Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/13/2015 10:48:59 AM EDT
With all the recent pros coming out of the closet and announcing they are metricsexuals I feel it is my duty to bring this issue to light.

First off, nothing screams 'Merica like a big fat American designed .45 ACP cartridge. Its big. Its heavy. Most importantly its measured in fucking inches.

Second off, There's the argument that .45 does nothing better than 9mm. Well let me tell you, that's bullshit. A 9mm round may kill the body, but a .45 ACP round kills the soul. This has been proven time and time again by science and séances.

Third off, Did I mention its measured in inches? Some may not find that a big deal, but it is. There are two types of countries in the world, those that use the metric system, and those who have put a man on the moon

#45matters

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
9mm is better
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
9mm is better
View Quote

Did you miss the part about it being metric?

Your life and all bro

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
You should try a man's gun sometime

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Your life and all bro
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

9mm is better

Your life and all bro

I love and own both 9mm and 45. Just at the end of the day 9mm wins out for me.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
With all the recent pros coming out of the closet and announcing they are metricsexuals I feel it is my duty to bring this issue to light.

First off, nothing screams 'Merica like a big fat American designed .45 ACP cartridge. Its big. Its heavy. Most importantly its measured in fucking inches.

Second off, There's the argument that .45 does nothing better than 9mm. Well let me tell you, that's bullshit. A 9mm round may kill the body, but a .45 ACP round kills the soul. This has been proven time and time again by science and séances.

Third off, Did I mention its measured in inches? Some may not find that a big deal, but it is. There are two types of countries in the world, those that use the metric system, and those who have put a man on the moon

#45matters

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/20151011_161300_zpspyrsgn8r.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/20151011_161300_zpspyrsgn8r.jpg</a>
View Quote

We left the keys in it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I don't want no low capacity pistol!

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

#45matters

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/20151011_161300_zpspyrsgn8r.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/20151011_161300_zpspyrsgn8r.jpg</a>
View Quote

So is .40 S&W.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So is .40 S&W.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#45matters

So is .40 S&W.

Yeah, but did it win World War 2? Didn't think so
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

indeed

good old .38

or 8 shots of 357 mag

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your life and all bro
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

I don't own any 9mms, just .355 Parabellums.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#11]
We stopped putting men on the moon 40 years ago.  There's nothing there.  There's absolutely no reason to go back except to be able to say we did.  Which we can already say.  So...

We stopped using low capacity pistols for combat 30 years ago.  There's no reason to use a .45 except to be able to say that you carry a .45.  Which became obsolete over 80 years ago once JMB invented the Hi-Power.  So...

I enjoy history and past accomplishments as much as any American, but being wasteful and inefficient when it comes to lifesaving equipment out of nostalgia is just stupid.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

8 is more than 7?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuckin' A, OP
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#14]
#.355x.754Matters
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8 is more than 7?

But can you plus one?

These types of things make the difference between life and death.

Your blaster is better than a metric one, but it still aint no .45
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuckin' A, OP
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We stopped putting men on the moon 40 years ago.  There's nothing there.  There's absolutely no reason to go back except to be able to say we did.  Which we can already say.  So...

We stopped using low capacity pistols for combat 30 years ago.  There's no reason to use a .45 except to be able to say that you carry a .45.  Which became obsolete over 80 years ago once JMB invented the Hi-Power.  So...

I enjoy history and past accomplishments as much as any American, but being wasteful and inefficient when it comes to lifesaving equipment out of nostalgia is just stupid.
View Quote

the XD disagrees with you

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except for Helium-3.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah this new age outlook. This same type of thought process is why we now have transgender restrooms in schools

JMB hipower design is blasphemy, it wasn't completed by his hand. I will admit it is one of the best metric pistols, but it is still metric. You are completely right on the moon thing however. We are now working towards putting a man on Mars, likely he will be armed with a .45 1911, because you know, aliens

Ban him.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

#45matters

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I am caliber agnostic.

In fact, I like .45ACP--just not when the round is constrained by a 7 round magazine.  

PCC in 45ACP, however.....

That is a sexy TRP, OP.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/springfield_XD_tactical.jpg

Wow.  Thirteen rounds.  In a huge gun.  lulz

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...
Same terminal effectiveness...
Better penetration of armor and intermediate barriers (e.g. cars)...
Half the size and a pound lighter...

Or keep the gun full size and you have 20 rounds instead.  Just that easily, you've added another full 1911's worth of capacity to your gun.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...

http://www.englishpit.com/images/firearms/Springfield_XD-9_SubCompact_FullSize.jpg

Or keep the gun full size and you have 20 rounds instead.  Just that easily, you've added another full 1911's worth of capacity to your gun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...

http://www.englishpit.com/images/firearms/Springfield_XD-9_SubCompact_FullSize.jpg

We have a higher power on our side, we don't need no stinkin capacity. You just keep using that Nazi bullet if you like it so much

Wake me up when your metric round kills a tank

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your life and all bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

9mm... what's that?  Did you mean .35LAP?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We have a higher power on our side, we don't need no stinkin capacity. You just keep using that Nazi bullet if you like it so much

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M4166947cace79965af67360820bda5efo2&w=277&h=149&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M4166947cace79965af67360820bda5efo2&w=277&h=149&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

Given the speed and trajectory of your antiquated .45 is akin to that of a mortar round, it's no wonder he was able to lob one in and blow up that tank.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#45matters

A-Fucking-men
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your life and all bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

if being measured in inches is meaningful, how do you get around 5.56 being superior to .223?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

#45matters

View Quote

If you like your 11.43mm you can keep your 11.43mm.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

9mm is also .38 cal.  

And if being measured in inches is meaningful, how do you get around 5.56 being superior to .223?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

9mm is also .38 cal.  

And if being measured in inches is meaningful, how do you get around 5.56 being superior to .223?

Lol no it is not

9mm= .355

Im glad you bring this up with .223 vs 5.56mm

I find .223 loads significantly more accurate than the mil surp available in 5.56mm

When not shooting a bullet that starts with a .4 shot placement is very key
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#45matters

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I prefer 11.43mm.

ETA: Almost 2 minutes late!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...

Yeah but 9mm doesn't suppress as nice as .45acp
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're right, it suppresses better.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same manufacturer...
Same capacity...

This is SO true

my 1911 sounds like a damn pellet gun.

Yeah yeah, you can buy subs for 9mm, but good luck finding that in a mom and pops store at a decent price
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I prefer 11.43mm.

ETA: Almost 2 minutes late!
View Quote

nyet, 35 point is best
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah yeah, you can buy subs for 9mm, but good luck finding that in a mom and pops store at a decent price
View Quote

147gr is easy to find.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Which one shot d own a Japanese Zero?

Answer…the .45

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_J._Baggett

Case closed.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Fuckin' A, OP

View Quote

Fuckin' A.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

That's fine. Some people prefer capacity over effectiveness and Alphaness.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#41]
How much does a 1911 threaded barrel run? need to know anything special?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Bro, do you even .40, dude?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I've never met a caliber I didn't like but I like my .45 ACP most of all

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How much does a 1911 threaded barrel run? need to know anything special?
View Quote

Couple hundred depending on who's you use.

Yeah. You'll need fine files and stones at the very least.

This ain't no stinkin plastic gun. You have to have man skills to be worthy.

(Really wasn't too bad to fit this barrel, it was drop in. But still needed file work to fit. Very accurate. Really surprised me)
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lol no it is not

9mm= .355

I find .223 loads significantly more accurate than the mil surp available in 5.56mm

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

9mm is also .38 cal.

Lol no it is not

9mm= .355

9MM = .355
38SP= .358

If you want to argue about the .003" I'll shoot a .358 projectile through a 9mm for you
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

9MM = .355
38SP= .358

If you want to argue about the .003" I'll shoot a .358 projectile through a 9mm for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm is better

Your life and all bro

9mm is also .38 cal.

Lol no it is not

9mm= .355

9MM = .355
38SP= .358

I edited that while he was replying because I realized the err of my ways.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Is there a factory 1911 available that I won't have to
A. Spend tons of money to get in the first place
B. Spend tons of money to get it to run right without jamming?
Because I want a 1911, but the G19 is just so simple and easy, but 'Merica says I need 1911.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hippy

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
-

View Quote

Funny that the Brits were using that bullet to kill Nazis pretty effectively.  And in a gun pretty much designed by The Creator Of The .45.

Also, metric rounds tend to kill tanks pretty good.  120mm smoothbore's pretty effective.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top