User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 94
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:58:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov]
Get over it, post all your bitching about ammo availability and prices here.
And for those of you that have jumped the reloading bandwagon, yes, that is getting expensive and hard to find components too!

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Page ownage.

Using ammoseek for 9mm and the prices range from $220 - $250, but after inserting the information the total cost is closer to $300.
One had a $70 shipping cost.

Looks like I am definitely waiting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By --bullseye--:

Shoot, not a deal then. Thanks for checking.
View Quote

I did send them an e-mail. Originally they stated there was no issue.

Long story short (after a few e-mails back/forth), they did call and said there was an issue as they are modifying their interface.
Even though the coupon was expired, they would still honor it.....yeah!!!!, but not going to exclude the shipping....booo!!!!!

Said it is no longer a deal and opted not to purchase it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]

You might be able to find some slightly cheaper reloads/remans with the ammoseek link.

If you want factory ammo I think this would probably be cheapest (free shipping over $200 currently, automatically applied at checkout): https://www.outdoorlimited.com/armscor-38-special-ammunition-50449-158-grain-full-metal-jacket-pack-of-500-rounds/

Followed by this (free shipping over $200): https://www.sgammo.com/product/38-special-ammo/500-round-can-38-special-132-grain-fmj-pmc-ammo-38g-packed-m19a1-canister
View Quote

Thanks, I'm going to use sgammo then.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JThompson:
Page ownage.

Using ammoseek for 9mm and the prices range from $220 - $250, but after inserting the information the total cost is closer to $300.
One had a $70 shipping cost.

Looks like I am definitely waiting.
View Quote

You need to use the narrow search function. Try this 25 cpr shipped
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger?ca=brass&co=new&sh=lowest
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tstorms:

You need to use the narrow search function. Try this 25 cpr shipped
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger?ca=brass&co=new&sh=lowest
View Quote

Thanks, still best I can find is about $275 shipped.
Fingers crossed for another price drop or two which I do hope happens soon.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Natchezss at it again.

New code out today for free shipping, but no discounted price.
Guess what, the prices is the same as previous.

Well, actually more because when entering in the code, it returns "Error, code is invalid."
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#7]
So basically, you are no better off with their pricing it remains within a few dollars the same without shipping
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
AAC (owned by JJE who also owns PSA) just launched their 40gr Vmax version of their own 5.7x28mm loading :D  $29.99/50.
AAC 5.7 40gr Vmax
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By trekgod3:

Just shot 100 rounds of this zincpoint 223 last week. Ran perfectly,  grouped great, zero problems or malfunctions.  I keep checking their website daily , hoping they'll restock
View Quote

Hey, thanks for the update and mini review. That is nicely reassuring.

I was looking at the headstamps but was baffled. There is an "A" at 11 o'clock, "USA" at 1 o'clock and "223 REM"
at the 6 o'clock area but I don't know who the manufacturer is.

Is it Zinc Point and their "Still American" (A for American?) brand or something else? It doesn't seem like they
are a manufacturer but just a distributor only.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I googled, zincpoint is the manufacturer of Still
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]

I might be wrong, but it looks like prices are somewhat stabilizing (which will all change in Nov 2024), can you post pre Covid prices?
Keep up the good work, really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else receive the e-mail for a 1,000s of PMC for $219???
Awesome price.
Only $67 for shipping!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone else receive the e-mail for a 1,000s of PMC for $219???
Awesome price.
Only $67 for shipping!!!!!!!!
View Quote

No, care to shear the link?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wtwining:

I might be wrong, but it looks like prices are somewhat stabilizing (which will all change in Nov 2024), can you post pre Covid prices?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I would assume those spikes are from UK war starting and Buffalo/Uvalde shooting?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

I would assume those spikes are from UK war starting and Buffalo/Uvalde shooting?
View All Quotes

The inbound price hikes for 2024 are going to be ridiculous
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Oppressor:

I was looking at the headstamps but was baffled. There is an "A" at 11 o'clock, "USA" at 1 o'clock and "223 REM"

Is it Zinc Point and their "Still American" (A for American?) brand or something else? It doesn't seem like they
View Quote

Chances are they are using someone else's cases and loading it at there facility.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dee_NY:

View All Quotes

I assumed just the typical hikes around the election…is there something else I’m missing for why 2024 is going to bring crazy price hikes?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#18]
If in doubt, buy it cheap (now, while it's still available) before it gets even higher. same for primers and powder if you reload.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
If in doubt, buy it cheap (now, while it's still available) before it gets even higher. same for primers and powder if you reload.
View Quote

This. It probably isn't going to get cheaper fellas.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:09:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTHP] [#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trekgod3:

Just shot 100 rounds of this zincpoint 223 last week. Ran perfectly,  grouped great, zero problems or malfunctions.  I keep checking their website daily , hoping they'll restock

Might want to watch this before buying zincpoint ammo.
There are other vids of it doing the grenade too.
The Ammo that Blew Up in my Face
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#21]

No, care to shear the link?
View Quote

It was via Sentry Ammo
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

I assumed just the typical hikes around the election…is there something else I’m missing for why 2024 is going to bring crazy price hikes?
View All Quotes

Well the war in UK probably isn't going to end anytime soon, so for now demand and prices are still very high. Components are also in short supply according to manufactures and that's not going to change anytime soon. So if prices are going to level out where they are now for say all of 2023, what will 2024 look like, especially as we get closer and closer to the election.

Yeah, will see the typical price gouging and panic buying, but to what extent. Just how bad is the election year going to impact the market? I can see this one being just as bad if not worse then the Clinton's and OB elections. The idea of 4 more years of the insanity we have witnessed thus far, inflation, division, uncertainty, draconian ideology in every facet of our lives, and the blood lust from the left to control and change this country forever is quite evident.

To what extent will that affect supply, demand and prices, well will see soon enough...

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]

It was via Sentry Ammo
View Quote

Good deal, unfortunately it looks like the sale is over now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Well the war in UK probably isn't going to end anytime soon, so for now demand and prices are still very high. Components are also in short supply according to manufactures and that's not going to change anytime soon. So if prices are going to level out where they are now for say all of 2023, what will 2024 look like, especially as we get closer and closer to the election.

Yeah, will see the typical price gouging and panic buying, but to what extent. Just how bad is the election year going to impact the market? I can see this one being just as bad if not worse then the Clinton's and OB elections. The idea of 4 more years of the insanity we have witnessed thus far, inflation, division, uncertainty, draconian ideology in every facet of our lives, and the blood lust from the left to control and change this country forever is quite evident.

To what extent will that affect supply, demand and prices, well will see soon enough...

View Quote

Good points…sounds like I need to buy some more 9mm!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#25]
On Ammoseek the last few months "Pro Armory" shows awesome prices, but they look too awesome.

Is this place GTG?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Macchina:
On Ammoseek the last few months "Pro Armory" shows awesome prices, but they look too awesome.

Is this place GTG?
View Quote

Curious about this, as well…

Also, wondering about “Officer Store”.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Macchina:

View Quote

What prices are you looking at?
They are selling CCI Blazer 9mm Luger 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket for $299 before shipping and tax.
This is the same ammo everyone else is selling for around $250 or so.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#28]

What prices are you looking at?
They are selling CCI Blazer 9mm Luger 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket for $299 before shipping and tax.
This is the same ammo everyone else is selling for around $250 or so.
View Quote

They are always near the top of Ammoseek if you search 5.56/223.  $0.295 per round for 5.56.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Not sure if this is true for Pro Armory, but a lot of the sites on Ammoseek post prices that seem to good to be true - i.e. .28 per round for PMC.  You end up adding a bunch to your cart, set up an account with a password, input all of your info and then get to the last screen where they inform you that they want to charge $80 to ship the stuff to you.  I find there are generally three or four places I keep coming back to - SG Ammo, PSA (their AAC ammo is the tits), sometimes Midway for IMI, occasionally LAX.  Probably forgetting a couple of others.  Not a fan of most of these sites.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Pippinone:
Not sure if this is true for Pro Armory, but a lot of the sites on Ammoseek post prices that seem to good to be true - i.e. .28 per round for PMC.  You end up adding a bunch to your cart, set up an account with a password, input all of your info and then get to the last screen where they inform you that they want to charge $80 to ship the stuff to you.  I find there are generally three or four places I keep coming back to - SG Ammo, PSA (their AAC ammo is the tits), sometimes Midway for IMI, occasionally LAX.  Probably forgetting a couple of others.  Not a fan of most of these sites.
View Quote

Pretty much this, you have to fill out all the info just to find out they have a cap on how much you can buy, then you learn they charge tax, along with an insurance fee and then you get slapped in the face with the insane shipping fee, lol... absolutely NUTZ... I have to say I've been pretty lucky in finding 9mm from anywhere btw 300 - 250 delivered since the beginning of 2022, lower prices most recent of course. I try to make my purchase during holiday sales to get the best possible deals, buy in large bulk if possible and make it last until the next holiday.

I also tend to stick to brands I know and trust, big fan of IMI, Win Nato, Federal, PMC/CCI, Freedom Munitions, and have also recently used the Igman, and Magtech all in 124 grain without any issues whatsoever, in fact I just recently went through a case each of the Ig and MagT and can happily report they were GTG. As for all the other brands mentioned here, I unfortunately have no experience them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Blain:
45 cents per round shipped for full power M193!

https://www.velocityammosales.com/products/5-56-nato-winchester-m193-55-grain-fmj-case
View Quote

Not a great price
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Not a great price
View Quote

Really? PMC 55gr 5.56 at $440/k shipped has been about as good as I've seen recently - where are you finding better?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Really? PMC 55gr 5.56 at $440/k shipped has been about as good as I've seen recently - where are you finding better?
View Quote

You don't unless it's .223.  Poster doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, PMC had the lowest velocity of all the 55 grain 5.56 loads I tested.  Not even close to M193 spec.  It's like an inbetween 223 and 5.56.

After seeing that I would never buy it again.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Also, PMC had the lowest velocity of all the 55 grain 5.56 loads I tested.  Not even close to M193 spec.  It's like an inbetween 223 and 5.56.

View All Quotes

Funny, I'm actually down to my last case of PMC, and can definitely use some more, but not at those prices... I hear what your saying about it being under powered, nothing near xm193 of course, but it does just fine for range work, at least in my experience. In fact, if memory serves correctly, my oldest daughter was hitting targets out to 400-500 yards with PMC at a West point shoot back in say, 2010. Now with that said, is it possibly that the older PMC 223 was loaded at higher pressures in comparison to what's being manufactured today, in a post Covid world? I have no idea, however I do know when it comes to choosing ammo, it is most certainly mission driven like everything else, you need the right tools for the right job.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Oh really? Look for it yourself then,its out there.

55 grain is practice plinking ammo for me,no need for m193 velocity.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Please get your arguments out of here, especially those fussing about the prices of those posting links no matter what you feel about them. Or post links yourselves if you think you can do one up instead of petty arguments over yesteryears cheaper ammo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:35:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#38]

View All Quotes

So there you have it, you want to buy .223 because its the cheapest plinking ammo then fine.

For those who want serious duty M193, that is the best price you can get.  If you've seen my ammo tests you know that I know the best m193 clones out there.  

If all you need is .223 Aquilla for plinking, then stick to that.  Don't see the relevance in you bad mouthing the cheapest available M193 spec ammo around though?

Seriously, that's like someone posting a great deal on federal fusion and you popping up with "I can get x brand soft points from uganda for cheaper!"

Funny, I'm actually down to my last case of PMC, and can definitely use some more, but not at those prices... I hear what your saying about it being under powered, nothing near xm193 of course, but it does just fine for range work, at least in my experience. In fact, if memory serves correctly, my oldest daughter was hitting targets out to 400-500 yards with PMC at a West point shoot back in say, 2010. Now with that said, is it possibly that the older PMC 223 was loaded at higher pressures in comparison to what's being manufactured today, in a post Covid world? I have no idea, however I do know when it comes to choosing ammo, it is most certainly mission driven like everything else, you need the right tools for the right job.

That's awesome news about your daughter, props to raising her right!  As an aside, I've shot 62 grain federal 223 fusion (under powered compared to even 55 grain 223) out to 600 yards and was scoring hits on a man sized target.  So one can stretch out far with even anemic 223 loads.

I think PMC fake m193 clone is over priced for what it is.  I also think it is deceptive / quasi false advertising since they market it as a m193 clone when it def is not.  It is usually the cheapest 55 grain "5.56 spec" (NOT m193 spec though) load out there, but I personally would rather pay a couple cents more per round for true m193 spec ammo.

I also like to practice with what I'd be likely to use for real, and for basically a negligable price difference, I see no reason to get the underpowered fake immitation stuff.

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#39]
AU has cases of Magtech/CBC 5.56 M193 for $400

$435 shipped/case to me via UPS, no tax. Seems like a good deal. 337 cases in stock. Cheaper on shipping to order cases separately, FYI.

Link
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
AU has cases of Magtech/CBC 5.56 M193 for $400

$435 shipped/case to me via UPS, no tax. Seems like a good deal. 337 cases in stock. Cheaper on shipping to order cases separately, FYI.

Link
View Quote

They must be a west coast company.  Shipping of one case to me on the east was $73....
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#41]

They must be a west coast company.  Shipping of one case to me on the east was $73....
View Quote

Las Vegas, NV. Shipping to UT was $35.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I get taxed $33 and $72 shipping to PA.
But a good starting price. Hopefullt others offer it for that price with better shipping
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 5:36:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackmore] [#43]
This weekend, Velocity Ammo has 1K Blazer Brass 124 gr. 9mm for $259.99 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Is this a good deal. Federal XM193 Rifle Ammunition 5.56mm 55 gr FMJ 3165 fps 500/ct Case (25-20/ct Boxes)
free shipping ended up being 46 cpr for me with tax.  Are we off of Federal? I did just buy some IMI M193 but it's 7 cpr more.  

Attachment Attached File

https://www.natchezss.com/federal-xm193-rifle-ammunition-556mm-55-gr-fmj-3165-fps-500ct-case-25-20ct-boxes
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Good ammo. Price is decent.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TheKurnal:
Is this a good deal. Federal XM193 Rifle Ammunition 5.56mm 55 gr FMJ 3165 fps 500/ct Case (25-20/ct Boxes)
free shipping ended up being 46 cpr for me with tax.  Are we off of Federal? I did just buy some IMI M193 but it's 7 cpr more.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420365/Screenshot_2023-02-18_211042_jpg-2716684.JPG

https://www.natchezss.com/federal-xm193-rifle-ammunition-556mm-55-gr-fmj-3165-fps-500ct-case-25-20ct-boxes
View Quote

Seems like one of the better prices in the current 5.56 market, especially for someone only looking to buy 500 rds (usually have to buy 1K to get it for that price). Seems like it's a penny or two cheaper per round than the PMC and Winchester 5.56 going around. Federal makes good ammo, I'm sure their 5.56 market volume is just decreasing because they lost the Lake City contract to Winchester. Wonder if this ammo is old stock Lake City (or at least some old stock LC components?) or if what's on the market is in-house Federal ammo now? If in-house I wonder if this would be the same "FC" brass they use on American Eagle .223 ammo?

At any rate, $0.42 per round shipped (with the coupon code) before tax is about the best I've seen for 5.56 pressure ammo right now, and is on par with a lot of brass .223 prices.

If you're just looking for brass .223 range ammo, I think the Igman .223 from Sportsman's Guide is probably the best deal going right now, especially if you play their Buyer's Club game (I think they have a free trial or sell a short term membership).
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Is Bucking Horse Outpost GTG?  They are having a decent sale with free shipping over $125.  $12 to insure your package, if you like to do that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#48]
Is Bucking Horse Outpost GTG?  They are having a decent sale with free shipping over $125.  $12 to insure your package, if you like to do that.
View All Quotes

Great to go!  I have placed three orders with them with no issues.  Def worth taking advantage of the free shipping, esp in combination with one of their ammo sales.

Originally Posted By TheKurnal:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420365/Screenshot_2023-02-18_211042_jpg-2716684.JPG

Seems like one of the better prices in the current 5.56 market, especially for someone only looking to buy 500 rds (usually have to buy 1K to get it for that price). Seems like it's a penny or two cheaper per round than the PMC and Winchester 5.56 going around. Federal makes good ammo, I'm sure their 5.56 market volume is just decreasing because they lost the Lake City contract to Winchester. Wonder if this ammo is old stock Lake City (or at least some old stock LC components?) or if what's on the market is in-house Federal ammo now? If in-house I wonder if this would be the same "FC" brass they use on American Eagle .223 ammo?

At any rate, $0.42 per round shipped (with the coupon code) before tax is about the best I've seen for 5.56 pressure ammo right now, and is on par with a lot of brass .223 prices.

If you're just looking for brass .223 range ammo, I think the Igman .223 from Sportsman's Guide is probably the best deal going right now, especially if you play their Buyer's Club game (I think they have a free trial or sell a short term membership).

I would avoid Sportsman's guide, I and others have had some really bad / shady experiences with them.  I would never buy from them again after what they did to me.

What do you mean Federal lost the Lake City contract to Winchester?  Aren't both companies owned by VISTA?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#49]

Great to go!  I have placed three orders with them with no issues.  Def worth taking advantage of the free shipping, esp in combination with one of their ammo sales.
View Quote

Sweet, sounds good!  Thanks @Blain
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#50]
What do you mean Federal lost the Lake City contract to Winchester?  Aren't both companies owned by VISTA?
View Quote

Winchester is owned by Olin, not Vista.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top