Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/9/2014 5:52:41 PM EDT
They also have the two tone and threaded barrel for $299.99.
NIB.
$15 shipping.
Xtra mags are $20.
PLUS there is an offer from Walther for a double mag pouch, extra mag, and holster for FREE with purchase.
Pretty good deal, I thought.  I bought one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Really good deal. I may jump on that
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my PPS but damn that PPX is ugly
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, I ordered one of these too.

Now, I need to watch out and make sure my FFL does not lose my sales receipt from CDNN which I assume I will need for the free mag deal.  

I like my FFL but the old dude is not the greatest at keeping the paperwork straight sometimes.  

So, what's the deal?  You need the original sales receipt and the serial number, I assume, to get the free mag.

Actually, the extra mags that CDNN is selling for this pistol are not outrageously priced either.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this. taste is subjective, but the PPX makes Hi-Points look attractive by comparison
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

this. taste is subjective, but the PPX makes Hi-Points look attractive by comparison
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a P99 and a PPQ M1 and M2...

I also have a PPX...

The PPX is not as pretty (but it grows on you), but that's OK...

I might get another...

Forrest

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It is ugly-- but in a Walther way.  But that's OK by me.  If it shoots good ill keep it as my favorite ugly gun.  It is a great deal on a major name pistol.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I also have a PPX...

I might get another...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have a PPX...

I might get another...

Forrest

Forrest:

Have you put night sights on this one as you did with some of your other pistols?

If so, what set did you put on?  

I ask because I am in the process of buying one of these and I am not as familiar with Walther pistols as you are.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Forrest:

Have you put night sights on this one as you did with some of your other pistols?

If so, what set did you put on?  

I ask because I am in the process of buying one of these and I am not as familiar with Walther pistols as you are.
View Quote

Actually, because of my OCD  I'm sure, I already have two PPXs...

I like them a lot more than I originally thought that I would, my original thought revolving around my normal dislike of hammer fired DAO pistols.

As many have mentioned, the trigger pull of the PPX is actually quite good.

However, answering your question, I have not put night sights on either of my PPXs.  The PPX does not come with the same rear sight that the P99 and PPQ have, although I have heard it said on the internet that the same night sights will work.

Then again, I hear a lot of shit on the internet, if you catch my drift...

Wish that I could be more helpful here...

Forrest

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Forrest:  Well, thanks.  There is plenty of time. Ii won't even have it until next week anyway.  

I did see the Hickok45 video of him shooting the PPX and he said he really liked the trigger on it although he dd call it "ugly."

Eventually somebody on the board will buy one and change out the sights and we'll hear about it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The price is hard to beat. I need to try out a trigger though because I usually hate DAO autos. I have been looking for suppressor hosts and a gun for a little more than a quality threaded barrel is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Forrest:  Well, thanks.  There is plenty of time. Ii won't even have it until next week anyway.  

I did see the Hickok45 video of him shooting the PPX and he said he really liked the trigger on it although he dd call it "ugly."

Eventually somebody on the board will buy one and change out the sights and we'll hear about it.
View Quote

I put the mepro sights on mine, love em.  I'm usually a trijicon guy, but since they had not yet made any for the PPX or PPS, I put mepros on both.

Boot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I put the mepro sights on mine, love em.  I'm usually a trijicon guy, but since they had not yet made any for the PPX or PPS, I put mepros on both.

Boot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boot.

Boot, do you remember what the Meprolight part number was for the set for the PPX?

Personally, I usually prefer Meprolight sights over Trijicon ones anyway, but that's another story...

Forrest

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Friend was looking for a .40 and ordered one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm picking mine up tonight and shooting it tommorrow
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool deal can't wait for a range report.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Boot, do you remember what the Meprolight part number was for the set for the PPX?

Personally, I usually prefer Meprolight sights over Trijicon ones anyway, but that's another story...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boot.

Forrest

THIS PLEASE!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Friend got his.

Says its heavier than he expected but a much better trigger than his wifes polymer frame Smith & Wesson 40.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Friend got his.

Says its heavier than he expected but a much better trigger than his wifes polymer frame Smith & Wesson 40.
View Quote

Which model does she have?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#20]
[div style='margin-left: 40px;']
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend got his.

Whatever came between the Sigma and the M&P

SD40-VE
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend got his.

The SD and it was basically a sigma trigger.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend got his.

He says its an "SD40-VE"
But a polymer Smith is always a Sigma to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He says its an "SD40-VE"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend got his.

He says its an "SD40-VE"

I like the M&P most days. The SD had a lot of cool upgrades but they skipped the real important things like the trigger. In the end it really was just a polished overpriced turd.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
That's a really nice price but my one venture into the "plastic fantastic" genre of handguns sits in the safe unloved and unused. All my handgun purchases in the last couple years have been metal, mostly older Hi Powers and S&W revolvers. Would be a good entry level handgun for first timers though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I believe that's the perfect place for this pistol--good quality major name first handgun.

My wife picked it up and racked the slide effortlessly--and she has difficulty most days doing that, especially on the smaller and reverse guide rail guns.

I think the trigger is better than the PPQ.  It's better than most any gun I've shot.  I was surprised--literally and figuratively as I doubled it a few times accidentally.

It is big and ugly and the grip isn't the most comfortable to me.  Trigger reach size feel all good.  I'd prefer am I controls but will suffer at this price point.  It's a good basic gun, like th old or first gen Ruger P series.

Accuracy was average, nothing to write home about.  I shot it against my HKP30LS V1 LLEM and CZ75 Po1 in 9mm and the HK is still my fave.  The CZ, new to me that day, came in 2nd, and the PPX last.  But the PPX is good enough to get promoted to "downstairs by computer gun"--I even stuck an old TLR-1 on it and ordered some extra mags.

Oh yeah--all fed AE 115 gr ball and federal classic hollow points no problem.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered one today but I got the 9mm with threaded barrel for $299

I think Ill be okay

A reliable $300 handgun is hard to beat.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Buddy sent me a range report. Test fired 29 rounds of his own reloads with no stoppages. He is very happy with his so far as a plinking gun to shoot reloads from scrounged range brass. That's the only reason he bought 40, a never ending supply of free brass. He fired 29 today then filled two coffee cans scrounging at our range.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#28]
So can ANYBODY clue me in as to which night sights to order for this bad boy.  At least the front sight, at a minimum.  

Does the night sight for the PPQ fit this one?  

Now I know somebody surely has put some night sights on these by now.  

I am not all that familiar with Walther pistols, but I bought the PPX at a great sale price.  

Now I need night sights before even considering it for a home defense weapon role.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#29]
My old stream light TLR 1 fits perfect.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They also have the two tone and threaded barrel for $299.99.
NIB.
$15 shipping.
Xtra mags are $20.
PLUS there is an offer from Walther for a double mag pouch, extra mag, and holster for FREE with purchase.
Pretty good deal, I thought.  I bought one.
View Quote

Two things really irked me the past week; This deal, and another from PSA on a Magpul equipped lower for about the same price.  Too many irons in the fire to take advantage of these deals!  Wonder if the bottom is hit yet?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Seems like we generally hit bottom around thanksgiving-Christmas.
So better deals probably coming.
However, the deals now are generally too good to pass up, as well.  I can't imagine the Holiday deals will be good enough to make us regret buying good deals at todays prices.

There is a $10 shipping charge on the Walther mag/holster pack deal.  I just ordered mine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#32]
http://www.waltherarms.com/ppxpromo/

Get a free magazine, holster, and dual mag pouch when you purchase a PPX.*

State Restrictions

• The 9mm offer (with 16 rd mag) is not available in these states due to magazine restrictions: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, & Washington, DC.

• The 40S&W offer (with 14 rd mag) is not available in these states due to magazine restrictions: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, & Washington, DC.

View the State Restrictions page for more details.

You have 2 options to get your PPX Accessory Kit

OPTION 2 – ONLINE Promo Submission:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
http://www.waltherarms.com/ppxpromo/

Get a free magazine, holster, and dual mag pouch when you purchase a PPX.*

State Restrictions

• The 9mm offer (with 16 rd mag) is not available in these states due to magazine restrictions: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, & Washington, DC.
  • The 40S&W offer (with 14 rd mag) is not available in these states due to magazine restrictions: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, & Washington, DC.
View the State Restrictions page for more details.

You have 2 options to get your PPX Accessory Kit

[div style='box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Cabin, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; clear: both; background-color: rgb(230, 230, 230);']

OPTION 2 – ONLINE Promo Submission:

View Quote

Do option #2.

I did on Monday and had the kit in my mailbox as of this morning, maybe even yesterday.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I did option #2 and received my goodies yesterday took all of two weeks.  The box was NOT discretely packaged--comes from walther, has stickers stating 9mm PPX accessory kit, plus the invoice with all info and what paid folded inside a transparent shipping sticker bag.

The holster and mag pouch are made in Israel.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I jumped on the $279.89 PPX 9mm deal today, and of course will grab the magazine/holster/pouch offer from Walther as well.

After driving to eight gun shops within 40 miles of my house I finally found a PPX and I was able to check one out physically.  They were getting full retail for the PPX there, and they didn't have a PPQ to stack it up against.  I found that odd, as this was possibly the premier gun shop on the Treasure Coast of FL.  They certainly had just about anything else!  I kind of felt like they wanted to push hard to sell me either a Sig or a Glock, as my father was comparing the 320 and 19 head-up while we were there.

I wonder how much longer CDNN plans on pushing the PPX at the sub-$300 price?  Also, does an extended/open-ended sale like this mean the PPX is being discontinued and liquided?  

Of note:  After several failed attempts trying to buy it via CDNN's web site--error messages every time--I called the 1-800 number.  They told me I was receiving the error due to my address being that of a "number street"  (like 5th Avenue or 8 Mile Rd, for example) and to try to spell out the number next time I try to purchase a firearm.  Interesting, to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I jumped on the $279.89 PPX 9mm deal today, and of course will grab the magazine/holster/pouch offer from Walther as well.

After driving to eight gun shops within 40 miles of my house I finally found a PPX and I was able to check one out physically.  They were getting full retail for the PPX there, and they didn't have a PPQ to stack it up against.  I found that odd, as this was possibly the premier gun shop on the Treasure Coast of FL.  They certainly had just about anything else!  I kind of felt like they wanted to push hard to sell me either a Sig or a Glock, as my father was comparing the 320 and 19 head-up while we were there.

I wonder how much longer CDNN plans on pushing the PPX at the sub-$300 price?  Also, does an extended/open-ended sale like this mean the PPX is being discontinued and liquided?  

Of note:  After several failed attempts trying to buy it via CDNN's web site--error messages every time--I called the 1-800 number.  They told me I was receiving the error due to my address being that of a "number street"  (like 5th Avenue or 8 Mile Rd, for example) and to try to spell out the number next time I try to purchase a firearm.  Interesting, to say the least.
View Quote
Mine went through just fine with a '3rd St.' as a street address

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I had issues ordering online too when it came time to find my FFL.  I called it in, took about 5 minutes.

Totally worth it so far, I like mine!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, I had issues ordering online too when it came time to find my FFL.  I called it in, took about 5 minutes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great to hear that you, like pretty much everyone else who has bought a PPX, really like it.  I'm hoping to pick mine up from the FFL sometime in the next few days.

Also good to hear that I wasn't the only one to have problems with CDNN's site.  I've got to say, their customer service was fantastic when I called the store.

I haven't heard anyone sound off on the mag/holster/pouch rebate package yet.  What does everyone think holster?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Great to hear that you, like pretty much everyone else who has bought a PPX, really like it.  I'm hoping to pick mine up from the FFL sometime in the next few days.

Also good to hear that I wasn't the only one to have problems with CDNN's site.  I've got to say, their customer service was fantastic when I called the store.

I haven't heard anyone sound off on the mag/holster/pouch rebate package yet.  What does everyone think holster?
View Quote

The holster appears to be a modern Fobus, it is fine for the range, and the mag pouch is serviceable as well.  I ordered the rebate online through Walthers website and had it in my mailbox in less than a week.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:12:32 AM EDT
[#40]
All great news, Rifleguy--thanks for the scoop!
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked up my PPX from the FFL yesterday and put 100 rounds through it at the range.  So far so good, my Marine father-in-law approved in spite of his allegiance to Glock :)  Like everyone else, he loved the way it shot.

Just completed option #2 of the rebate process online and it was super smooth.  Canon could learn a thing or two from Walther about the MIR process, but that is for another forum.

Thank you to ChickenDaddy and Rifleguy for all the solid info here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#42]
A threaded barrel for a BHP runs $250-300.

For that price I can buy a Walther PPX with threaded barrel, two mags, holster and double mag pouch?

How can I say no to that?

1/2 X 28 threads, right?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A threaded barrel for a BHP runs $250-300.

For that price I can buy a Walther PPX with threaded barrel, two mags, holster and double mag pouch?

How can I say no to that?

1/2 X 28 threads, right?
View Quote

Yes, I read somewhere that it has standard 9mm threads....1/2x28
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Looks like a Walther version of a hi-point
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looks like a Walther version of a hi-point
View Quote

Its a large gun and it does appear disproportional, but it shoots great and is a great deal!  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Scored the threaded version today at the gunshow for $350 OTD.

Not too shabby. Can't wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Scored the threaded version today at the gunshow for $350 OTD.

Not too shabby. Can't wait to shoot it!
View Quote

My thread protector slips off during shooting, so keep an eye on yours as you shoot.  Cant locktite it either as it needs to come off for disassembly.

I keep it on while its in the safe and then remove it at the range.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Just shot mine today.

Super buy.  Very nice trigger - easy to shoot.

Great host for my Octane 45 HD.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Picked up a two tone from CDNN and shot it yesterday. the trigger is very nice.
the pistol fits well in my hand and is a joy to shoot.

you cant beat this deal !

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Really thinking about picking one of these up for the price...ugly as sin but I've been looking for another quality high-cap 9mm for home and the range...I have a PPS I enjoy so another Walther couldn't hurt
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top