Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/25/2021 10:53:06 AM EDT
This their job right? Prop master specializing in guns for movies making giant bucks.  So why is there even 1 live round on grounds other than a security officer. Why would the prop master in charge of movie firearms even have live ammo? Seems like a recipe for disaster.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
A large portion of the public are morons. A large portion of the public are morons AND have no experience with guns.

Explained.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
its definitely a strange practice. I don't even work on or clean my guns in the same room of the house where i keep my ammo and magazines. Weird to think of someone acting as a set armorer and having live rounds nearby
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
This belongs in the Alec Baldwin forum.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It’s not a prop gun if it will chamber live ammo.  It’s a firearm.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I dunno.

They generally have a "Weapons Master" who supervises all weaponry for the safety of everyone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah like when they use a couch or a lamp for a scene you can't really sit on the couch or turn on the lamp.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Some people are elitist assholes.  They know better, they don't need uneducated deplorables explaining gun safety to them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah like when they use a couch or a lamp for a scene you can't really sit on the couch or turn on the lamp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not a prop gun if it will chamber live ammo.  It's a firearm.

Don't act stupid, the world doesn't need any extra.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not a prop gun if it will chamber live ammo.  It's a firearm.

Yes I'm the stupid one who thinks all guns in movies are fake.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#11]
It was a plot by Baldwin!!
He was having an affair with the camera lady. The director found out and plotted with the camera lady to blackmail Baldwin. His plan was to kill them both but his aim was a little off on the shoot through, bullet must have hit a bone. The director understood the warning and is keeping his mouth shut.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
One report said that the crew was using those guns after hours for live target practice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#14]
In movie jargon "live" isnt referring to ammunition designed to fire a projectile, it refers to the firearm being loaded with blanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#15]
According to TMZ, crew were using the gun for recreational shooting when off the clock. I'm guessing the kept the live rounds nearby so they wouldn't have to travel far to get some shooting in.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/23/alec-baldwin-rust-gun-accident-used-off-set-target-practice/
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#16]
What kind of gun was it? A revolver?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Because somebody spectacularly f***** up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#18]
The real question is why is Alec Baldwin so careless with firearms?

And when will he commit suicide because of this?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#19]
democrats don't want to follow established safety protocols

There are strict protocols when using simunitions that Hollywood could follow. Instead they get a 24yo armorer in charge of everything, going the least expensive route

It seems to be all about saving a buck doing everything on the cheap
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One report said that the crew was using those guns after hours for live target practice.
View Quote

Saw a report of this as well…… WTF
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
According to TMZ, crew were using the gun for recreational shooting when off the clock. I'm guessing the kept the live rounds nearby so they wouldn't have to travel far to get some shooting in.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/23/alec-baldwin-rust-gun-accident-used-off-set-target-practice/
View Quote

Why in the hell?  

That is more insane than the Clinton murder angle, which makes sense as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Saw a report of this as well WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw a report of this as well WTF
This means all those cool prop machine guns Hollywood gets a waver on, are used in a similar manner

Shut them down.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I dunno.

They generally have a "Weapons Master" who supervises all weaponry for the safety of everyone.
View Quote

I saw a very quick clip of that "Weapons Master" on the news. It was a very short clip but what she stated in that clip made me think that she didn't know the first thing about firearms or firearm safety whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
democrats don't want to follow established safety protocols

There are strict protocols when using simunitions that Hollywood could follow. Instead they get a 24yo armorer in charge of everything, going the least expensive route

It seems to be all about saving a buck doing everything on the cheap
View Quote

They are cheap when they are spending their own money, not so much when spending the taxpayers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]
probably a set up to kill someone that knew too much.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Saw a report of this as well…… WTF
View Quote

This doesn't surprise me.

A gunsmith buddy said it was common for people to bring their guns to him for work and their 'empty' guns would end up having live rounds in them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys always said, " leftist get the bullet too " and so they do.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's so fucking stupid and irresponsible, but for stupid, mentally ill, retard, leftist movie people, I guess it's not all that surprising.

Whoever brought live ammo onto a film set is equally responsible for the shooting as the Baldwin dipshit. In a sane world they'd both be locked up, but I very much doubt that will happen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is insane.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case, the police should treat this the same as if Alec Baldwin beat someone to death with a lamp on a movie set, then claimed it wasn't his fault because he thought it was a prop lamp.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep

Ah, OK. Thanks. Was wondering why it didn’t blow up in his hand if they simply switched to live ammo! No blank adapter to get in the way with a revolver.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Incompetence
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#36]
It appears they are calling the revolver a "prop" gun, but actually it's a real revolver that was meant to either have no rounds in it or blanks during filming.   A non-firing gun replica should have been used instead.   I think this point is confusing a lot of the media.   I would have never thought a real gun would ever be allowed on a set.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lamps ad couchs don't fire bullets.  As if it isn't obvious from the situation there needs to be a different standard for firearms used on a movie set.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#38]
welp. im not an actor.

but. this is how i handle  firearms that i pick up or are handed to me by the owner (say at one of the ranges i frequent). six shooter? half cock, rotate drum confirm all  chambers are empty. revolver, similar, open  cylinder confirm empty.

was at an MG shoot once. someone  handed me a grease gun. i was gonna fire it. i removed the mag, cycled the bolt, confirmed it was clear,  confirmed magazine had rounds seated properly. the owner said i was the  only one that had shot his mg that had gone through that process.

you hand me a firearm, in most cases i expect it to be unloaded and its my responsibility to load it if im gonna fire it. only exception was where i was shooting this guys flintlock rile (a very cool reproduction) and the owner prepared the rifle and brought to me on the firing line. im gonna clear the firearm first before in load and shoot it.

before is over here is what they are gonna find. movie site safety was slipshod. members of the cast and crew were allowed to shoot the firearms with live ammo during 'off-hours'. live ammo was laying about 'in a hazard manner'. at some point after they got through playing with the firearm, it got placed on a table with live rounds inside.

i would not wanna be in line for lawsuits here as there was obvious multiple acts of negligence.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
welp. im not an actor.

but. this is how i handle  firearms that i pick up or are handed to me by the owner (say at one of the ranges i frequent). six shooter? half cock, rotate drum confirm all  chambers are empty. revolver, similar, open  cylinder confirm empty.

was at an MG shoot once. someone  handed me a grease gun. i was gonna fire it. i removed the mag, cycled the bolt, confirmed it was clear,  confirmed magazine had rounds seated properly. the owner said i was the  only one that had shot his mg that had gone through that process.

you hand me a firearm, in most cases i expect it to be unloaded and its my responsibility to load it if im gonna fire it. only exception was where i was shooting this guys flintlock rile (a very cool reproduction) and the owner prepared the rifle and brought to me on the firing line. im gonna clear the firearm first before in load and shoot it.

before is over here is what they are gonna find. movie site safety was slipshod. members of the cast and crew were allowed to shoot the firearms with live ammo during 'off-hours'. live ammo was laying about 'in a hazard manner'. at some point after they got through playing with the firearm, it got placed on a table with live rounds inside.

i would not wanna be in line for lawsuits here as there was obvious multiple acts of negligence.
View Quote

I am tracking what you are saying.  However.

There is no way they don't come to the conclusion of "guns are dangerous and even professionals are not professional enough, obviously we need to ban them."
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#40]
So target practice with the same guns used for filming means there were possibly three versions of ammo available on set. Live rounds, dummy rounds, and blanks. Maybe they even skipped the dummy rounds for filming close ups of ammo belts, or loading up for action scenes, who knows. Someone had to be tasked with making damn sure there were only blanks fired in shooting scenes. The shit sounds like a recipe for disaster especially without the most meticulous safety protocols in place and being used all the time every time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#41]
According to my friend who has been doing camera work for almost 40 years, live ammo is allowed only when you are filming a show that involves actual shooting, like "Top Shot."  Otherwise it is absolutely verboten.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were filming a western so it was most likely a Colt 1873 or clone of one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

The gun's John Wayne used and particularly the yellow handled one he used for the last decade of his career was a legit Colt.
The guns Val Kilmer used in Tombstone were Ubertis.

A prop gun is any gun fake or otherwise used as a prop in filming.

Alec Baldwin is a confirmed idiot. Idiots and guns do not mix. If this were any other industry significant training and ppe would be required before someone was able to operate a potentially deadly object or tool.
Many people dont even feel that Mr. Baldwin has any blame in this situation. Responsibility for ones actions is obsolete in clown world. Unless you're a peasant, presents are expected to take responsibility for firearms in their physical posession and legal possession. Someone else's poor choices did that in every case of the elite.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The real question is why is Alec Baldwin so careless with firearms?

And when will he commit suicide because of this?
View Quote

He is a extra unhinged liberal, so...your first question is rhetorical - right?

as to the second one, he is far too vain and self-centered to accept any responsibility for his actions - it was the guns fault.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Obviously, idiots where handling the guns.  Baldwin being one of them.  If the four basic rules are followed, this can't happen.

These are the same idiots always commenting on gun control, and a bunch of other issues.  Why does anyone listen to them??
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#46]
24 year old chick was the Armory Supervisor.

First & Last big production for her!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ah, OK. Thanks. Was wondering why it didn’t blow up in his hand if they simply switched to live ammo! No blank adapter to get in the way with a revolver.
View Quote

When I first heard about this, all that was said was someone died and another person was injured.  Not knowing what happened, I wondered if the gun blew up and shrapnel hit them from an overly hot or defective blank load or a defective firearm.  I never knew they even allowed live ammo on the sets of films/shows.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
24 year old chick was the Armory Supervisor.

First & Last big production for her!
View Quote

Her age and sex have nothing to do with being qualified.  My kids where qualified far younger then her.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#49]
This is what I said to my wife...
“Zero reason to have a live round at all on site”

Or why is the gun even able to fire a live round?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#50]
The Armorer in charge of safety at that point was a woman.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top