Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2023 8:52:57 AM EDT
I’m planning a backpacking trip and would like to bring my bump helmet and NV along to do some hiking at night, I’m most likely going to get a mystery ranch stick it to carry my helmet on the pack during the day. But my concern is that I think a lot of backpacking packs will interfere with the back of my helmet when wearing it and the pack. I currently have a mystery ranch 2DAP and the top of the pack sits low enough where it doesn’t interfere with my helmet but the pack is on the smaller side and I don’t think I’ll be able to carry everything I need. I’m looking at the mystery ranch Terraframe 50 but I can’t tell if the pack is gonna be too tall. I’m wanting to get something around the 50 liter range but am having a hard time finding something that will work. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe take the helmet to a store and try on the pack while wearing it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have many hours of mountain terrain night hiking with a frame pack and a crye nightcap. Even with a counterweight I never had issues with bumping my pack. Also stows very compact.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:06:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#3]
nvm...NVGs

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve tried but there aren’t any stores local to me that carry these kinds of packs that are a reasonable driving distance
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:42:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chudwick] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MemeWarfare:
I have many hours of mountain terrain night hiking with a frame pack and a crye nightcap. Even with a counterweight I never had issues with bumping my pack. Also stows very compact.

View Quote

I forgot about the nightcap, what pack do you use?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top