Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/13/2023 4:24:05 PM EDT
Neat

Serbu Super Shorty 12 Gauge

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How about you learn how to manufacture what you have first so your 50s don't have a 3 year waiting list ?????
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about you learn how to manufacture what you have first so your 50s don't have a 3 year waiting list ?????
View Quote

Or...you know, explode.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
In before butthurt about shooting at the water.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The Super Shorty has been around since 2005 when I was working there. We used to do 50-75 at a time of 870's or Mossberg 500's.
I have one I got around 2008 or so. Fun as hell. When me and the wife go to the range, she always makes sure it's packed to go. She loves firing it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.

Wasn't a rifle issue but an issue with the ammo used.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.
View Quote

That wasn't the rifles fault. It was handloaded SLAP rounds.
SLAP shouldn't be fired through a standard chambered barrel.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There's no market for it.
He might sell some based on his name, but if some random company made it though, it would be universally laughed at.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait so I can get a super shorty? I don’t have an AOW, I would buy one of these.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The bolt action 50 is nice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait so I can get a super shorty? I don't have an AOW, I would buy one of these.
View Quote
If you can find one. I don't know if he's actively producing them. It's my understanding that they're done in batches.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wait so I can get a super shorty? I don’t have an AOW, I would buy one of these.
View Quote

He stopped production on them a few years back to get caught up on other stuff.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.

And frankly impressive how much the gun did hold up

Unfortunately, the failure of the rifle did cause a part to go directly back, but I’m not sure a bolt wouldn’t have done the same thing
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.
View Quote
Yeah, cause it's definitely the gun's fault when you shoot 40 year old machine gun only ammo never available to civilians you bought off the internet which gave all the warning signs of "don't shoot this shit" ammo can possibly give and it exploded.

Pro tip, when you have to hammer out fired cases and one shot gives a fireball 2x as big as the previous one and the sound is completely different you probably shouldn't keep shooting...
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't wait for a Serbu branded glock 19 clone lol
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Serbu pistols?? Someone give me a high 3-and-a-half!!!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd like a Serbu pen gun.
View Quote

I've been trying to find a Siris integrally suppressed Ruger MkII.  Built a few of those also. Always meant to buy one but never got around to it.
Now he doesn't produce them.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Will we see those by the time the Serbu SU15 hits the market?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or...you know, explode.

It wasn't a standard chambered barrel either. It was custom made with a machine gun chamber just for those rounds.

They didn't design it for horrendously overpressure ammo though. Same result.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Went to buy a Serbu Super Shorty a few years ago and he stopped making them. I had a Mossberg converted by Safety Harbor instead.

This is just after cerakote. The lighting is terrible. It's stupid and awesome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Technically you can get one now. Either by machining it, or 3d printing it yourself. The GB-22 isn't super secret. He's put out videos on it for years now, but it was a proof of concept to make the cheapest functional gun possible for gun buyback schemes. I don't quite understand the angle of brining it to market himself, as it likely would come in at an end user cost higher than the amount it could be resold for in a buy back.  It only really makes sense to me to sell to home builders that want an actual reference gun straight from the source.

He does sell the plans now. I'm sure they're probably redistributed elsewhere for free, but I think he deserves $12 for making it. https://serbu.com/gb-22-plans/
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

He sold that design to someone. Not sure who though. Got that straight from Mark.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]
You mean "handguns"?

Or "hand guns", guns that shoot hands?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Beat Keltec at their own game and make a new Tec9?

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Super Shorty has been around since 2005 when I was working there. We used to do 50-75 at a time of 870's or Mossberg 500's.
I have one I got around 2008 or so. Fun as hell. When me and the wife go to the range, she always makes sure it's packed to go. She loves firing it.
View Quote

mark hasn't had them on his website in forever. i don't know why he stopped making them, but it's been years since he's had them. ( it felt like he was so busy fucking around with that 20mm rifle, he just gave up on the super shorty)
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Technically you can get one now. Either by machining it, or 3d printing it yourself. The GB-22 isn't super secret. He's put out videos on it for years now, but it was a proof of concept to make the cheapest functional gun possible for gun buyback schemes. I don't quite understand the angle of brining it to market himself, as it likely would come in at an end user cost higher than the amount it could be resold for in a buy back.  It only really makes sense to me to sell to home builders that want an actual reference gun straight from the source.

He does sell the plans now. I'm sure they're probably redistributed elsewhere for free, but I think he deserves $12 for making it. https://serbu.com/gb-22-plans/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The SU15 is something different. It’s a bufferless AR design, like a KAC PDW.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

mark hasn't had them on his website in forever. i don't know why he stopped making them, but it's been years since he's had them. ( it felt like he was so busy fucking around with that 20mm rifle, he just gave up on the super shorty)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Too much demand for his .50 cals shifted his priorities. I can't blame him, he has to follow the money, but it sucks if you want a super shorty.

Quoted:
The SU15 is something different. It's a bufferless AR design, like a KAC PDW.
No, I meant you can get one of the pistols now, lol.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone got the Serbu challenge coin?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

True. And there were people trying to buy them. I called them directly and asked what was up with the Super Shorty and was told it was discontinued. They suggested Safety Harbor. Pretty much the same design and works great.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I always wanted one of his Super Shortys, I don't get the direction he's taken the company in with the .50s though but I'm not in the firearms business.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be happy just getting back the money they took on the SU15 preorder.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They're caught up on some of them.

RN-50s - Currently fulfilling orders received through October 2023.

BFG-50s - Currently fulfilling orders received through October 2023.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I’m unable to watch the video. Is he bringing the Suoer Shorty back or making new handguns?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#34]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#35]
AOWs are fun.  The SS with 3” shells are a blast.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'd be happy just getting back the money they took on the SU15 preorder.
View Quote

Ah, email them to get your refund. I had to do the same thing.

I agree they should have sent it back to you, but you have to request it be returned.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
AOWs are fun.  The SS with 3” shells are a blast.

https://i.postimg.cc/4ydprk0N/IMG-4735.jpg
View Quote

@Triggerstuck
What grip on the SS?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@Triggerstuck
What grip on the SS?
View Quote

I’m not sure.  It came with it.

@SeanTX
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Didn't he have a somewhat interesting AR upper design years ago, maybe based on the AR180 design?

I assume he was unable to bring it to market on account of it having, ya know, moving parts.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Too much demand for his .50 cals shifted his priorities. I can't blame him, he has to follow the money, but it sucks if you want a super shorty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The SU15 is something different. It's a bufferless AR design, like a KAC PDW.

I get chasing where the demand goes but I swear he could take in 100k in orders for the super shorty if he reproduced them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Went to buy a Serbu Super Shorty a few years ago and he stopped making them. I had a Mossberg converted by Safety Harbor instead.

This is just after cerakote. The lighting is terrible. It's stupid and awesome.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227/11124880_10204136850488660_134502437_n_j-3026516.JPG
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#42]
All of his guns are fugly crap IMO.

Especially that abomination of a handgun. (Hold up. It's a single shot .22? Who the fuck wants that?)

Are his shop tools from the industrial revolution?

If you played a drinking game based on the number of times the YouTube "host" flagged Mark, you'd be drunk by minute 3.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've been trying to find a Siris integrally suppressed Ruger MkII.  Built a few of those also. Always meant to buy one but never got around to it.
Now he doesn't produce them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/IMG_3533-1759898.jpg
View Quote

The AWC Badlander (MkIII) has been fun over the years.  Never a hiccup, but not as quiet as I’d like.

ETA-Wrong pic.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Putting a SBS Super Shorty under my tactical levergun sounds like an insanely fun time.
@chase45
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

True. And there were people trying to buy them. I called them directly and asked what was up with the Super Shorty and was told it was discontinued. They suggested Safety Harbor. Pretty much the same design and works great.
View Quote

i don't know if he ever took the 20mm to market, but i bet for every one he might sell, he could have sold a hundred super shortys. way to overestimate the market.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@Triggerstuck
What grip on the SS?
View Quote

They are the stock plastic grip that comes on the 870 from Remington. Been meaning to change mine out for some time.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I could use a 12 gauge revolver.  That'd be cool.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I could use a 12 gauge revolver.  That'd be cool.
View Quote

Damn. That would be.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got a Super Shorty.

IMO it's one of the funnest guns available that's not expensive to feed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top