Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/25/2022 3:19:36 PM EDT
The Nation magazine correspondent Elie Mystal is doubling down on his claim that the U.S. Constitution is "not good" and "actually trash."

During a Wednesday appearance on a talk show for Salon, Mystal argued that the Constitution was drafted by "a bunch of rich, white politicians making deals with each other," who owned slaves, and didn't allow any non-White people into the room to have their voices heard, leading to his view that the nation's founding document has been "given too much deference."

"Our Constitution is not good. It is a document designed to create a society of enduring white male dominance, hastily edited in the margins to allow for what basic political rights white men could be convinced to share. The Constitution is an imperfect work that urgently and consistently needs to be modified and reimagined to make good on its unrealized promises of justice and equality for all," Mystal wrote in the book.

"And yet you rarely see liberals make the point that the Constitution is actually trash. Conservatives are out here acting like the Constitution was etched by divine flame upon stone tablets, when in reality it was scrawled out over a sweaty summer by people making deals with actual monsters who were trying to protect their rights to rape the humans they held in bondage," he added.

I am all out of white guilt. Maybe I'll have more tomorrow, probably not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that a man or a woman?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The constitution isn't what's trash about this situation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sir - I am not a biologist !
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF is that thing?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Voted for Biden I assume...  Old rich white slave owner
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

All I see is the enemy, and not because of race either.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Big Worm!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
This guy is trash.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Voted for Biden I assume...  Old rich white slave owner
View Quote

I've said it before, but rich old white biden telling black people they weren't really black if they didn't vote for him should have been the end of his career
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
and his race still lives on the plantation (with relatively few escapees).
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
13% of the population in the US have more power than any other minority in another country.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Don King and Donna Brazile have an affair?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#16]
He looks like Whoopi Goldberg's brother, if there was such a thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

no.

if you want to see an actual seditionist, look no further.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck him/her/it.

It's like they specifically don't understand or acknowledge historical context of the times.

The constitution wasn't drafted in current year.it was written in the late 1700s when things like monarchies, slavery, social hierarchy, and patriarchy were normal parts of every global community.

There was no ideas of representative democracy or self determination.

It was revolutionary. It still is.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]
History repeats for a reason.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, fuck that guy.  He lives in a country that gives him the freedom to criticize it to that degree.   Who does he think laid the groundwork for that freedom?

That's right, rapey white land owners.

What's his idea instead of the current Constitution?   Probably something completely untenable.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
The world is literally full of countries that aren't governed by the US Constitution.  Feel free to try any/all of them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#22]
He is just saying what your average Democrat on the floor of the house and Senate will be saying next election cycle.

In a few years after Pelosi is gone AOC will be considered a centrist.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#23]
The basic concepts and simple wording of the Constitution bought their freedom and furthered their civil rights in a world that handicapped them historically so I reject that premise as complete bullshit…

A model based on individual rights over collective rights protects even the smallest minority, the individual. Fuck these brats.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck that commie bastard
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
He should probably relocate to a country founded by blacks then.
He enjoys the privileges that a White-centric, European founded country provides and wants to complain for living among the highest standards our planet is capable of providing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#26]
It is a document designed to create a society of enduring white male dominance, hastily edited in the margins to allow for what basic political rights white men could be convinced to share.
View Quote

....and, TBH, I'm more and more alright with that as the years go on...
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#28]
He,She,It is welcome to try and change it. Almost as if the constitution has a way to change it over time through amendments or something. But that would require thought and effort and most of all finding a LOT of cooks like him/her/it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#29]
If that guy hates our Constitution so much, because its authors didn't let black voices be heard, then he's welcome to move to any one of the many societies built by and for black people.  I'm sure he'll thrive there.

All this guy is doing is identifying racism with things that are good.  He does so at his own peril, and I am out of fucks to give with respect to his entire busted moral framework.  He and his ilk have neutered their own buzzphrases from overuse and abuse, and his attempts to stigmatize sanity hold no power over me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#30]
It is a document designed to create a society of enduring white male dominance, hastily edited in the margins to allow for what basic political rights white men could be convinced to share.
View Quote

This is a feature, not a bug. And he's experiencing all the benefits of such a system. Don't like it? Relocate to Somalia, Liberia, or Nigeria. There's plenty of examples of countries that weren't founded on such principles. But he'd never want to live there. He wants to live here, among all the privilege, and then complain. He should consider himself lucky that his ancestors were ever brought to this continent.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I respect his right to an opinion…… because the Constitution guarantees it.

I do NOT respect him because he has his head up his ass……. a right also guaranteed by the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#32]
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Constitution.

It is my sincere hope that at some point someone in the Federal government will actually READ it and think it's a good idea to follow it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#33]
That fucking guy can blow dick.Idiots like him in no way represent people like me.I’m not a victim and I don’t want or need someone to come save me.This country ain’t perfect but I’ll take this over anyplace on the planet. If he’s so unhappy he should go take his ass to Senegal or Ghana and see how he gets treated over there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Our Constitution is the most perfect founding document in history.

He is the embodiment of liberal echo chambers, incompetence and I suspect incapable of providing any product or service of value except for providing antiAmerican indoctrination.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#35]
" God given Rights " is what they really go deeply berserk over. Anti-Christianity is their not too well hidden cause.
" Far Right Christian Theocracy " as AOC said.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure, but a bitch either way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#37]
When they do away with the rule of law, even more than they already have, they free those that they believe are already oppressing them. I doubt it will work out to folks like his favor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sir - I am not a xeno-biologist / zoologist !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir - I am not a xeno-biologist / zoologist !

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came to post this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#40]
What the fuck is up with his hair? That isn't even a good fro.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice hair, Jabba.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
" God given Rights " is what they really go deeply berserk over. Anti-Christianity is their not too well hidden cause.
" Far Right Christian Theocracy " as AOC said.
View Quote

AOC was selected by a Muslim Brotherhood adherent, Cenk Uygur.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Host of the "Salon Talks" show Dean Obeidallah asked Mystal about his controversial comments, noting that he repeated them during an appearance on ABC's "The View" earlier in March.

"The veneration that this country has for the Constitution is simply weird. It's crazy. It's not what other countries do for their written documents," Mystal said. "We act like this thing was etched in stone by the finger of God, when actually it was hotly contested and debated, scrawled out over a couple of weeks in the summer in Philadelphia in 1787, with a bunch of rich, white politicians making deals with each other."

Mystal argued against the Constitution because the founding fathers were "white slavers, white colonizers and white abolitionists," and no people of color, women, or poor White people were allowed to have a voice or vote on its drafting and ratification.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#44]
One of my main advantages in life is that care not at all what other people think.  Why would anybody care what this particular guy thinks?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Big Worm!
View Quote

Whats up Big Perm, I mean Big Worm?!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#46]

O-Tay
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Otayy!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Its just a piece of paper written by a bunch of privileaged white male slave owners
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#49]
lol.

Traitor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, since the constitution was created by white men to oppress non-white minorities, he should move to a place without any awful things like that icky constitution, or those terrible white people oppressing him. As a matter of fact, I encourage him to do so, we'll just have to get by without his brilliant insight. Really strange that he hasn't moved already, actually.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top