Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:16:09 AM EDT
Hey all, just wanted to update on the full teardown video that many have requested––I will have it posted at the latest Saturday evening on my YT channel here.

This video has been a royal PITA simply because of all the steps that I have had to film, not to mention that I had to take out all of the upgrade screws so I could show the teardown and reassembly from stock. Fun, fun, fun, but the end result will be really good and I hope it helps the GSG noobs understand the inner workings of their guns a little better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for taking the time to do this, I have been hesitant to do anything until your video comes out :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent! I look forward to watching it.

Thanks!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
awesome vid, very detailed
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
awesome vid, very detailed

Thanks! I tried to cover everything, hope it didn't come out longwinded.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
What a coincidence!  I'm on my way to pick up a set of alan keys now so I can perform the screw upgrade today.  I really look forward to watching your video!  Thanks for the great contribution to the community!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the videos...they have been extremely helpful for me in becoming more familiar w/ the design and breakdown of my GSG.  I appreciate you taking the time to make and put these videos up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks great, thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Spiffy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for taking the time to put this all together.

Good job.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you for taking the time to put this all together.

Good job.

To everybody: my pleasure!!! I love getting my hands dirty and learning just like everyone here, so if I can help in some small way and contribute, I'm happy to do it! It's great to be a part of such a nice community of friends and fellow gun lovers. I get the ideas from you, so . . . .

More stuff is coming really soon, some really sweet new GSG-5 product reviews, so if you haven't subscribed yet, get on it so you'll get the new ones when they get posted.

Vids in the making right now:

-ICS SEF Lower Installation
-******** Second Gen RIS Review and Installation (Manufacturer's name hidden for a reason––this RIS is SWEET, but it's not available quite yet––they are sending me a prototype to review)
-How to SBR a GSG-5
-Range time with an SBR'd PK
-How to Install a P barrel in a GSG-5 Carbine (post Form 1 approval, of course)

More to come . . .
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I just spent the last, oh i don't know, hour or so watching all four videos you put together.  Nice work!!!  I'm so glad I waited for the vids to put my screws in.........

RD
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I can tell you I ordered 2 sets of screws - and without the vids I wouldn't have even bothered.  I now feel comfortable taking the GSG down, as long as I have the videos handy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad everyone is getting some use out of them. Like I said before, stay tuned and subscribe because a lot more GSG-5 vids are coming soon.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#14]
"Thank you" doesn't really even come close to expressing my appreciation of your videos.
I know it must of been a sh&t load of work to do those for us. You have helped a lot of gsg owners with your efforts.

Kudos to you pal,
John.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Thank you" doesn't really even come close to expressing my appreciation of your videos.
I know it must of been a sh&t load of work to do those for us. You have helped a lot of gsg owners with your efforts.

Kudos to you pal,
John.

Not a problem, brotha!! I'm glad I could help.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Couple of quick ?'s  ,...before I order the screw kit.........You only have to locktite the 3 bolt screws?...and....blue or red locktite?

Thanks for the AWESOME video...I'm one of those guys thats scared of flyin' springs and parts, but you made it look easy!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Couple of quick ?'s  ,...before I order the screw kit.........You only have to locktite the 3 bolt screws?...and....blue or red locktite?

Thanks for the AWESOME video...I'm one of those guys thats scared of flyin' springs and parts, but you made it look easy!!!

I would say loctite is reccomended but not required on those screws––people have opinions both ways and I don't want to step on any toes, so I'll just tell you that I used blue loctite on the bolt jacket screws, tightened them down carefully and tightly, and I have had no problems with loosening after 6000 rounds or so. I do check them every time I clean (you can check the one that is visible without tearing down the bolt completely).

P.S. I'm glad I could tone the fear factor down for ya a little––after awhile you can tear this gun down in no time with your eyes closed . . . lol
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top