Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2022 1:49:29 PM EDT
Now that the twice a year machine gun shoot, and gun show is done at knob creek does anyone have any idea if it will take place anywhere else. I would think that the shooters and collectors would be looking to go somewhere
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Now that the twice a year machine gun shoot, and gun show is done at knob creek does anyone have any idea if it will take place anywhere else. I would think that the shooters and collectors would be looking to go somewhere
View Quote

BIG SANDY
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a gun show in Louisville that corresponded with what would have been the Fall Knob Creek.  A number of Knob Creek vendors went to that show but I understand the turnout was not great, so that idea may have fizzled.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been to Shooters Gauntlet a few times. It seems to be growing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This MG shoot is located in NE Pa. Happens 2x year in June and Sept.
https://www.shootersgauntlet.com/2022-mg-shoot
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There was recently a machine gun shoot in SC . He wants to fill some of the gap.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was a gun show in Louisville that corresponded with what would have been the Fall Knob Creek.  A number of Knob Creek vendors went to that show but I understand the turnout was not great, so that idea may have fizzled.
View Quote

National Gun Day? Iirc that was in Feb but I could be wrong.

Used to be a great show when it was combined with Militaria show. I've heard it's really shrunk in recent years.

Just like the Indy 1500 show. A shadow of what it was.

No more surplus ammo. No more good import guns. No more surplus C&R guns.

The gov has ruined it, by design.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
There's one in  Wyandotte Oklahoma.  Looks like it will be in September of 2023.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I've hear rumor that Knob Creek will start up again in the future.  I truly hope it does.  I miss going.

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There was recently a machine gun shoot in SC . He wants to fill some of the gap.
View Quote

Yeah at Sawmill TTC in Laurens, SC.  They have a really nice facility.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Big Sandy MG Shoot is where it's at.

INSANE Dillon Aero QUAD Minigun Night Shoot 12,000 Rounds Per Min

WW2 Ball Turret with Twin .50 Cals at the Big Sandy Shoot

A Guided Tour of the Big Guns at the Big Sandy Shoot
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've hear rumor that Knob Creek will start up again in the future.  I truly hope it does.  I miss going.

View Quote

Why did they quit?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's one in  Wyandotte Oklahoma.  Looks like it will be in September of 2023.
View Quote

That’s OFASTS.  The main one is actually in late June every year.  They’re starting to try to do a second one in the fall but I don’t know how heavily that one will be attended
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt it. Their transport vehicles are sitting in the field with "For Sale" signs.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last time I was there I asked and they said NFW.  Not saying that couldn't have changed but I heard if from the horses mouth a few month ago.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Used to be a great show when it was combined with Militaria show. I've heard it's really shrunk in recent years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also it'll cost you almost $40 just to get in the door at any of the Louisville shows held on the Fair Grounds.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's about to grow a little more.  I want to go there in 2023 with my nephew!!!  Big Sandy would be cool but it's in AZ, SG is in northern PA, drivable for me and there are facilities at ridiculous prices.

Are there vendors at the shoot?  I used to find so much cool stuff at Knob Creek!  Including a strip club that gave the most awesomest lap dance EVA!
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why did they quit?
View Quote

got to be to big and to expensive between insurance and all the time it took to get ready each time.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I really wish we would get a big one going on the west coast or maybe a couple states over.

Mustang Range in Nevada usually has some sort of MG shoot. Albany OR used to and it was pretty good. I'd happily drive 2-3 states over for a shoot and show. East coast is just too far and there is no way in hell I'm flying.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#21]
To the best of my knowledge there really isn't a comparable shoot to the Knob Creek Shoot as none of the bigger machinegun shoots have a comparable vendor area and the largest NFA gunshow (SAR West) doesn't have a comparable shoot.

The biggest machinegun shoot in the Country in terms of participants and the selection of machineguns and DD on the line is in Wikieup AZ.  (aka Big Sandy) followed probably by OFAST in Wyandotte OK.

Big Sandy doesn't really have a comparable vendor area to Knob Creek and historically neither does OFAST. Although I heard OFAST was building some large pole barn vendor area and is also going to a twice a year schedule.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I really hope some one takes the fun show portion of knob creek soon.   I always found awesome stuff and great deals every time i went.   So many times i had some random hard to find things on my list and usually found then there.   I hope someone gets that part going.   I don't really care about the shooting part of it.   I never fit in that line and always shot at small mg shoots.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Just ask the ATF where they’re going next year… I hear they like setting up vendor tables staffed with undercover agents and CIs.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why did they quit?
View Quote

The handful of people who weren't feds or informants got tired of going
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's about to grow a little more.  I want to go there in 2023 with my nephew!!!  Big Sandy would be cool but it's in AZ, SG is in northern PA, drivable for me and there are facilities at ridiculous prices.

Are there vendors at the shoot?  I used to find so much cool stuff at Knob Creek!  Including a strip club that gave the most awesomest lap dance EVA!
https://media.tenor.com/NN89l8Ln8iIAAAAC/randy-marsh-south-park.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/NN89l8Ln8iIAAAAC/randy-marsh-south-park.gif

There are vendors set-up at Shooters Gauntlet but not like at Knob Creek (yet) Again, its a growing show. Last time I saw Dennis Todd, SARCO, Tony’s Custom Uppers and a few others selling stuff. Lots of MG rentals set-up

They always have at least one position where you can shoot your own gun.

Of course the mini-guns and quad 50s draw a lot of attention.

Besides, I like the vibe

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

got to be to big and to expensive between insurance and all the time it took to get ready each time.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#27]
MG shoots are boring. cool to see some guns if you dont get to see certain ones.
i had my fill of standing on the firing line spraying dirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top