BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/17/2024 9:24:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Just the pictures of it looks horrible. If they wanted it to do better they should have shown some more skin.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I had no idea that's what this movie was about.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the problem is that the movie trailers do not give you an idea of what this movie is about. Is there an evil Spider-Man? Is Madame with superhero? Is this an alien space invasion, sci-fi, movie? A horror movie? A psychological thriller?

Did a very bad job advertising it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Simple it's about there being Spider MAN movies
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14563/IMG_0100-3131972.jpghttps://nypost.com/2024/02/13/entertainment/madame-web-review-swat-this-terrible-movie/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_76M4c4LTo

This movie even did worse than Moebius.  I guess Sony has rights to Spider man characters, except for spider man, which they share. It may be the worst box office and rotten tomato score for a marvel character movie. The star of the movie said she didn't watch the Final Cut

For some reason they chose an obscure character as a center piece of a movie about four female spider man related characters. Madam Web is a blind old lady in a wheelchair who can see the future really. In the movie she's a younger woman who can walk and see.

The whole thing sounds like a Babylon Bee article.

View Quote

Grown men watching comic book movies sounds like a Babylon Bee article.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
does sweeney show her boobs?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I watched Morbius in a plane for lack of any other options. It wasn’t great but their are worse movies in the stupid “marvel universe”, I don’t get why it got such derision.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]
This DEI shit must end. Spider man is a MAN.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just the pictures of it looks horrible. If they wanted it to do better they should have shown some more skin.
View Quote

It looks like a lot of character development with group girl talking. And seeing into the future. And a big 'P' coming at one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had no idea that's what this movie was about.
View Quote

Consensus.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Fact: People are sick of woke and are rejecting it.

Don't ban me bro.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Sony’s agreement with Marvel is that they have to make a movie about the characters they’ve licensed every X years (I don’t know what the number is off the top of my head) or the movie rights revert back to Marvel… So Sony pumps out trash “content” movies with decent actors to keep their license intact and reset the timer on it.

The big exception is the Tom Holland Spider Man movies; those were created in conjunction with Marvel to support the Avengers franchise, and those movies were excellent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I figured this would be a movie like Moulin Rouge by the title.  Disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I mean, it looks bloody TERRIBLE, just like all the other Spider-Man spin off movies.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Young women in general aren't real interested in super heroine movies and young men have no interest at all in "man hater gurl power" movies.

It's about knowing your audience.  They keep producing a product for an audience that does not exist while trying to push an agenda.

Want women to go see it, make it about a princess doing princess shit.  Make it about a cute animated animal with its cute friends.  Make it about a girl finding her one true love.  Make it about a zany adventure trying to recover her lost cell phone.  Make it about shit women are interested in and then understand that men will still have no interest but will likely be dragged to see it by their girlfriend.

If I have a product to sell I want to aim for the biggest broadest market I possibly can, not some small limited portion of the market.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There's even bigger outrage over Miles Morales, a black spider man. The animated movies starring Morales are pretty good. For all the bitching about Morales and race changing spider man I think he's one of the more decent characters. He's a good boy with  good parents.
View Quote

Black-Hispanic and yeah, the spiderverse movies have been good.

Far better than I expected.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think the problem is that the movie trailers do not give you an idea of what this movie is about. Is there an evil Spider-Man? Is Madame with superhero? Is this an alien space invasion, sci-fi, movie? A horror movie? A psychological thriller?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sony probably figured that if you followed the comics, you already know that Madame Web was a supporting character for Spiderman.

Quoted:
does sweeney show her boobs?

Hasn't that already happened a lot?

Quoted:
Young women in general aren't real interested in super heroine movies and young men have no interest at all in "man hater gurl power" movies.

It's about knowing your audience.  They keep producing a product for an audience that does not exist while trying to push an agenda.

Want women to go see it, make it about a princess doing princess shit.  Make it about a cute animated animal with its cute friends.  Make it about a girl finding her one true love.  Make it about a zany adventure trying to recover her lost cell phone.  Make it about shit women are interested in and then understand that men will still have no interest but will likely be dragged to see it by their girlfriend.

If I have a product to sell I want to aim for the biggest broadest market I possibly can, not some small limited portion of the market.

Yes, just look at what happened with Barbie.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#23]
The Bridges of Spiderman County
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sony’s agreement with Marvel is that they have to make a movie about the characters they’ve licensed every X years (I don’t know what the number is off the top of my head) or the movie rights revert back to Marvel… So Sony pumps out trash “content” movies with decent actors to keep their license intact and reset the timer on it.

The big exception is the Tom Holland Spider Man movies; those were created in conjunction with Marvel to support the Avengers franchise, and those movies were excellent.
View Quote

Ah I've been wondering why this movie was made. That makes sense.

Same script writers as Morbius. Also explains why they didn't plough $200 billion + into this thing like most other superhero movies of the current era.

I've heard people say nice things about all sorts of horrible actors. I've never heard anyone say anything nice about Dakota Johnson other than she's kinda good looking.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's even bigger outrage over Miles Morales, a black spider man. The animated movies starring Morales are pretty good. For all the bitching about Morales and race changing spider man I think he's one of the more decent characters. He's a good boy with  good parents.

Some of the best animated films I've ever seen. Both in writing and quality of animation. Across the Spiderverse is mind blowing. One of only 2 movies I've seen in a theater twice. They probably killed a couple of animators making that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

They already tried race swapping him.  When i bought my ps5, it was bundled with some black spiderman game.  Apparently white spiderman is on vacation or retiring.  He pops up in the corner to give the black kid hints throughout the game, but doesnt really do anything to help when you're getting your ass beat by 50 bad guys.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Sony just trying to make some money off the success of the marvel avengers stuff and doing a bad job at it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Comics are devolving into super woke entertainment for trans/sad social rejects. My son has zero interest in comics and many of them I wouldn't let him read. He used to wear spider man t shirts and I'd say "Likes Spiderman shirts, hates Spiderman" He always laughed and said he watches some spider cartoon. He and his buddies are into Minecraft.

I was at a funeral years ago for an attorney who I knew and his sons were my age. One of the sons talked about how he remembered always taking the time to go into a bookstore so he could buy X Men comics. I mentioned that waiting for court one day and all the male lawyers and the judge my age said they remembered having X Men comics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comics are devolving into super woke entertainment for trans/sad social rejects. My son has zero interest in comics and many of them I wouldn't let him read. He used to wear spider man t shirts and I'd say "Likes Spiderman shirts, hates Spiderman" He always laughed and said he watches some spider cartoon. He and his buddies are into Minecraft.

I was at a funeral years ago for an attorney who I knew and his sons were my age. One of the sons talked about how he remembered always taking the time to go into a bookstore so he could buy X Men comics. I mentioned that waiting for court one day and all the male lawyers and the judge my age said they remembered having X Men comics.

Publicly wallowing in your own "trauma"* is the current thing for white women these days, so they probably thought this one would be a hit, but they neglected to account for the associated narcissism - these white women don't give shit about other people's stories.

It's mostly all just average bad shit that most people go through in life at one time or another.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Alien starred a heroine and is amongst the most popular movie franchises of all time.

What is the difference between woke heroines vs successful heroines?

You’d think with hundreds of millions of dollars on the line at least one dipshit would ask this question.  But that’s just one bigot’s opinion.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Publicly wallowing in your own "trauma"* is the current thing for white women these days, so they probably thought this one would be a hit, but they neglected to account for the associated narcissism - these white women don't give shit about other people's stories.

It's mostly all just average bad shit that most people go through in life at one time or another.
View Quote

Yeah I've noticed this too. This is a rather depressing era of history in a lot of ways. Seems to have left a lot of men looking forward to World War 3 just to see the people behind this get slaughtered by strategic nuclear bombardment of civilian targets.

I don't care who you are. Wallowing in your own narcissism cannot be written in a compelling manner.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They could have made a good spider man style action movie with one of the "spider-woman" type characters.
View Quote

Of which there are more than a few and some are well written and compelling characters.

But in the hands of these Shmucks they would have just made an unappealing mess.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There's a phrase that's something like "write yourself into it" where these gay, fucked up comic authors try to insert themselves into te story
View Quote

And they are usually about as subtle about it as a brick to the face.

Creepy writer ships himself with an underaged character

Stumbled upon this one last night.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Alien starred a heroine and is amongst the most popular movie franchises of all time.

You’d think with hundreds of millions of dollars on the line at least one dipshit would ask this question.  But that’s just one bigot’s opinion.
View Quote

The Hero(ine)'s Journey is the difference.

Trash like Wonder Woman where she just has to blink in slow motion and all her problems explode. Spider Man and Ripley and the good heroes/heroines had to go through hell to become a hero. And in Spider Man's case, he received the power kind of out of nowhere but the responsibility of it was reinforced through the loss of (spoilers! j/k) his beloved uncle Ben, which haunts him constantly.

It's the difference between a movie with emotional and grounded relevance and ... content.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about the source material.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Did they advertise it at all? I only heard about it because this roasting vid popped up in utube.

He says the writers suck and the director is a woman who has failed at most of what she's done.

Madame Web - A Hilarious DISASTER
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Hero(ine)'s Journey is the difference.

Trash like Wonder Woman where she just has to blink in slow motion and all her problems explode. Spider Man and Ripley and the good heroes/heroines had to go through hell to become a hero. And in Spider Man's case, he received the power kind of out of nowhere but the responsibility of it was reinforced through the loss of (spoilers! j/k) his beloved uncle Ben, which haunts him constantly.

It's the difference between a movie with emotional and grounded relevance and ... content.
View Quote

The first Wonder Woman was very successful though, as was the first Captain Marvel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The first Wonder Woman was very successful though, as was the first Captain Marvel.
View Quote

The first Captain Marvel was coasting on the success of Avengers. As for the first Wonder Woman movie I would say that was successful due to an unusual combination of factors. Which they clearly did not even try to replicate in the second one. The story in that was a completely unfocused, disjointed mess of "hey wouldn't this look cool?" Scribbles in Patty Jenkins notebooks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fact: People are sick of woke and are rejecting it.

Don't ban me bro.
View Quote

While agree, I think muddled plots, unrelateable characters, and the inability to tell a compelling story all play a part in these failures.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
it was reinforced through the loss of (spoilers! j/k) his beloved uncle Ben, which haunts him constantly.
View Quote

Parts of GD when they learn that there are a whole slew of spinoff Spider-characters running around, not due to DEI, but because companies like to milk and exploit their successes and monetize demographics they haven't hit yet:

I haven't heard good things about the movie yet, but given it's a Sony film (without Disney/Marvel holding their hands), I won't be surprised if it just plain sucks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never understood the popularity.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The first Captain Marvel was coasting on the success of Avengers. As for the first Wonder Woman movie I would say that was successful due to an unusual combination of factors. Which they clearly did not even try to replicate in the second one. The story in that was a completely unfocused, disjointed mess of "hey wouldn't this look cool?" Scribbles in Patty Jenkins notebooks.
View Quote

People say that about Captain Marvel but also forget that Ant Man and the Wasp was released only a few months after Infinity War and it didn't make $1B.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree. Captain Marvel was just okay, but visually a good flick and I like Brie when she's acting (she's a total you IRL). WW was successful probably due to hype and the fact that Gal Gadot is stunning.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

The biggest examples of successful heroines in movies Ive found where all written like men but played by women, Ripley and Sarah Conner, both have super pragmatic logical thought processes. The original script of Alien Ripley was actually a man but they decided to cast it with a woman. The only thing overtly female in both was motherly protective instinct of their children. Besides that I struggle to think of a successful movie heroine that operates totally on female emotion. Didn't hurt that both franchises were written, produced,  and directed to perfection by two of the top action filmmakers of all time. Slapping shit together and making them women and gay is superficial and bound to fail.

Side note Sidney Sweeney has the current A list star's perfect set of tits on the planet.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Race to the dump

Madame Webb vs the Marvels

the best thing about the Marvels is the 1 minute of Kelsey Grammer as the Beast
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

People say that about Captain Marvel but also forget that Ant Man and the Wasp was released only a few months after Infinity War and it didn't make $1B.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*shrug* there could be valid reasons. People waiting for Endgame after that huge cliffhanger, plus summer...

I personally have enjoyed all the Ant Man flicks. Even Quantumania was pretty cool.

I do think that unless there's a shift or Deadpool & Wolverine can resurrect superhero movies... Superhero fatigue may be setting in after all this time. To think that after the first few Marvel movies (Iron Man, Thor, etc.) I was already worried about the fatigue element because I really wanted them to fulfill the promise of the full Thanos/Infinity War story. And did they ever.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Her origin story is the wildest one yet: She gains her superpowers (spider-like abilities and the power to summon a protective exoskeleton) when she is caught in a gang war between two mystical clans that hang out in Brooklyn, as mystical clans do.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top