Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/5/2022 8:53:07 AM EDT
I'm bored half way through the second episode. Just in case someone hasn't seen it:
Click To View SpoilerIt's boring. Im browsing arfcom with it playing in the background which is something I never do. Ill stick with it a bit more but I'm kind of surprised at how boring it is after all the hype.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I watched the whole series, bought the hype, waited for it to get good.  We're still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
My ex wife liked it, but I found it boring too. Same with Sons of Anarchy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I was like you the first time I tried watching. Gut it out through the first few episodes and it will take right off. It's worth it in the end.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Similar experience the first time I watched it.  First episode or two didn't really grab me, so I punched out.    Eventually gave it another shot a couple years later and ended up streaming the entire thing over a couple months.

It has its moments.  Gus Fring and Mike are cool.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
If only all entertainment was like Transformer movies.........
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Muh attention span
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I know.   Right?  

How awesome would that be?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The first time I tried to watch it I didn’t make it past the first season and thought, how does everyone think this is so good?

I went back it it after a while, forced myself through the first season, and then got into it later on as it started to get better.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Muh attention span
View Quote
Sorry, I actually prefer a good drama or crime film to action most times. This ain't much of a "thinker". Let's be honest.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was like you the first time I tried watching. Gut it out through the first few episodes and it will take right off. It's worth it in the end.
View Quote
Same.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#11]
You have to gut it through the first few episodes.  They are slow but they are needed to set the stage and background for what follows.  The first time I tried watching it, I stopped after the IRS couple of episodes. Came back a few years later and watched it again and watched the whole thing through.  Great show.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#12]
It is slow at first.. but picked up probably mid way thru the 1st season
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know.   Right?  

How awesome would that be?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#14]
It had it's moments but was mostly a snoozefest.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#15]
There’s a lot of build up/character development. Without that what WW becomes is less remarkable. You kind of expect certain types to become monsters. I agree it’s drug out a little too much though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#16]
There's a concept called "character development". It unfortunately takes time and listening to dialog. This part may be difficult for some.

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I made it through but found it boring and WAY over-hyped.  I mostly just found it a mess and a bunch of drama I didn't care about.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I tried to get into it also. Just couldn't do it.

Same with Ozark. In both series I found myself wishing everyone would get killed because all of them were scumbags.

Maybe I'm not cool enough to enjoy watching human vermin doing vermin shit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#19]
If you're going to browse the internet while it's on in the background you might as well stop now.  Theres not going to be enough explosions to keep you entertained.

This show requires the viewer to pay some attention.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Fat stacks bitches
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't worry OP, it gets worse...
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, it would be boring if everyone liked the same things.  Definitely a character study show.  Everyone had serious flaws.  No one was particularly likeable.  But I imagine it'll go down as one of the all time great series.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I’m slinging mad volume and fatstackin’ benjies
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought the same OP at first. Actually tried watching and gave up on it. Picked it up about season 5 and was amazed. Give it a bit… stick with it. IMO one of the finest pieces Of TV ever created.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Ya OP i agree 100% but i actually stupidly bought the whole series a couple years after it ended, then i started watching it and thought holy shit is this slow, we did make it through all seasons. My wife and i have watched things like Sopranos, Justified, etc multiple times through (watched all seasons of Sopranos around 6 or 7 times over the years). Breaking Bad does nothing for us.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There's a concept called "character development". It unfortunately takes time and listening to dialog. This part may be difficult for some.

View Quote
I love character development. This is mediocre character development at best. They are all pretty obvious so far. I'm hoping for better in the next episodes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#27]
To be honest the show has a few slow episodes but if your just looking for mindless “action” it may not be for you.

It’s more drama than action.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I think you’re watching the best season.

The original premise of the show was a great story. But it jumped the shark very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#29]
When it came out in the mid 2000's in was groundbreaking.  TV changed a lot since then.  It's still a solid series
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I never got into it and absolutely hated every single character.  

I know I missed out on some fine drama. Maybe someday I will try again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's boring. Im browsing arfcom with it playing in the background which is something I never do. Ill stick with it a bit more but I'm kind of surprised at how boring it is after all the hype.
View Quote

Fair warning: Don't waste your time watching Weeds.  It is far, far worse than Breaking Bad.  I started watching it, and each season is worse than the prior.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My ex wife liked it, but I found it boring too. Same with Sons of Anarchy.
View Quote

Breaking Bad took me a about a season and a half to get into.  It was pretty good, I thought.

Sons of Anarchy was hot fucking garbage.  Gayer than cum on a mustache.

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Is extremely slow paced the first 4 seasons.
The 5th moves along much better.
The key is to fast forward past all the BS with Skylar and her sister.

I've always said if i had to wait for next episode I'd have never made it past the first or second, they weren't worth waiting for.

Better call saul is much better series but the wait from season to season has been ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Breaking Bad is more like a book than a TV show. Everything in it escalates to the finish.

If you want the constant drama type show, try Yellowstone.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Better call saul is much better series but the wait from season to season has been ridiculous.
View Quote

Better Call Saul rocks!  But it was even slower starting than BB.  If I wasn't stubbornly determined to hold out, there's no way I would have made it through the first season.

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I watched it start to finish. Now I just watch preferred you tube short scenes.

It's all good man. Saul was my favorite, along with Mike. Jessie was the bitch he always threw at someone else.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Double. Freaking mouse is dying.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've always said if i had to wait for next episode I'd have never made it past the first or second, they weren't worth waiting for.

View Quote

Usually the greatest show ever made doesn't take 4 fucking seasons to "BUILD CHARACTER"

If you can't keep my interest thru pilot show, I ain't gonna waste time watching another boring episode.

Watched Game of Thrones and loved it from the first show. Glad everybody died.......................Jst might watch it again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought the same thing and stopped watching it.  When a friend told me he was watching the series for the third time, I gave it another go.

It seem to start slow, but you will be amazed at how fast it is when you get into it.

Same way with Yellowstone.  When I first watched, I couldn't find season one anywhere.  S2E1 seemed slow and I wouldn't watch.  S1E1 and the Ruger Blackhawk hooked me instantly.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Give it a few ep's.  I almost stopped early on, it get good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Better Call Saul rocks!  But it was even slower starting than BB.  If I wasn't stubbornly determined to hold out, there's no way I would have made it through the first season.

View Quote

The Chuck storyline was ridiculously boring.

I think one of the writers got drunk or high and said "hey, it would be cool if we had an actual tinfoil hat guy, right?" and they rolled with it.

I think if a guy were to try to watch BCS before ever seeing BB, he'd probably get pretty damn bored after 20 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I gave up halfway through season 1, until a year or two later everyone was raving about what a great show it was. Stick with it, it builds.

The family drama aspect is really slow but it's totally necessary you'll see in the end.

The final seasons just keep getting more intense.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

BCS Season 5 hit netflix April,4th.

Season 6 is coming out later this month.

Finally
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought it was pretty overrated too. Didn't like any of the characters, didn't care what happened to them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#46]
You aren't even paying enough attention to know what a characters name is.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Spoiler alert:

It is anything but boring. It starts off slow because Walter White is an average man being an average teacher. Heisenberg is another animal altogether. His naive adventure accelerates his learning curve and he ends up maneuvering his way to the top.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Plot development ….

Shows like Justified are blessed with having a sympathetic and attractive character in the lead.  Bryan Cranston is not exactly that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I watched it a few years ago. Thankfully someone told me many years ago that the first season is pretty lame, but the follow on seasons are much better.

I thought it was a great series. Glad someone told me to stick out season 1.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#50]
It starts slow, has some slow episodes but the overall show is legendary.

The entire point is to make you think. If you want to just watch shit blow up Seal team is on Paramount.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top