Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/5/2024 12:32:30 AM EDT
It’s approximately 10pm at night.

You become aware of a loud car noise, a lot closer than it should be to your house. You look down out the dining room windows at your driveway which is right to your house and see an out-of-state (license plate doesn’t match your states format) hatchback idling there.

It belongs to no one that you know.

From your vantage point, the minimum three occupants are all focused on their cellphones (all of which are at the charging screen), while their radio glows in multiple colors.

A military age melanated male exits the vehicle from the front starboard side and goes around to the front of your house. Minutes later, he returns and re-enters the vehicle. The vehicle is turned completely off. Shortly thereafter, a military age melanated male exits the rear starboard door and goes around to the front of your house. He returns several minutes later, and all 3 (possibly 4) vehicle occupants stare at the charging screen of their cellular phones.

The vehicle powers up and exits loudly into the road. Total time on your property is approximately 15-30 minutes.

Assuming you were not expecting late night company and did not recognize the vehicle or its occupants, how would you handle this situation? Approach? Observe while armed? Take a defensive position while calling in local law enforcement?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That time of night, me and the neighbors would be getting some long pig ready for the weekend roast.

In Fortnite.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm missing key details.
Are you in the country or are you in the burbs? Did you have big dogs to release and didn't?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Throw a grenade, obviously.

They were probably there for Pokemon Battle anyways.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Undress.  Stand in window.  Stare at them.  Stroke mah dick.

Establishing dominance, one creepy jagoff session at a time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm missing key details.
Are you in the country or are you in the burbs? Did you have big dogs to release and didn't?
View Quote

Suburbs outside of the downtown. Not a SUPER high crime area, not since the local police Did The Needful a few years ago, much to the chagrin of the local faggot liberal judges, DAs, and city leaders.

Large dog died about 4 years ago, will be replaced with another elderly guard dog in 2025.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I certainly would be sitting on my ass for 30 minutes
Nor would they be on my property for 30 minutes
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
What do you mean by "charging screen" of their phones?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What do you mean by "charging screen" of their phones?
View Quote

Plug in a low-powered Android phone and observe the screen that appears before the phone is powered enough for use.

From your vantage point, you can see that all of their phones are so low-powered as to be unusable despite charging. This strikes you as odd.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Is Pokémon Go still a thing?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#10]
They peed on your front door.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:42:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Turn on exterior lights if they arent. Could turn off and back on if they are. Call police, hit em with a bright ass flashlight, packing of course, probably low ready, or inhand behind my leg.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Observe while armed.  It's too easy to have google maps put you in the wrong location, and that's likely why they were looking at their phones.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I would obviously blade myself to 45° and forcibly repeat… YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME!  YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY FIREARM…

ETA: in all seriousness… in they were in my driveway coming up to the front of my house(front door) multiple times and I wasn’t expecting someone… I’d be armed and call the police.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Where I'm at in BFE, call to sheriff and observe while armed. At night in deep rural areas this kind
of behavior is a pretty big red flag. The post above about turning on exterior lights is a good one,
the only time this has happened to me in the past five years turning on the lights resulted in
the vehicle departing at an unsafe speed.

I think even in the city my reaction would be the same unless I lived in an apartment complex.

While there's a plausible innocent explanation for this, it's far from the only explanation and people
can charge phones and look up maps just fine parked on the side of the street.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Were they driving a boat?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where I'm at in BFE, call to sheriff and observe while armed. At night in deep rural areas this kind
of behavior is a pretty big red flag. The post above about turning on exterior lights is a good one,
the only time this has happened to me in the past five years turning on the lights resulted in
the vehicle departing at an unsafe speed.

I think even in the city my reaction would be the same unless I lived in an apartment complex.

While there's a plausible innocent explanation for this, it's far from the only explanation and people
can charge phones and look up maps just fine parked on the side of the street.
View Quote

Your front porch light was on. Rear motion light was powered but not triggered by motion. All your doors were locked and deadbolted.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Plug in a low-powered Android phone and observe the screen that appears before the phone is powered enough for use.

From your vantage point, you can see that all of their phones are so low-powered as to be unusable despite charging. This strikes you as odd.
View Quote

They were attempting to de-auth any wifi/BT cameras or other security devices from your network.

Most cameras take a bit to come back online from network removal, gives turds like that enough time for entry.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Fenix TK-30.

Fenix TK 30 White Laser Flashlight Review and Field Test

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm missing key details.
View Quote

This. Are you in the middle of fucking nowhere? They were probably pissing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#20]
There’s way too much watching and waiting.
I’ve got about 90 secs patience in this situation.

The dogs would be fun to watch once let out…
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm missing key details.

If +3 people are pissing in their hatchback at the same time, that is more of a violation than anything that could be done to them with a firearm or blade. It also shows how utterly retarded they are, since the driveway they chose for their communal pissing event is less than a quarter mile from a 24hr gas station in any direction.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well I certainly would be sitting on my ass for 30 minutes
Nor would they be on my property for 30 minutes
View Quote

30 minutes is a bit long for sure. 3 minutes maybe. I have a very long driveway. People especially drunks confuse it for a road. Normally they pull up, see their error and leave. 2 times I've had some knock. I leave the backdoor circle around from the deck and talk to them from the shadows. Even once had a deputy get lost. Same thing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Armed and from cover I would shine a flashlight on them and tell them to get the fuck off my property.
Unless of course I knew them.  I live very rural.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Your front porch light was on. Rear motion light was powered but not triggered by motion. All your doors were locked and deadbolted.
View Quote

Same deal, call LE and observe while armed. Where I'm at LE response time for that kind of call is probably going to
be an hour or more (county the size of NJ, probably less than a dozen deputies on duty at 10PM.) I'd probably flip the
outside light off and on a couple times to indicate the house is occupied.

Anything they do that breaches the house or involves tampering with property is going escalate the situation a lot.
Leaving won't.

Again, rural rules will be different than the city. Reactions during the day and night will vary a lot as well,
and since anyone outside the house blew past the no trespassing signs their presence is immediately
suspicious. I've had a couple weird daytime encounters here that were probably innocent but still had an awful
lot of red flags.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I would drop my pants, bend over, and stretch me arsehole in their direction
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I would do as many barrel rolls as it took to get from my front door to their car.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:10:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Outdoor stereo speakers would start playing Ride of the Valkyries really loud
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#28]
CATEGORY:

What are slingshots for… for $10.

What are Laser Pointers …for $20

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Call dispatch and have them send a marked unit to my residence.

If I’m really motivated, follow when they leave and have OSP stop them.

If I’m really, really motivated, get my K-9 Unit involved for a free air sniff.

Options, it’s all about options.

18Z50
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:36:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Dance a vis laser around for a few seconds on the ground or trees where they could see it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#31]
The last part.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:43:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't turn on any lights.  If they have bad intent I would rather they think I'm asleep.  I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Grabbing the rifle with thermal, going out the back, scanning the field for flanking forces then observing the trespassers to determine intent.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They were attempting to de-auth any wifi/BT cameras or other security devices from your network.

Most cameras take a bit to come back online from network removal, gives turds like that enough time for entry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This sounds like the most plausible explanation.  

Been to the gunstore lately that someone could have followed you home and marked you for a home invasion?  

I would definitely call the cops, observe while armed.  

Here in AZ, my backyard has a six foot view fence.  Behind me is a walking path, it's about 3 or 4 feet lower in elevation.  Beyond that is one of the few remaining hay fields in our area.  I woke up one morning around 0100 to the sound of a vehicle in the edge of the field behind me.  I grabbed my phone and pulled up my backyard camera just in time to see the pickup stop, three guys get out, and they all come walking across the green space, and directly to my section of the fence, where they disappeared from view due to the elevation difference.

I called the police and kitted up then observed from a dark room.  They arrived pretty damned quick, 5 minutes-ish.  Outcome was no more strange trucks full of strange men approaching my back fence at 0100.    

I don't know if it's related, but I have hunted scorpions on that back wall for a couple of years, and always get anywhere from a handful to a dozen.  Since then, I've been out last fall, and gone out a couple times this spring and seen NONE so far.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#35]
"Melanated male"

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:58:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Rifle comes out of closet, exterior lights get flicked off then back on, discreetly observe and take down plate,  and vehicle description.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:39:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Armed and from cover I would shine a flashlight on them and tell them to get the fuck off my property.
Unless of course I knew them.  I live very rural.
View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:26:07 AM EDT
[#40]
I would send my mini drone up and out from the bunker vent. Disable its nav lights and have it recce the fuck out of them in NV mode as I reheated my 7 11 nachos and read the final report.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:44:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Fire two blasts from my shotgun into the air above their car, like Crazy Uncle Joe told me to.

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#43]
so, no security lighting?

1000 watts of light is usually enough to drive off most night creatures...........
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:21:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Observe while armed.  Probably just a mistaken address situation but you never know.

ETA: I was going to post a story similar to this, along similar lines, which happened to me a few days ago, in the "Ayoob says you should carry a gun at home" thread.  But I deleted the post because that thread is a complete shit show.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Did not read the entire thread. Did anyone mention turning on your floodlights?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:01:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:03:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Go into full lockdown mode since they would have had to bypass my bump gate to get a piece of shit car down the driveway. Most likely trun all the exterior lights on from the house and get the flashlight out and walk over to them if they didn't leave and tell them to get the fuck out.

Calling the cops would be a gigantic waste of time. Some couldn't find my house, a numer wouldn't have a truck to get through the bump gate, some wouldn't know how to operate a the gate. It would probably take half an hour for anyone to get here, maybe. At night I think they have one guy on duty and he's at the office.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's approximately 10pm at night.

You become aware of a loud car noise, a lot closer than it should be to your house. You look down out the dining room windows at your driveway which is right to your house and see an out-of-state (license plate doesn't match your states format) hatchback idling there.

It belongs to no one that you know.

From your vantage point, the minimum three occupants are all focused on their cellphones (all of which are at the charging screen), while their radio glows in multiple colors.

A military age melanated male exits the vehicle from the front starboard side and goes around to the front of your house. Minutes later, he returns and re-enters the vehicle. The vehicle is turned completely off. Shortly thereafter, a military age melanated male exits the rear starboard door and goes around to the front of your house. He returns several minutes later, and all 3 (possibly 4) vehicle occupants stare at the charging screen of their cellular phones.

The vehicle powers up and exits loudly into the road. Total time on your property is approximately 15-30 minutes.

Assuming you were not expecting late night company and did not recognize the vehicle or its occupants, how would you handle this situation? Approach? Observe while armed? Take a defensive position while calling in local law enforcement?
View Quote
Approach with my CCW holstered and concealed hence CCW, with a spare mag. Approach with genuine curiosity and concern - why are you here.

id have approached immediately. The second they pulled in and stopped.

wtf?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Shine the kitty laser on there rear/ side view mirrors, observe and possibly record their reactions.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Double tap
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top