the fuck is dirty soda?
View Quote

Filtered through magic undies.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh look...

Another siren song topic to lure the GD (Removed, CoC-1~guns762)
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the fuck is dirty soda?

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
This is a truly Mormon phenomenon and will not do well outside of the Mordor (Mormon corridor, Idaho to Arizona).

Mormons won’t drink coffee but will down gallons of sugary caffeinated soda before lunch. That’s a recipe for obesity and diabetes.

The rest of the world drinks coffee. Coffee is infinitely healthier than these sugar and corn syrup concoctions. I see nationwide failure (apart from limited success in vacation areas).
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh look...

Another siren song topic to lure the GD (Removed-guns762)
View Quote

Interesting use of a racial slur.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is a truly Mormon phenomenon and will not do well outside of the Mordor (Mormon corridor, Idaho to Arizona).

Mormons won't drink coffee but will down gallons of sugary caffeinated soda before lunch. That's a recipe for obesity and diabetes.

The rest of the world drinks coffee. Coffee is infinitely healthier than these sugar and corn syrup concoctions. I see nationwide failure (apart from limited success in vacation areas).
View Quote
Wow, thats a rant.  I don't drink coffee, I am not mormon, I am not obese, but I also don't drink gallons of sugary caffeinated soda either.

Milk is pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mormons won’t drink coffee but will down gallons of sugary caffeinated soda before lunch. That’s a recipe for obesity and diabetes.

View Quote

And yet Utah is more towards the less fat states.  

I do agree though…I don’t think this concept will do well in most places.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I am not a soda drinker so I would probably hate it. My hubby, on the other hand, would love it.

I'm a GRITS. Hubby was born in NY. He would tell me about his grandma making him egg creams and he loved them. I had never heard of such a thing and I . I later found out it didn't actually have eggs in it, but that still didn't help much. I still declined.

We went to a Thai place the other day. He ordered Boba Tea and loved it. I gagged. I'm pretty sure "Swig" would end the same.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh look...

View Quote

I see they caught you already.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh look...

I had to look that up. It's not very nice.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And yet Utah is more towards the less fat states.  

I do agree though…I don’t think this concept will do well in most places.  
View Quote

I also agree it won’t do well nationwide.

But not for health reasons.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone remember Kia-ora?  It kinda flopped  around here.  I liked it as a kid.

If you want to see some triggering racist advertising look up kia ora on youtube.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck soda
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#22]
No thanks.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Would soak
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought Polygamy Porter was the official drink.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So, soda for those unhappy with the meager amount of corn syrup in regular soda?

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So, soda for those unhappy with the meager amount of corn syrup in regular soda?

View Quote

And a good example that no matter the rules, people will find ways around them.  It's human nature.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like an Italian cream soda.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought Mormons avoided caffeine too?

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

I think it is hot drinks, not caffeine, that they avoid.

Some one knowledgeable will be along shortly, I am sure.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I thought it was caffeine too but I guess it's the temperature. My wife says the Mormon guys at work go through diet soda by the case
View Quote

Not the temperature, hot chocolate is GTG. It's tea and coffee for arbitrary reasons.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Taking the sin of caffeine nationwide?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Mormans I grew up with here in SC would not drink caffeine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Taking the sin of caffeine nationwide?
View Quote

Apparently consuming caffeine is ok as long as it is not tea or coffee.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not the temperature, hot chocolate is GTG. It's tea and coffee for arbitrary reasons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow, thats a rant.  I don't drink coffee, I am not mormon, I am not obese, but I also don't drink gallons of sugary caffeinated soda either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mormons won't drink coffee but will down gallons of sugary caffeinated soda before lunch. That's a recipe for obesity and diabetes.

But is it raw milk?

Milk is almost "straight edge", something I have been accused of lately and had not heard the term in almost 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I thought it was caffeine too but I guess it's the temperature. My wife says the Mormon guys at work go through diet soda by the case
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is hot drinks, not caffeine, that they avoid.

Some one knowledgeable will be along shortly, I am sure.

Yeah it’s more arbitrary and capricious than that.

The word of wisdom forbids hot drinks alcohol and tobacco, excessive meat consumption (ignored) and expressly allows beer (which is ignored and forbidden)

Joseph Smith drank coffee, alcohol and smoked cigars daily until he died. (From a bullet)

Brigham young had a whisky distillery.

But some orthodox Mormons for a time wouldn’t even eat hot soup.

But they would drink “Mormon tea” which was ephedra.

It wasn’t really a commandment until prohibition- and when Mormons disobeyed instructions from their prophet and voted to repeal prohibition en masse…they made adherence to the word of wisdom into a qualifier for temple attendance and as a result, heaven

Currently it means coffee and tea, alcohol and tobacco, and any drug boomers think is bad.

Mormons through the 2000’s argued about if it banned caffeine with no clarification from leadership. Orthodoxy and orthopraxy and a huge helping of virtue signaling.

Caffeinated drinks were not sold in BYU campus until somewhere in the 20-teens.

Then an apostle gave a nod to Diet Coke in a smirking reference during a conference talk.

By this time most average Mormons were drinking caffeinated soda that their parents forbid during. The 80’s anyway and many Mormon moms had huge Diet Cokes daily.

So where does it stand today?  

-Monster energy drink? Fine
-64 Oz dirty Diet Coke? Fine
-Hot coffee?  Forbidden devil bean juice
-Hot tea? Forbidden
-iced coffee? Forbidden devil bean juice. It’s a hot drink. LOL
-Iced tea? Also forbidden
-hot macha(sp?) tea in Peru? Allowed
-herbal tea? No problem
-decaf coffee? Forbidden
-hot chocolate? Totally good!
-alcohol? Forbidden in any form
-beer? Expressly allowed but forbidden
-weed? Forbidden even where legal unless a doctor says so and still culturally frowned upon for legitimate uses.
-opiate or Xanax addiction? Rampant in Utah but a doc signed off so you’re good.

Here come the Mormons to tell me I’m “distorting the truth”.

This is lived experience 45 years in the heart of Mormonism.  42 of those as a practicing orthodox Mormon who did not drink coffee but downed Mountain Dew.

Luckily genetics kept me thin, but I’m much healthier physically and otherwise since I pulled the eject handle.

I can “run and not be weary and walk and not faint” much better than I could when living the word of wisdom. So much for god cursing me for not obeying this “law of health”. LOL

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#42]
That name sounds....familiar  

https://www.twigsbeverage.net/
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you, believe it or not, I am now a little less confused.

I knew Orrin Porter Rockwell owned a brewery, and drinking whiskey was one of his habits.  I didn’t know about Brigham Young’s distillery, however.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I think I would enjoy them moderately...

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The word of wisdom forbids hot drinks alcohol and tobacco, excessive meat consumption (ignored) and expressly allows beer (which is ignored and forbidden)

Joseph Smith drank coffee, alcohol and smoked cigars daily until he died. (From a bullet)

It wasn’t really a commandment until prohibition- and when Mormons disobeyed instructions from their prophet and voted to repeal prohibition en masse…they made adherence to the word of wisdom into a qualifier for temple attendance and as a result, heaven

Currently it means coffee and tea, alcohol and tobacco, and any drug boomers think is bad.

Mormons through the 2000’s argued about if it banned caffeine with no clarification from leadership. Orthodoxy and orthopraxy and a huge helping of virtue signaling.

Then an apostle gave a nod to Diet Coke in a smirking reference during a conference talk.

By this time most average Mormons were drinking caffeinated soda that their parents forbid during. The 80’s anyway and many Mormon moms had huge Diet Cokes daily.

-Hot tea? Forbidden
-herbal tea? No problem
-decaf coffee? Forbidden
-weed? Forbidden even where legal unless a doctor says so and still culturally frowned upon for legitimate uses.
-opiate or Xanax addiction? Rampant in Utah but a doc signed off so you’re good.

This is lived experience 45 years in the heart of Mormonism.  42 of those as a practicing orthodox Mormon who did not drink coffee but downed Mountain Dew.

Luckily genetics kept me thin, but I’m much healthier physically and otherwise since I pulled the eject handle.

I can “run and not be weary and walk and not faint” much better than I could when living the word of wisdom. So much for god cursing me for not obeying this “law of health”. LOL

View Quote

IMO the word of wisdom needs an update.  

It should just say do your best or make an honest effort to take care of your body.  

That’s at.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It should just say do your best or make an honest effort to take care of your body.  

That’s at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Hot tea? Forbidden
-herbal tea? No problem
-decaf coffee? Forbidden

That’s at.

Totally agree man. 19th century health fads have only become Pharisee fodder.

My devout Mormon dad is dying from liver failure despite never even taking NyQuil due to the alcohol.

Doc wants him to drink black coffee to keep things running until transplant.

He won’t touch it so as not to break a commandment or set a bad example for his grown kids (the majority of whom drink coffee already)
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Mormans I grew up with here in SC would not drink caffeine.
View Quote

I experienced the same in HS back in the late 70's. I dated a mormon girl for a while, she would not drink any kind of caffeine beverage. It was all orange soda or water. That got old after a while, so we went our separate ways. But other mormons I knew back then were the same way, total ban on caffeine. I find it interesting that they now go whole hog on caffeinated sodas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Soda is the Debil
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I bet the same people that would guzzle this diabetes inducing fattie juice down by the liter are the same ones talking shit about weed in the other thread.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top