Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/19/2023 9:59:48 PM EDT
"Senate deal on border, Ukraine aid won't happen before end of year: Schumer"
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senate-deal-border-ukraine-aid-happen-end-year/story?id=105790314

"Hungary (Viktor Orban) blocks $54bn EU financial aid for Ukraine"
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/15/hungary-blocks-54bn-eu-financial-aid-for-ukraine

"Ukrainian troops face artillery shortages, scale back some operations - commander"
https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-running-out-ammo-scaling-back-military-western-aid-2023-12

I've been saying for awhile that once Ukraine's summer offensive is over, the fall rains come and operations slow down, there'd be a window for peace talks. The voting majority in every allied country outside of Ukraine cares that Ukraine stays sovereign and Russia doesn't add them to the federation or expand into Europe but no one gives a damn who governs Crimea (where 80% of inhabitants are NOT ethnic Ukrainian.) Ukraine hasn't had control of the Donbas and Crimea for about a decade now. But after Bucha, Izyum, an offensive that failed to take any meaningful territory back, and all their casualties Ukrainians don't want to hear it. In fact that all is quite offensive to the Ukrainians and in the official Ukraine War thread here they got so angry that I was banned from the thread for "being disruptive."

Now Ukraine has to fight on a budget. I've watched American support for Ukraine aid go from ~80% to ~50%, Zelenskyy being welcomed by the House to being told to go home, and I can see which way this support is headed. People don't like their money taken from them and given to another country, not in the long term, not for Crimea. I think it's worth it but I'm just one person. Even if another package gets approved by Congress in January (and it may not) Ukraine is going to need a blue wave next November or they're on their own if they don't want to sue for peace.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no ammo, I have no honor.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You comrades really need to run better deconfliction.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
less than 50% supported the war in Afghanistan.

we poured $$$ into that pit for ~20 years.

the ROI in Ukraine is infinitely superior.

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
they are already talking.

more publicity in q1
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You comrades really need to run better deconfliction.
View Quote

You're not a comrade for holding the majority American view. Almost nobody in America or Europe cares about Crimea.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

There would be an ROI, the ground threat was reduced resulting in the cadring of a large part of the active Army.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Senate deal on border, Ukraine aid won't happen before end of year: Schumer"
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senate-deal-border-ukraine-aid-happen-end-year/story?id=105790314

"Hungary (Viktor Orban) blocks $54bn EU financial aid for Ukraine"
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/15/hungary-blocks-54bn-eu-financial-aid-for-ukraine

"Ukrainian troops face artillery shortages, scale back some operations - commander"
https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-running-out-ammo-scaling-back-military-western-aid-2023-12

I've been saying for awhile that once Ukraine's summer offensive is over, the fall rains come and operations slow down, there'd be a window for peace talks. The voting majority in every allied country outside of Ukraine cares that Ukraine stays sovereign and Russia doesn't add them to the federation or expand into Europe but no one gives a damn who governs Crimea (where 80% of inhabitants are NOT ethnic Ukrainian.) Ukraine hasn't had control of the Donbas and Crimea for about a decade now. But after Bucha, Izyum, an offensive that failed to take any meaningful territory back, and all their casualties Ukrainians don't want to hear it. In fact it's all offensive to the Ukrainians and in the official Ukraine War thread here they got so angry that I was banned from the thread for "being disruptive."

Now Ukraine has to fight on a budget. I've watched American support for Ukraine aid go from ~80% to ~50%, Zelenskyy being welcomed by the House to being told to go home, and I can see which way this support is headed. People don't like their money taken from them and given to another country, not in the long term, not for Crimea. I think it's worth it but I'm just one person. Even if another package gets approved by Congress in January (and it may not) Ukraine is going to need a blue wave next November or they're on their own if they don't want to sue for peace.
View Quote

Whether the U.S. government supports Ukraine or not has absolutely ZERO to do with what voters want.  If there is a sudden shift in U.S. foreign policy, then it has to do with money and power.

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Let him:

1) Borrow from the World Bank
2) Borrow from the IMF
3) Borrow from Singapore
4) Set up a GoFundMe
5) Get Ukrainian bitches to offer 50% OnlyFans
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Explain logically why we need to finance a war there.  Not the "beating Russia is all that matters" line.

Also tired of the Dems laundering cash back to themselves with this bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

ROI for who?

Soros?  Biden?  Zelensky?  

There's fuck all for ROI for the American people
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is. But if you can't convince the people that it doesn't matter. On average, each one of us has paid around $300 now to Ukraine. I can't tell people how to spend their money. And Russia has already lost half of their military equipment, many generals, hundreds of thousands of young men due to casualties or fleeing the country, the Prigozhin coup etc etc. They can't really get much weaker, and we wouldn't want a total collapse because that would remove 10% of the world's oil exports, 10% of the world's fertilizer exports, and much of it's food and metals. Let alone the risk of loose nukes. It's just not something any expert on the topic I've heard (from Thomas Graham to Peter Zeihan to Stephan Kotkin) says would be good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Awwww. lol.

If the Russians don't take him alive or the CIA ends him when his usefulness comes to an end, I hope some some disgruntled Ukie with a Barrett catches up with little stubby Z.

And I hope it hurts. Also lol.

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Explain logically why we need to finance a war there.  Not the "beating Russia is all that matters" line.

View Quote

Well weakening Russia, a country that explicitly considers America their enemy, is good for national security. If 10 years ago you asked the joint chiefs to cut a check for $200 billion and take Russia off the map as a threat and world player for 20+ years they'd take that deal in a heartbeat. We just passed next year's defense budget for $880 billion. Our federal budget is $6.13 trillion and that goes to everything from healthcare to schools to helping the needy and homeless. We have the money. But the thing is we've already weakened Russia about as much as we're going to. We also wouldn't want them expanding into Europe, but it appears we've accomplished that as well. Now it's time for peace.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn’t Biden just send them $300 million? That’ll hold over till the January 16th agreement.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad these threads keep popping up, no need to clutter the 5000 page thread on the subject .
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well weakening Russia, a country that explicitly considers America their enemy, is good for national security. If 10 years ago you asked the joint chief to cut a check for $200 billion and take Russia off the map as a threat and world player for 20+ years they'd take that deal in a heartbeat. We just passed next year's defense budget for $880 billion. Our federal budget is $6.13 trillion and that goes to everything from healthcare to schools to helping the needy and homeless. We have the money. But the thing is we've already weakened Russia about as much as we're going to. We also wouldn't want them expanding into Europe, but it appears we've accomplished that as well. Now it's time for peace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well weakening Russia, a country that explicitly considers America their enemy, is good for national security. If 10 years ago you asked the joint chief to cut a check for $200 billion and take Russia off the map as a threat and world player for 20+ years they'd take that deal in a heartbeat. We just passed next year's defense budget for $880 billion. Our federal budget is $6.13 trillion and that goes to everything from healthcare to schools to helping the needy and homeless. We have the money. But the thing is we've already weakened Russia about as much as we're going to. We also wouldn't want them expanding into Europe, but it appears we've accomplished that as well. Now it's time for peace.

WE have the money? Last time I looked we were at like 32-33 trillion in the hole and going up by a few trillion a  year. We have no money, we are so fucking broke it isn't even funny, what's the total real debt including underfunded liabilities 100 trillion in the hole?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#17]
could probably buy a lot of ammo with those yachts and pensions we funded.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Didn’t Biden just send them $300 million? That’ll hold over till the January 16th agreement.
View Quote

Maybe, but they're already saying they're running out of ammo:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67714719

and "Zelenskyy to US Lawmakers: Ukraine Will Lose War Without US Aid":
https://www.voanews.com/a/zelenskyy-to-us-lawmakers-ukraine-will-lose-war-without-us-aid-/7278541.html

But still, something like 80% of Ukrainians oppose ending the war if it means giving up Crimea:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-12-14/more-ukrainians-gradually-backing-territorial-concessions-to-gain-peace

And I get it, we would oppose peace with Canada if it meant giving up Maine, but at some point they have to be reasonable and realize that they live next to Russia and outside support won't be unlimited or endless.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

0 is still 0
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is. But if you can't convince the people that it doesn't matter. On average, each one of us has paid around $300 now to Ukraine. I can't tell people how to spend their money. And Russia has already lost half of their military equipment, many generals, hundreds of thousands of young men due to casualties or fleeing the country, the Prigozhin coup etc etc. They can't really get much weaker, and we wouldn't want a total collapse because that would remove 10% of the world's oil exports, 10% of the world's fertilizer exports, and much of it's food and metals. Let alone the risk of loose nukes. It's just not something any expert on the topic I've heard (from Thomas Graham to Peter Zeihan to Stephan Kotkin) says would be good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One average, most Americans don’t pay income taxes. So those of us who do have to pay a lot more.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because Russia conquering Ukraine does not achieve Russia's long term strategic goals.  They also need to take the Baltics and parts of Poland and Romania to plug the land invasion routes to Moscow.  That means a direct fight with NATO that Russia knows it can't possibly win without the use of tactical nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#23]
For me the situation is simple. Fuck a bunch of Ukranians and their grift system. Fuck a bunch of Russians too while you're at it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Biden funded Ukraine's pensions and still hasn't funded our Social Security system.

Maybe he should try to do something for America for a change.

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

WE have the money? Last time I looked we were at like 32-33 trillion in the hole and going up by a few trillion a  year. We have no money, we are so fucking broke it isn't even funny, what's the total real debt including underfunded liabilities 100 trillion in the hole?
View Quote

Yeah the world's economy looks like this:

We have money... specifically about a quarter of the world's economy even though we have only 4% of the world's population. We're rich, and the federal government goes into debt on purpose to stimulate and lubricate the economy. That's what the covid stimulus, TARP, and inflation reduction act did. Much of the debt is owed to ourselves: the Treasury prints money and the Fed Reserve Bank buys it as debt. Our debt to GDP ratio is 129% but look where China, Japan and the EU are:

https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/CHINA-DEBT-HOUSEHOLD/010030H712Q/index.html

We're in good shape, but if you only listen to the opposition party at any given time you would think we are collapsing and only they can save us from it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have the money? Dude we are 34 trillion in debt and out debt to GDP is 125% or some shit like that! We have no money!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome! Gunpowder will be plentiful again, 5.56 prices will come down, it will be glorious!

I say we divide UKR into West and East Ukraine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We have the money? Dude we are 34 trillion in debt and out debt to GDP is 125% or some shit like that! We have no money!
View Quote

Then China, Japan and Europe has no money either, because their debt to GDP is similar. Apparently nobody has any money

It's just something for the opposition party to squawk about and get votes because the Federal Reserve's policies of quantitative easing and quantitative tightening is a bit too complex for people who don't run a country or print money or have a national bank. Notice we never hear about it when one party controls both Congress and the White House.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

If the Russians don't take him alive or the CIA ends him when his usefulness comes to an end, I hope some some disgruntled Ukie with a Barrett catches up with little stubby Z.

View Quote

I understand not wanting to aid Ukraine but I still don't understand this pov. Why do you want Zelensky dead? Why not Putin?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spend it now in limited amounts, with someone else doing the heavy lifting from a personnel perspective, or spend more later with Russia throwing Ukrainians as the bleeding edge into Poland, the Baltics and Romania against Americans.  If you want some of that laundered cash, I recommend investing in the MIC, that's where most of those funds are going.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Spend it now in limited amounts, with someone else doing the heavy lifting from a personnel perspective, or spend more later with Russia throwing Ukrainians as the bleeding edge into Poland, the Baltics and Romania against Americans.  If you want some of that laundered cash, I recommend investing in the MIC, that's where most of those funds are going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except at this point we now know Russia is a paper tiger, they ain't rolling into Poland
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, just stop and hear him out and don't be so insensitive.  I'm $87,000,000 in debt making $8,700 a year with expenditures of $870,000, but have plenty of money.  And if that's ever not enough, I just go to Walmart and buy a few games of Monopoly and I'm flush with cash again.  It makes perfect sense
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Because Russia conquering Ukraine does not achieve Russia's long term strategic goals.  They also need to take the Baltics and parts of Poland and Romania to plug the land invasion routes to Moscow.  That means a direct fight with NATO that Russia knows it can't possibly win without the use of tactical nuclear weapons.
View Quote

If Ukraine comes to a peace agreement with Russia today I think we can all agree Russia won't be invading Poland or Romania for decades, probably not in our lifetimes. This is no longer about Europe's security, it's about helping Ukraine regain territory in Crimea now where only 20% of the people are Ukrainian.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't have the money. That federal budget is quite a bit on the deficit side and as for strategically weakening Russia?
They still have 100% of the one thing they can threaten us with.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I understand not wanting to aid Ukraine but I still don't understand this pov. Why do you want Zelensky dead? Why not Putin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

Why are you insinuating he doesn't want Putin dead?

Get both.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Zelensky can use the 10% he's holding for the Big Guy and the rest of the swamp to hold him over through the winter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Biden funded Ukraine's pensions and still hasn't funded our Social Security system.

Maybe he should try to do something for America for a change.

View Quote
And FEMA ran out of money last year. Meanwhile the UKR grift kept flowing
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Let him:

1) Borrow from the World Bank
2) Borrow from the IMF
3) Borrow from Singapore
4) Set up a GoFundMe
5) Get Ukrainian bitches to offer 50% OnlyFans
View Quote

6) Go fuck himself

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/global-economy-2023-1200px.jpg

We have money... specifically about a quarter of the world's economy even though we have only 4% of the world's population. We're rich, and the federal government goes into debt on purpose to stimulate and lubricate the economy. That's what the covid stimulus, TARP, and inflation reduction act did. Much of the debt is owed to ourselves: the Treasury prints money and the Fed Reserve Bank buys it as debt. Our debt to GDP ratio is 129% but look where China, Japan and the EU are:
https://i.postimg.cc/cLjV1Q7F/debt.jpg
https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/CHINA-DEBT-HOUSEHOLD/010030H712Q/index.html

We're in good shape, but if you only listen to the opposition party at any given time you would think we are collapsing and only they can save us from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/global-economy-2023-1200px.jpg

What you just showed is that the US.owes more than we produce in a year. You do realize  how bad that is, don't you?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#40]
2024 will be different.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

ROI for who?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROI for who?

To date not a single person has been able to frame a case for how I, my family or my neighbors benefits from Ukraine retaking Crimea. I don’t care, stop wasting money on other peoples wars.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why are you insinuating he doesn't want Putin dead?

Get both.
View Quote

Maybe he does, just seems Zelenskys the target of his ire which I find odd as we wouldnt be sending aid if Russia stayed home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Awwww. lol.

View Quote

I just hope somebody gets him before he skips off to some tropical country with duffle bags of US dollars.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

One average, most Americans don’t pay income taxes. So those of us who do have to pay a lot more.
View Quote

I write the IRS checks four times a year.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL! 18.6% inflation over a three year period. We’re just fine and dandy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We don't have the money. That federal budget is quite a bit on the deficit side and as for strategically weakening Russia?
They still have 100% of the one thing they can threaten us with.
View Quote

The Fed could snap their fingers and forgive much of that debt tomorrow. But we'd see runaway inflation. It's a balancing act factoring in debt, printing money, inflation, interest rates and expanding or shrinking the economy because inflation/deflation depends on supply, demand and how much money is in circulation. The size of the economy can be predicted by interest rates because no one invests in a new business if interest rates are too high and if it's near 0 people make risky investments. There's much more to it than just the federal debt. There's GDP, and there's stimulating the economy too.

For instance, the Inflation Reduction Act spent $50 on boosting domestic chip production.
https://www.globalxetfs.com/inflation-reduction-act-and-chips-act-likely-to-build-more-momentum-for-u-s-infrastructure/
We found out we're relying on Taiwan for that too much. That investment will boost our debt but also improve our GDP and in a strategic way. And $50 billion (about the same we're giving to Ukraine annually) is only 1% of our federal budget.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

That last graph is at best 5+ year old data since it ends ~2018. Current data:

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Except at this point we now know Russia is a paper tiger, they ain't rolling into Poland
View Quote

I wish that were truly the case.  They aren't 10' tall like we made them out to be in the 80's, but the reason UA needs Armament from the outside is that Russia is still capable, even if indifferent to casualty rates.  There's no guarantee they wouldn't lick their wounds and head west again.  They need to dissuaded from that, preferably permanently.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What you just showed is that the US.owes more than we produce in a year. You do realize  how bad that is, don't you?
View Quote

I dunno. Ask Japan, China, and Europe how bad it is for them because they're in the same boat. Seems to me they're doing ok, and not quite as good as us. Or ask the Fed and with their Harvard and Yale degrees they will say it's fine. They're doing it on purpose. I'm 43 years old and I've been hearing about the national debt for 30+ years, every time the opposition party takes control of Congress (doesn't matter which party).

Meanwhile our yearly interest on the national debt is 2.5% of GDP (or 20% of the federal budget, and lower than the defense budget) and it was actually higher than that in the 1990s. $60 billion to Ukraine is a drop in the proverbial bucket.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Maybe they should try ammoseek
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top