User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By strongtactics:
Originally Posted By b_rogers:
Had my 1st private lesson this morning.
I think it went well. We covered a lot, so it was tough to remember the techniques as we grappled a bit. He obviously allowed himself to get into positions for me to work the techniques, but Im sure the more that I learn, the less of that I will see.

Looking forward to learning much much more!

Once you calm down and your mind slows you will remember.  Amazing how effortlessly a brown or black belt can control you, no?

Oh yeah, I know from what I have done that you have to remain calm to do any grappling well.

Yeah, this guy could have abused me easily if he wanted.

i hate the feeling of how dead i would be if striking were allowed...any body else ever have that cross their mind as they on the bottom getting owned?
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 11:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: burlysoldier] [#2]
Purple belt, been training for just under 5 years. Competing at the Abu Dhabi trials next month. I train 3-5 days a week average. I prefer gi but I'm pretty good at no-gi as I have a wrestling background. Been to Rio and trained at Gracie Humaita with Royler and Rolker. I am just a hobbyist but I really love it. I am a peaceful person but i used it last summer to restrain a dirtbag here in New York City. He and a fellow crackhead robbed an upscale store of a bunch of prada/ christian dior purses. I chased them down and the lead guy just dropped the stash and kept going. The other guy got entangled with some old timer (think greatest generation). I grabbed crackhead #2's right arm in a Kimora, trip falled him with my foot. Bad guy face plants and I hold the kimora in a knee on back position for an agonizing 8 minutes till NYPD showed up. Had I cracked him with an overhand right I might have been arrested with him. NYPD was very cool with me when they finally arrived. Shopkeeper estimated the value at around 10k.  I dont know what came over me, one second I was walking my dog with my wife and the next...I just reacted and did what I trained to do. It was pretty awesome.
Jiujitsuuu!!!

here is wife units camera phone pic..
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By h34dsh0t_n00b:
Had my 1st private lesson this morning.
I think it went well. We covered a lot, so it was tough to remember the techniques as we grappled a bit. He obviously allowed himself to get into positions for me to work the techniques, but Im sure the more that I learn, the less of that I will see.

Looking forward to learning much much more!

Once you calm down and your mind slows you will remember.  Amazing how effortlessly a brown or black belt can control you, no?

Oh yeah, I know from what I have done that you have to remain calm to do any grappling well.

Yeah, this guy could have abused me easily if he wanted.

i hate the feeling of how dead i would be if striking were allowed...any body else ever have that cross their mind as they on the bottom getting owned?

Yeah and thats something my JKD instructor always points out, because we train a lot of reality scenarios for class. The little bit of grappling that we do, he will often ask us...where could you hit this person right now to do damage, etc.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 7:17:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: strongtactics] [#4]
Originally Posted By burlysoldier:
Purple belt, been training for just under 5 years. Competing at the Abu Dhabi trials next month. I train 3-5 days a week average. I prefer gi but I'm pretty good at no-gi as I have a wrestling background. Been to Rio and trained at Gracie Humaita with Royler and Rolker. I am just a hobbyist but I really love it. I am a peaceful person but i used it last summer to restrain a dirtbag here in New York City. He and a fellow crackhead robbed an upscale store of a bunch of prada/ christian dior purses. I chased them down and the lead guy just dropped the stash and kept going. The other guy got entangled with some old timer (think greatest generation). I grabbed crackhead #2's right arm in a Kimora, trip falled him with my foot. Bad guy face plants and I hold the kimora in a knee on back position for an agonizing 8 minutes till NYPD showed up. Had I cracked him with an overhand right I might have been arrested with him. NYPD was very cool with me when they finally arrived. Shopkeeper estimated the value at around 10k.  I dont know what came over me, one second I was walking my dog with my wife and the next...I just reacted and did what I trained to do. It was pretty awesome.
Jiujitsuuu!!!

here is wife units camera phone pic.. http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/cassiusclaynyc/35191_452628016205_667111205_6590137_8219276_n.jpg

Awesome, awesome awesome.
*but you sound like more than a hobbyist*  
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Jiujitsuuu!!!

here is wife units camera phone pic.. http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/cassiusclaynyc/35191_452628016205_667111205_6590137_8219276_n.jpg

Awesome, awesome awesome.
*but you sound like more than a hobbyist*  

haha thanks strongtactics! I was scared but I was calm. It was a pretty crazy situation. I was legitimately scared he was going to pull a weapon so I cranked the kimora pretty hard to the point where I was holding it with one hand. It felt great to know that despite what many have said about bjj ( in regards to street viability) it worked perfectly. I think the b g's shoulder was gonna be a little sore though
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
haha thanks strongtactics! I was scared but I was calm. It was a pretty crazy situation. I was legitimately scared he was going to pull a weapon so I cranked the kimora pretty hard to the point where I was holding it with one hand. It felt great to know that despite what many have said about bjj ( in regards to street viability) it worked perfectly. I think the b g's shoulder was gonna be a little sore though

Good job.

I think most who bad talk bjj/grappling do so out of insecurity. This is not to say they don't have some good points; bjj is not the end all be all of street self defense. But I don't know of any end all be all of street self defense. BJJ is a great way to win in grappling, which is the core skill required in unarmed fighting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.thegraciesandiego.com/

I'm 47 and just got my blue belt. Love BJJ.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonS] [#8]
Just found the thread..total martial arts, mma, self defense freak.

I take private lessons (due to my crazy work schedule) from a brown belt Mark Sniff under Roli Delgado from Westside Mma and bjj in little rock arkansas. I dont have time to go to a gym, so i have the gym come to me. I did train with a few friends who are new like me from time to time

I started off strong, but have been plagued with injuries from the start. The first lesson, during a sweep i rolled over Marks ankle with his weight on me and broke a rib.POP!  it echoed in my warehouse..

After that healed, things were going good and was making progress for a few months, learning to breathe and flow and planning my moves etc and i had a really painful shoulder injury rolling with a asshat who didnt care i was new and wanted to prove something i guess.

I have taken six months off so far but ready to start back!

Brent

I'm usually sore. I've had quite a few minor sprains, and when I began they were constant. I actually lost some upper body strength, between the injuries and less time for other workouts, but I 'm building back up. I think overall the BJJ has greatly improved my fitness, primarly core fitness and flexability.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DonS:

I take private lessons (due to my crazy work schedule) from a brown belt Mark Sniff under Roli Delgado from Westside Mma and bjj in little rock arkansas. I dont have time to go to a gym, so i have the gym come to me. I did train with a few friends who are new like me from time to time

I started off strong, but have been plagued with injuries from the start. The first lesson, during a sweep i rolled over Marks ankle with his weight on me and broke a rib.POP!  it echoed in my warehouse..

After that healed, things were going good and was making progress for a few months, learning to breathe and flow and planning my moves etc and i had a really painful shoulder injury rolling with a asshat who didnt care i was new and wanted to prove something i guess.

Brent

I'm usually sore. I've had quite a few minor sprains, and when I began they were constant. I actually lost some upper body strength, between the injuries and less time for other workouts, but I 'm building back up. I think overall the BJJ has greatly improved my fitness, primarly core fitness and flexability.

I still cant roll full power without my shoulder becoming re-aggravated and BURN for weeks after.  At this point im wishing i never started. Still love the art.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DonS:

Brent

I still cant roll full power without my shoulder becoming re-aggravated and BURN for weeks after.  At this point im wishing i never started. Still love the art.

I've got a slightly sore shoulder right now. Actually I don't feel it, except at night. I'm 5'11" and overweight, and I need to improve my open guard / cross guard / etc game and not rely upon my size/weight so much.

It sounds like you might want to take a break for awhile and then come back. Let it heal. Just make sure you come back.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else going to Abu Dhabi trials this weekend in Jersey?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Jiujitsuuu!!!

Dude.   You've got to make a Wallid Ismael face if you're going to yell that.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
Jiujitsuuu!!!

Dude.   You've got to make a Wallid Ismael face if you're going to yell that.  

hahahaahaha!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I train at The Armory in Jupiter... Great bunch of guys and 2 of out guys just won their fights in UFC 128.. Good stuff. I'm considering trying NAGA if I can get my shoulder healed up from my last fight in September.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
seven of our guys went to NAGA in Vegas a few weeks back, all came back with medals

Definitely going to September... might go to Atlanta NAGA in July.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 11:40:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Afterwork_Ninja] [#16]
I am going to start BJJ training.  They also do some MMA at this place so we will do a lot of sparring starting from standing and then going to ground.

What's your guys theory on head gear?  I'm ugly enough the way it is without cauliflower ear.

Also, do you guys do anything special for hygine after rolling on the mats like use an antibacterial soap or anything.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LORD-eX-Bu] [#17]
I shower before and after rolling, keep your Gi or whatever you use clean. No need for head gear, never gotten cauliflower ear and it is very easy to take care of anyways. Headgear might cause unnecessary injury to others when rolling anyways and makes you look like that guy
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Afterwork_Ninja] [#18]
Do you use anything special when it comes to soap for your body and gear?
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#19]
just wash gi and dry with high heat, Lysol other protective gear and gear bag, also I use safeguard soap, it says antibacterial and its cheap and can be found anywhere (Walmart). And yes I've had a few staph infections in the past, and haven't had one since I've paid more attention to my hygiene, but that could be that i've trained in a gi more...otherwise we call it a full body condom.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I started last night and got my ass handed to me.  I learned a lot though and had fun.  I think I'm going to enjoy this.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Afterwork_Ninja:
I started last night and got my ass handed to me.  I learned a lot though and had fun.  I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Awesome congrats! check out the book Jiujitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro, it will help you immensely
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 9:28:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Afterwork_Ninja] [#22]

Awesome congrats! check out the book Jiujitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro, it will help you immensely

I've had it for a while, and it has.  The survival section is worth the cost of the whole book.  I also just started Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Theory and Technique by Renzo and Royler Gracie which is really good so far.  I've also got Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu by Dave Camarillo which is good for incorporating a little Judo into your takedown game.

This website, free ebook, and email newsletter has a ton of good info as well.
http://www.grapplearts.com/index.php

I'm starting to get a good grasp on basic tips, theory, escapes, passing and keeping position.  I've been trying to focus on that stuff more than submissions.  Now I just need more mat time for it to sink in.  I can only make it twice a week, so I am thinking of building a grappling dummy just so I can get more drill time in.

Here are a couple of links I have in my favorites about building a dummy if anyone is interested.

http://wtfe.net/dummy/

http://justinsrefuge.com/2009/09/28/how-to-build-a-grappling-dumm/

http://web.archive.org/web/20071020181256/http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/grapplingdummy.html

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/grappling-dummy-488551/

http://mattwilsonmd.blogspot.com/2008/11/lamont-you-big-dummy.html

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/my-custom-grappling-dummy-pics-661373/

I have been doing every sort of solo drill I can find and am already seeing improvements.  I even picked up one of those inflatable exercise balls that the women folk use for this sort of drill.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 9:40:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Afterwork_Ninja] [#23]
Do you guys have any tips for a new guy?

What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]
definitely put a lot of time working on shrimping and shifting your hips.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LORD-eX-Bu:
definitely put a lot of time working on shrimping and shifting your hips.

I've been doing a lot of this all week.  I really, really need some sort of mat at home.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 3:19:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamisonLaviano] [#26]
drill drill and drill the basics...

the gymnastica natural exercises will help you move correctly, look those up if you want

Get inverted... get yourself in odd positions so you can get use to it

practice moving onto your knees from on your back...from lying flat , bump, shift on your stomach, then bring your knees up

don't fight from the bottom unless you have to, always try to be in a superior position

forget submissions...learn positions

oh did i mention drill

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JamisonLaviano:
drill drill and drill the basics...

the gymnastica natural exercises will help you move correctly, look those up if you want

Get inverted... get yourself in odd positions so you can get use to it

practice moving onto your knees from on your back...from lying flat , bump, shift on your stomach, then bring your knees up

don't fight from the bottom unless you have to, always try to be in a superior position

forget submissions...learn positions

oh did i mention drill

Good advise, anyone else have any nuggets of wisdom?

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you guys have any tips for a new guy?

What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?

Disclaimer: I have only been studying BJJ for 5 months.

Rhetorical question: are you training for sport or to annihilate a violent aggressor if necessary?  Keep the answer in mind when evaluating techniques for their usefulness to you.  I have no idea who is instructing you or what they are teaching.  When rolling, be mindful of the potential for strikes from knees, feet, elbows, forearms, hands, and forehead if you are interested more in combat than sport.  This applies to delivery of strikes and defending against them.

Do not be a whirling dervish of wasted energy when rolling.  Focus more on application of technique than on winning.  If all you want to do is grapple inexpertly, grab a football and hump it vigorously while rolling around your living room.  It is cheaper than BJJ instruction.

Tap early.

Maintain your personal hygiene and do not subject people to your stench.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Maintain your personal hygiene and do not subject people to your stench.

That's a good one, no one wants a staph infection, ALWAYS take a good shower after training...scrubbing with lots of soap and lather to get rid of any nastiness on your skin.

Keep your nails trimmed down well, they can cut others as well has fold back when they get caught on the mat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JamisonLaviano:

I tend to be on top 'cause I'm big, but I'm weak on defending from the bottom because of that. I need to practice on the bottom more.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bsf:
Tap early.

In arm bars and such, yeah. Chokes you can fight more. But starting out tapping out fast isn't a bad idea. Better lose the match (which will happen a lot anyway) then snap something and lose mat time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Afterwork_Ninja] [#32]
I feel like I am starting to make a little progress.  I started applying everything I have been reading and watching at home.  I have learned a ton of tips and techniques from these two websites and thank God for Saulo Ribeiro's survival positions in Jiu-Jitsu University.

http://www.grapplearts.com/Articles-And-Interviews.htm

http://www.slideyfoot.com/2006/10/bjj-beginner-faq.html

We were rolling last night and caught someone in a triangle for the first time.  I was in guard and I when I got wrist control the next thing I knew I had it locked in.  It's like my legs had a mind of their own.

I need to work on escaping the body triangle when someone takes my back.  I got caught in it twice last night.  The first time I managed to get out by rolling towards the side his feet were on.  It just popped open, but the second time I got flattened out and had to tap it was so tight.

Any tips for body triangle escapes?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#33]
This is basically the same escape concept as if someone has your back, rotating back into their guard.

You want to be face up NOT face down on your belly, and roll to the side that both of your opponents feet are on to trap them, then rotate back into his guard while one hand is protecting and the other is helping your body rotate by pushing against his leg.

There's probably a video on this somewhere out there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I tried this one out last night and got a tap.  It's easy for him to get out of it, but it caught him by surprise and I noticed he didn't put the body triangle on me the second time he got my back.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow, how am I just finding this thread?! I've been doing it for a couple years, along with judo. I prefer judo, but can't find a dojo near me.

How many of you have done competitions as a white belt? What skill level should I be at before I can be competitive? I'm in fantastic shape, but I feel like I beat people by being stronger, not necessary because of my superior jiu-jutsu skills. Any advice?
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
Wow, how am I just finding this thread?! I've been doing it for a couple years, along with judo. I prefer judo, but can't find a dojo near me.

How many of you have done competitions as a white belt? What skill level should I be at before I can be competitive? I'm in fantastic shape, but I feel like I beat people by being stronger, not necessary because of my superior jiu-jutsu skills. Any advice?

I actually have alot of respect for the white belt division. They are usually stacked so train for a minimum of 5 fights sometimes even more. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I actually have alot of respect for the white belt division. They are usually stacked so train for a minimum of 5 fights sometimes even more. Good luck!

I'm not worried about fitness, I'm in fantastic shape. I don't know where my skill level is, and I'd rather not pay a $70 entry fee to find out that I suck. I roll with blue belts occasionally, and don't beat them, but they usually can't submit me. I rarely get submitted, but I'm also on the bottom (I prefer submissions from guard, triangle, closed guard arm bar, etc.) a lot... Any advice?
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#38]
After a month and a half I have gotten to the point where I am not wearing myself out by wasting energy.  By being calm and relaxed I am starting to see more submissions, sweeps and passing opportunities.  I rolled for a half hour straight last night and wasn't even winded.

I built a grappling dummy so I can drill at home.  I have also been reading anything I can get my hands on and I think it's starting to pay off.  My armbar and triangle escapes have gotten good enough that I can bait a guy into catching me in one and then escape and pass guard.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#39]
After a month and a half I have gotten to the point where I am not wearing myself out by wasting energy.  By being calm and relaxed I am starting to see more submissions, sweeps and passing opportunities.  I rolled for a half hour straight last night and wasn't even winded.

I built a grappling dummy so I can drill at home.  I have also been reading anything I can get my hands on and I think it's starting to pay off.  My armbar and triangle escapes have gotten good enough that I can bait a guy into catching me in one and then escape and pass guard.

Have you checked out the grappling forum on Sherdog yet? They have tons of advice and can give you links to all kinds of instructional vids. Some big names will post on there from time to time also.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Yep, there is some pretty good information over there.

Two guys form my gym have fights tonight in Snyder, TX. I'm going to go over and help them warm up and possibly corner for them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:

I'm not worried about fitness, I'm in fantastic shape. I don't know where my skill level is, and I'd rather not pay a $70 entry fee to find out that I suck. I roll with blue belts occasionally, and don't beat them, but they usually can't submit me. I rarely get submitted, but I'm also on the bottom (I prefer submissions from guard, triangle, closed guard arm bar, etc.) a lot... Any advice?

You think you are in good shape until you compete. Trust me the hardest fights in the gym are the easiest fights in a tournament. Every single guy thinks they have what it takes and every one of them is trying to rip your arm off. It is never easy. Last tournament I was at, my buddy a d1 wrestler fought 13 fights in one day. He won the gi and the no gi and lost in  the absolute gi. I was astonished. Thats more fights than some guys do sparring sessions in a whole week.

Advice is to train harder not smarter, don't be a spazz and don't be a know it all. If someone offers you advice in the gym it is because they see you doing something wrong and want to help. Always get up and train one more than you think you can and tap early. No need getting injured over nothing.  In the academy and any gym for that matter there are going to be key players. Don't piss them off. If you are a white belt leave the advice/instruction stuff to the purples and above. Even now, as a high purple, I always double check with the instructor whatever advice I am giving someone. It's respectful to the coach and oftentimes I missed something.
Hope thats a help and congrats on starting BJJ. It's an incredible art and has saved my life at least once.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#42]
A Gracie Barra student checking in

42 years old with a background in wrestling, train twice a week if at all possible, about 6 months into it (2-stripe white belt).
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
*bump* with a sore groin muscle and a black eye.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By navvet89:

Catch an elbow?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By navvet89:

Catch an elbow?

A heal actually

He pitched a leg over to setup an arm bar and whacked me.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:08:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Just got a Go-Pro for X-mas I will be attaching it to head gear once I am home. Hopefully some sick movies to come.

We will see.

-Dan
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamisonLaviano] [#47]
whats a go-pro?

edit: I googled it...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:08:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soileater] [#48]
The go pro, worked... But aiming it was a challenge. In the first roll it recorded sweeps, and thats about it.

It fell off a couple times, and prevented me from front rolling ect,

I think I am going to grab some head gear and attach it to that, with a little tinkering I think I will get it perfect!

-Dan
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#49]
but with the lens facing forward we can't see someone choking from the back....
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 5:18:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Afterwork_Ninja] [#50]
I had a great practice Tuesday.  My balance is getting very good, I'm doing a good job of feeling what my opponent is doing and where his balance is.  This has really helped my sweeps and escapes.  I'm not wearing myself out anymore, I'm nice and calm until I need to explode.  I find myself being more patient and just working moves inch by inch until something opens up.

I tapped the head instructor for the first time.  The fact that I caught him isn't that big of deal, but I felt like I did everything right leading up to it.  We started standing up and I caught him with a Judo throw like the one below.  We train no-gi, so I had a whizzer and an underhook instead of the sleeve.  I held the arm I had whizzered all the way down and as soon as we landed I trapped it under my knee.  I then did everything right grabbing his other wrist, reached under for the Kimura grip, and stepped over his head with the leg that was trapping his arm planting my ass right on his head.  

I had it locked in before he even tried escaping from my half-guard.  It was one of those things where everything just fell into place like I was on auto-pilot.  It reminded me old Bruce Lee quote:

A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract; and when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, "I" do not hit, "it" hits all by itself.

Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top