Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/30/2018 2:18:54 AM EDT
https://www.wired.com/story/35-billion-year-old-fossils-challenge-ideas-about-earths-start/

In the arid, sun-soaked northwest corner of Australia, along the Tropic of Capricorn, the oldest face of Earth is exposed to the sky. Drive through the northern outback for a while, south of Port Hedlund on the coast, and you will come upon hills softened by time. They are part of a region called the Pilbara Craton, which formed about 3.5 billion years ago, when Earth was in its youth.
View Quote
This is a lovely story that showcases why reasonable people don't believe "scientists" that bring us this horseshit that they claim to be evidence of evolution.

The North American continent can't be over 10K years old in it's present configuration because of erosion clocks like Niagra falls, and yet this spot in Australia has a spot 3.5 billions years old, neither covered and buried like North America's fossils nor eroded away by 3.5 billion years worth of time.  Only a Moran could believe this crap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait OP what are you smoking
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  Science is a liar sometimes.

Science is a liar...Sometimes, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You realize there are portions of the crust that have not been subject to subduction over the life of the planet, right ? The areas are limited. The Canadian shield is another area.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, Kansas. I'll be sure to come to you if I need advice on growing corn or some shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Bugs Moran was a badass gangster.

Not sure what he believed in.............
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You realize there are portions of the crust that have not been subject to subduction over the life of the planet, right ? The areas are limited. The Canadian shield is another area.
View Quote
Or erosion... 3.5 Billion years.

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, Kansas. I'll be sure to come to you if I need advice on growing corn or some shit.
View Quote

And that's coming from Florida!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]
All I know is, that we as a race know very little about the planet we live on. It's all guesses based on tiny scraps of million+ year old evidence.

Shit, our tiny snapshot of climate data gives us no fucking idea of how the world has worked and how it will work in the future.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.wired.com/story/35-billion-year-old-fossils-challenge-ideas-about-earths-start/

In the arid, sun-soaked northwest corner of Australia, along the Tropic of Capricorn, the oldest face of Earth is exposed to the sky. Drive through the northern outback for a while, south of Port Hedlund on the coast, and you will come upon hills softened by time. They are part of a region called the Pilbara Craton, which formed about 3.5 billion years ago, when Earth was in its youth.
View Quote
This is a lovely story that showcases why reasonable people don't believe "scientists" that bring us this horseshit that they claim to be evidence of evolution.

The North American continent can't be over 10K years old in it's present configuration because of erosion clocks like Niagra falls, and yet this spot in Australia has a spot 3.5 billions years old, neither covered and buried like North America's fossils nor eroded away by 3.5 billion years worth of time.  Only a Moran could believe this crap.
View Quote
You high?

Not hard to understand why there are some areas on Earth with very old rocks exposed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Or erosion... 3.5 Billion years.

http://i.imgur.com/xZMpd.gif
View Quote
And you realize the earth literally has layers. The upper portions have eroded away leaving the pre Cambrian at surface. That's literally billions of years of material that was on top, eroded away leaving the older material exposed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Man Dragracer you really need to find some new sources and broaden your understanding of the natural world.

I mean you've got to really work at building a sufficiently small echo chamber to make a statement like you did in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:39:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Farming suits OP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:40:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Hold on Op I gotta get on your level.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:40:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Pfff, Arizona was once a rainforest, and most of Texas was under water.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#15]
In before OP claims the earth is less than 5,000 years old and man and dinosaur lived together.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:42:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:42:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before OP claims the earth is less than 5,000 years old and man and dinosaur lived together.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:43:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ya know,

we used to burn heretics like you...
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:45:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
I don't understand how any of this is related to "evolution".

The North American continent can't be over 10K years old in it's present configuration because of erosion clocks like Niagra falls
View Quote
Technically, in its "present configuration" it can't be more than 10 seconds old, since the configuration is constantly changing. 10 seconds a go a piece of rock was washed off somewhere.

But what was Niagara falls doing the ice ages? The multiple ice ages?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
What is your proof of a max of 10K years?  What is that line about pots and kettles?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/VtDNEw8.gif

Is he still around?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Edit:

Weird-ass unstable url.

You can get a pdf of the article if you google "New Evidence of the Antiquity of Life". It's the caltech one.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=New+Evidence+of+the+Antiquity+of+Life&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
But during all that change, Australia just sat there unaffected for 3.5 Billion years.

I just love these stories that pop up in the news feeds day after day with flashy headlines that keep the sheeple believing.  If you actually read the stories they are preposterous and usually don't support the headline.  "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."  It never ceases to amaze me that the same people that defend evolution to the end don't believe in Climate change brought to them by the same experts.  It doesn't matter because the next generation will believe and let you know how ignorant you are.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:57:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Very Interesting OP
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But during all that change, Australia just sat there unaffected for 3.5 Billion years.

I just love these stories that pop up in the news feeds day after day with flashy headlines that keep the sheeple believing.  If you actually read the stories they are preposterous and usually don't support the headline.  <em>"If you tell a lie</em> big <em>enough</em> and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."  It never ceases to amaze me that the same people that defend evolution to the end don't believe in Climate change brought to them by the same experts.  It doesn't matter because the next generation will believe and let you know how ignorant you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just love these stories that pop up in the news feeds day after day with flashy headlines that keep the sheeple believing.  If you actually read the stories they are preposterous and usually don't support the headline.  <em>"If you tell a lie</em> big <em>enough</em> and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."  It never ceases to amaze me that the same people that defend evolution to the end don't believe in Climate change brought to them by the same experts.  It doesn't matter because the next generation will believe and let you know how ignorant you are.
You have it wrong.  I don't believe in evolution.  Evolution is the best answer I've seen to how life is the way it is on Earth.   I'm willing to consider other options if someone can either disprove evolution or give me a better theory or Theory.   Look at plate tectonics and the way the land masses have moved around on the planet over the millenia.  It's quite possible some isolated areas are much older than others.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is he still around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/VtDNEw8.gif

Is he still around?
I don't think so, not with that screen name anyway.

Guy was one hell of a troll lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:59:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Ah, the age old game.  "Who to believe on the intent"

todays topic is -fossils in Australia-

our choice of who to believe
A.) scientists on site with PHDs published in a scientific journal and years of expertise in their feild.
B.) American farmer anonymously posting on a gun forum.

really take your time on this one, might be the wild-card we've been waiting for when some random yokel disproves science...or maybe still believe the scientists.

to the OP-  what if, erosion is exactly why they're able to see those rocks now?  As in.  There was some shit on em, then rain and shit happened, and now you can see it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What is your proof of a max of 10K years?  What is that line about pots and kettles?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could suggest you look at the erosion rates of the falls and where it started, how far it has come and what happens when it reaches Lake Ontario, but I doubt that you think about such things.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:07:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I could suggest you look at the erosion rates of the falls and where it started, how far it has come and what happens when it reaches Lake Ontario, but I doubt that you think about such things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we take what you're claiming as true (which I don't) and North America must be less than 10,000 year old because erosion is so fast- how did it develop at all?  I.e.  errosion is super fast, tetonic plates causing rise and land masses is very slow.  Shouldn't we all be under water?  You're theory hinges on erosion rates of a river going over a fall.  How fast relatively is say,  the AltiPlano in Peru eroding?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:20:51 AM EDT
[#31]
The Theory of Evolution is like those stories they tell on COPS that always change whenever they show the suspect some evidence he didn't already know about

That is also true in this case, it is a story people tell to justify their unbelief. Romans 1 says the invisible things from the creation of the world are clearly seen being understood by the things that are made so that they are without excuse and 2 Peter 3 says that in the end times people will be willfully ignorant of creation and of the flood.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Where are the dinosaurs on your timeline?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:41:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

No one with half a brain denies change over time. The argument is always full of fallacy of equivocation. Did the eohippus become a quarter horse? Well, yeah. Did a soup of non-living organic chemicals suddenly become living bacteria by information coming from noise, of itself?
That flies in the face of every observed and tested principle in the history of science, but otherwise intelligent people believe it, because they hate God.
It's also the most circular argument ever. Basically, "It obviously happened, because life exists." How? "Well maybe this, or maybe this other way." And they start with a premise of, "There is no God, so it must have happened somehow else." Well where did you discover a priori there was no God?" Science!
Ex nihilo nihil fit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:43:41 AM EDT
[#34]
In the beginning God created.....

I'm good with this.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]
@Dragracer
Where are you in KS?
<------42 years in KS, Topeka and Keene and Pratt
PM it for PERSEC
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:50:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Yep and the microfossil organisms fed the dinosaurs on Noah’s Ark..
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No one with half a brain denies change over time. The argument is always full of fallacy of equivocation. Did the eohippus become a quarter horse? Well, yeah. Did a soup of non-living organic chemicals suddenly become living bacteria by information coming from noise, of itself?
That flies in the face of every observed and tested principle in the history of science, but otherwise intelligent people believe it, because they hate God.
It's also the most circular argument ever. Basically, "It obviously happened, because life exists." How? "Well maybe this, or maybe this other way." And they start with a premise of, "There is no God, so it must have happened somehow else." Well where did you discover a priori there was no God?" Science!
Ex nihilo nihil fit.
View Quote
"It obviously happened, because life exists."

-Every Creationist Ever
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:08:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ex nihilo nihil fit.
View Quote
They start with the premise that theories have to be substantiated.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Flinstones was a documentary
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:12:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
JESUS RODE DINOSAURS!
Worst ye who bow to the false gods of Chemistry!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Aaaaaahahahahahahahahaha
That’s the best thing I’ve seen involving those imbred sacks of shit since the one dude got punched out by an 82nd Airborne kid
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:36:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Sphinx is over 10k years old if you look at the erosion.

Science is a liar sometimes.

I was a T-rex and I ate stuff in another life
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
<snip)
... Only a Moran could believe this crap.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Wow. OP has demonstrated a fascinating level of stupidity today by projecting preconceived (unfounded) ideas on other concepts he didn't want to believe and then displayed it all as if it was a fact. Impressive OP, impressive.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Did we get hacked?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did we get hacked?
View Quote
i think the OP is the only hack in this thread
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top