Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:12:50 PM EDT
I've had this design in my head for a while now and finally photoshopped it up tonight.  I got the Jolly Roger image from Wikipedia and the AK silhouette from the flag of Mozambique.
eta:  If you think you couud do a better job and want to give it a try, I have linked the images that I chopped above.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Make a sticker, and they will come........
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Make a sticker, and they will come........

Actually what I had in mind was my friend that has a screen printing shop or the local flag shop that does custom flags.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great. The only thing I would do is center it more evenly between the bottom and top and outline the ak on the right where it overlaps with the one on the left to distinguish them more, like the original one with swords but that would probably take a second to do. Cool pic
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks great. The only thing I would do is center it more evenly between the bottom and top and outline the ak on the right where it overlaps with the one on the left to distinguish them more, like the original one with swords but that would probably take a second to do. Cool pic

Done and done.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
might frame the skull better if the AK's were upside down with the mags curving upwards
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are doing it for print...you need to vectorize it in a program like Adobe Illustrator. It will have clean lines, versus pixels. Unless you are doing it very high resolution in Photoshop...it will look not as clean when printed.

P.S. Very cool though!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
might frame the skull better if the AK's were upside down with the mags curving upwards

Just tried it and it looks a little awkward.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are doing it for print...you need to vectorize it in a program like Adobe Illustrator. It will have clean lines, versus pixels. Unless you are doing it very high resolution in Photoshop...it will look not as clean when printed.

P.S. Very cool though!

I was gonna let my friend handle that.  He is a graphic designer and runs a screen printing and vinyl decal shop.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

P.S. Very cool though!

I was gonna let my friend handle that.  He is a graphic designer and runs a screen printing and vinyl decal shop.

Right on man. You're set!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a ferret skull with 2 crossed AK's behind it tattooed on my person.  *shrug*
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I see that logo selling very well on a tee shirt!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see that logo selling very well on a tee shirt!

This.

It's a bit rough still, but a bit o' cleanup would definitely make it a hot item.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a ferret skull with 2 crossed AK's behind it tattooed on my person.  *shrug*

That would be cool to see.

We have 4 ferrets here.  2 sables and 2 dark eyed almost white.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Made this one years ago.  Back when the current high tech AR stock was the 4-position CAR:

ETA: link to hi-res here
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool to see.

We have 4 ferrets here.  2 sables and 2 dark eyed almost white.  

Photobucket album of our collection of ferts

More or less that's the collection as it stands right now

I'll work on getting a pic of the tat.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Find a skull design that's a little more agressive.  The one shown looks too "happy."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Find a skull design that's a little more agressive.  The one shown looks too "happy."

I think the happy skull looks nice
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Made this one years ago.  Back when the current high tech AR stock was the 4-position CAR:

http://web.mst.edu/~ikellogg/gunpics/gadsden_new_small.jpg

The AK should be out front of the AR !!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That actually looks more like a VZ-58
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That actually looks more like a VZ-58

You know, I think you're right.  I made that when I was way back in college, before I actually, you know, held any gun besides my dad's Schmidt-Rubin.  I may have to make up a better version.

But I'm still in college, 10 years later, and I'm too busy finishing up my PhD.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top