Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/12/2021 9:09:38 AM EDT
No this isn’t a “bury all your guns” thread. It’s a keep most of your guns handy and bury/stash a few in a secret place thread.

There will be instances when people are going to get visits at work, stopped when they leave the house, have a spouse or family member surrender them when your not present, etc. It will happen when people are separated from their homes/firearms....even if your the “give them the bullets first” type. This isn’t “hide all your guns”. It’s be smart/prepared and hide A gun or two in case you are relieved of them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Guns are icky, and what kind of terrorist would own more than one for hunting purposes?!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I fudded and boomered and sold most of mine in the great panic of 21.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fudded and boomered and sold most of mine in the great panic of 21.
View Quote

Got one on a 4473 before? You’re still going to get a visit and a “safety check” of your home peasant.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't own guns. I'm here for GD.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't own guns. I'm here for GD.
View Quote

I’m sure they couldn’t tell if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh, if you wasn't getting your go-to stuff "off the books" by now I fear it's getting too late......It takes a while.

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Not too worried.  If they take my 20 or so that I bought through dealers I still have over 100 hidden around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#9]
How are they planning on finding me?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been selling my papered guns off steadily for the past year. Had too many anyway. At my age you have to start letting stuff go sooner or later. Might as well be now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully this will be resolved long before that happens OP, but were are running out of boxes to use.

The attack on legal gun owners needs to end, no new laws, repeal of infringing laws.  We are not the problem, criminals are.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#12]
They can come for my NFA stuff, but everything else went in the smelter due to woke...
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#13]
It’s cool. I got a plan. When the dog dies, I’m going to have him stuffed with tannerite and set up in the living room.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad I only browsed at firearms before and never purchased any. They’re gross.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I sold them to a dude that drove a burgundy Camry, thats all i remember.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not a pussy, I don't plan on giving anything up...
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#17]
dealers are required to hold 4473 for 20 yrs after that they can be destroyed, I hope they are destroying as they become eligible like they should be.

It would take thousands of years for the government to take those forms from dealers and put it in a modern data base
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
dealers are required to hold 4473 for 20 yrs after that they can be destroyed, I hope they are destroying as they become eligible like they should be.

It would take thousands of years for the government to take those forms from dealers and put it in a modern data base
View Quote

NVM
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Soon....
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#20]
You don't respond when they come for your guns, you respond when they come for your neighbors.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#21]
The fact we are at this point, and too disorganized to even protest it, et alone fight it, makes me both angry and sad.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#22]
You all sound like a bunch of cucks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

During IOI inspections they are digitizing them, when an FFL goes out of business they are required to send them to ATF and then they are digitized.  Do not think they don't have records.  07's have to fill out an AMFER every year stating how many guns and what type are produced, and they cross reference that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Only one problem the dealer shuts his doors all records are sent to ATF
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Sold all mine. Just kept a bolt gun and a 16 gauge for home protection.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Wait, wut?  Is something happening?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Got one on a 4473 before? You’re still going to get a visit and a “safety check” of your home peasant.
View Quote

They can check deez nutz.  Fuck you is all they're getting out of me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I've been selling mine to scared liberals at super inflated prices.  I don't feel bad for a second.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Aren't they all...

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I agree. Does anyone remember the original Red Dawn movie? Even the writers of that knew what a Form 4473 was and how they can be used.

The Cuban Colonel named Bella orders the KGB to retrieve the local sporting good’s store records of gun sales on the ATF Form 4473. These list which citizens have purchased what firearms, and where they live. Eventually they rounded every firearm owner up and executed them as these citizens would be the most likely to resist any foreign occupation.

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Once again people underestimate the Power of the State once you're in its crosshairs.

They're not just going to show up one day, they will be monitoring and surveilling you, your family, your property, your known associates for weeks, months, maybe years.  Especially with drones they can monitor what they want, when they want.  Internet usage, purchase history, and plenty of others to rat you out will give them a complete picture of what you have.  

Your buried home-made glock and 80% AR isn't going to help you, and odds are they will destroy everything you have to ensure they find them.  In fact, because they're not idiots and I am certain boards like this with threads like this is monitored by Feds they will presume you have hidden guns, that's why things like VPN with burner cards, delivery to a PO Box with no paper trail and buried off-site isn't likely to succeed, even if you somehow manage to evade them finding it do you think they will just turn you loose and not follow you like a hawk then pinch you when you go to dig them up?

The only chance to avoid detection was maybe a decade ago if you paid cash for parts at some show, presuming the Alphabet Boys wasn't there recording license plates.  They've been playing The Long Game.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

LMAO...

You tell'em!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#34]
No.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, no.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no.

This.

They did it with the patent office about 25 years ago. They had quite the operation going digitizing ALL the patents.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Some of us have better training than the law dogs

When they show up at those particular houses to confiscate anything they are going to have a really, really bad day
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no.
A few years ago my department hired a company to digitize all of our records. Decades of run reports, training records, maintenance records an entire room and storage unit and some boxes up in the attic. Millions of sheets of paper.

Two guys spent about four days on it. We now have a searchable file on a little USB stick that stored all the data formerly contained within literally tons of paper.

It would be a trivial matter for the feds to do the same and they probably already have with records surrendered by defunct FFLs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It would be a trivial matter for the feds to do the same and they probably already have with records surrendered by defunct FFLs.
View Quote
They do.

They scan them to PDF and they utilize OCR (which effectively renders a searchable database) at ATF's OBRC.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lol, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no.

Owe the IRS unpaid money and see how fast they send you a letter.  When the .gov wants to f*ck you, they can be fast.  They are on a mission.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Milling machine go burr.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Do you even realize how inept the government is full of bureaucracy it is. These aren't the sharpest crayons in the box.  Paid by the hour, and other things on their minds. They make drugs and crimes against the law and that doesn't happen anymore right? Don't hide your guns but don't have any empty magazines either. Change the combination on your safe. Practice as much as you can. Take care and don't be alone.
Choose Jesus to be your Lord and Savior and this wisp of time will be little throughout eternity.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I agree. Does anyone remember the original Red Dawn movie? Even the writers of that knew what a Form 4473 was and how they can be used.

The Cuban Colonel named Bella orders the KGB to retrieve the local sporting good’s store records of gun sales on the ATF Form 4473. These list which citizens have purchased what firearms, and where they live. Eventually they rounded every firearm owner up and executed them as these citizens would be the most likely to resist any foreign occupation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaF-j8x5Vc
View Quote

I believe the Russians did this after the 1918 revolution for the same reasons.

kwg
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not too worried.  If they take my 20 or so that I bought through dealers I still have over 100 hidden around.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Once again people underestimate the Power of the State once you're in its crosshairs.

They're not just going to show up one day, they will be monitoring and surveilling you, your family, your property, your known associates for weeks, months, maybe years.  Especially with drones they can monitor what they want, when they want.  Internet usage, purchase history, and plenty of others to rat you out will give them a complete picture of what you have.  

Your buried home-made glock and 80% AR isn't going to help you, and odds are they will destroy everything you have to ensure they find them.  In fact, because they're not idiots and I am certain boards like this with threads like this is monitored by Feds they will presume you have hidden guns, that's why things like VPN with burner cards, delivery to a PO Box with no paper trail and buried off-site isn't likely to succeed, even if you somehow manage to evade them finding it do you think they will just turn you loose and not follow you like a hawk then pinch you when you go to dig them up?

The only chance to avoid detection was maybe a decade ago if you paid cash for parts at some show, presuming the Alphabet Boys wasn't there recording license plates.  They've been playing The Long Game.
View Quote
The state isn't god and doesn't have unlimited resources. Anyone who wants to can manage to purchase and hide stuff the government won't find.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good, but you still might want a gun or 2 after being arrested (and therefore becoming a prohibited person).

They let people bond out of jail (even for murder/manslaughter).

If you survive the battle, you're still in the game. Never give up.

Quoted:
...even if you somehow manage to evade them finding it do you think they will just turn you loose and not follow you like a hawk then pinch you when you go to dig them up?
Yes, I think they won't follow you.

All kinds of truly horrible people bond out of jail for felonies every day...
They aren't followed.

Government(s) have many amazing capabilities but most are not good/thorough at their jobs so I wouldn't get too paranoid about "what-ifs" that simply don't match the observed norms.

Learn about counter-surveillance so it won't matter if they decide to follow you.

It's still easy to buy FTF with cash in most states, and knowing your plate # doesn't reveal where you put the gun(s) or the identifying info of the gun(s).
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL at "non-papered guns"

If we get to a point where that matters, then we are past the point of it mattering.

So what if they take (by whatever means they can) anything you 4473'd?

Then what?  Take your illegal, not turned in, not registered AR and do WHAT with it?

COC?  It will be WAY too late by then...hell, its too late now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Sold mine to a sketchy looking guy at a gun show parking lot back in '19. It was still legal then, using that "loophole". Didn't get his name, or info, sadly.

Shame.

But, if I had any, I'd take your advice OP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#50]
double tap
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top