Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/22/2015 7:35:13 PM EDT
I turned on my desktop today, and there was a Dell screen says Welcome to Windows 10, with my name and asking for my password.  I always cancel any requests to go to Windows 10. I've heard nothing good about it. I looked in our computer forum but saw nothing specific to my problem ( those guys are way over my head anyway.) I've been sick as a dog for the last 5-6 days so I have not used my desktop. Escape or shift does nothing and there is no back or quit or no Thank you to click on.  I am stuck on this screen. Thanks Arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You have 30 days to uninstall it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I know, I can't get off this welcome screen.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You will  like windows 10, and you will continue liking it until you like it.

When you finally like windows 10, windows 11 will be  out..
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I let my son talk me into downloading it
I am about to put this computer back to the factory settings (Windows eight, which is not that great)
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Why don't you want to upgrade to 10? I've had nothing but a positive experience using it on my gaming rig.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it and this is coming from a guy who had a death grip on XP
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
HAHA!!! Enjoy your new spyware!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Follow the instructions on the screen...

Type in your password that you use to log in to your computer, and press enter.

It may help if you describe what you've tried so far.  It's hard to believe you haven't tried to login with your pw already.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I HATE IT.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I do not want Windows 10. Not too cryptic.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't matter what you want if you can't log in to your computer.

ANY steps you might take to downgrade or whatever all start with logging in.  Short of formatting and reinstalling from media.

For what it's worth if you "haven't heard anything good about it" you haven't been paying attention.  It is a fine OS.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I uninstalled KB3035583 because I was sick of Microsoft trying to molest my computer with unwanted aids.

Once windows 7 becomes obsolete I guess I'll have to put more effort into figuring out how to get linux and wine to play nice with all of my windows based games.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ANY steps you might take to downgrade or whatever all start with logging in.  Short of formatting and reinstalling from media.

For what it's worth if you "haven't heard anything good about it" you haven't been paying attention.  It is a fine OS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Seriously.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#17]

You're not the only one, I had a friends Mom bring me a brand new laptop and she wanted Windows7 on it.

This was an interesting challenge as it came with Windows 10 installed, no downgrade option, but alas,I was victorious.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This. Seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Seriously.

Fuck Windows 10, fuck Bill Gates and fuck Microsoft for basically hijacking peoples computers and forcing their OS on the public / private sector.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I have no intentions on upgrading anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Resistance is futile.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#22]
What you want doesn't matter.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#23]
You can get rid of the prompt if you want to do a little research.

But Windows 10 is the best Windows OS ever (in my opinion).
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
Download GWX Control Panel to get rid of the W10 nagging upgrade messages.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
some people can't handle the speed of 10, sounds like you are one of them
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Microsoft must be really desperate to get people assimilated, err... using Windows 10 at all costs that it even created sneaky subterfuges like making Win 7 or 8 download that thing in the background and upgrading without first asking permission to the user.

That tells volumes about the company's intentions and the people there behind this stuff.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been liking it.
It is a lot like 7 in terms of finding settings, where things are located, etc.
It doesn't have the gay ass "apps" start menu. It's been just fine in my book.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I uninstalled KB3035583 because I was sick of Microsoft trying to molest my computer with unwanted aids.

Once windows 7 becomes obsolete I guess I'll have to put more effort into figuring out how to get linux and wine to play nice with all of my windows based games.

View Quote

Easy.

Install your flavor of Linux.

Install Oracle VirtualBox.  Load up free Windows XP Virtual Machine , hook up your old hard drive as a USB disk(get a HD-usb adapter), play old windows games on windows.

Virtual Machines Rock.

Honestly I hate Unity and all the crappy 'tablet';'touchscreen' guis the modern linuxes use, first thing I do is downgrade to something more sane like ICEwm or something.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I don't know what one or two guys you've been talking to that have had nothing good to say about windows 10, but they aren't telling the truth.
View Quote

Didn't read the EULA huh?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/get/gwx_control_panel,1.html  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/get/gwx_control_panel,1.html  

Or just uninstall , then hide the following updates:

KB3035583
KB2952664

Done!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Microsoft must be really desperate to get people assimilated, err... using Windows 10 at all costs that it even created sneaky subterfuges like making Win 7 or 8 download that thing in the background and upgrading without first asking permission to the user.

That tells volumes about the company's intentions and the people there behind this stuff.

View Quote

How dare they want to unify development efforts instead of supporting 7 different Windows variants!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#33]
people's been bitching about Windows since Windows 1.0
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
8 must have hurt their credibility big time.

Fuck off Windows 10, 7 works fine for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#35]
If you're keeping 7 make sure you have recovery disks.  You can't get them from Microsoft anymore.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Welcome to Windows 10.

It's safer and faster and really like Windows 7.

You have been assimilated.
View Quote

I didn't either as I was just happy with Windows 7, new laptop came with Windows 8, I hated it, upgraded to 10... waaaaay better than 8 and I don't miss 7 with it sooo. *shrug*
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How dare they want to unify development efforts instead of supporting 7 different Windows variants!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the point.  The big issue about Win 10 is Microsoft's unethical behavior sneaking the upgrade to unsuspecting users who otherwise would not upgrade.  

Furthermore, there's also the part where Microsoft spies on users by logging everything they do, what they have in their PCs and what not and collecting this info without their permission.

In a time when ethics and business standards were high this would shut down a company.  Nowadays with things screwed up as they are we see them doing this more and more as if it was normal.  Screw them.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:46:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Welcome to Windows 10.

It's safer and faster and really like Windows 7.

You have been assimilated.
View Quote

Welcome to another piece of GARBAGE they are trying to force you to accept for free, which means YOUR DATA is the product.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I am about to put this computer back to the factory settings (Windows eight, which is not that great)
View Quote

I can see not wanting to go to 10 from 7, but there is no reason whatsoever to keep 8 and not upgrade to 10.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#40]
10 is a vast improvement over 8.  My only problem with it is some software, like our CAD/CAM software at work, doesn't play nice with it yet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Windows 10 works great for me, despite some windows update issues, (but that happened in windows 8 as well) I don't understand all the hate.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Its the best version of windows yet IMO. Granted it goes perfectly with my touch screen monitor.

It shits all over 8 for sure. And is probably the fastest/most stable version of windows I've used in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:59:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Man

I'm still using 7

I guess I missed 8 9 and 10, I'm so far behind
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Tough.  It's installed.

To remove it you will have to log in.  Use the same info you used to log in to your system before and somewhere in the control panel will be a roll back option.  I don't know where as Win 10 is better in almost every way than the operating systems that came before.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You are going to end up having to buy it in the long run and there is nothing wrong with it.
View Quote

We're all going to end up dead in the long run, and there is nothing wrong with that, either.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:19:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Windows 10 made me a racist.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I can see not wanting to go to 10 from 7, but there is no reason whatsoever to keep 8 and not upgrade to 10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If he trys to put 8 back on there I hope his computer catches fire to avoid being re-infected with that abomination.

10 is fine.  It's better than fine.  It's good.  If you prefer 8... there is something wrong with you and you need your head examined.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:03:49 AM EDT
[#50]
There's a program called GWX Control Panel that'll remove the upgrade download and all prompts for you to upgrade. I had to go out and buy Windows 7 again because I woke up one morning to find Windows 10 on there against my wishes.

Microsoft makes money via Windows 10 through your internet usage.They basically leech off your connection and use your internet activity to generate profit. Rather insidious since they don't openly advertise it. The internet activity emails are always switched on by default. Have to manually deactivate them and even then I wouldn't trust it. If Windows 10 can suddenly appear on my computer out of nowhere who's to say those wonderful little spy emails don't suddenly turn back on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top