Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/14/2022 1:30:46 PM EDT
It feels like we're in the eye of the storm right now and this will be our last chance to prepare before shit really gets bad.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to Publix today and they were out of Cool Ranch Doritos. I had to get the original flavor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I know things look bad right now....
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll be fine.

Planning a few vacations myself.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It feels like we're in the eye of the storm right now and this will be our last chance to prepare before shit really gets bad.
View Quote

We don’t even have any riots right now.

We need another good nationwide riot. Covid and Ukraine are just getting boring.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The dems are not in a good light right now, are running out of talking points and taking a stand on being able to sexually indoctrinate children, they are beating war drums, being caught in lies left and right, and in general have never been this reviled (that I can recall).  It's an election year and they don't have a lot to lose.

They are cornered in a sense, and cornered animals are the most dangerous.   Anything can happen.  I put nothing past them, including another wave of of illness to try and cover another wave of cheating.

I think this is going to be a long, hot summer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Psst

2022 is pronounced "2020, too"

Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It's going to get MUCH worse, an Az summer is right around the corner!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I know shit's bad right now with all that starvin' bullshit. And the dust storms. And we runnin' out of French Fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Things we know for sure…

Food prices will continue to climb drastically
Inflation will continue to rise
Fuel is unlikely to go down a large amount

Things we don’t know…

All out war
Our economy completely crashing for any number of reasons
Reactions of the American public when things get worse

I am about to buy tickets to Scotland in a few months because screw it, you can’t live your life in fear. However, I am only comfortable in doing this as I am ready for hard times.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If you've got money set aside you'll be fine. If you have high debt and live paycheck to paycheck it'll suck
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL

Buckle up.

And look farther down the road than this summer...
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Could get pretty bad actually

All it takes is Russia to decide us supplying the Ukrainians with advanced weapons constitutes a act of war
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to Publix today and they were out of Cool Ranch Doritos. I had to get the original flavor.
View Quote

They did you a favor.... original>Cool Ranch
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t know but it seems about 75% of stuff in my life went to shit while I was on vacation last year so I’m really hoping when I go on vacation in a month and a half it resets what the fuck ever cosmic switch I tripped.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]
If hotdogs go up in price for July 4th weekend........we riot!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don’t know but it seems about 75% of stuff in my life went to shit while I was on vacation last year so I’m really hoping when I go on vacation in a month and a half it resets what the fuck ever cosmic switch I tripped.
View Quote

Sounds like you'll just be doubling down
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I would predict Dems try to tamp down the crazy.
It won't benefit them in the mid-terms to have a bunch of riots this year.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know shit's bad right now with all that starvin' bullshit. And the dust storms. And we runnin' out of French Fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.
View Quote

Canned chili with beans will sustain us
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Lets just say that im buying more tops for more pmags.

And hedging inflation by stocking up on as much dry food as i can store.

Im also stocking up on alternative heating sources for next winter. Lots of heater buddy and kerosene stuffe. Lots of candles.

I also moved most of my equities to either mining or commodies
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sounds like you'll just be doubling down
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Psst

2022 is pronounced "2020, too"

Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good luck man, hopefully things get better!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Bad…very bad…so bad
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Unless you're already on the cusp of poverty, it'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Time to bring back the Misery Index.
A Reagan classic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought $80 worth of groceries for $105. It cost $20 more to fill up a tank of gas. I went looking for Easter specials on Glock mags, and found they went up everywhere. My 401K has been having a stroke for the past four months with no signs that it's going to recover.

Contrary to the Pollyanna bullshit, things are not good, and there's no indication they will be.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Bad? I just built a coop and filled it with chickens. Bought a ton of stuff to plant in a garden I haven't got to plant in years. This rat race just might end and we can finally go back to living like we did as kids. Care free.
Something came to me a while back one night on arfcom pissed off at all the new gov bullshit being talked about. Freedom is mine. Nothing is preventing me from doing what I want but me. As a kid I rebeled against any and all authority as soon as I could see I was being lied to. Somewhere I lost that rebel spirit. Got stuck in the trap. I am choosing to live free again. If someone wants to take that from me it's worth defending. The "freedom" we have now isn't. If the day comes, I will die with memories worth having because I have enough regrets. Live like a free man. You will soon find happiness, and with it something worth defending. I promise it gets better as soon as you stop worrying. There is light at the end of the tunnel so just keep walking. Don't worry about the whistle, it's been blowing the whole time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#29]
in before "lol"
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Ingles has not had Willy's medium salsa for a couple of weeks. It can't get much worse.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We'll be fine.

Planning a few vacations myself.
View Quote

Same.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and enjoy breathing air in the mean time
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Love God
Have extra food and supplies
Have guns and ammo

Live your life as normal as possible
Deal with as it comes. Don’t let it beat you or take away precious time in your life. Like the above poster said he is planning a few vacations. Me too.

Live your life!

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Inflation will continue.
The economy will slowly stagnate.
A whole host of countries will endure famine.
Globalization will end.
Capital will dry up.
Housing prices will drop.
Buy the dip.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Im going to look at some bikes this weekend.. Fuck inflation, fuck biden.. Imma do me
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ingles has not had Willy's medium salsa for a couple of weeks. It can't get much worse.
View Quote

A lot of items, including common produce, deli, and dairy items, have been either out-of-stock or there's limited stock on hand. It's been this way for months.

This shit's not normal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you've got money goods and things to trade set aside you'll be fine. If you have high debt and live paycheck to paycheck it'll suck
View Quote

Fixed it for you. Debt won't mean shit if things really go awry, nor will paper money.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#38]
In my experience, for the last 54 years, life goes up and down, I expect the same until the end. I bet it won’t be anywhere near the big deal that GD thinks it will be. COVID didn’t end the world, high prices won’t end the world, a fight with the dipshit Russians won’t end it either.
Don’t worry, be happy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#39]
My whole year is booked, so unless they decide to not do those projects (a few are government funded) the rest of the year should be about like it has been so far.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're a dick!

South Carolina , represent !!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Who knows
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A lot of items, including common produce, deli, and dairy items, have been either out-of-stock or there's limited stock on hand. It's been this way for months.

This shit's not normal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shit's not normal.

Lots of people keep saying this, but it must be a regional thing. I've seen no shortages or slow downs at the store in town or any of the other ones, at least when it comes to food on the shelves.

I'm guessing any shortages in certain areas are still more of an issue with transportation than wholesale availability.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#43]
This topic gets posted every single spring.

You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Lots of people keep saying this, but it must be a regional thing. I've seen no shortages or slow downs at the store in town or any of the other ones, at least when it comes to food on the shelves.

I'm guessing any shortages in certain areas are still more of an issue with transportation than wholesale availability.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shit's not normal.

Same.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#46]
It's going to be a shit show.  The liberals have no fight anymore, so they are going to spin out on the next "big thing".  BLM is going out of business, and their current usfulness is gone.  So there are a bunch of unguided chaos mongers out there.  The hood is uneasy.

All that being said, I'm hoping my Cobalt R6 gets here before July so I can enjoy the new boat this summer.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Likely:

not as bad as the dudes who KNEW there was going to be floyd riots part 2 after the rittenhouse verdict, worst case scenario is always the only thing that can happen, etc.  

not as good as the people who post lol, everything is great, lol inflation?, etc.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Must be tough living in a food desert.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#49]
gOoD vs eViL
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I plan on picking up a raptor or ltz-400 in the fall when dumbshits need to feed their family.

Oh and a beater sled next spring.  The markets are crazy but I wonder how long it will last before people pull the ripcord

Sxs and the loans on them should be interesting to see how they play out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top