Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/13/2022 3:33:17 PM EDT
What a load of crap.

Nothing of any real value, just a bunch of their china crap for sale cheap (which is still over priced.)

Come on man!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Somehow they reel in the fools.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What a load of crap.

Nothing of any real value, just a bunch of their china crap for sale cheap (which is still over priced.)

Come on man!
View Quote

Beat like a redheaded step child who burnt a grilled cheese dinner!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Amazon is wish.com with a sprinkle of western made products.

I just want a universal 10% coupon like optics planet
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Still trying to pick up a 10,000 pack of bendy straws and a 50 pack of irregular fit underwear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Agreed.  Most of it seems to be crap they are trying to get out of their warehouses.  Another fail for Amazon.  Not that prior years were any different.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The only benefit to Prime Day is that if you have an Amazon card, you get more cash back for the purchase. I got 15% back on a pair of Grado headphones (made in USA)
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Wife got a $100 bread machine for $35. It was a open box warehouse deal that was $46 but prime day knocked it to $35. It’s the exact model she currently has and likes but has wanted another.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I wanted another robot vacuum for our finished basement.  Picked one up yesterday at a good price.  The glory days are gone but there are some decent bargains.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I just wanted a nice deal on some thermal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I loaded up on Orgain Protein powder cheaper than I can get it from Costco...all I bought.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only benefit to Prime Day is that if you have an Amazon card, you get more cash back for the purchase. I got 15% back on a pair of Grado headphones (made in USA)
View Quote

Limits on that deal? Like only up to $50 or some shit?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Still trying to pick up a 10,000 pack of bendy straws and a 50 pack of irregular fit underwear.
View Quote

This is an excellent thesis statement for a new copypasta.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just wanted a nice deal on some thermal.
View Quote

And a fresh stimmy to fund it with.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes!!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Wife and I have been wanting to get an air purifier for the house for a while now.  Thanks to a members personal recommendation, I was able to pick one up.  Idk how much I "saved" but it saved us about $50.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I wanted a Fleshlight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can pay for your own damned thermal if you want one. I'm also not going to pay for your meds and medical bills either.

The free money shit isn't free.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Amazon as a whole fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Limits on that deal? Like only up to $50 or some shit?
View Quote

Good question. I'm not sure if there's a max limit. I waited for PD knowing they offer incentives for card holders. When we went to checkout it showed -15% whereas we usually get -5% back. 10% on a $250 item was enough to pull the trigger.

(These headphones are awesome BTW) My old CCP headphones can FOAD. They're probably giving me cancer
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I got some cheap jammies for my kid which is great because he’ll be out of them in a few weeks. Also got some cheap Mechanix gloves, a shop apron and some cheap weightlifting sandbags for the gym.

There are a few high-end 3D printers on sale for awesome prices. Elegoo Saturns specifically. But if you’re against Chinese products, they’re a no-go.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You can pay for your own damned thermal if you want one. I'm also not going to pay for your meds and medical bills either.

View Quote

Oh yes you are. I self identify as Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I got a few things I needed anyway - at 40-50% off.  Seemed decent.

Credit to Amazon - they show list price, normal Amazon price, and prime day price.

Everything I bought was that much of a discount off the normal Amazon price.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What a load of crap.

Come on man!
View Quote

Nothing’s a deal if you don’t need it. And most people don’t need more crap…

I did see some entry level NV:

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Was it the first one that everyone was hyped for and then it turned into them literally trying to sell people shit that they were about to throw away in quantities that were absolutely insane?

I know that Prime Day has always sucked, but they try and hide it now with dumb shit like raising the price 2 weeks ago and now the prime day 'deal' is the old price. But I recall one being a laughable shitshow where they weren't even trying to hide it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I got a few things I've been in the market for. Even something that was American made.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Was it the first one that everyone was hyped for and then it turned into them literally trying to sell people shit that they were about to throw away in quantities that were absolutely insane?

I know that Prime Day has always sucked, but they try and hide it now with dumb shit like raising the price 2 weeks ago and now the prime day 'deal' is the old price. But I recall one being a laughable shitshow where they weren't even trying to hide it.
View Quote

I feel like that was the second or third one that was just them trying to dump a bunch of Chinese plastic kitchen trinkets
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#30]
What do you mean?  Zmoogliboogieboo brand allen wrenches were 74% off today only!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm pretty happy, I bought a ring doorbell for 50.00 and one of those $35.00 echo displays so I can watch the front door from my office. I get tired of the kids ringing the doorbell while I'm working and now I can see who it is and reply without heading downstairs.

Also upgraded my eero mesh wireless to the new eero Pro 6E version so I'll get full bandwidth with the fiber that's being installed right now. It was only 185.00 for the 6E mesh routers which is a freaking steal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#32]
As an ecommerce Manager who has sold for many manufacturers:
1. I will say that some who never do sales on Amazon, may do it for this day.
2. Know your prices. Look at camelcamelcamel for normal price. As some do some jedi trickery to get you to pay for normal price.
3. To do these deals as a business you have to advertise 20% off normal price. So you may find some decent deals. But as mentioned beware of #2.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#33]
i feel like i good deal on

DEWALT 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit, Variable Speed (DCS356D1)

On a lightning deal for 119.00

that today is $199.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SOU6LR4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What a load of crap.

Come on man!
View Quote

I got a TV.  Wasn't a huge deal.  Wasn't horrible.  $199 delivered for a 43" 4K smart TV was acceptable.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Agreed
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Have Jeff call me

I was promised next day delivery (today)! Now it says tomorrow!

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wanted another robot vacuum for our finished basement.  Picked one up yesterday at a good price.  The glory days are gone but there are some decent bargains.
View Quote

Agree, times two.  

I haven't bought anything on a prime day in years and didn't expect to this time either, but 50% off the i7+ did it for me.  I've always thought robot vacuums were a bit hokey, but they've gotten advanced enough that I'm willing to give it a shot, to keep things clean in between bi-weekly deeper cleanings.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Amazon is wish.com with a sprinkle of western made products.

I just want a universal 10% coupon like optics planet
View Quote

IMHO you're trading shipping time vs. price on alibaba.com
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wife got a $100 bread machine for $35. It was a open box warehouse deal that was $46 but prime day knocked it to $35. It’s the exact model she currently has and likes but has wanted another.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#40]
It's almost like they're in it for the profit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I needed a branch lopper ... found what I wanted on Amazon, and was surprised that it was 20% off as a Prime Day offer - Fiskars, not Chinese crap.
I wasn't expecting that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought a window AC unit.   Saved 40 bucks over what I had been pricing them for a couple of weeks ago.

No reason to rush out and buy stuff but 40 bucks is 40 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#43]

So, are you trying to tell me this was not worth $500+?

Heh. It has 9 gears, not 7, not 8, but 9.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What a load of crap.

Come on man!
View Quote

No kidding... I am uncertain if 'Commie Joe' could have screwed it worse than Amazon has.

A real life Cluster F**K!

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agree, times two.  

I haven't bought anything on a prime day in years and didn't expect to this time either, but 50% off the i7+ did it for me.  I've always thought robot vacuums were a bit hokey, but they've gotten advanced enough that I'm willing to give it a shot, to keep things clean in between bi-weekly deeper cleanings.
View Quote

I bought that model for my parents house.  Twice a week is plenty even with two 65 pound dogs that shed.   The rollers are really good at picking up dog hair.   So if you have any carpets that haven't been cleaned and you have pets, you might want to perform maintenance after each clean the first few runs through the house.

Maintenance is super simple.   Get spare aftermarket filters and bags.   You can blow the filter out a few times with compressed air to re-use it but I don't push it more than a few times.   The bags aren't worth the hassle of trying to empty and re-use especially if there's a bunch of clumped up dog hair in there.

Aftermarket bags/filters are cheap.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Some Sandisk memory cards and a few lens filters are all I bought. I was on the fence about the cards because I have read there are fake Sandisk cards out there but the ones I bought were from the Sandisk store so hopefully they are legit. The prices on cards varies wildly, I saw $50-60 difference on the same item.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#47]
90% of Amazon is private labeled Alibaba crap.  I'm not sure why anyone expects prime day to be anything but mostly sales on private labeled Alibaba crap.

There are a few things worth buying (non-alibaba crap), but for the most part its just typical Amazon as usual... just on sale.

It's not really up to Amazon, the vendors who sell on Amazon are the ones that have to choose to discount their stuff for prime day.  Most of those vendors are nothing but crap peddlers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wanted a Fleshlight.
View Quote

I’ve got one I found in a rent house after the cops picked up the previous tenant and they (the persons pronoun) didn’t come back for it.
Be glad to pick it up with a pair of tongs and drop it in a flat rate box for you.

May need some cleanup.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Five items I was going to purchase anyway ended up being on sale yesterday. I did pretty well.

Today I don't see anything I need on sale, and the 25% off Amazon Warehouse special appears to have vanished.

I really liked that 25% deal, too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’ve got one I found in a rent house after the cops picked up the previous tenant and they (the persons pronoun) didn’t come back for it.
Be glad to pick it up with a pair of tongs and drop it in a flat rate box for you.

May need some cleanup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted a Fleshlight.

May need some cleanup.

Hey, I was told I had 30 days to pick up my shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top