Posted: 7/13/2019 3:59:28 AM EDT
Terminator Dark Fate's Woke Director Attacks Fans
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

Let's see if it pays off for them
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]
He knows fans will hate it, because it is a shitty terminator movie. He knows general audiences will hate it, because it’s a shitty movie in general.

Statements like this only serve to A) mobilize whatever SJW will see it now on principle of general wokeness, and B) build a case early for why his shitty movie bombed but it wasn’t his fault.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet this does worse than Ghostbusters
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, there’s a lot of irony in preemptively attacking Terminator fans as sexist misogynists who don’t want to see strong female characters, given T2 has one of the most badass females in film history with Sarah Connor.

Strange how none of these misogynistic Terminator fans piss and moan about T2.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, there's a lot of irony in preemptively attacking Terminator fans as sexist misogynists who don't want to see strong female characters, given T2 has one of the most badass females in film history with Sarah Connor.

View Quote
DING DING DING!
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:22:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#8]
This makes my eyes rain.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
So what's the plot this time, Skynet send back yet another Terminator to kill Connor Somebody, and *spoiler alert* got foiled again?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Just make it stop .
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#12]
The really great thing about it is that despite the whining we can choose just to not go see it. They messed up, they should have had black women in it so they could have touted it like Black Panther and closed schools for the kids to go see it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also, there’s a lot of irony in preemptively attacking Terminator fans as sexist misogynists who don’t want to see strong female characters, given T2 has one of the most badass females in film history with Sarah Connor.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sarah Conner is the only human in the movie that isn't a useless sack of shit

Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I would have liked to see Montana.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#16]
One Montana only, please.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Tencent Pictures was involved in the production. That's a Chinese film company and I generally avoid any media produced by the Chinese, even if it's just a small part overall.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#18]
The thing is, they seem to have forgotten who the market is for sci-fi flicks. Here’s a hint, it’s the same market for comic books.

Most Terminator fans would have gone to this movie just out of brand loyalty. Now, with the bullshit they are spewing , they will lose about half of that brand loyalty market just by personally insulting their base.

Fuck em’, I will wait for it on DVD.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fucking LOL

Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I was pumped when I first heard about it, and how it's supposed to be a direct sequel to T2, leaving out all the other shitty Terminator movies that were made after. Then I saw the trailer and was let down. Not because of the "strong female lead", but because it just looks like shit. It's either just gonna be a pass for me, or I'll Redbox it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I bet this does worse than Ghostbusters
View Quote
good, maybe it will kill the franchise.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Mackenzie Davis is pretty cute when she gets made up.

She's also secretive as hell about her personal life, which generally means one thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mackenzie Davis is pretty cute when she gets made up.

She's also secretive as hell about her personal life, which generally means one thing.
View Quote
That she is a straight Christian?

Just looked her up, thought it was that female Elon Musk that everyone was talking about years ago.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Funny they still haven't figured out that their SJW bullshit only hurts a movie's performance at the box office.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The really great thing about it is that despite the whining we can choose just to not go see it. They messed up, they should have had black women in it so they could have touted it like Black Panther and closed schools for the kids to go see it.
View Quote
That's my plan.

As a software engineer, I usually like movies about computers wiping out humanity, but this one just looks like a giant turd.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The thing is, they seem to have forgotten who the market is for sci-fi flicks. Here’s a hint, it’s the same market for comic books.

Most Terminator fans would have gone to this movie just out of brand loyalty. Now, with the bullshit they are spewing , they will lose about half of that brand loyalty market just by personally insulting their base.

Fuck em’, I will wait for it on DVD
View Quote
Oh, the irony.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Funny they still haven't figured out that their SJW bullshit only hurts a movie's performance at the box office.
View Quote
It's all about the message they want to reinforce.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That, and it's not like they're spending their own money to produce these movies.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fuck em’, I will wait for it on DVD.
View Quote
I’m a fan that probably would have.

It really sucks what they’ve done to Predator, Terminator and to a lesser extent Alien.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I am not gonna waste money or time on this bullshit movie.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#37]
The androgeny ruins it. Plain and simple.

T2 worked. Men were men (well, badass robots with penis's that make waitresses take a step back), boys were boys, and women were well-empowered women.

Don't mess with success.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He knows fans will hate it, because it is a shitty terminator movie. He knows general audiences will hate it, because it’s a shitty movie in general.

Statements like this only serve to A) mobilize whatever SJW will see it now on principle of general wokeness, and B) build a case early for why his shitty movie bombed but it wasn’t his fault.
View Quote
Yep. All of this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yep. All of this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. All of this.
So the lefty groupthink at times uses "business" reasons to support its SJW leanings.

For example: Female protagonists are absolutely superior to male ones because, you WILL retain the original fanbase, but also add the Womyn audience because they were marginalized for 10,000 years, but are now "represented" on screen so they will show up.

You may ask, "wait, so if you have a male protagonist, only males show up. You have a female one, why won't only females show up?"
There isn't an articulated reason. But the strong womyn is double plus good, comrade.

When they buy these successful brands, they pretty much assume the fanbase will love it no matter what, and that they can't burn that bridge, no matter how many times they go out of their way to slap fans in the face.

Disprect source material? Doesn't matter fam, strong womyn.

Of course if something fails to live up to its own potential?
Doesn't matter, the narrative switch will end up in a place of, "See it still made money", complete with original thinkers waving that banner and spewing it verbatim.

Female ghostbusters was supposed to be a smash hit because: All of the original fans are going to show up, PLUS a female audience that was kept barefoot in the kitchen prior to 2013 will be showing up.
Oh it wasn't?
Doesn't matter, their worldview must be right, a bunch of shitlords ruined it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Hollywood has forgotten that Conservatives have money to spend too. When did business concepts like maximizing shareholder value get replaced by Woke posturing that does nothing more than alienate a large portion of your customer base?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
but then they get to tell themselves stupid shit like this: "THE VERY FACT THAT A MOVIE WITH A STRONK WOMYN FAILED AT THE BOX OFFICE IS PROOF THAT THE WHITE HETERONORMATIVE CISGENDERED PATRIARCHY EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

it's a self-licking ice cream cone, and their narrative wins either way.  Either the movie does well, which proves a cast of Stronk Womyn is what the market wants, or the movie fails, which proves The Patriarchy is alive and well and deliberately suppressed it.

Kinda like how Kathleen Kennedy at Lucasfilm was told over and over again that Solo flopped because fans were deliberately boycotting it over the bullshit that was TLJ, yet she chose to bray like a donkey about how it proved that "the fans don't want stories about masculine white male protagonists."
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hollywood has forgotten that Conservatives have money to spend too. When did business concepts like maximizing shareholder value get replaced by Woke posturing that does nothing more than alienate a large portion of your customer base?
View Quote
When Obama started picking winners and losers in the market.  Such as GM and Solyndra.  It all started there, and the DAMN THE STRAIGHT WHITE CHRISTIAN MALES TO HELL tagged along on its coat-tails.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm cornfused; women don't buy the tickets to these sorts of things, so wtf are they trying to accomplish apart from their own bankruptcy by attacking men?  Propaganda only works if people see it...and people won't be seeing this.

Is this like an Uwe Boll gambit, where you intentionally bomb, like in The Producers?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
but then they get to tell themselves stupid shit like this: "THE VERY FACT THAT A MOVIE WITH A STRONK WOMYN FAILED AT THE BOX OFFICE IS PROOF THAT THE WHITE HETERONORMATIVE CISGENDERED PATRIARCHY EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But they already tell themselves that; what external benefit is wrought with these wastes of money?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm cornfused; women don't buy the tickets to these sorts of things, so wtf are they trying to accomplish apart from their own bankruptcy by attacking men?  Propaganda only works if people see it...and people won't be seeing this.

Is this like an Uwe Boll gambit, where you intentionally bomb, like in The Producers?
View Quote
Seems like he is making excuses if/when it fails at the box office...
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
But they already tell themselves that; what external benefit is wrought with these wastes of money?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
emotional validation from their liberal peers.

I'm not making this up, or joking.  Hollywood is blatantly about left-wing ideology even at the expense of revenue.  They know they will make some profits, and they are willing to sacrifice a greater profit margin in exchange for emotional validation.  Hollywood has always been liberal, but in the past 10 years they stopped STFUing about their politics and became more In Your Face.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't think Terminator SJW will be worth watching...  This movie franchise has been self-terminated...
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah we won’t see this one in theaters or otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah we won’t see this one in theaters or otherwise.
View Quote
why, you cisgendered heteronormative patriarchal shitlord!!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do not get what the end game is here.

PC/Virtue signaling being job #1 for pretty much all entertainment and large corporations is just so fucking confusing.
So many products I do not buy, entertainment I do not pay for etc as a result of it.

I own a business, many of my clients are leftists, some of them very powerful leftists.
I keep my politics to myself and happily take their money. Bet the virtue signaling leftists I do work for would be dissapointed to find out that their money is being used to buy guns, ammo and car parts.

Meanwhile the original Terminator franchise and movies like Aliens had strong female leads and were universally loved by fans of all political leanings.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top