Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:11:31 PM EDT
The thread today talking about how Ruger will no longer be selling to CA brought this to my attention again.  

Throughout the years I've seen a lot of shit talking here about Ruger's semi auto handguns and occasionally their rifles as well.  I also listen to a radio show, Guns Over Texas, on Sundays and the hosts also talk shit about Ruger handguns from time to time.  I've never heard anything specific just that they "suck".  

So what specifically sucks about them?  Enlighten me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
"no honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun"
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont like their semi pistols but I'm a fan of the Mini 14. Rugers revolvers are the strongest and their rimfires and pretty great too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

and yet they make pistols with 15+ round cap and ar15s.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The thing to remember about the "gun culture" is the fact that about 80% of "gun owners" can't walk by a particularly tasty looking window without stopping for a few licks.

Idiots abound.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not under Bill Ruger. Thank God he's gone or his company would be with him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, back in the day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This, back in the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, back in the day.

lived through thoes times Fed Ord & PMI became my mag choices.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
People bitch about taking down Mark IIs.  I've found it fine once you do it a few times.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

As usual, FPNI.  For 10 years, I paid $100/each for standard capacity pistol magazines and $30 for NIW USGI AR mag's thanks in large part to Bill Ruger.  

Now that Bill Ruger has passed and the company seems to have seen the error of it's ways, I once again am willing to buy Ruger firearms (10/22's, looking at a GSR).
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
People bitch about taking down Mark IIs.  I've found it fine once you do it a few times.
View Quote

Fine as in...sucks...if so I agree.

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
So it's a second amendment thing?  Not anything to do with the quality of their firearms?  The reason I was wanting to know is because I've shot Rugers my whole life, my first .22 was a Ruger, and I've found them to be quality firearms.  I've never had any problems with them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#12]
because fuck Bill Ruger, that's why.

I actually do a have a few, but never bought new.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm pretty sure the company survives off of the 10/22 and Mark I/II/III and some fooled Mini-15/30 owners. Their wheel guns are alright. Everything else is shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Old Bill Ruger (May satan be fucking his ass in hell) fucked us in '94.

Also they make piece of shit, redneck guns. Plus Bill was a cocksucking traitor piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The thread today talking about how Ruger will no longer be selling to CA brought this to my attention again.  

Throughout the years I've seen a lot of shit talking here about Ruger's semi auto handguns and occasionally their rifles as well.  I also listen to a radio show, Guns Over Texas, on Sundays and the hosts also talk shit about Ruger handguns from time to time.  I've never heard anything specific just that they "suck".  

So what specifically sucks about them?  Enlighten me.
View Quote

they hate them because;
not glock.
they are cheap.
they are very reliable.

my first handgun was a Ruger P94, still have it. great gun, accurate, extremely reliable.
also own a redhawk .44mag, a SP101 .357 snubby and a 10/22.
all great guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So it's a second amendment thing?  Not anything to do with the quality of their firearms?  The reason I was wanting to know is because I've shot Rugers my whole life, my first .22 was a Ruger, and I've found them to be quality firearms.  I've never had any problems with them.
View Quote

I don't know what their quality used to be like but I love the guns I've had the luck of shooting, I really need to buy one or twelve of them!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The P85 was designed in 1985. He was willing to compromise at 15rds in order to screw Glock and save his own design.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bill Ruger sold his soul out due to his self interest . Fuck him .
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Ford, Chevy.
XBox, PS.
Smith and Wesson, Ruger.

Smith and Wesson fanboys hate that Ruger makes stronger revolvers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck Bill Ruger
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yup,

Ruger tried to placate the gun grabbers during the time leading up to the 94 ban.

Now he is dead and cold, the company is headed in a much better, different direction, and some folks will STILL cut off their nose to spite their face.

Rugers are fine.

But if you find something you like that they make, buy it.  They do add and drop stuff frequently.  Ruger Safari Magnums and Gold Label shotguns come to mind.

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Also they make piece of shit, redneck guns. Plus Bill was a cocksucking traitor piece of shit.
There you have it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't have any ruger firearms at the moment but have nothing against them anymore, Bill is dead and they seem to have seen the errors of their ways. time to move on
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Never held a Ruger Safari Magnum in 416 Rigby or 458 Lott I'm guessing?

Good to exceptional Circassian walnut, integral quarter rib, express sights all for less than $1500 when they made them.

Probably the best bargain in an off the shelf rifle from a big maker in the last 50 years.  A rifle with the exact same features would cost 2-3X as much from a custom maker.

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Under the fat old fucker Bill he sold us all the fuck out in 94 along with S&W.

Thank god his fat old ass is dead and they are not making giant bricks of shit with under 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That Ruger doesn't exist anymore.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mostly snobbery.
People look down on Rugers because they were always perceived as a budget oriented (yet functional) line. You chose a Ruger revolver because you couldn't afford a Colt or S&W. A 777 because you couldn't afford a 70 or 700, etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Capt_Rhodes, is your name actually rhodes, or is this a reference to the character from day of the dead?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

That doesn't exist anymore.
Anyone who dislikes Ruger because of that is a MORAN!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The awesomeness that is the BX-25 is payment enough considering Bill Ruger is now six feet under. The benefit that we need to look at now is that it would be industry suicide to pull that kind of stunt nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m a big fan of theirs.  Rock solid products and very good customer service.  Fuck people that hang on to what some dead guy said.  ymmv.

<shrug>

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have had a number of Rugers. The quality of the manufacturing is usually very good. However, several years ago, Bill Ruger made a statement that said that he favors 10-round magazine limits. That hurt his business a LOT. Lots of people refuse to let that go, even though he's dead now.

One point: the Mini-14 has always had accuracy issues. After 3-4 rounds, you're lucky to hit a pie plate at 100 yards. The barrel heats up and gets very whippy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Under the fat old fucker Bill he sold us all the fuck out in 94 along with S&W.

Thank god his fat old ass is dead and they are not making giant bricks of shit with under 10 rounds.
View Quote

Bill Ruger had very little to do with the 1994 ban, the Democrat party had their sights set on banning mags long before Ruger said anything.

Smith & Wesson had exactly jack motherfucking shit to do with the 94 ban and I don't know why people keep thinking they do.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Bill Ruger was the original Fudd, it is sad for me to say......I admired him before he fucked up.

Ruger firearms are awesome. I have several, all are flawless. The moron up top that referred to them as "redneck guns" is an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]
All the Ruger revolvers I've shot have been great in my opinion.  Their rifles all have been of good quality that I've seen and shot too.  The P series back in the day was extremely popular.  I remember all the local law enforcement agencies carrying them except maybe the Sheriff's Dept.  I even remember ever gun shop and pawn shop you walked in had some form of a P series pistol.  What I don't remember seeing everywhere back then was Glock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Capt_Rhodes, is your name actually rhodes, or is this a reference to the character from day of the dead?
View Quote

Tell me your sisters name is Cindy Dirty Dancing
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

What makes them a piece of shit?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good to exceptional Circassian walnut, integral quarter rib, express sights all for less than $1500 when they made them.

Probably the best bargain in an off the shelf rifle from a big maker in the last 50 years.  A rifle with the exact same features would cost 2-3X as much from a custom maker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I have a  #1 with a beautiful walnut stock & bluing.  I think I paid about $500 for it.  No way could you get anything close to that today.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Every Ruger I've ever owned I enjoyed. Still have them all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I have. And I'll be goddamned if a single red cent of mine ever fills the coffers of the fucking company. I would rather sharpen $2000 in pennies and swallow them than give them to anything associated with the lineage of that motherfucker. I'd gladly laugh and smile as they tore open my asshole knowing flushing poo covered bloody pennies into my septic was less of a waste then supporting those assholes.

And if your argument is they are "good" or "best bargain" than that's not too credible to me since I'm a fucking gun snob. I don't buy cheap shit and I sure as fuck don't support those who stuck knives in our backs
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Recalls lots of them
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Name a gun and I'll tell you. Kind of sad when a company has been around for 50+ years and still the only decent gun they make is a .22 pistol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Actually I have. And I'll be goddamned if a single red cent of mine ever fills the coffers of the fucking company. I would rather sharpen $2000 in pennies and swallow them than give them to anything associated with the lineage of that motherfucker. I'd gladly laugh and smile as they tore open my asshole knowing flushing poo covered bloody pennies into my septic was less of a waste then supporting those assholes.

And if your argument is they are "good" or "best bargain" than that's not too credible to me since I'm a fucking gun snob. I don't buy cheap shit and I sure as fuck don't support those who stuck knives in our backs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, don't hold back.
Tell us how you really feel about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Recalls lots of them
View Quote
To be fair, most gun companies have recalls. Better to be safe than sorry

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Name a gun and I'll tell you. Kind of sad when a company has been around for 50+ years and still the only decent gun they make is a .22 pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

all of my rugers (listed above) function perfectly are accurate and reliable. none are a "POS"
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

One point: the Mini-14 has always had accuracy issues. After 3-4 rounds, you're lucky to hit a pie plate at 100 yards. The barrel heats up and gets very whippy.
View Quote

My tiny troglodyte brain just wondered if that's the real reason why Ruger made it difficult to get 20 & 30 rd mag
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#48]
It took Colt forever and a day to figure out that  it would be much wiser to  market their rifles to us lowly civilians, but you don't see arfcommers pissing and moaning about them as much as they do a dead guys stance on mag capacity. Seems to be a double standard, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dude, don't hold back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, don't hold back.

No shit right ? The man is on a roll with the Ruger bashing and I'm laughing my ass off over here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, but I love their revolvers, their .22's, and their rifles except the Mini-14 POS. Hard to find more rugged firearms at reasonable prices.

So, no Ruger hate here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top