Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/22/2023 4:50:17 PM EDT
UPDATE:  from page 2, a former or retired cop from that area says that this little town has (automated?) license plate readers

I recently saw a printout saying that the Fayetteville, IL police department queried my NCIC file on March 4th, 2022.

This is a pic to give you an idea of just how small Fayetteville, IL is:

Attachment Attached File

Fayetteville is at the intersection of Route 4 and Highway 15.

I was on my way to the IL DNR’s World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL.

I was going to meet a friend there to shoot a few rounds of trap.  They open at 10AM.

This “ping” to the NCIC system was around 9 something AM.

Here is another pic to give you all an idea of just how like isolated the World Shooting Complex is away from everything else:

Attachment Attached File

I was NOT pulled over that day.

There weren’t any cops behind me.

There were no cruisers parked near that intersection.

And there were no other interactions  with law enforcement that day.

Sooooo…. In my mind, that only leaves  a couple of options:

A.  Some cop is hiding in the bushes with a pair of binoculars and a terminal  and he punches in license plate numbers into the DMV/NCIC database as people pull up to the single solitary 4 way stop sign in that town.

B.  There is an automated license plate reader located near that intersection.  It scans everybody’s license plate when they travel through Fayetteville.  Everybody’s NCIC file then gets pinged.  

Or the tinfoil hat option

C.  Big Brother is watching the comings and goings of everybody going to the World Shooting Complex and is compiling a list of “gun nuts”

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Where does one acquire such data? Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I vote nefarious government plot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I recently saw a printout saying that the Fayetteville, IL police department queried my NCIC file on March 4th, 2022.

This is a pic to give you an idea of just how small Fayetteville, IL is:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/7661BCF6-B667-4FD2-91A3-B8ADAECF9376_jpe-2755409.JPG

Fayetteville is at the intersection of Route 4 and Highway 15.

I was on my way to the IL DNR’s World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL.

I was going to meet a friend there to shoot a few rounds of trap.  They open at 10AM.

This “ping” to the NCIC system was around 9 something AM.

Here is another pic to give you all an idea of just how like isolated the World Shooting Complex is away from everything else:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/4999EA25-6F9A-49B8-8019-16BCCB599702_jpe-2755420.JPG

I was NOT pulled over that day.

There weren’t any cops behind me.

There were no cruisers parked near that intersection.

And there were no other interactions  with law enforcement that day.

Sooooo…. In my mind, that only leaves  a couple of options:

A.  Some cop is hiding in the bushes with a pair of binoculars and a terminal  and he punches in license plate numbers into the DMV/NCIC database as people pull up to the single solitary 4 way stop sign in that town.

B.  There is an automated license plate reader located near that intersection.  It scans everybody’s license plate when they travel through Fayetteville.  Everybody’s NCIC file then gets pinged.  

Or the tinfoil hat option

C.  Big Brother is watching the comings and goings of everybody going to the World Shooting Complex and is compiling a list of “gun nuts”

View Quote

B and C would be correct....
likely hey have a apr near the entrance to the range...They did that in NJ at the anjrpc range.....no one knew ( or still knows)  gun people are the best gun control advocates and turn each other in all the time  lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

for real, i have to check something for a friend
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3rd on this..
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
You received this notification from where, exactly?

Your car tags are on your local state's database, not NCIC. Neither database is open to the public.

Lastly, just because the reader is in Fayetteville does not mean it belongs to the Local PD.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
How in the world did you find that out
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that legal?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#9]
B.  
Private contractors do it and sell the service to the PD or local govt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
flippin' TAG

how do I be cool and now this stuff?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
flippin' TAG

how do I be cool and now this stuff?
View Quote

Know  
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Are your initials JK?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The county sheriff used to have a deputy drive the parking lot of the Richmond VA gun shows with a video camera to get license plates.  I presume they ran them to look for warrants, but who knows.

This was at the old Kmart location in the late 90s.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
tagged
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Have your dog stay at another person’s house for a while. Just to be safe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The county sheriff used to have a deputy drive the parking lot of the Richmond VA gun shows with a video camera to get license plates.  I presume they ran them to look for warrants, but who knows.

This was at the old Kmart location in the late 90s.
View Quote

I can remember at one point when I was a kid going to the gunshows with a friend and his dad the PD would write down DL and Weapon Serials at entrance to the show.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe random and automated.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is that legal?
View Quote

All day, everyday.

Y’all would stroke if you knew about the stuff the feds have on the interstate highways.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
My work has access to NCIC and it's a huge no no to look anyone up if it's not official business.

But how you'd even know is beyond me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well….

Unfortunately, it is part of a legal thing I got involved with.

And the NCIC printouts are part of the discovery phase.  The printouts were at my lawyer’s office.

There were other NCIC printouts .  I don’t exactly remember all the dates and locations from whence these NCIC queries  came from.

Some may have been legit interactions with law enforcement….like getting just a warning for speeding.

But I will have to go back to my lawyer’s office to look at them again.  

I know for a fact that one of the printouts said I had an active or valid FOID card.  So that kinda has my interest…

As in why is a Federal database containing State related data???

Anywhoooo…. If you are able to FOIA your NCIC file, I would highly recommend that route instead.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Any PIs on you lately?

Unscrupulous PIs will often pay local cops to run an NCIC on a subject. The going rate last time I heard was north of $50 cash and more usually done by lower paid personnel (small town low pay) and preferably outside the searchers jurisdiction (so we can all say woopsie, me and my fat fingers mistyped another request)

Just saying...
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You received this notification from where, exactly?

Your car tags are on your local state's database, not NCIC. Neither database is open to the public.

Lastly, just because the reader is in Fayetteville does not mean it belongs to the Local PD.
View Quote
This, but it also runs a query through NCIC stolen vehicle database
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My work has access to NCIC and it's a huge no no to look anyone up if it's not official business.

But how you'd even know is beyond me.
View Quote

Yeah, I have heard that before from other cop friends.

Back in the day when things weren’t so closely monitored, the old saying was “running a plate to get a date".

This particular print out for sure said “Fayetteville, IL” or “Fayetteville, IL PD”.

There was like a blank spot there for “REQUESTOR NAME:”. and it was either left blank or “UNKNOWN” was typed in there.

There were also shit tons of other numbers and just in general gobbly-guck on these printouts that I have no idea what they mean.

It could be something like:

Soooo….it leaves me wondering , is that first “3” now mean I am on the domestic terrorist watch list.

If there is a “1” there in that slot, are just a  generic  US sheeple person?

If there is a “2”, does it mean you’re hadji about to put your suicide vest on?

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any PIs on you lately?

Unscrupulous PIs will often pay local cops to run an NCIC on a subject. The going rate last time I heard was north of $50 cash and more usually done by lower paid personnel (small town low pay) and preferably outside the searchers jurisdiction (so we can all say woopsie, me and my fat fingers mistyped another request)

Just saying...
View Quote

There are websites that PI can get access to that will provide mind-boggling amounts of info and does not have to bribe a cop for.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, I have heard that before from other cop friends.

Back in the day when things weren’t so closely monitored, the old saying was “running a plate to get a date".

This particular print out for sure said “Fayetteville, IL” or “Fayetteville, IL PD”.

There was like a blank spot there for “REQUESTOR NAME:”. and it was either left blank or “UNKNOWN” was typed in there.

There were also shit tons of other numbers and just in general gobbly-guck on these printouts that I have no idea what they mean.

It could be something like:

Soooo….it leaves me wondering , is that first “3” now mean I am on the domestic terrorist watch list.

If there is a “1” there in that slot, are just a  generic  US sheeple person?

If there is a “2”, does it mean you’re hadji about to put your suicide vest on?

View Quote

Dude. Google "free homeland security threat VIN decoder." I did this for my truck and it worked.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

True, my point is, how does he know it's NCIC in the first place?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Pepper your aungus
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well….

And the NCIC printouts are part of the discovery phase.  The printouts were at my lawyer’s office.

There were other NCIC printouts .  I don’t exactly remember all the dates and locations from whence these NCIC queries  came from.

Some may have been legit interactions with law enforcement….like getting just a warning for speeding.

I know for a fact that one of the printouts said I had an active or valid FOID card.  So that kinda has my interest…

Anywhoooo…. If you are able to FOIA your NCIC file, I would highly recommend that route instead.

View Quote

Now i know it's bullshit.  NCIC printouts are controlled items and damn sure not passed out to random lawyers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any PIs on you lately?

Just saying...
View Quote

Nope!

I was legitimately on a scheduled vacation that week.  I work rotating shifts.  Let’s say I am #4 crew.  My buddy works at the steel mill  on #1 crew.  So we are like directly opposite shifts, so it is difficult for us to meet up.  He was set to work that Friday night March 4th, 2022 .  So that is why I had to meet up with him right when they opened up at 10AM to shoot a round or three of trap.

Which puts me driving through Fayetteville, IL at 9AM something that morning….which was the time on the NCIC printout.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now i know it's bullshit.  NCIC printouts are controlled items and damn sure not passed out to random lawyers.
View Quote

Do you NOT. understand what the legal term “discovery” means?

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#31]
OST
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well….

View Quote

Time for your lawyer to start asking pointed questions.  If you're lucky you can jam up whomever looked it up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He doesn't.  He's just using that term....

But he *technically isn't incorrect.  Any query is going to check BMV files, State files, and NCIC files

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Why does OP have an NCIC file ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That may be why the OP has an attorney, that is currently in the Discovery Phase of a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#36]
NCIC is a database of databases.

Your drivers license and vehicle registration are two separate databases in NCIC. The big one is III (Interstate Identification Index) which is a pointer system that will direct the requestor of information to the any states holding information. The laws surrounding these state databases vary by state and so does the information in them.

If that city ran your tags, not a big deal. If they ran your III, that's a huge No-No.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That may be why the OP has an attorney, that is currently in the Discovery Phase of a lawsuit.
View Quote

How does that happen?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#38]
First you had my curiosity, now you have my attention.  Subscribed, hopefully not a safe thread
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Automated License Plate Reader?  They are all over the place, perhaps the PD there has them?  They will run every car that goes by them for stolen cars, registered owners for suspended/revoked DL and possibly arrest warrants.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think we all have NCIC files.

We just don’t know it yet.

I tried googling “NCIC FOIA”  and got like an older article from 2014.

Here is the pertinent part:

Attachment Attached File

The rest of the article is here:

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2013/nov/15/connecticut-supreme-court-reverses-foia-disclosure-of-ncic-printout/

Which begs the question….

Was Badrawi already put on some “violent gang and terrorist organization file” watchlist prior to his 2004 arrest by ICE?

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you NOT. understand what the legal term “discovery” means?

View Quote

Yep.  I also understand that your "lawyer" told you not to talk to ANYONE about ANYTHING about your "case" including the internet. Again, you do not have NCIC printouts. You may have something you THINK is an NCIC printout, but it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#42]
The NCIC web page list who can request information from the database. Acording to that page your congress representative can help you with that request.

"To a Member of Congress or staff acting upon the member's behalf whom the member or staff requests the information on behalf of and at the request of the individual who is the subject of the record"

They do keep a record of who access each record. It's not clear if that information is included or if it needs to be requested.

"The NCIC identifies each specific agency entering or receiving information and maintains a record of those transactions"
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#43]
were you at 1/6 with your phone on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#44]
They needed your name and DOB to run you thru NCIC. Some states provide your DOB to NLETS, and some do not. For example, NY would provide a DOB, along with full name and full address. If I had time, and I normally did, I would have my dispatch run the registered owner thru NCIC. I did this looking for prior CS and Immigration violations. I used that info to try and develop articulable facts before I initiated a vehicle stop, or not. Many not. Some states do not provide a DOB. I couldn’t run a RO thru NCIC without it.

Someone had access to your DOB and ran you thru NCIC. If you have access to these docs, the “ping” will also show what terminal it came from. It either came from an individual officer, or their dispatch.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure if you know this….but cops can run your tag for any reason.

Your tag will have owner info on it with name, address, DOB and can be run as wel to check warrants.

You do t have to be pulled over and it’s possible it’s automated tag camera.

NCIC isn’t your criminal history.

Those are two different things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think we all have NCIC files.

We just know it yet.

I tried googling "NCIC FOIA"  and got like an older article from 2014.

Here is the pertinent part:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/E5E79DD1-A3E5-4E01-8552-71AD575F0C8F_jpe-2755513.JPG

The rest of the article is here:

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2013/nov/15/connecticut-supreme-court-reverses-foia-disclosure-of-ncic-printout/

Which begs the question .

Was Badrawi already put on some "violent gang and terrorist organization file" watchlist prior to his 2004 arrest by ICE?

View Quote
If you have ever been fingerprinted for anything ever in your life, there is a copy of your prints in a civil record file. Every time you are printed again, those prints go in the file.
It might say "No record found" but that means there was no III records associated with those descriptors found, not that a match for the prints isn't already on file.

There are other databases that are in NCIC for other reasons. There aren't many people in them. I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
were you at 1/6 with your phone on.
View Quote

Or off
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep.  I also understand that your "lawyer" told you not to talk to ANYONE about ANYTHING about your "case" including the internet. Again, you do not have NCIC printouts. You may have something you THINK is an NCIC printout, but it isn't.
View Quote

Actually, my lawyer has been quite stand off-ish and he hasn’t told me a damn thing one way or the other about what should or should not be discussed with anyone even complete strangers on the internet.  I will circle back to this in a minute.

Last week when I was in their conference room  reviewing other evidence, I actually had to stop, get up, and duck my head in their office door to ask “Is it okay if I take pictures if this stuff or otherwise record it?"

They both gave me an explicit verbal  “NO!”

And the only reason I knew to ask them was because I have read other threads here before where it was posted that in some states it is illegal to say for example make an authorized copy of body cam footage.

EDIT:  now for the circle back…

In my mind, if this commie state of Illinois is tracking the comings and going's of gunowners to this one particular state run gun range, then everybody needs to know that.  And ultimately, people need to boycott that range…. So much so…that the Amateur Trapshooting Association needs to pull up stakes and put their Grand somewhere else…. Privately owned in another state.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
First you had my curiosity, now you have my attention.  Subscribed, hopefully not a safe thread
View Quote

Yeah my curiosity just ratcheted up too with the other post about a camera or license plate reader  being installed  just outside a New Jersey gun range’s front gate.

I am wondering if the other queries to the NCIC system were just coincidentally on days I visited this one LGS.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#50]
In before the inevitable OP requested lock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top