Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2020 9:27:22 PM EDT
I just picked up my brand new Glock 43x and the top of the square part of the barrel already had wear marks on it. Is this normal? Don’t remember how to post images.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures would be helpful - use imgur then attach by clicking on the image icon (it looks like a mountain range in the reply options).

Some cosmetic wear on the barrel hood is perfectly normal, but not something I'd expect to see on a brand new gun. Usually happens after a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Glock switched their Gen5 to this new finish called nDLC. It seems to rub off really easy like how HK products are. That does not mean the protection is rubbing off and raw metal is exposed but rather that the outside coating that makes it pretty is.

I shot about 1.5k rounds out of my 19 gen5. The wear seems to settle much like how my HK pistol did after so many rounds.

Keep shooting.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just picked up my brand new Glock 43x and the top of the square part of the barrel already had wear marks on it. Is this normal? Don't remember how to post images.
View Quote
I picked up a new 43X yesterday and it had faint wear in the same spot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd recommend that you not look at the inside top of the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top