Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/6/2019 2:25:13 PM EDT
I've worked there over 20 years. It's a manufacturing facility processing titanium. Can't wait to see how this plays out lmao.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.... Did they do it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If signs, warnings, and lawyers could probably injuries, there'd never be any. And yet...
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well.... Did they do it?
View Quote
No they haven't hmmmm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Every work in law enforcement?

You'd be surprised at the level of stupid around here...
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Gives new meaning to Ban Hammer?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll have to use mallets now OP.

If they ban that, then tomahawks with a hammer head on the other end.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No they haven't hmmmm.
View Quote
Then, not only are the stupid, they are inefficient. Find a new job.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Carpenter here & I've got a Stiletto titanium hammer , I only hit my fingers with the best lol .
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Worked at a place that wanted to ban all knives instead of firing idiots that would not wear PPE and cut with proper tools. I used a knife multiple times every day. Never cut myself. Would’ve had to just sit around and do nothing, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Ever serve in the Army?

Ol' Jug Ears decided trannies were normal people and should be afforded all sorts of "rights". The level of SJW brown-nosing fuckery went thru the roof. Same thing heppened when that Kenyan Bastard opened up the combat MOS' to women.

I cannot wait to retire.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Guy cut his Achilles with a box knife. Everyone had to use safety scissors after that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Worked at a place that wanted to ban all knives instead of firing idiots that would not wear PPE and cut with proper tools. I used a knife multiple times every day. Never cut myself. Would’ve had to just sit around and do nothing, I guess.
View Quote
I recently had a job at a facility that banned steel knives. They said I had to use a ceramic knife because they are somehow safer, or I’d be kicked off the site. They couldn’t articulate why a razor-sharp ceramic knife is less dangerous than steel razor knife.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Carpenter here & I've got a Stiletto titanium hammer , I only hit my fingers with the best lol .
View Quote
We had a guy last week lose a finger when he rolled a titanium round over his finger on a inspection table. No hammers involved!
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Where I worked, we went through a rash of injuries where where employees walked into walls and knocked themselves out.  Then there was the lady who accidentally lit her hair on fire falling a sleep on the toilet while smoking in the no smoking building.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
In spite of what Hollyweird shows, old west cowhands rarely carried a sidearm. And those that did didn’t usually have thr money to carry a ‘73 SAA. Sidearms were more likely to be a hodge podge of cap and ball revolvers, maybe with cartridge conversions. And they were more likely to be carried in a saddlebag to keep them out of the way.

They did not carry hammers, either. But sometimes a horse threw a shoe, or they had to repair fencing. So, if they had a handgun, they used it for a hammer.

OP, you know what to do.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#16]
What are you expected to use?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Hammer of dead?

One of the oil companies I was contracting with decided to ban regular utility knife blades after someone cut themselves by accident.  They replaced the blades with hook blades.    It didn't take them long to go back to the regular blades but the handles were all those stupid spring loaded contraptions that are a PITA to use.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've worked there over 20 years. It's a manufacturing facility processing titanium. Can't wait to see how this plays out lmao.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63356/20190403_141943_jpg-903134.JPG
View Quote
In Trumbull I'm assuming?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#19]
They recently removed hammers from our production floors. Someone hit themselves.
Previously banned, utility knife, pointed scissors, and sharp screwdrivers.

My favorite ban was the scissor, person cut themselves modifying a glove that they were wearing with it still on their hand.
Instead of writing the person up for modifying ppe, we take the scissors away.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's the irony I do not know. You'll find this hard to believe but last fall they shut the whole plant down saying no one could touch the metal even with gloves. Not joking I spent 6 hours literally lmao as they tried to come up with a "better" way.

They had us trying to flip sheets of titanium with channel lock pliers lol, that didnt work. Then they tried suction cups. Honestly you cant make this shit up!!

Then they took away all our steel tools and made us use spark proof tools. I could go on and on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Folding knives are banned at work. Literally everyone, including the safety guy has a folding knife in thier pocket at all times.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank God they're stopping the carnage!

I assume they're going to the approved safety hammer

Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We had a guy last week lose a finger when he rolled a titanium round over his finger on a inspection table. No hammers involved!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most injuries on jobs are finger related , have to be careful of pinch points , I took a carpenter to Belvue hospital when he let some heavy 2x4's down
and pinched his finger between 2x4's and a number 20 rebar he lost the top of his finger , surgeons told him it may grow back which I was amazed at
his finger was so bad it was shooting out blood even the corrections officers who where minding a prisoner next to us where like holy shit , it goes to show you
how good this hospital is they had 7 hand surgeons on duty and all came to the same conclusion of not trying to reattach the top of his finger , really impressed
with the level of professionalism at that hospital .
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guy cut his Achilles with a box knife. Everyone had to use safety scissors after that.
View Quote
Intentionally?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm a Safety Engineer/Consultant.  That's pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's the irony I do not know. You'll find this hard to believe but last fall they shut the whole plant down saying no one could touch the metal even with gloves. Not joking I spent 6 hours literally lmao as they tried to come up with a "better" way.

They had us trying to flip sheets of titanium with channel lock pliers lol, that didnt work. Then they tried suction cups. Honestly you cant make this shit up!!

Then they took away all our steel tools and made us use spark proof tools. I could go on and on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know you have to start inventing products to sell to these idiots.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Most injuries on jobs are finger related , have to be careful of pinch points , I took a carpenter to Belvue hospital when he let some heavy 2x4's down
and pinched his finger between 2x4's and a number 20 rebar he lost the top of his finger , surgeons told him it may grow back which I was amazed at
his finger was so bad it was shooting out blood even the corrections officers who where minding a prisoner next to us where like holy shit , it goes to show you
how good this hospital is they had 7 hand surgeons on duty and all came to the same conclusion of not trying to reattach the top of his finger , really impressed
with the level of professionalism at that hospital .
View Quote
I cut off a large portion of my thumb as a kid, cutting towards myself like a dummy with a very sharp knife. Clean cut. It grew back and looks like a normal thumb now. Finger and hand injuries can heal back pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I wont  even touch a hammer. I've  seen what they can do.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Dumber than a sack of hammers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's why I was hesitant to make the thread it sounds like I'm exaggerating but it's all true and more.

I know of several other co workers that are members I hope they back me up.

I'm 5ish years from retirement so I don't give a shit about the stupidity,  they could fire me tomorrow and while not good wouldn't break my heart
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63356/20190403_141943_jpg-903134.JPG
View Quote
How are you going to stamp your work? With your forehead?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Where I worked, we went through a rash of injuries where where employees walked into walls and knocked themselves out.  Then there was the lady who accidentally lit her hair on fire falling a sleep on the toilet while smoking in the no smoking building.
View Quote
Let me guess, she sued and won?

TC
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's why I was hesitant to make the thread it sounds like I'm exaggerating but it's all true and more.

I'm 5ish years from retirement so I don't give a shit about the stupidity,  they could fire me tomorrow and while not good wouldn't break my heart
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The really stupid part is they've now caused employees to use the wrong tool to do a hammer's job.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Blaaah...nothing to worry about here.  Everything will be going to robotics anyway.  But wait...who will fix the robots?  Other robots.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone at sig decided to have their parts made in india.

Doesnt get much dumber than that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me. You should see some of the gymnastics hospitals try to do with needles & knives.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#37]
The company I do Armed Security for says we  can't carry a knife, so I just carry my seat belt cutter.

Attachment Attached File

edit: not my picture, but the same CRKT I carry.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#38]
That's why we can't have nice things.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I almost forgot my favorite one, someone tripped on a step and got injured on a Friday. They paid myself and another guy all weekend to measure every step in the facility. And measuring the center of the step was not good enough, they wanted center and both sides measured. Come Monday morning the safety guy asked me what I found. I told him we had alot of steps in our facility and I had paperwork to prove it.
Best part, they didn't have any idea what information they wanted. So we measured every step and didn't list a single location. They didn't have a spot for that on their form. Hahahaha. I gave them piles of measurements from everywhere with no clue as to where it came from.
I love, "we gotta do something" decisions. I make lots of money and typically get a good laugh.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like the factory i used to work at.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Well...my company just hired a chick who prefers the "they/them" pronouns. So I think that comes close?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I think it’s says more about the work force at the place you work at
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I recently worked for a big box store that frequently had surprise delivery trucks. I don't mean once in a while. I mean sometimes a few times a day. The trucks came from no more than a six hour drive away, from the same company.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I work in a federal building.

Golf clubs, hockey sticks and baseball bats are banned items.
Including the onsite parking garage.
Knives under 2.5 inches are allowed and they give me scissor that are 6 inches long in the office.

Huge level of stupidity.

( I park in a off site garage so I am not subject to their search’s.)’
Had a random search the other day and had my 3 inch knife taken away while going into the building.
Security gave it back on my way out.
No big deal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC
Fire lady got a package to go away due to a funny sequence of events as she ran down the hallway looking like the Olympic Tourch, zombies got Workman’s Comp and two weeks vacation.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well.... Did they do it?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#48]
In before company installs presses and people loses both their hands doing dipshit stuff.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I work in the oilfield. I see all sorts of stupid shit in the name of safety. I'm still allowed to have a hammer though, thank god. I just need to wear impact gloves whenever I'm using one.

Its just a part of life anymore. You follow the rules and do your work. If it takes longer in the name of safety it's no big deal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top