Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 10/14/2022 6:22:24 AM EDT
https://bulgarianmilitary.com/2022/10/13/800-soviet-t-62-tanks-from-the-60s-enter-uralvagonzavod-for-repair/

Looks like the Ruskies are seeing the impact of loosing so much equipment in Ukraine
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
In another 6 months when those run out they be reactivating T34's and IS2's
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
they have been using the T-62 for over a month now in Ukraine in large numbers and have lost a ton of them already.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It's honestly surprising they didn't just go for the t55's.   If they're gonna be disposable they will do the job.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they have been using the T-62 for over a month now in Ukraine in large numbers and have lost a ton of them already.
View Quote
Wouldn't that constitute less than one tank....you should have said..."shit ton". Then it would be like...a bunch or something.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Somewhere in the big thread is a claim that 15% of recent tank kills are T-62
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wouldn't that constitute less than one tank....you should have said..."shit ton". Then it would be like...a bunch or something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that depends if it's a metric or imperial shit ton.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn. Wonder if an AT-4 will penetrate a T-62?

The only AT-4 training I ever had was in basic, they said to aim for a track on a tank. But a T-62 is old enough, maybe you could punch through?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Russia is gonna be in a world of hurt if China decides to make a move to reclaim what they think is theirs in the East.

Kind of fortuitous that Chinese-owned politicians in the West have backed Ukraine and bled out Russia, materially.

TC
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#9]
In WW2, the Soviets we're losing equipment and men at huge rates.  The US kept them from falling apart by supplying them with enormous amounts of equipment and basic supplies.

In Ukraine, the US is not supplying the Russians. The US is supplying the Ukraine.

I don't know why the Russians think they can fight much smaller nations right next to them without US help.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's honestly surprising they didn't just go for the t55's.   If they're gonna be disposable they will do the job.
View Quote

They can use that enigma package that the Iraqis used for extra armor………still probably get opened like a tin can by a javelin but they will look cool doing it
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was taught by an Air Force pilot, on either end it’s a metric shit ton or an RCH, those are the extreme measures on each end.

Recent picture of UVZ’s factory floor.  Even getting the SU-122’s ready for use.  This stuff is nuts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was taught by an Air Force pilot, on either end it’s a metric shit ton or an RCH, those are the extreme measures on each end.

Recent picture of UVZ’s factory floor.  Even getting the SU-122’s ready for use.  This stuff is nuts.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1AF99C3F-37A9-46EC-B9B0-9ADF1A470724_jpe-2562381.JPG
View Quote

Pretty sure that is a WWII Vintage Soviet SU-100 instead of a SU-122.

SU-100 has the long direct fire gun, Vs. shorter howitzer of the SU-122

Maybe Putin ordered them to get it ready for the Russian "Victory Parade" down the center of Kiev ...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
And to think our government convinced us for decades that the Soviets were such a threat and we bought it all.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe Putin ordered them to get it ready for the Russian "Victory Parade" down the center of Kiev ...

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1AF99C3F-37A9-46EC-B9B0-9ADF1A470724_jpe-2562381.JPG

Bigger_Hammer

Yep. That’s an SU-100…….. 122 has the big brake on the end of the barrel……. It’s going to be funny seeing those roll into combat, only to get can-opened by an AT weapon…… what’s next, T-34s and JS-2s? There’s a reason the Russkies don’t throw stuff away
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Genius move, when you think about it. Send the domestic political enemies in the old equipment to use up all of Ukraines advanced ATGMs, then follow up with the A-team in the good tanks. Kiev is toast.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Genius move, when you think about it. Send the domestic political enemies in the old equipment to use up all of Ukraines advanced ATGMs, then follow up with the A-team in the good tanks. Kiev is toast.

View Quote

I think the A Team has been pretty much depleted at this point……
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep. That’s an SU-100…….. 122 has the big brake on the end of the barrel……. It’s going to be funny seeing those roll into combat, only to get can-opened by an AT weapon…… what’s next, T-34s and JS-2s? There’s a reason the Russkies don’t throw stuff away
View Quote

The Leftists in the West should be LOVING the Russian.  

Apparently the Russians have the best recycling program on earth.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

My bad, I should have known that!

Some say the US is going to fight to the last Ukrainian. I think that’s inaccurate and mean-spirited.  I think the truth is, the USSR Russia is going to fight to the last T-34.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The only AT-4 training I ever had was in basic, they said to aim for a track on a tank. But a T-62 is old enough, maybe you could punch through?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The T-62 only has 242mm of armor on its front turret facing.

The HEAT warhead on an AT-4 will penetrate 450mm.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Into the meat grinder.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Some say the US is going to fight to the last Ukrainian. I think that’s inaccurate and mean-spirited.  I think the truth is, the USSR Russia is going to fight to the last T-34.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

They have warehouses full of them, as well as artillery and other leftovers…….. the scrap metal business should be good for a few years
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The T-62s in question are the M model and MV model which use appliqué armor (450mm RHAe) and ERA respectively on the glacis and turret cheeks specifically to stop things like the AT-4.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In WW2, the Soviets we're losing equipment and men at huge rates.  The US kept them from falling apart by supplying them with enormous amounts of equipment and basic supplies.

In Ukraine, the US is not supplying the Russians. The US is supplying the Ukraine.

I don't know why the Russians think they can fight much smaller nations right next to them without US help.
View Quote

Because by the end of the war the Russians were doing quite well with production. They (mostly women/children) literally moved manufacturing facilities across the country.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ego.

They’re also getting supplies from other nations nations. We’re basically watching a proxy WWIII at this point minus the nukes
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#26]
And so it turned that Russia, like Iraq, really wasnt much of a threat to the world after all......
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#27]
They’ve been using T62s for over a month in theatre.

Ukraine has pics and videos of capturing tons of them. I assume abandoned due to reliability issues on the front.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ego.

They’re also getting supplies from other nations nations. We’re basically watching a proxy WWIII at this point minus the nukes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ego.

Korea was a worse proxy war. NATO/US troops dying en mass while (hush hush) actually fighting Russian and Chinese troops head to head. The Soviet Union and China basically provided 100% of the NORKS military equipment in that war as well as Soviet and Chinese pilots, officers/commanders, and basic troops on the ground. Both the US and USSR were nuclear capable at that time.

Can’t really call it “ww3” if the only Americans or western troops dying are private combat adventurers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And to think our government convinced us for decades that the Soviets were such a threat and we bought it all.
View Quote

They were.

They haven’t advanced their logistics or human war fighters since the fall of the USSR.

Their technically advanced arms are often paper tigers. They are junk, don’t have the skills to employ them or don’t have numbers to affect the battlefield.

They also weren’t ever prepared to invade UKR but only to drive in.

This reflects on incompetent leadership from the top down. Putin surrounded himself with yes men instead of honest generals.

Oh well.

Putin needs to be dead to end this thing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The at4 will penetrate any part of the t62 from nearly any angle.

The Nam era M72 can penetrate the side and front, but would have a hard time on the turret.

The t62 is marginally better than a is2 or a tiger. Compared to an m1 Abraham's the armor is about 15% as effective.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those hulls in the background appear to be T-34s.....
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Tamiya models sells a ton of T-62's.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are…..might see some T-34s upgunned on the battlefield soon……be funny if the Ukrainians had a Panther they took out of storage somewhere and engaged them with it
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The T-62s in question are the M model and MV model which use appliqué armor (450mm RHAe) and ERA respectively on the glacis and turret cheeks specifically to stop things like the AT-4.
View Quote

On some.

Some that have been seen are basic t62s witbout armor upgrades.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia will run out of tanks before the west stops sending ATGMs
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ego.

View Quote

Iran and North Korea.

No other major level of material is around.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

"The Soviets" were the larger USSR plus the Warsaw Pact. You can check a map to confirm, but that's a heck of a lot more people and countries.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

If this is actually a picture of vehicles being prepared for combat and not restored for a museum or parade I can’t imagine what the troops who get them will be thinking
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol,,"Metric shit ton" . There.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"The Soviets" were the larger USSR plus the Warsaw Pact. You can check a map to confirm, but that's a heck of a lot more people and countries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And? 1985 NATO would've whooped their asses .

The ONLY issue would've been keeping people supplied w enough ammo . Russian equipment has been shown to be total crap .
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was taught by an Air Force pilot, on either end it's a metric shit ton or an RCH, those are the extreme measures on each end.

Recent picture of UVZ's factory floor.  Even getting the SU-122's ready for use.  This stuff is nuts.

Bigger_Hammer

Yup, that's an SU-100. And, if I'm not mistaken, those are T-34 hulls on the right side of the picture.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That can't be an SU-122  Only one left in existence and it's in a museum.  That looks different
Su-85 maybe?

Edited: nvm SU-100
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe somewhere sitting in Russia there's a warehouse full of BT-2s...

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If this is actually a picture of vehicles being prepared for combat and not restored for a museum or parade I can’t imagine what the troops who get them will be thinking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably something along the lines of

“I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.”
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The ONLY issue would've been keeping people supplied w enough ammo . Russian equipment has been shown to be total crap .
View Quote

The technological gap was much narrower in 1985. The Soldiers serving at that time were probably the best the army has ever fielded though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Lost in this is the question of whether tanks in general are obsolete now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If this is actually a picture of vehicles being prepared for combat and not restored for a museum or parade I can't imagine what the troops who get them will be thinking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was taught by an Air Force pilot, on either end it's a metric shit ton or an RCH, those are the extreme measures on each end.

Recent picture of UVZ's factory floor.  Even getting the SU-122's ready for use.  This stuff is nuts.

If this is actually a picture of vehicles being prepared for combat and not restored for a museum or parade I can't imagine what the troops who get them will be thinking
Blyat!

m
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#48]
LMFAO!!!!
Whats next ? . . . Panzershrecks and Maxims ?

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy craptastic, SU-100’s and T-34’s.
Christ, WWII level tech going against 21st century tech, hopefully these guys are doing restorations and sales to offset the cost of their costs of doing business in the Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Were you part of 1985 NATO? I was. M1s and Bradleys were just starting to be deployed. The vast majority of NATO would have been M60 (and equivalent) and the 11 series would be in 113s and varients. Warsaw Pact was not a paper tiger and NATO was not as advanced as it is today.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top