[#1]
Oh shit.  That’s today
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh shit.  That's today
View Quote
Yeah. Our team sucks ass this year, so it's kind of hard to get excited about it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah. Our team sucks ass this year, so it's kind of hard to get excited about it.
View Quote

That statement applies to so many things lately.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesus H. Christ. That's not how we did it in my day.

We had our pants off.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the probability of a Fuck Joe Biden chant?

Im thinking it's got a shot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Go Army  Beat Navy

Liked it so much i even went back to teach----Mil Art

our son was not very happy wearing Army colors.  Might explain why he just made Chief in the USN!?   haha.

I cheer for Navy Football ever day of the year except one--and today is that day.

BEAT NAVY!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
GO NAVY
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Ring knocker thread.

Most I ran into were turds who knew everything and didn't need to listen to the plebe Chiefs, but some were ok and they were embarrassed to say they went to Annapolis.  The giveaway was when you asked them about their school, and they just said "college."

OTOH, most ROTC/non-ring knockers were good officers, but they had their share of turds as well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ring knocker thread.

Most I ran into were turds who knew everything and didn't need to listen to the plebe Chiefs, but some were ok and they were embarrassed to say they went to Annapolis.  The giveaway was when you asked them about their school, and they just said "college."

OTOH, most ROTC/non-ring knockers were good officers, but they had their share of turds as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ring knocker thread.

Statistically speaking, since ROTC is the largest commissioning source for both Services, their share of turds is larger than that of the academies.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Statistically speaking, since ROTC is the largest commissioning source for both Services, their share of turds is larger than that of the academies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ring knocker thread.

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

- Mark Twain

Wasn't my experience over nearly 30 years.  Not even close.

Edit:  My favorite was the ring knocker wives  flexing on enlisted with their husband's rank by cutting lines or screaming "make a hole" on ladders to get squids with actual jobs to do out of their way.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks to Directv bullshit they have the local CBS station in Houston blacked out so, unless I can find it online or something, no game for me.

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

- Mark Twain

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ring knocker thread.

- Mark Twain

I think you missed my joke.  I wasn't seriously making an argument on the relative sizes of the turd populations among academy and ROTC graduates.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Title is incorrect. The Army and Navy have nothing to do with it.

West point vs Annapolis

Or

USMA vs Naval academy

Schools that have become an embarrassment to the military.

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I've ran into my share of senior NCOs who were complete turds as well.   Selected, Tested and Accepted

as a brand new LT my first platoon sergeant was a drunk and entirely worthless.   Old Vietnam War vet so higher was just letting him ride his time out.  It was terrible.   I'll never forget the day SFC (E7) Pagan---a Puerto Rican leg ranger--arrived in our platoon as our platoon sergeant.   Pagan found me up in the barracks going thru Soldiers rooms getting ready for some coming inspection.  Pagan's first word to me were  "Sir,  What the Fuck are you doing up in my barrack?  Get out!  Right now.  I will have this platoon ready for you when it's time to go to the jungle.  Go do officer shit!"   It was glorious.   God Bless that man.  He rose to full Command Sergeant Major at the two star level and deserved every bit of it.

Go Army  Beat Navy
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Go Army!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've ran into my share of senior NCOs who were complete turds as well.   Selected, Tested and Accepted

as a brand new LT my first platoon sergeant was a drunk and entirely worthless.   Old Vietnam War vet so higher was just letting him ride his time out.  It was terrible.   I'll never forget the day SFC (E7) Pagan---a Puerto Rican leg ranger--arrived in our platoon as our platoon sergeant.   Pagan found me up in the barracks going thru Soldiers rooms getting ready for some coming inspection.  Pagan's first word to me were  "Sir,  What the Fuck are you doing up in my barrack?  Get out!  Right now.  I will have this platoon ready for you when it's time to go to the jungle.  Go do officer shit!"   It was glorious.   God Bless that man.  He rose to full Command Sergeant Major at the two star level and deserved every bit of it.

Go Army  Beat Navy
View Quote

I had an FDNCO like that.  First day I met him, he pulled me aside and said "Sir, this track and these soldiers are my responsibility.  Your responsibilities are those radios and that map."

We got along famously.  Still keep in touch 25 years later.

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#23]
My kid is in one of the Army pep commercials.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Every year a little distraction, but for God's sake, Army beat the fucking Navy!

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let's get this thing started!

BEAT ARMY!
View Quote

Go ARMY!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Go Army! Beat Navy!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Right above my head right now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Go Army!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice over the back INT.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Went to the one in 1979 when I was in basic training
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Best use of camouflage in an Army Navy game goes to Army in 2017.

What a riot that game was.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I played against Navy in the 1979 game in JFK Stadium.  Jesus Mary and Joseph was that stadium a cold cold place to play in.   Setting aside the fact that we lost that game :-(

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#34]
LFG Army, Beat Navy!  Great Drive!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Let's get this thing started!
View Quote

Soooo, it’ll be like  …. Trannys vs Village People?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Going out to dinner with friends so can't watch it but GO NAVY!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Go Navy, beat Army…..even though I’m the only one in the family from a sea service…Dad, brother, and sister are Army pukes…..
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Icing the kicker is the gayest thing ever.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Icing the kicker is the gayest thing ever.
View Quote

Second only to going into the locker room with unused timeouts.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Announcers are REALLY down on Navy.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Going into locker it's ARMY 10 and Navy 0

It's been a few years but i am ready if Coach Monken calls---suit me up Coach, I'm ready to go in!

hahaha
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ring knocker thread.

A couple of years before I retired we got a new LT from VMI, he was/is a very good officer.  That ring he wears when not in a tank is HUGE though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Navy has no passing game and 80 yards rushing in the first half. I thought the Navy had an aviation branch.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Go ARMY!
(Not a ring knocker)
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Go ARMY!
(Not a ring knocker)
View Quote

I keep hearing this 'ring knocker' bull shit.  I've never personally encountered it.   I've a USMA ring and a TAMU ring (graduate school).  Neither have gotten me squat nor have i expected anything other than what i brought to the task at hand.  

Mainly i view these disparaging Academy comments alongside the perennial----"I had a academy admission but i declined it and.......      

Go Army   Beat Navy!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Severe weather/tornado special reports for the last two hours here in Middle Tennessee.  Scrolling at the bottom of the screen is just not exciting enough for weather people/newscasters.

ETA: Go Army!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#48]
C'mon Navy, do something
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#49]
That ball hit his foot, and he knows it.

The honorable thing to do would be to own that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That ball hit his foot, and he knows it.

The honorable thing to do would be to own that.
View Quote
Hey, it's not like this year's Navy team knows what it's like to touch the ball. That's a foreign feeling.

He'd have to ask the qb, center, and punter what it feels like.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top