Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2019 10:57:09 AM EDT
Search function pulled up nothing.

The Nicole Kidman movie about sexual harassment at Fox News has tanked.

It cost estimated $32 million to make, pulled in $317,000 its opening weekend, and has grossed just under $6.5 million after one week in general distribution.

Rotten Tom gives it a 68.  The reviews are generally "Fox is bad to women" but movie "didn't go deep enough,"  whatever that means.

IMDB gives it 6.4.  Reviewers there openly hate Fox News.

But the important number is tickets sold.  And that ain't really happening.

I do not advocate sexual harassment.  In an industry in which women compete with their bust size and legs, for better or worse, it isn't a secret that sex sells news as much as it does automobiles.

Men are generally sexually aggressive.

None of that makes for good entertainment in and of itself.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Not too surprising. I think the average person is getting tired of all the SJW bullshit they're being bombarded with every day.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Same team that financed Joker.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol, good. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol, good. Fuck them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol, good. Fuck them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Same team that financed Joker.
View Quote
So did they use the proceeds from a profitable movie to film a politically motivated hit piece they are passionate about?

1. A fool and their money will soon be parted.
2. This is why giving money to Hollywood is bad for America.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to see this movie but it hasn't come to our local theater and I don't know why. Maybe if it were playing in more theaters people would be watching it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not too surprising. I think the average person is getting tired of all the SJW bullshit they're being bombarded with every day.
View Quote
Not to mention that the main audience has all sorts of ‘triggers’ that movie is sure to trip, which means they’ll not go see it.

Bless ‘em, they’re trying to keep it relevant. They just don’t realize how over it people are.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Like anyone wants to watch a mobie with 3 hotties and oi lesbo jello scene
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Funny, NPR has been pumping this movie the past couple of weeks. They've interviewed actors, had a talk show discussing it, etc.  One interviewer breathlessly asked Charlize Theron how she dealt with playing someone (Megan Kelly) whose politics she found so reprehensible......
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So did they use the proceeds from a profitable movie to film a politically motivated hit piece they are passionate about?

1. A fool and their money will soon be parted.
2. This is why giving money to Hollywood is bad for America.
View Quote
Those guys come from hedge fund world so they’re always looking to make money by mitigating risk by buying in batch.  Eastwood’s The Mule, Rebel Wilson’s Isn’t It Romantic, Ivan Reitman’s Ghostbusters, this movie.  Looks like a diverse batch to me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#12]
People go to movies to be entertained.  This doesn't sound entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#13]
That's great news.

Hope this trend continues.  2020 gonna be a good year if so!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Jordan Peterson likes to ask women why they wear makeup and high heels to work......:it’s not to be better at their jobs.

That doesn’t make workplace harassment and work predators acceptable, not at all.  To say that dressing sexy at work isn’t a factor is just as ignorant.

Certainly physically attractive people are presenting the news in TV.  That’s very obvious.

I’m glad the movie failed. It was a political hit piece going into election season.  Where’s the movie about all the “reporters” at other networks harassing women, and peddling falsehoods that eventually lead to the end of their careers.  There are al lot more of them NOT on Fox News.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rotten Tom gives it a 68.  The reviews are generally "Fox is bad to women" but movie "didn't go deep enough," whatever that means.

View Quote
That’s what she said!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Who wants to watch a predictable movie about sexual harassment?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I would like to see it, hopefully it come to Netflix someday.  I will not pay the rape ass movie theatre prices to see it, however, even if it is about rape assing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
My son is 17, and almost all of his friends think that the Democrats and the left have gone full retard. They'll all be voting in the next round of elections. 2020 should be a very interesting election cycle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That’s what she said!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rotten Tom gives it a 68.  The reviews are generally "Fox is bad to women" but movie "didn't go deep enough," whatever that means.

That’s what she said!!
Dammit...you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My son is 17, and almost all of his friends think that the Democrats and the left have gone full retard. They'll all be voting in the next round of elections. 2020 should be a very interesting election cycle.
View Quote
Just go watch Tik Tok videos.  The young seem to be pretty onboard with Trump.

You gotta remember.  This generation has been through so much PC and SJW bullshit through their education.  Kids tend to rebel against the "norms" they are taught, making conservative views rebellious for this generation.

We might just survive as a country.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://img.memecdn.com/ducreux-on-tits-or-gtfo_o_1041816.jpg

View Quote
Not exactly sure what you were trying to say, but a movie with Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron,
and a 3rd 'hottie' in a lesbian jello scene intrigues the hell out of me
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That’s what she said!!
View Quote
That's what they all tell me
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol, good. Fuck them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not exactly sure what you were trying to say, but a movie with Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://img.memecdn.com/ducreux-on-tits-or-gtfo_o_1041816.jpg

Attractive as that may be... it still wasn't enough to sell more than half a million tickets after being out 10 days.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#25]
What, people aren't flocking in droves to a movie which is clearly nothing but an attack on the most popular cable news network?

Shocker.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Can’t wait for the movies about:

NBC cover up of Matt Lauer, Mark Halperin, and Harvey Weinstein

CBS cover up of Moonves and the conspiracy of firing the leaker who informed the world ABC had the Epstein story with actual victims and the killed it

ABC killing the Epstein story
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Jordan Peterson likes to ask women why they wear makeup and high heels to work......:it’s not to be better at their jobs.
View Quote
I used to ask the same about the females in the military.
Outside of formal occasions in dress uniforms and  photos, i.e. in working uniform during the normal working day.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Not enough woke, brain dead fuckers with money to float these bullshit propaganda films. Oh well, doomers...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#29]
It cost estimated $32 million to make, pulled in $317,000 its opening weekend,
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol, good. Fuck them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I know the commercial for it is piss poor. My wife and I have seen the commercial numerous times and didn't know until this thread what the movie was about. It seems like it would be a better made for TV movie than a movie theater movie. No wonder it bombed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Zero surprise to me
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
you got my meaning exactly great cast shitty plot this should have been an NC-17 softcore flick
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Another wahmen film.  Virtually every wahmen film has bombed at the box office except for Captain Marvel, which got through based purely on the trust Marvel had built with its fans on every other film before Captain Marvel.  She was still disliked enough that she barely made an appearance in End Game, and everyone's favorite scene was when Thanos falcon punched her clear out of the movie.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#36]
This would of been moar better

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#37]
But muh birth rates are down so, we need to import historically misogynistic cultures to take our place...

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I don’t watch Fox News anymore so why would I watch a movie about Fox News?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

CBS cover up of Moonves and the conspiracy of firing the leaker who informed the world ABC had the Epstein story with actual victims and the killed it

View Quote
Came to post this. With all of the sexual harassment coming from the left, this is the one they made a movie about? Nothing more than a hit piece against Fox.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lol, good. Fuck them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Jordan Peterson likes to ask women why they wear makeup and high heels to work......:it's not to be better at their jobs.

That doesn't make workplace harassment and work predators acceptable, not at all.  To say that dressing sexy at work isn't a factor is just as ignorant.

Certainly physically attractive people are presenting the news in TV.  That's very obvious.

I'm glad the movie failed. It was a political hit piece going into election season.  Where's the movie about all the "reporters" at other networks harassing women, and peddling falsehoods that eventually lead to the end of their careers.  There are al lot more of them NOT on Fox News.
View Quote
It isn't that they dress 'well' and saying 'sexy' isn't descriptive enough.  Most well-dressed women could be described as 'sexy'.

What puts most of these women into the sights of predators is that they dress as provocatively as possible, as well as when they are starting out they will do things that would make a prostitute blush to get a 'break', yet they then expect since they 'paid their dues' they no longer have to put up with the predators and general bad behavior (I classify the comedian who beat it in front of women as bad behavior rather than being a predator as I don't believe he was picky about which women he did this to).  Ignoring the fact that they chose to get where they are by playing bait for those predators, do they think the wolves will go away because the sheep don't want to play anymore?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh. Plenty of well done documentaries about that very subject out there...

TC
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just go watch Tik Tok videos.  The young seem to be pretty onboard with Trump.

You gotta remember.  This generation has been through so much PC and SJW bullshit through their education.  Kids tend to rebel against the "norms" they are taught, making conservative views rebellious for this generation.

We might just survive as a country.  
View Quote
I got this shirt the other week,  so far at the gym, Christmas shopping,  bank trip,  etc.... LOTS of younger folks will stop me and say "Love your shirt Sir!"   "Can we get a pic" etc...

We...are...winning....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
But muh birth rates are down so, we need to import historically misogynistic cultures to take our place...

View Quote
When the Commies take full control, all this SJW bullshit (and the laws that go with it) will disappear. No Title IX in The Soviet Union.

TC
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw that Bombshell movie listed at theaters the other day. Even though I dont like him much, I have to admit Ronan Farrow was actually tenacious in going after the Winestien story, and what he went through might actually make a pretty good movie, but I dont see that happening.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can't wait for the movies about:

View Quote

When did that break????!!??!?!?

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Maybe the holidays are a bad time to be releasing movies-based-on-real-events. As another example, look at the box office for that Richard Jewell movie.

Quoted:

Last I heard, there’s actually 4 projects in development about Epstein. Netflix is doing one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#50]
A somewhat related question....

How did the Ginsburg movie do? I saw an add for it ever commercial break for a couple of weeks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top