Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/8/2014 12:17:43 PM EDT
My current belts are coming to a rapid demise and I would like to replace them with top-quality product.
Nothing fancy, plain brown and black belts with a simple solid brass buckle is what I have in mind.
Can you suggest a brand or vendor that would fit the bill? Thanks for your suggestions
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My LL Bean belt is nice and sturdy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're looking for a gun belt.....1 1/2" Comp - tac Kydex Reinforced Contour Belt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.thebeltman.net/

Good stuff!!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
thebeltman.net is the arfcom favorite for those kinds of belts.

Be prepared to spend a c-note and wait about 10 weeks though.  

I have one in bullhide and one in elephant skin with velcro lining for hidden v-clip holsters.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Bullhidebelts.com.  Stiff enough to work as a gun belt, too.  I've heard good things about the beltman, but his are two pieces of leather sewn together and the one I got from bullhidebelts was a single piece.  I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

View Quote

i came here to post this
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Saddleback Leather
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Good stuff!!!

Yep.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good stuff!!!

Yep.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good stuff!!!

Yep.

+1.  buy once cry once.  I suspect the one I own from thebeltman will outlast me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Fatboy belts, harness leather, one piece (instead of two sewn together like many companies do) google it, I think he sells thru etsy.com
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bullhidebelts.com.  Stiff enough to work as a gun belt, too.  I've heard good things about the beltman, but his are two pieces of leather sewn together and the one I got from bullhidebelts was a single piece.  I'm happy with it.
View Quote

I have a bullhide belt and yes it will work as a gun belt....I carried a full size 1911 with it for nearly six months.....it eventually started to sag at 4 oclock....I think any single sided belt will eventually do the same given a full size pistol and daily wear....I have a beltman quick ship belt that I have had since December and it is still strong and stiff no sag.....its a matter of preference but be aware that if you do buy one that is multiple layers it will be stiff and some people just can never get used to them.....my dad prefers the amish bull belt as he claims it's more comfortable for him...personal preference
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Saddleback Leather
This.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather
View Quote

Indeed.  I'm a broken record in these threads, but if my dad had a belt like my Saddleback Tow Belt, I'd be dead.

I have no further input, no alternate brands or selection of choices.  I wear the tow belt in brown almost every day.  On the rare occasions I need a black belt instead, I've got some cut-rate piece of shit from a box store.  Fine for three outings a year or so.

The price only hurts until it arrives.

ETA- and yes, works great for holsters.  Just takes a while to break in.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Pick up some good leatherwork last time I was in Tijuana.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a nice one from crossbreed. It's been hanging tough for years.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather
View Quote

Came to post this
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Boston Leather Garrison Belt.  USA made.  1 3/4" wide.  Thick.  Not lined.  7 holes.  Solid brass, chrome plated.  Can get black or brown.  Recommend Plain style.

Had mine for more than 10 years and it's still good.  Getting another because I am loosing weight

Just under $20.00 or Just over $20.00 at Amazon or LA police gear.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

View Quote

$104.95 for a belt? I am too cheap.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather
View Quote

This. I have six of them. 100 year warranty.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I have an Akers leather belt with composite insert, got it about 6 months ago and with nearly daily use it is holding up really well.  The composite insert really helps support my pistol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Milt Sparks belts are absolutely outstanding. My oldest one, still in near daily rotation, is something like 12 years or so old. It's showing its age now and about time to order a replacement, but that's not a bad lifespan for a CCW belt.

They build their belts with the curve built in, so there is no break-in period. You put it on and it fits on your hips like you've had it for years.

I bought 1.5" belts (I have three of them) that taper down to 1" at the ends, so it looks like a plain dress belt in the opening of your suit jacket, but it doesn't bend or sag under a load. I was wearing mine on the job everyday with a holster, radio, Blackberry, spare mags, baton, etc. and it held up like a champ.

The one issue that people complain about is the wait time, and it's a valid concern. Don't bother if you're in a burning hurry for a new belt.

I have no relationship with Milt Sparks other than as a very satisfied customer, and I also own something like five of their holsters.

www.miltsparks.com
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Aker Leather makes some good belts.

I have one that's about 10 years old and it still looks new.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a bullhide belt and yes it will work as a gun belt....I carried a full size 1911 with it for nearly six months.....it eventually started to sag at 4 oclock....I think any single sided belt will eventually do the same given a full size pistol and daily wear....I have a beltman quick ship belt that I have had since December and it is still strong and stiff no sag.....its a matter of preference but be aware that if you do buy one that is multiple layers it will be stiff and some people just can never get used to them.....my dad prefers the amish bull belt as he claims it's more comfortable for him...personal preference
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have specified that I can't carry every day, so my use isn't as hard as some.  All leather will eventually get soft and stretch; it's what leather does, and I don't see how the number of layers (as opposed to overall thickness) will matter.  If I were carrying a full size OWB every day I'd get something with a kydex insert.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Filson bridle leather belt. You will never destroy it even if you try.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather
This.

The new Saddleback belts come with rivets instead of screws, so if you don't like the silver buckle you're screwed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Hanks Amish Belts from hanksclothing.com
I like mine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The new Saddleback belts come with rivets instead of screws, so if you don't like the silver buckle you're screwed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather
This.

agree...I prefer Chicago screws
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Oldfaithful holsters
Has the best belt ever, get double stich and stiffener.
Never. Mind I think they stopped making them
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oldfaithful.com
View Quote

These guys?

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oldfaithful.com

These guys?

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

Yeah  was just at their sight
Something wrong either web trouble or they stopped making them
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

View Quote

Beltman.   enough said

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I went with this and am happy. http://www.rgleather.freehomepage.com/
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Beltman.   enough said

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

Beltman.   enough said

That.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I buy my belts from Red Wing. I average 5 years per belt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I use a bull hide gun belt from Wright Leather Works. Great belt!!! It says 12 to 14 week lead time, but I don't think it's that long.

Wright Leather Works

I also use an Ares Ranger Belt
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
My REI brown leather belt has held up better than any leather belt I've purchased at a department store.  

Link at REI
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought this was a BDSM thread

I have MTAC belts.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

View Quote

Mine ran about $79

Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thing that's intentional
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Hank's Clothing CCW belt.

It's around $30, one thick piece of leather with decent hardware.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Mine ran about $79

Worth every penny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

Mine ran about $79

Worth every penny.

Top Gun Supply sells their "house brand belts" at $69.95.  In stock most of the time.

hint: it's a Beltman  
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is according to his website, I just don't buy his reasoning.  Cow skin isn't plywood and it doesn't have directional strength.  I suspect sewing together two 1/8" pieces of leather is cheaper than buying 1/4" leather.

If I were getting a dedicated 24/7 owb carry belt I'd get a belt with kydex or something else sandwiched in there from the beltman or daltechforce.  All leather will soften and give over time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have an Akers leather belt with composite insert, got it about 6 months ago and with nearly daily use it is holding up really well.  The composite insert really helps support my pistol.
View Quote

Love mine. Akers B-21
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I went with this and am happy. http://www.rgleather.freehomepage.com/
View Quote

Good dude and he makes some solid belts.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It is according to his website, I just don't buy his reasoning.  Cow skin isn't plywood and it doesn't have directional strength.  I suspect sewing together two 1/8" pieces of leather is cheaper than buying 1/4" leather.

If I were getting a dedicated 24/7 owb carry belt I'd get a belt with kydex or something else sandwiched in there from the beltman or daltechforce.  All leather will soften and give over time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One born every minute.  Maybe he gets special cows with directional grain in their skin, like carbon fiber.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good stuff!!!

View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top