Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/29/2020 7:46:51 PM EDT
Link

With lawlessness and organized looting threatening to take down Joe Biden (which is why I’ve been calling the riots “spontaneous pro-Trump rallies”—have they filed their in-kind contribution reports with the FEC by the way?), we’ve seen leading Democrats like AOC say looting is just desperate people trying to get necessities. Like flat screen TVs and Nike shoes, though I haven’t been able to find the FDA’s nutritional guidance on any of these necessities.

In any case, NPR on Thursday offered an extended interview with Vicky Osterweil, author of a brand new book, In Defense of Looting. Here are some highlights from the interview:

For people who haven’t read your book, how do you define looting?

When I use the word looting, I mean the mass expropriation of property, mass shoplifting during a moment of upheaval or riot. That’s the thing I’m defending. . .

Can you talk about rioting as a tactic? What are the reasons people deploy it as a strategy?

It does a number of important things. It gets people what they need for free immediately, which means that they are capable of living and reproducing their lives without having to rely on jobs or a wage—which, during COVID times, is widely unreliable or, particularly in these communities is often not available, or it comes at great risk. That’s looting’s most basic tactical power as a political mode of action.

It also attacks the very way in which food and things are distributed. It attacks the idea of property, and it attacks the idea that in order for someone to have a roof over their head or have a meal ticket, they have to work for a boss, in order to buy things that people just like them somewhere else in the world had to make under the same conditions. It points to the way in which that’s unjust. And the reason that the world is organized that way, obviously, is for the profit of the people who own the stores and the factories. So you get to the heart of that property relation, and demonstrate that without police and without state oppression, we can have things for free. . .

Looting strikes at the heart of property, of whiteness and of the police. It gets to the very root of the way those three things are interconnected. And also it provides people with an imaginative sense of freedom and pleasure and helps them imagine a world that could be. And I think that’s a part of it that doesn’t really get talked about—that riots and looting are experienced as sort of joyous and liberatory.

What are some of the most common myths and tropes that you hear about looting?

. . . one is that looters are just acting as consumers: Why are they taking flat screen TVs instead of rice and beans? Like, if they were just surviving, it’d be one thing, but they’re taking liquor. All these tropes come down to claiming that the rioters and the looters don’t know what they’re doing. They’re acting, you know, in a disorganized way, maybe an “animalistic” way. But the history of the movement for liberation in America is full of looters and rioters. They’ve always been a part of our movement.

More from the interview at link.

Book author Vicky Osterweil

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck NPR, communists
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
And when I shoot them, it's not an act of murder. It's me re-appropriating that life-giving property that was taken from me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The looters should loot NPR.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone should teach her him IT about the expropriation of life and property.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn OP, how about a warning on that pic?

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol, fucking liberals get crazier by the day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Link

With lawlessness and organized looting threatening to take down Joe Biden (which is why I’ve been calling the riots “spontaneous pro-Trump rallies”—have they filed their in-kind contribution reports with the FEC by the way?), we’ve seen leading Democrats like AOC say looting is just desperate people trying to get necessities. Like flat screen TVs and Nike shoes, though I haven’t been able to find the FDA’s nutritional guidance on any of these necessities.

In any case, NPR on Thursday offered an extended interview with Vicky Osterweil, author of a brand new book, In Defense of Looting. Here are some highlights from the interview:

When I use the word looting, I mean the mass expropriation of property, mass shoplifting during a moment of upheaval or riot. That’s the thing I’m defending. . .

Can you talk about rioting as a tactic? What are the reasons people deploy it as a strategy?

It does a number of important things. It gets people what they need for free immediately, which means that they are capable of living and reproducing their lives without having to rely on jobs or a wage—which, during COVID times, is widely unreliable or, particularly in these communities is often not available, or it comes at great risk. That’s looting’s most basic tactical power as a political mode of action.

It also attacks the very way in which food and things are distributed. It attacks the idea of property, and it attacks the idea that in order for someone to have a roof over their head or have a meal ticket, they have to work for a boss, in order to buy things that people just like them somewhere else in the world had to make under the same conditions. It points to the way in which that’s unjust. And the reason that the world is organized that way, obviously, is for the profit of the people who own the stores and the factories. So you get to the heart of that property relation, and demonstrate that without police and without state oppression, we can have things for free. . .

Looting strikes at the heart of property, of whiteness and of the police. It gets to the very root of the way those three things are interconnected. And also it provides people with an imaginative sense of freedom and pleasure and helps them imagine a world that could be. And I think that’s a part of it that doesn’t really get talked about—that riots and looting are experienced as sort of joyous and liberatory.

. . . one is that looters are just acting as consumers: Why are they taking flat screen TVs instead of rice and beans? Like, if they were just surviving, it’d be one thing, but they’re taking liquor. All these tropes come down to claiming that the rioters and the looters don’t know what they’re doing. They’re acting, you know, in a disorganized way, maybe an “animalistic” way. But the history of the movement for liberation in America is full of looters and rioters. They’ve always been a part of our movement.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259519/6A2E893F-11B3-483A-8467-A5D083B7C838_jpe-1568949.JPG

View Quote

Boy, that face
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Im guessing that " Vicky" started life as a man. Which means that it is mentally ill
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It attacks the idea of property...

So you get to the heart of that property relation, and demonstrate that without police and without state oppression, we can have things for free. . .

Looting strikes at the heart of property, of whiteness...
View Quote

Evil, dangerous, mentally ill.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently this "Liberation Front" is like an offshoot of antifa. And uses the same kind of terror cell structure.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/06/who-is-the-pnw-youth-liberation-front-at-the-center-of-recent-portland-protests.html

The enemy has been VERY busy. Probably all throughout the Obama years with .gov support on the backend.  And I would bet my life that a truck load of the fucking kungflu aid money the democrats secured has been funneled into all these groups.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
That is one ugly cunt....
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a man
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I checked amazon but they don't have the free copies with free shipping.

Guess the looting only goes one way.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder of she'd feel the same about rioters looting her home?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Lets Loot the home she's in, see how she likes it.

Damn, LTCetme beat me a few seconds
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]
TLDR

I got an email from UBER essentially supporting the same.

I've used UBER once.  That will be the last time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
She's welcome to loot at my place. I'm quite sure she won't enjoy being re-looted on the way up my drive.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Link

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259519/6A2E893F-11B3-483A-8467-A5D083B7C838_jpe-1568949.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe we should loot their radio stations!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Her?! If that's a woman... I'm a unicorn!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#29]
that's 100% a man
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#30]
FUCK YOU *VICTOR* OSTERWEIL
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#31]
That's a man, baby
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Boy, that face
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Boy, that face

That face...boy.

Kinda.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]
>Vickey

Attachment Attached File

“without police and without state oppression, we can have things for free.”

Yeah, you can grow your own food & make your own clothes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Police! I've been robbed of my property by transphobic white thieves!"
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#35]
What a loon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Bioleninism

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

How much do archive CDs of “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” go for on eBay?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like A Lady) (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Likely only one way it ends at this point. Starts in the cities & radiates out from there. Such a shitty realization to have with 3 young kids.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck NPR, communists
View Quote

This.

Typical liberalism... They support looting OTHER people's property.  The moment their own property is at stake they're on the phones with 911 begging for help.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Likely only one way it ends at this point. Starts in the cities & radiates out from there. Such a shitty realization to have with 3 young kids.
View Quote

God be with you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Definitely NOT mental illness.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
TLDR

I got an email from UBER essentially supporting the same.

I've used UBER once.  That will be the last time.
View Quote

What exactly did they say?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beer coasters are usually free.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#45]

That thing needs a bullet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, she will never have to worry about looters stealing piles of her books that will then never be sold to pay her bills....

So there's that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Tranny?

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#48]
this is a dupe
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Wow! Same time, same exact post. I concur.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#50]
She's a dopey looking bitch, isn't she/it/thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top