Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:01:47 PM EDT
The version of events may not be accurate due to his injuries. This is what he remembers, Wed morning around 6am he was awakened by the smoke alarm. He thought his house was on fire, actually he had been shot in the head twice and the gun smoke triggered the smoke alarm, who knew? So, he got out of bed, head hurting like hell, blood every where, realized that he had been shot. He thought his mom was upstairs and heard the bad guys upstairs. So, he wrapped a blanket around his head and got a 12 ga from the closet and went to save his mom. He stumbled into the living room banged into some stuff alerted the bad guys to his presence. When he started up the stairs he was shot again thru the shoulder, which sat him down. Some where in there he fired the shotgun. He got up and ran out of the house started pounding on the neighbors door. No one opened the door because he was covered with blood and had a shotgun in his hands. Someone did call 911.

He was shot with his own pistol, possibly the bad guys creeped his room, saw his pistol on his night stand, picked it up and then he stirred or moved and he was shot. Or possibly they just shot him, no way to know.

He has a large gash across his forehead where a bullet creased him, the second shot to the head is square in the lower back of his head. Apparently this thick skull caused the bullet to fragment, they removed almost all of the bullet and bone fragments. They are worried about brain bleed, swelling and seizures, working to control all of that.
He is sitting up in bed talking to people, and working his phone. The shoulder would was thru and thru. He was shot with his own .38, hollow point ammo is all I got from him. Looks like he will recover physically, emotionally possibly a long road there, he is very upset, understandably, PTSD.

He was the only person in the house, his mom was at work, his small son was with his mom out of state, he is very lucky, could have been much worse.

Short version, young man is shot in the head twice in his sleep, wakes up, grabs a gauge and takes the fight to the bad guys, is shot a third time and retreats.

PS, TIM (This Is Memphis)

*Update*
Once my pal got home he started to remember things and found things. He had known a guy for 15 years, this guy has been homeless for some time, sleeping where he can, was just of of jail for statutory rape. He was staying over with my pal, nothing new here. But was gone the morning of the shooting. Initially that seemed to be ok, because he would sometimes stay over and leave in the middle of the night. Odd that he did not call to check on my pal tho.

But, he left his shoes and his jacket and in his jacket pocket was the holster for my Pals .38, the one he was shot with. Then another guy sends a text message to my pal saying, heard you got shot hope you are ok. My pal asked who told you that, this guy said it was the friend, the homeless one told him that he was the shooter. So, this guy who my pal though was his friend for 15 years just decided to murder and rob him.

Also, he found a pillow with powder burns on one side and blood on the other, so yeah, looks like the guy put a pillow over his head and shot him. That changes the charge from Aggravated Assault to attempted murder.

The .38 passing thru a pillow first just might have slowed it down enough to not punch a hole in my pals skull.

The crime scene people missed lots of stuff and did some damage to the wall looking for a bullet. Also, a 12ga with bird shot will really chew up sheet rock.

Will post pics of sheet rock if I can find a friendly photo host.
The shooter is in the wind.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
wat
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
What did he have on the Clintons?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesus fuck... no dag or burgler alarm?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd say your pal is one bad ass motherfucker.

Shot twice in the head while sleeping and still gets up, grabs the shotgun, and has enough wherewithal to try and seek out the threat? Then gets clipped again in the shoulder?

Yah, that qualifies as a bad ass in my book.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What did he have on the Clintons?
View Quote
Or maybe Obama now.  #ReleaseTheMemo
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn. Did your friend hit the guy wihen he fired or anything?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Your friend is a hardcore motherfucker
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
young man is shot in the head twice in his sleep, wakes up
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow.

Prayers for his recovery
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
This is real?

How the hell did he survive a close range shot to the back of the skull?

Is he superhuman?  

Is he a big Russian looking guy, or a big black guy?

It defies explanation.

That guys a Terminator.  I certainly wouldn't mess with him.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad your friend survived op.
Guts he gots.

If your friend needs a GS SERVICE DOG I'll be honored
to contribute.

Think about!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hmmm
View Quote
Exactly.

Would OP also like to buy a bridge that I have available in Brooklyn?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]
He Black?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is real?

Is he superhuman?  

It defies explanation.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Your friend is lucky to be alive.
Does he have any enemies or hang around with sketchy people?

Is he separated from his wife?
Suicide attempt gone wrong?
Things don't seem to add up but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

BTW: In on one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
First of all home invasions are pretty rare.  What's even more unusual is for someone to be shot in their sleep.  More to the story?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]
huh
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow.  It clearly was not his time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Did he hit the bad guy with his shotgun blast? That would make the story so much better. Not that it isn't already pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is real?

Is he superhuman?  

It defies explanation.

View Quote
Bullets do weird shit. I've seen people get shot in the head, only to have their dreadlocks deflect the round enough to prevent it from being fatal. I've seen people get shot in the head and it's lights out right away. Kind of a crap shoot.

For OP, your boy is lucky as shit. Is he the world's deepest sleeper or did the home invaders have an easy way in?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#23]
White guy, in his 20's, not big at all, slim build, 5' 10" or so, yeah, pipe hitter.
No dag or alarm, this family has lived in this house for decades, the neighborhood has gone down hill pretty seriously in that time, but they have never had a problem and from all accounts are on good terms with everyone.

No idea if he hit anyone or not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow!  That's an intense story.  Wish the ending was a bit different.

I wonder how accurate it is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#25]
For OP, your boy is lucky as shit. Is he the world's deepest sleeper or did the home invaders have an easy way in?
View Quote
His room is in the back of the house, furthest from the front and rear door. No idea how they defeated the security doors.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
young man is shot in the head twice in his sleep, wakes up
View Quote
No shit!

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
White guy, in his 20's, not big at all, slim build, 5' 10" or so, yeah, pipe hitter.
No dag or alarm, this family has lived in this house for decades, the neighborhood has gone down hill pretty seriously in that time, but they have never had a problem and from all accounts are on good terms with everyone.

View Quote
Maybe he shouldn't be hitting people with pipes
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#29]
In to see where this goes.
Pics?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link to news story?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Does he have any enemies or hang around with sketchy people?

Is he separated from his wife?
Suicide attempt gone wrong?
Things don't seem to add up but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
View Quote
No wife, baby momma, loves his son deeply would not leave him

No enemies does not hang with bad people as far as I know. Doe not have money, does not dress in a flash way, just a regular guy, pretty poor.

No suicide attempt, the shot to the back of the head would be an impossible angle.

Looks like a burglary gone bad, as my best guess.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Link to news story?
View Quote
I searched Memphis shootings and got so many results I quit trying.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
What round for sleeping buddies?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link to news story?
View Quote
Not in the paper yet and I find that odd except there are so many shootings here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Pics?
View Quote
Do not have permission to post pics or use his name and will not do so.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#37]
For the TLDR crowd... to summarize..
Memphrica
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For the TLDR crowd... to summarize..
Memphrica
View Quote
Mogadishu on the Mississippi
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link to news story?
View Quote
I found one out of TN that sort of matches up using google but it says it happened yesterday morning, not Wednesday morning.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Dang

The one time picking a pistol instead of a rifle saves a life!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like he was targeted by these criminals. What was your buddy up to?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
First of all home invasions are pretty rare.  What's even more unusual is for someone to be shot in their sleep.  More to the story?
View Quote
Rare? In Memphis?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I your buddy Boris the Blade?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#44]
bangers must've been aiming sideways.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to news story?
lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn that's crazy man!! To not only survive the gun shots to head, but to get up and grab a shotgun and try to fight back afterward, tough SOB. Moral of the story, have a good alarm or something to wake your ass up before they get to your bedroom. Maybe lock your bedroom door. Don't leave loaded guns laying around for bad guys to pick up and use against you. I actually prefer to keep my handgun under the pillow next to me, that way it's hidden, but close enough to grab if a bad guy does sneak into my room undetected before waking me up. And yeah if you shoot guns indoors it will set off the smoke alarm, not because of the smoke though, there's not much smoke, but it's more the concussion I think that does it. First shot will set it off. Also I think we learned that 38 special sucks, ha
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Google search any large town/city's news.  They happen every single day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Best wishes for full recovery
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I found one out of TN that sort of matches up using google but it says it happened yesterday morning, not Wednesday morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to news story?
Could be it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#50]
what did he know about hillary?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top