalism has worked so well thus far, huh?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Arizona Supreme Court upholds 1864 law banning nearly all abortions

The pink hair mafia will be out stuffing ballot boxes this Nov.

I agree with the ruling. Maybe a bit hypocritical, but why couldn't this wait until 2025.
View Quote

AZ was lost when they fucked kari lake, and installed that cunt hobbes into the governership.....

stop fucking blaming abortion
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By nomad07:

AZ was lost when they fucked kari lake, and installed that cunt hobbes into the governership.....

stop fucking blaming abortion
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
I am anti abortion, but good grief the timing on this is retarded. They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

so stupid.
View Quote

RINOs doing their job, LOSING!

AZ is lost anyway, watching it going to shit just like the faggot commies took over Washinton state
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kbear:
To keep Democrats out of power, we have to adopt Democrat policies..
View Quote

Dye my hair pink and blue and pick new pronouns?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Constatives: REPEAL ROE vs. WADE!!!!

Constatives: OMG! They repealed Roe vs. Wade we are fucked!

Hard to imagen why liberals think we are fucking idiots  
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Or not.

View Quote

No, I can see in the long term which a lot here are blind to. As reprehensible as it is, abortion is not the fight Republicans need to be focusing on. Is a losing strategy for the GOP and it always has been. Campaigning for a complete ban on all abortion is going to ensure Democrat wins. It happened in 2020, it happened in 2022, and it's going to happen again in 2024.

The Democrats passed the AWB then BAM, they got liquidated in congress the next election. Ever since, gun control has never been a major campaign issue. They know it's a losing strategy. They keep quiet about it until win???? Until they GET ELECTED!!!

The key here is GETTING ELECTED
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#23]
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Constatives: REPEAL ROE vs. WADE!!!!

Constatives: OMG! They repealed Roe vs. Wade we are fucked!

Hard to imagen why liberals think we are fucking idiots  
View Quote

Those decrying the repeal of R v. W/the abolition of abortion aren't conservatives. They're Republicrats. Democrat-lite. That's the type of Republican that has been running the party for the last half century, and we can see the results. And they want more of the same, less their Republicrat candidates lose.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#24]

No, I can see in the long term which a lot here are blind to. As reprehensible as it is, abortion is not the fight Republicans need to be focusing on. Is a losing strategy for the GOP and it always has been. Campaigning for a complete ban on all abortion is going to ensure Democrat wins. It happened in 2020, it happened in 2022, and it's going to happen again in 2024.

The Democrats passed the AWB then BAM, they got liquidated in congress the next election. Ever since, gun control has never been a major campaign issue. They know it's a losing strategy. They keep quiet about it until win???? Until they GET ELECTED!!!

View All Quotes

Or not.

Even then, they could have passed tons of gun control when they had the house, senate, and presidency. They didn’t, because they’re not totally fucking stupid. They only push it where they have overwhelming support for it. And because of it, they’ve been more effective at getting their agenda across.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Did some of you think a conservative voice was ever going to dare speak out loud again?  

You don't understand the power of the systematic brainwashing the last 3 youth generations were/are subjected to.   It's over.  Forever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:

Even then, they could have passed tons of gun control when they had the house, senate, and presidency. They didn’t, because they’re not totally fucking stupid. They only push it where they have overwhelming support for it. And because of it, they’ve been more effective at getting their agenda across.
View All Quotes

Or not.

EXACTLY! That’s what some people don’t get. It’s a shitty compromise
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
I am anti abortion, but good grief the timing on this is retarded. They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

so stupid.
View Quote
Political fodder
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

If the quality of the electorate majority is to the point that "I am going to vote against you because you won't let me kill my baby.", then it won't matter anyway.  If I can justify killing you in the womb, I will have no problem taking your property,  putting you in a cotton field, or inside a cattle car.  But if it makes you feel more  respectable to roll over so we can "win", then you do you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bg10:

I don't base my convictions on the majority opinion, but I'm glad you find comfort in agreeing with the majority.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThornBooger:
I'm in favor of the 12-15 week ban. I don't believe that a fetus of that age is a baby, a child, a kid, a person or anything else and I'm in the majority whether you like it or not.

I don't base my convictions on the majority opinion, but I'm glad you find comfort in agreeing with the majority.

I'm sure he finds great comfort in logical thinking and knowing he is on the sane side of the argument. I sure do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Convictions!=emotions

Everyone else's beliefs are based on emotions but yours are based on what?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThornBooger:
Strawman argument.

The point is that the majority has the power in electoral politics, but of course you know that but choose to play dumb on this issue due to emotions.

Convictions!=emotions

Everyone else's beliefs are based on emotions but yours are based on what?
More than likely the fact that the brain is not formed or firing synapses that can form a thought until around 15 weeks. A person doesn't exist until that.  Our thoughts process is literally the only thing that makes us significantly different from other apes

What's your argument based on ? Something spiritual?  A soul existing? Or party brainwash?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#31]
So you guys must realize by now you will never convince roughly 70 percent of the country that a first trimester fetus is a person.   What's your plan? Just keep yelling baby murder?  You sound just like democrats calling child murderers because we won't give up our scare black rifles.  

Just gonna take your ball and go home like a toddler and sacrifice all our rights for nothing?  

Think logically.  What can you do other than lose or lose harder on this position?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Question for the "my principles" crowd. How do you actually stay in power once you do that? It may feel good to get a law passed for a few months, but how do you plan on preventing it from being overturned, knowing that the vast majority of people (outside of very, very few states) disagree with you? We all know this AZ law won't stand, either the current government will fix it or democrats will sweep the next election. What's your plan? Do you actually want to reduce the number of abortions or do you just want to stamp your feet?
View Quote
There will be a ballot initiative to either completely legalize all abortion or at the bare minimum return it to 15 weeks . It will pass by a massive majority and become AZ constitutional law.  This ballot initiative will bring near 100 percent turnout for every left leaning person on the state and more than likely a large chunk of the female republican voters will vote democrat while they are there to punish the GOP.      This could easily turn our state legislature democrat by a healthy margin.

Hopefully the state gop is smart enough to undo this clusterfuck before the election.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
So you guys must realize by now you will never convince roughly 70 percent of the country that a first trimester fetus is a person.   What's your plan? Just keep yelling baby murder?  You sound just like democrats calling child murderers because we won't give up our scare black rifles.  

Just gonna take your ball and go home like a toddler and sacrifice all our rights for nothing?  

Think logically.  What can you do other than lose or lose harder on this position?
View Quote

People need to be educated and deprogrammed.

Abortion being wrong is simple for anyone whos capable of logic and has morality.

Everything else is just a bad excuse for encouraging immoral behavior.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I see this thought process a lot.  It's the "go die quietly in the corner" speech.  

Republicans aren't losing because of abortion.  Republicans and conservatives are losing because of every lever of persuasion in our society has been turned against us.  There is nothing left and we will never win again.  

Since I know it's over and there is nothing to be gained by strategizing or compromising or ducking the head and lowering the eyes my answer IS "well go fuck yourself you baby murderer.".  

A child born in 20 years will never in their life lay eyes on a living conservative. If they can dodge the pair of scissors that is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Abortion being wrong is simple for anyone whos capable of logic and has morality.

View Quote
What make you a person. Flesh and bones or thought (personality).  

What are you going to "teach" me? I'll hear you you out.

Just know that I currently define a person as a self aware conscious thinking human being.   I also have no issues with unplugging brain dead people.  The person is gone even if the body is alive.  If I'm good with that how will you teach me to thin a fetus who has no brain or brain activity and isn't even capable of a thought yet should be protected by threat of government guns?

Educate me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By vectorsc:
I see this thought process a lot.  It's the "go die quietly in the corner" speech.  

Republicans aren't losing because of abortion.  Republicans and conservatives are losing because of every lever of persuasion in our society has been turned against us.  There is nothing left and we will never win again.  

Since I know it's over and there is nothing to be gained by strategizing or compromising or ducking the head and lowering the eyes my answer IS "well go fuck yourself you baby murderer.".  

A child born in 20 years will never in their life lay eyes on a living conservative. If they can dodge the pair of scissors that is.
View Quote

You know what's popular?

Low taxes.  More economic freedom.  Less bullshit wars. Less inflation.  The government leaving your body and health choices to you.  That includes at the very least first trimester abortion.

I'd argue the ONLY path to people accepting first trimester abortion bans if for Republicans to drop that issue and become absolutely outstanding at all the other listed issues.  Make the party so popular that people will tolerate abortion laws to keep all the rest of the policies in place.  

Right now you have probably a third of the party who would happily vote democrat if they'd leave the first and second amendment alone.  Not much difference between the two fascist big government parties other than the wedge issues .
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Uh the definition of the end justifies the means, means you won. You do what you need to, to win and you do.
View Quote

There is nothing in "the end justifies the means"

That means when you use it, you always win.

You just made that up and attached it.

I hate to use a poker example, but I have to. Your sitting on pocket 10's, the table shows an ace, jack and 2 4's. The guy across the table goes all in, you have a good hand but it would also make you go all in. If you do it, and he has an ace or a jack you go home. Smart move is fold, so lets say you do, you fold. Next hand you get pocket kings, the table flops a king and 2 6's. Now is the time to play cool but be ready to go all in. You have the winning hand that you never would have had if the other guy had an ace or a jack. So the means of folding allowed you to get the winning hand. So the ( means smart move ) fold justified the win.
View Quote

That's not the end justifies the means.

The end justifies the means means you can do ANYTHING at all because your goal allows you to.

No restrictions of any sort.

Including pulling your gun out and killing everyone at the poker table and taking everything they own.

Because you think winning the poker game allows you to do anything you want to to win.

End justifies the means even means you can do stuff that you know will utterly subvert your end (goals).  It's the amex gold card of "I get to do anything. There is no wrong."

And because those who use EJM think it's legit, they cannot consistently call out anything anyone else does as wrong. It also flatly ignores human nature in a way that would make the most hardcore communitsts and maoists blush.

Ok second quote of this post from you. I will put it like this.

A: If you stand on the roof screaming stop all abortion tomorrow, and you have a 90% chance of not having a say in the running of the country. Then the rest of the country gets even more brain washed against you and now you never stand a chance of getting anything you want done. And lots of abortion happen, gun rights get turned back, transgender kids get taken away from parents and the parents go to jail.

B: Or you stand on the corner saying stop all late term abortions ( except medical reasons ), and you now have a 60% chance of having a say but no majority. You can still fight back, you can still have a say and give input. And you have the ability to win others to your side for the next fight. while thinking in your own head to stop them all. Some abortions happen, You win a few fights on guns rights, taking kids away from parents who are against their kids from being transitioned does not happen except in a few places.

C: Or stand on the corner and say stop all abortions after the first trimester ( except medical reasons ), and you have a 75% chance of having a say now, maybe a 50% share in writing the laws. And sit at home saying I wish no abortions happened. Then you have time to win over just a few more people in 6 years and have the ability to go for B: and in another couple years have a chance of A:. More abortions than B: happens but less than A, While you can continue to win more gun rights, stop kids from being transitioned when under 18yo. But you have a good chance of getting B: in the next few years.

Picking A over B is short sighted and flat out stupid. Picking C over A or B sucks but a least keeps you in the fight.

Yes abortions suck, but as was stated almost 60% of a right leaning state voted to keep em. You will never win against 6-4 votes. And in all honesty saying you know better and would force your will on the 60% not on your side is nothing but dictatorship and authortisim.
View Quote

You just advertised your weak spot to every leftist on the planet.

All they have to do is scare you and you can be backed into a corner.

Of course you wouldn't dare think to use upright means to scare them into a corner, would you?  They know the answer to that question. We will NOT give people what their actions actually deserve.

--------------------

I think it's kinda interesting and notable that you believe I wouldn't accept laws that would make some abortions illegal. As long as the law is pushing towards abortions being illegal, I'll accept it.

what I won't accept is people trying to make excuses for "but you can't ever finally ban all abortions and treat all people involved in abortions as if they were involved in a murder!"

In the same way that gun rights people should NEVER stop pushing until we have the WHOLE pie back.

This craven cowardice and refusing to suffer to get a goal realized is why american conservatives have lost in the past and continue to lose.

We won't suffer to get a goal down the field.

The leftists WILL.

In this one particular thing, they are more adult than we are.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By neostoicism:

In my life I’ve been told to compromise so Republicans can win elections and enact their policies.

So far I’ve got trannys everywhere, gays grooming kids in public, ballooning debt, increased government surveillance and consolidation of power, fentanyl everywhere, a collapse of morals and family and the destruction of US hegemony.  Muchbof this has happened or continued while Republicans are in office.

The only consolation is they haven’t made guns illegal federally.  There’s been no gains in rights.

I was asked to compromise on all that.  For what?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By neostoicism:
Originally Posted By fttam:

Short sighted

In my life I’ve been told to compromise so Republicans can win elections and enact their policies.

So far I’ve got trannys everywhere, gays grooming kids in public, ballooning debt, increased government surveillance and consolidation of power, fentanyl everywhere, a collapse of morals and family and the destruction of US hegemony.  Muchbof this has happened or continued while Republicans are in office.

The only consolation is they haven’t made guns illegal federally.  There’s been no gains in rights.

I was asked to compromise on all that.  For what?

So people who post stupid memes can feel justified.

That's why.

We're supposed to just lay down and accept our abuse. We are supposed to let the insane children run our lives. We aren't supposed to be able to hold the screaming  child (leftist politicians) down and beat his tail until he cant' take it anymore and he quits.

We want to lose.

We think compromise means giving up your principals, when what compromise means is that you don't get everything your principals require implemented right now.

And that once you have something, you refuse to give it up. So you can make real progress.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Lol at all those who think we were going to have a fair election in AZ.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Dude what are you going on about? There are plenty of bright spots- look at Florida. We win when we expose obvious insanity and offer an effective solution. The majority of Americans don’t want their kids exposed to graphic sex. The majority of Americans hate inflation. The majority of Americans hate what’s happened to housing costs. These are all issues that align perfectly with conservative values if we elect people who are somewhat competent.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mach:
Not really.

It has been proven time and time again.

You have to pick the time and place of your battles for complete success.

Just like in combat.

The bottom line is we will lose AZ due to this issue and then abortion will be legal by law as passed by the dems because they will control the AZ govt and nothing will be gained and many other things lost.
View Quote

This stuff is not coming up about picking your battles.

It comes up literally ANY time anyone pushes back at ANY level against abortion of any kind for any reason ever since roe was shot down.

Repubs and conservatives are repeating the same stupid cowardicee that they did before obergefell.

This is not "pick your fights" that we see constantly in threads.

This is "shut up about all abortion under any circumstances."

As for picking our fights: Ok, apply that.

The law was already on the books. The AZ courts said enforce it.

What exactly about that makes it worthy of abandoning that win?

How many of us who say we are against abortion will actually accept a win and see it treated as what it is?

Or will we let the screaming of the abusive husband stop us?

Originally Posted By Mach:
and to get a consensus for a new constitution, anti-slavery was NOT included in the Bill of Rights because it would have prevented the Constitution from passinhg
View Quote

And we suffered the war between the centralizers and the de-centralizers in the civil war because of that compromise.  We have centuries of hindsight to apply.

3/5 should not have happened. We should have had two federated republics formed out of the colonies, who could than have had mutual self defense treaties.

Instead we got the absolute squashing of localism and the federal leviathan we have now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Just know that I currently define a person as a self aware conscious thinking human being.   I also have no issues with unplugging brain dead people.  The person is gone even if the body is alive.  If I'm good with that how will you teach me to thin a fetus who has no brain or brain activity and isn't even capable of a thought yet should be protected by threat of government guns?

Educate me.
View All Quotes

Educate me.

Like I said, if you had morality.

Using bullshit arguments to try to claim a baby in the womb isnt a human, isnt worthy of protection. Is just grasping at strawls trying to find a defense for the indefensible, because your trying to justify immoral irresponsible behavior or a socially conditioned position.

If you dont murder the baby in the womb, will the baby grow to be this "self aware conscious thinking human being" ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#43]

No it cant
View Quote

Ok. We disagree.

Why do you think it can't be done?

If you want to win the war, you have to know how to fight the war,

Right now, Republicans with the abortion issue are the British on the Somme.
View Quote

Except the alternative that is being offered is complete capitulation.

It's not "don't try and expand that, don't go against force you can't beat"

It is

Abandon your trenches, leave your assets, get off the field.

The states that had anti-abortion laws on the books were known beforehand and we saw this coming.

People are saying we should get rid of wins that are being dropped in our laps because the pro-kill-kids side will get mad at us and go vote in droves.

Newsflash: theyv'e been this mad at us forever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#44]
How many babies can a Republican murder while remaining pro-life?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Using bullshit arguments to try to claim a baby in the womb isnt a human, isnt worthy of protection. Is just grasping at strawls trying to find a defense for the indefensible, because your trying to justify immoral irresponsible behavior or a socially conditioned position.

If you dont murder the baby in the womb, will the baby grow to be this "self aware conscious thinking human being" ?
View All Quotes

Educate me.

Unfortunately you live in a country where you’re going to need to persuade people to get what you want. Telling people they have bullshit arguments, isn’t going to work. You realize that, right?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By thunderw21:
How many babies can a Republican murder while remaining pro-life?
View Quote

The question answers itself:

None.

How many things are republicans responsible for that they didn't do?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#47]

Unfortunately you live in a country where you’re going to need to persuade people to get what you want. Telling people they have bullshit arguments, isn’t going to work. You realize that, right?
View All Quotes

Educate me.

When it comes to murder, we skip persuasion and go straight up the scale to the use of force that's required to stop the murderer regardless of what they want.

The state should be trying and executing those responsible for abortions, because abortion is murder.

How people on a gun & self defense board can't seem to grasp this is beyond me.

eta: reasonable use of deadly force to protect life and limb of self or others.  The state needs to start doing this to abortionists.

ETA2: I'd legit be ok with a state saying that pro abortion laws are all facially illlegal.  Maybe even pulling the voting rights of those who vote for pro abort stuff.

If you will vote for the murder of the unborn you have given evidence that you cannot be trusted with a vote, or the ability to make legislation.

But we wouldn't dare do that.

It might scare the left, and we're afraid of them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#48]
As for the pro-abortionists in this thread, well I'm okay with that as long as you just call it what it is.  

For it NOT to be baby murder, the vagina has to take on an air of magical deityhood.  It's not a simple ring of muscle and connective tissue, sharing more in common with the anus or a toothless mouth than some God.  It is literally the magical wand of personhood and if you are on the wrong side of it you can just plain fuckin die.  

So don't use the term Abortion.  Just say "I'm okay with them killing their babies.  It's fine. They are awful people for even considering killing their kids, and maybe we should let them.".

Every argument FOR abortion that isn't medical acknowledges the personhood of the child.  A glob of cells isn't an inner city criminal.  It's not an object of shame that continues to remind you of a rape occurring.  It's not a burden on you financially or emotionally.   But a baby sure can be.  

So just say it - I'm okay with them killing their kids.  And let your mind free - don't even bother to include the passage through a ring of muscle in the argument.  No point to that - just leave it off.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I have to laugh at those that think the loony Lefties would have abstained from voting if abortion was legal.
For once Republicans show some courage and we call them idiots?

Arizona BOOFS Baby Murder - Razör Rants
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

The question answers itself:

None.

How many things are republicans responsible for that they didn't do?
View Quote

Allowing it to happen is just as bad. They still have the blood of innocents on their hands because they did nothing when they had the ability to do something.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top