User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/8/2020 9:31:49 PM EDT

Dat K9 attack
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel like someone's going to get an ass chewing after the reports are written....
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like someone's going to get an ass chewing after the reports are written....
View Quote

Yeah, something went terribly wrong for them to end up in that situation.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  That’s why I like having a Tahoe with a slide out storage compartment in the back.  If a suspect was able to slip his cuffs, knock out the partition and climb out through the truck area, he isn’t getting any guns as they are locked in the slide out. (Well the shotgun and less lethal shotgun are back there.  AR is locked up in the cab)  He’d have to open the rear hatch and get into a locked drawer.  He’s not opening the slide out with the hatch closed.

The female cop yelling about the gun in his waistband was annoying.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
homicide team investigates non-homicide?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Draw it again!
Attachment Attached File

The two shooters take each other out!  

Holy crossfire Batman.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Yikes, that's a real mess.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I caught that as well.

“The man was transported with non-life threatening injuries.”

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
They were way too nice to him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]
He must have been really doped up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I think who ever left their back up unsecured in the bag will get days on the beach or terminated.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy fucking French firing squad!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
How common is it for someone to 'slip their cuff' on a properly applied handcuff?

That woman is lucky the tango didn't blow her fucking head off while she was leaning in through the drivers door window fucking with whatever she was fucking with.

Sure looked like she was sweeping the other cops there...multiple times. Borderline hysterical.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Was there this much Benny Hill bullshit before body cams?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same goes for society as a whole before cell cams.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Did one of those cops have a 1911? Watching on my phone. Also, why does it appear that some cops hold their guns sideways? I think I’ve seen that on Live PD or cops before.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#16]
That was the most goddamn clown shoes shit I’ve seen in a long time. A month  ago he’d have been Swiss cheese the second they saw the gun. The level of risk they all assumed was absolutely insane.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#17]
lol, what a clown show.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Those lady cops flagging their partners. Running around to the other side of the car causing a crossfire situations.

Sorry these faginas need to be relieved of duty before they kill someone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How common is it for someone to 'slip their cuff' on a properly applied handcuff?

That woman is lucky the tango didn't blow her fucking head off while she was leaning in through the drivers door window fucking with whatever she was fucking with.

Sure looked like she was sweeping the other cops there...multiple times. Borderline hysterical.
View Quote

The fucking academy teaches you not to put them on too tight because you can cause “discomfort” or “nerve damage.”

After I had one girl slip my cuffs and another guy do it on a different officers stop I crank them down until I can’t. It’s a short ride. They’ll live.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it’s an officer involved shooting
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The level of risk they all assumed was absolutely insane.

Agree. They have a bad guy in the back of a police car firing rounds through the window at them and they barely shoot back. Time for verbal commands is over at that point.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Those lady cops flagging their partners. Running around to the other side of the car causing a crossfire situations.

View Quote

I can understand the desire to go on the other side of the vehicle in order to see what’s going on.  It can be a hard instinct to break
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agree. They have a bad guy in the back of a police car firing rounds through the window at them and they barely shoot back. Time for verbal commands is over at that point.
View Quote

They’ll be more than one “expert” that’ll say that he’s contained in the vehicle and/or facility and the officers should make distance, contain him, and call SWAT to resolve the issue
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#25]
oof.  those zombies are actually out there?

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I always kept my backup pistol on me. What a clown show though... Why the fuck would you intentionally walk into cross fire?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Very, VERY unimpressed with some of the officers actions. If a couple don't get their asses reamed for moving into X-fire positions several times, someone isn't doing their job.

They let the perp control the situation for much of the interaction, not something that should be done with an armed suspect.

Poor cuffing, leaving a firearm in the perps area accessible, not keeping the perp in sight so he could free himself AND get to a gun.

Damn lucky one of those cops isn't ventilated.

And if you're going to fooking shoot, shoot until the perp quits resisting or follows directions, not shoot a couple times and wait until he keeps trying to find a way to escape with a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I worked at San Diego County Mental Health Emergency Psych unit for many years in the 90’s.  Had to deal with this type of individual.  I’m surprised they didn’t take him there first, at least for evaluation and stabilization prior to booking.  Maybe things have changed.  Again, things were way different ‘back then’.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#29]
On the plus side, we see that a bullet can strike a windshield at a pretty shallow angle, penetrate and still fly true to it's target.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#30]
That needs more yakaty-sax!    
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#31]
the last thing I would want while I was in a gunfight would be to here a woman yelling out commands and trying to talk to me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#32]
hummm
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They’ll be more than one “expert” that’ll say that he’s contained in the vehicle and/or facility and the officers should make distance, contain him, and call SWAT to resolve the issue
View Quote

Maybe if he's just held up in the car sure, but once the rounds start coming your way it's go time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#34]
His free hand was bloody, possibly from slipping the cuff and probably from breaking the plexi.  He was walking around without a care in the world, high as a kite.  he probably didn't feel a thing when he slipped it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe if he's just held up in the car sure, but once the rounds start coming your way it's go time.
View Quote

That’s what a reasonable person would say
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

My old agency had a unit of the homicide team that did all OIS and in-custody deaths.

Any time a person's death is caused by another human being, the manner of death is ruled a "homicide" and not to be confused with "murder" which denotes some illegality. Death row inmate getting the needle is ruled a "homicide"...
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty common.  In many agencies, homicide will investigate non-fatal OISs, and the state will take over fatal ones.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#40]
No tazers deployed? One officer could give him some juice and see how that worked. I don't know their policy on tazers, but in Texas even small town deputies carry them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Officer Barkley was having none of that BS.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was only one woman cop that I could see, and she kinda followed the dude to the other side of the cop rig first.  Then they came back around when the cops said to watch the crossfire.

Eta:  unless that is a really manly woman that she is with, now I’m not sure.    Sure looks like a dude to me but it’s face is pretty dang clean shaven and it has a very pretty hair cut
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Arrested, deaf, shot and bit by a K9 sounds like a pretty shitty night.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

speed it up and put it to the music.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The fucking academy teaches you not to put them on too tight because you can cause “discomfort” or “nerve damage.”

After I had one girl slip my cuffs and another guy do it on a different officers stop I crank them down until I can’t. It’s a short ride. They’ll live.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Just make sure you double lock them so they can’t crank them down more on themselves on purpose to sue.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#46]
That one cop “watch your crossfire”...pretty sure translates to “I swear if one of you motherfuckers shoots me due to your own stupidity...I’m going to go duck behind this engine block”...
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No tazers deployed? One officer could give him some juice and see how that worked. I don't know their policy on tazers, but in Texas even small town deputies carry them.
View Quote

It’s generally not recommended to leave cover to close to within taser range of an individual armed with a gun unless you absolutely have to.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tasers are useless.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top