Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/18/2023 11:54:03 PM EDT
Doug LaMalfa Stumps Entire Panel With Climate Questions

'What Percent Of Our Atmosphere Is CO2?': Doug LaMalfa Stumps Entire Panel With Climate Questions
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Trick question.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
all of it.....we are actually plants in this simulation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
.04% isn't that roughly 400ppm?

Big Daddy Randall Carlson said if you start getting under 200ppm of Co2, the planet is rightfully fucked because plants can't photosyntheisze.

So....I am really starting to think the co2 in the air being a leading cause of climate change is total horse shit tbh.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Big Daddy Randall Carlson said if you start getting under 200ppm of Co2, the planet is rightfully fucked because plants can't photosyntheisze.
View Quote

Plants? The entire biome depends on the oceans. No oceanic photosynthesis by phytoplankton, and the planet dies. The whole food chain for terrestrial life actually begins in the oceans.

Leftists hate humanity so much that they are trying to murder every single human on the planet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]
HowDareYou.jpg
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So....I am really starting to think the co2 in the air being a leading cause of climate change is total horse shit tbh.
View Quote

Of course it is.   We need plants.  Plants need CO2.  Plant take in CO2 and output O2.  People and animals need O2.   See how all that works together.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Plants? The entire biome depends on the oceans. No oceanic photosynthesis by phytoplankton, and the planet dies. The whole food chain for terrestrial life actually begins in the oceans.

Leftists hate humanity so much that they are trying to murder every single human on the planet.
View Quote

So true.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
We basically survive on plant farts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
that was great, none of those morons knew one thing about the atmosphere or anything else about out planet.

buncha jagoff political appointees..
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doug LaMalfa Stumps Entire Panel With Climate Questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJfrKNR3K2k
View Quote
Holy Shit!!! 27 seconds and I'm out. CO2 is a trace compound in the air we breathe. Wow. Just Wow. It may be time for me to join a Monastery just like during the Dark Ages.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We basically survive on plant farts.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It indeed is
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#13]
World In Midst of Carbon Drought (w/ Prof. William Happer, Princeton University)
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit? Welcome aboard. Water vapor has a much greater effect, but you cannot tax it, or have water vapor credits.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No shit? Welcome aboard. Water vapor has a much greater effect, but you cannot tax it, or have water vapor credits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great. The AI overlord will see this comment and make it so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:16:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Oxygen thieves
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:49:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:53:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What is the thickness of a layer of paint needed to reduce light transmission through a sheet of glass?

Or the fraction of carbon added to iron that radically transforms its behavior into steel?

The analogous arguments are uncountable.

View Quote

Except we've had almost total global glaciation when carbon was as high as 6%...

Not only hasn't a causal relationship between high CO2 been proven, but they've failed to even prove a correlation...
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:02:45 AM EDT
[#19]
LaMalfa 2024
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#20]
He didn't even ask the panel their pronouns before engaging them in conversation
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Of fucking course.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:20:27 AM EDT
[#23]
“Eleven.”
“Percent?”
“No.”
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#24]
NitrogenN2 78.084%
OxygenO2 20.947%
ArgonAr 0.934%
Carbon dioxideCO2 0.035%

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Humans were made in the image of God, so it makes sense that leftists would want to destroy humanity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Never, ever let facts or data stand in the way of feelz, exspecially a feelz-based agenda.

mRNA vaccines, all around….

PLM!  Plant Lives Matter!

Vegetable Rights!
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]
A small amount
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Studies have shown that CO2 levels follow changes in climate, not the other way around.  When the planet gets warmer, CO2 levels rise.  We are currently in a CO2 drought, plants need more than the current levels to thrive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#29]
They're gonna fail their ODH quals test.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#30]
We fucked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#31]
The planet tends to self-regulate atmospheric CO2. A rise in CO2 stimulates coral and shellfish production which indirectly consumes CO2. Geologic history has demonstrated this over hundreds of millions of years.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just now "starting to think?"
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#33]
The people we elect are some of the most egotistical willfully ignorant mo fo's that you will ever find on the face of the earth.

If we REALLY wanted to affect climate change, we'd cut water vapor in air as it's the greatest reason for climate change and warming. However, with most of the earth cover in water and no way for people to get rich over it or control other lives, it would be a moot point because even the most vapid green mommy driving her surburban 4x4 to take her rotten spoiled child to school from her 5K square foot that 3 people live in  would be able to figure it out. Hell, even the average moronic college student taking bug baking culinary classes could see it.

We really need tests for intelligence and knowledge on actual facts about bills before politicians are allowed to vote for them. I'd honestly bet 90%+ of them would fail and have their vote stricken from the record.

Next, someone will be so retarded [and I mean they are truly so stupid they really ARE mentally retarded as in a sub normal IQ] that they will think an island will tip over if too many people are on one side of it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The water vapor thing is definately somthing...I remember reading an article about the airliners contrails having an effect of local heat from them.

More so, than the co2 the jet engines emitted.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
you're just starting to think that?  

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#36]
So I am kinda retarded but ok lets say the air is

78% N
20.9% o2
Argon .9%
Other Gases .17%
co2 .03%

Ok, math time....what other gases are being reduced if Co2 is going up, you can't have more than 100%

Is there less o2?

Like more Nox?

I just don't see how 300-400 ppm going to 600ppm is going to kill the entire planet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

78% N
20.9% o2
Argon .9%
Other Gases .17%
co2 .03%

Ok, math time....what other gases are being reduced if Co2 is going up, you can't have more than 100%

Is there less o2?

Like more Nox?

I just don't see how 300-400 ppm going to 600ppm is going to kill the entire planet.
View Quote

It won't, but it WILL kill your wallet and make someone rich and that someone won't be you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What is the thickness of a layer of paint needed to reduce light transmission through a sheet of glass?

Or the fraction of carbon added to iron that radically transforms its behavior into steel?

The analogous arguments are uncountable.

View Quote
you have to reduce carbon in iron to make steel.

and its a fuckload more than 400 ppm
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Edit
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I like to emit methane every now and then especially after I eat the non-soaked magical fruit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It won't, but it WILL kill your wallet and make someone rich and that someone won't be you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

78% N
20.9% o2
Argon .9%
Other Gases .17%
co2 .03%

Is there less o2?

Like more Nox?

yeah the money and power grab is crzy
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Of course it is.   We need plants.  Plants need CO2.  Plant take in CO2 and output O2.  People and animals need O2.   See how all that works together.
View Quote

We need oxygen and water to live, but breathing 100% oxygen for a little too long fucks up your lungs and I don't think I need to embellish the dangers of drowning.

CO2 is an energetic molecule that holds onto heat well. It what makes the inside of your car or a greenhouse hot on a summer day. It logically follows that the more CO2 we dump into the atmosphere, the more global temperatures will rise.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

CO2 is an energetic molecule that holds onto heat well. It what makes the inside of your car or a greenhouse hot on a summer day.
View Quote

Jesus Christ you're dumb. You're saying that if I removed the CO2 from the atmosphere of a sealed greenhouse it would be colder? How much colder, exactly?
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The planet tends to self-regulate atmospheric CO2. A rise in CO2 stimulates coral and shellfish production which indirectly consumes CO2. Geologic history has demonstrated this over hundreds of millions of years.

View Quote

This might be true on a very long timescale, but marine biologists have recently observed coral and shellfish (including vital plankton) struggling to form shells. As the atmospheric CO2 rises, much of it is absorbed by the ocean. This makes the water more acidic, in the same way seltzer water is acidic (and why your dentist might yell at you if you're drinking too much). This acidity negatively impacts the ability of many marine organisms that depend on exoskeletons. Over the past few decades it has been observed that these exoskeletons have been progressively getting thinner as they struggle to grow in an increasingly acidic environment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We need oxygen and water to live, but breathing 100% oxygen for a little too long fucks up your lungs and I don't think I need to embellish the dangers of drowning.

CO2 is an energetic molecule that holds onto heat well. It what makes the inside of your car or a greenhouse hot on a summer day. It logically follows that the more CO2 we dump into the atmosphere, the more global temperatures will rise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you understand why we add humidity to cold air in the winter and we can lower the thermostat a couple degrees and still feel just as comfortable? The water vapor/humidity in the air holds the heat generated by your furnace or other heat adding device far better then [dry] air alone.

Your bullshit you can ply toward ignorant 2nd graders and college age morans doesn't work as well here.

My son with a master in chem laughs his ass off at people like you, then beats them down with words you likely can't even comprehend.

It's too bad one of the guys that either left here years ago or was banned isn't still here, he'd educate you back under a rock with actual science/logic using cutting wit to boot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect, you don’t have the slightest clue how thermodynamics works.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
CO2's influence on heat retention in our atmosphere is essentially at saturation currently. It's not a linear response.  300-400ppm made a difference. 400-600 really won't change much.  

So while you think it's logical that more CO2 = more retained heat, it really doesn't.    That doesn't mean we should stop trying to be better conservators of our planet.  What it does mean is that we should focus on the worst polluters in the world, which are in the far east.   We shouldn't be crushing our economy, which is already one of the cleanest on the planet to chase a goal that is pointless in the name of an imposed and uninformed social guilt.

If you cared about the planet actually, you'd want everything made in the west where meaningful protections to the environment actually exist.  Instead uninformed opinions will drive that overseas where there are no real protections and the planet gets trashed, ironically because of people that think they are trying to protect it.

CO2 is a red herring. It's a shiny simple object for the uninformed to focus on, because the real truth of the issue is complex and not marketable, the typical western consumer of this campaign has the attention span of coked up gnat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

As the great comedian Jack Meoff said, “Do you have a doctorate in stupidity?  If not, I’m sure there are many schools that will give you an honorary one.  You are certainly deserving of the title.”
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top