Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2019 6:15:29 PM EDT
Thank the mental goliaths at the "Today Show" for correcting the record in the oft-maligned Breed of Peace.

What is a pit bull? (Hint: It's not actually a dog breed)

Yep. In yet another step for revisionist reality, the NBC geniuses tell us, "A little over a year ago, pet photographer and animal shelter advocate Adam Goldberg came up with an idea for a new photo series: The Pit Bull Picture Project.

Goldberg, who is based in Tampa, Florida, set out to photograph pitties in a way that would help dismantle untrue negative stereotypes about the dogs, and "show off their goofy and lovable side to inspire more adoptions," he told TODAY."

Yep. None other than the font of all knowledge, the august Huffington Post has weighed in.

That's it guys. Game over.

The Breed of Peace really is snuggly boogum-woogums after all!

All the maimings and deaths? Isolated incidents.

Trust NBC's "Today Show" for truth in all things.

Ignore Fake news videos of pibbles wreaking havoc

Now we know the TRUTH about pit bulls.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
good shoot
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
F*cking idiots who record these things never keep the camera on the action.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's all hope nobody memes these...

Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
OP is concerned
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I think a lot depends on the breeder and how the dog is raised.

Our member Rodent rescued a good dog.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to kill a rampaging pit bull and post pics.  Just to piss off the apologists.

Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
A death trap and waste of oxygen.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
We know what "pit bulls" look like and we know that this TYPE of dog is responsible for more attacks with serious injury to people than any other breed or type.

Yours may be nice but I have less reason to trust it than I do any specific named breed.

I've never been attacked by one but I got charged once.  I stood my ground, even advanced toward it, pointed toward the way it came, and commanded it to GO HOME.

And it did.  At least it ran away.

The only time I ever got bitten was just a nip and it was a Chow.  Chows are assholes like pits never have been.  But Chows are nowhere near as common.

Pits earned their stereotype.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Op needs to do more research.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Both my ar15 and my pit are defective
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The pit bull craziness on this forum is quite funny.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Show me on the doll where the pit bull bit you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]
How about we just refer to them as "medium-sized stocky dogs with big heads and murderous tendencies"? Then we will know what the owner means when he says what kind of dog he has.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me "Lucy" was going for my throat, but I turned and faked her with my left arm. I managed to dodge the attack and tried to kick back at the dog and missed. Luckily, the dog changed its mind and the owner, a white trash male, was able to get control of his sweet dog.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Ar15, no chain necessary.
Pit bull chain necessary.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only time I ever got bitten was just a nip and it was a Chow.  Chows are assholes like pits never have been.  But Chows are nowhere near as common.
View Quote
A friend has a chow;  he can't let anyone visit his home because the dog WILL bite them.  The dog has gotten much more aggressive as he aged;  used to be ok to be around him when he was a pup through adolescence, but not for the last ten years or so.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For me "Lucy" was going for my throat, but I turned and faked her with my left arm. I managed to dodge the attack and tried to kick back at the dog and missed. Luckily, the dog changed its mind and the owner, a white trash male, was able to get control of his sweet dog.
View Quote
Excuse me, was I talking you *you*?

How rude!
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A friend has a chow;  he can't let anyone visit his home because the dog WILL bite them.  The dog has gotten much more aggressive as he aged;  used to be ok to be around him when he was a pup through adolescence, but not for the last ten years or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really dislike Chows and Chow mixes. They’re pretty much always pissed of at someone or something.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Im not saying every pit owner is trashy.   It's just that every trashy dog owner chooses a pit
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd love to kill a rampaging pit bull and post pics.  Just to piss off the apologists.

Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Trailer sharks
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine too. Weird
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146317/be09aaf228b98c2eb3c49b4690f27c7adbf569519349f36cec1b829330e8490a_jpg-1032915.JPG
Thanks...Hoss.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, it’s all BS. How about I show you my broken hand from fending a PB off my dogs?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Pitbulls being the boogie man is fake news. Every dog that attacks somebody is called a pitbull by the media. I've been around a true "pitbull" for 11 years, as well as many others over the years...never so much as growled at me. My toddler has not been eaten and regularly pulls the tail, jumps on him, etc.I've been around a mastiff for less than an hour and had my hand bitten/thumb crushed. Do I think mastiffs are the devil? No. They are powerful but this particular one was not raised correctly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Whatever helps you sleep at night...
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#31]
ghetto dogs for ghetto people
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pitbulls being the boogie man is fake news. Every dog that attacks somebody is called a pitbull by the media. I've been around a true "pitbull" for 11 years, as well as many others over the years...never so much as growled at me. My toddler has not been eaten and regularly pulls the tail, jumps on him, etc.I've been around a mastiff for less than an hour and had my hand bitten/thumb crushed. Do I think mastiffs are the devil? No. They are powerful but this particular one was not raised correctly.
View Quote
Well that settles it then.

We can cross a couple spaces off pitbull bingo now too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#33]
ehh unrestrained pitbull    it  always makes it a good shoot   ...just explaining to your wife why you were in a trailer park might be the tough part
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
View Quote
+infinity
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
View Quote
You're the reason people laughed at the story of a couple pics killing damn near 30 cats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Pit Bulls are awesome
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Pit bull owners sound like democrats making excuses for the bad behavior of criminal illegals. Both groups want to keep their pets.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You're the reason people laughed at the story of a couple pics killing damn near 30 cats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck your shit-ass dogs.
Man, I kind of laughed at it too.

That was a weird thread.  I love cats, but the image in my head of how it went down had me kind of giggling.  I felt bad.

Those two dogs I wouldn't mind if they were put down, too.  I know they were dogs doing dog things, but...
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Meh. A properly maintained bloodline will be no threat to people.

Anything else? All bets are off.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Nobody will meme them.

Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Have a neighbor who dresses up her (3) dogs for every holiday. They're not pits but if they finally had enough and ate her I'd understand.

Have more and more neighbors getting pits, including one house that has 5, count em 5. Far enough away to be off the radar but driving past and seeing other neighborhood kids out, it's just a matter of time. There's another who can barely control the family not-yet-full-grown pit on walks. The dog literally lunges in the air at any cars driving by. Nutso. But thanks to the Today Show, I realize it's my lack of understanding and not the breed at all.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nobody will meme them.

https://i.imgflip.com/36o9mu.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Meh. A properly maintained bloodline will be no threat to people.

Anything else? All bets are off.
View Quote
.....No.  I grew up with a girl that got her face gnawed on by a pure breed golden retriever.  Pretty much any dog can be a threat to humans.  Pit bulls....just a lot more likely to gnaw on someone's flesh.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah. If the ones that show human aggression are culled, as was the practice, it would be as unlikely to occur as with a Golden.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
...yet...
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I really dislike Chows and Chow mixes. They’re pretty much always pissed of at someone or something.
View Quote

Lab Chow mix. Lived to be 12 years old and never had an incident with anyone. Best dog I ever had.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top