[#4]
Count me in too!
Link Posted: 7/13/2004 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah baby!

Link Posted: 7/14/2004 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, sadly the group buy is for the one kind of scope with the one reticle, and thats it. I told Trijicon as soon as we started talking about this that I felt people would be most interested in a donut or chevron, but the way things were, folks would be content with about whatever they could get!!!

I believe you are correct that most would like a donut reticle.  I also would bet most of us would want the sight calibrated for a 55 gr. bullet, on a 16.5" or more barrelled flat-top and a throw-lever mount.

If I understand your description of the group purchase optic, it was calibrated for a 69gr bullet, 14.5"barrel and a TA51 mount.  Would'nt the previous two factors greatly affect shot placement when trying to sight in the optic for a 55gr. bullet on a 16.5" or greater upper?
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#7]
How long till we know when ordering is in order kind informed maker of the thread of hope knowledge and possible ownership of the sacred Trijicon TA 31 with DONUT?
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, sadly the group buy is for the one kind of scope with the one reticle, and thats it. I told Trijicon as soon as we started talking about this that I felt people would be most interested in a donut or chevron, but the way things were, folks would be content with about whatever they could get!!!

I believe you are correct that most would like a donut reticle.  I also would bet most of us would want the sight calibrated for a 55 gr. bullet, on a 16.5" or more barrelled flat-top and a throw-lever mount.

If I understand your description of the group purchase optic, it was calibrated for a 69gr bullet, 14.5"barrel and a TA51 mount.  Would'nt the previous two factors greatly affect shot placement when trying to sight in the optic for a 55gr. bullet on a 16.5" or greater upper?

Err......I thought it was a 62 gr. bullet.  I started stocking up on SS109 and Federal 62 gr. White Box (all ready have tons of Wolf 62 gr ammo that actually does quite well with the BDC of my TA31-F on a 16" midlength barrel.  I guess the underpowered nature of Wolf has similar MV out of a 16" barrel that compares weel to the MV of M855 from a 14.5 barrel.)
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the hell cares!!!!  New ARguy put a lot of work in just negotioating.  Be happy we will be able to purchase one.  Buy one and trade it for one you want! If you don't like it, stop whining and complaining and don't buy one.  

I am in for one.  Like every one else, I have been looking for ages.  And I would be pretty happy happy to put one on my carbine, even if it is a 16" barrel instead of 14.5
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]
The TA51 mount is not my first choice either but I don't think it is in Trijicon's best interest to sell us an ARMS or LaRue product with the ACOG. But at this price, it is like getting the mount for FREE! No complaints here. If I have funds in November I am in.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Who the hell cares!!!! New ARguy put a lot of work in just negotioating. Be happy we will be able to purchase one.
Yah, buy one even if you don't need it or the config doesnt fit your needs 'cuz newarguy has spent a ton of time securing this deal. Gimme a break. Baaaa

New-arguy, thanks for your efforts. The above not directed at you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Who the hell cares!!!! New ARguy put a lot of work in just negotioating. Be happy we will be able to purchase one.
Yah, buy one even if you don't need it or the config doesnt fit your needs 'cuz newarguy has spent a ton of time securing this deal. images.ar15.com/forums/smiles/anim_rolleyes.gif Gimme a break. Baaaa

New-arguy, thanks for your efforts. The above not directed at you.

All right, I got a little carried away, I deserved it, I was sick of reading through the people complaining.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there an order form yet....to whom do I send money?
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in!!!!  It sure would be nice to get some kind of email or heads up. I sometimes cant check in for a few days at a time    If I missed out on this, I would have to kill myself  
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am in!!!!  It sure would be nice to get some kind of email or heads up. I sometimes cant check in for a few days at a time  

That's a good idea. I've been watching this thread for some time. I would be sick if I missed out because I was late getting on the list.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not real sure how the discussion forum software works... but I pushed the 'Subscribe' button for this thread and I get an email notice everytime a new post is made.  This might be overkill for the most part, and the email does not contain the contents of the post... but at least I have a chance to go to the forum and not miss the 'signup' post!!!  
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#17]
TA31 - "Donut of Death"

M855 62gr  14.5 M4A1  comes with the TA51.

Using the ARMS19S you are going to have 'half a cunt hair' of difference between the TA51 mount.

If you look at the ACOG BCD info sticked at the top of this page - or better yet go out and shoot a few ACOG's with the ammuntion you can learn the holdovers needed to zero - and it will be in the close enough for gov't work near to a MOA of difference.

I have used my TA31 (55gr M193 - 20" M16 on CarryHandle) on my midlength 16" URX gun with Mk262 Mod0, M855, C77, M193, Fed GM 69gr, Fed 55gr Gameking all factory loadings - On the KD there are some small holdovers with some ammo (like once again less than 1MOA)
On the field firing range - dope and dump.

Link Posted: 7/17/2004 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
TA31 - "Donut of Death"

Using the ARMS19S you are going to have 'half a cunt hair' of difference between the TA51 mount.

If you look at the ACOG BCD info sticked at the top of this page - or better yet go out and shoot a few ACOG's with the ammuntion you can learn the holdovers needed to zero - and it will be in the close enough for gov't work near to a MOA of difference.

I have used my TA31 (55gr M193 - 20" M16 on CarryHandle) on my midlength 16" URX gun with Mk262 Mod0, M855, C77, M193, Fed GM 69gr, Fed 55gr Gameking all factory loadings - On the KD there are some small holdovers with some ammo (like once again less than 1MOA)

I would agree, I always under the impression that the ACOG were a riflemans scope.  NOT for extreme precison.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm not real sure how the discussion forum software works... but I pushed the 'Subscribe' button for this thread and I get an email notice everytime a new post is made.  This might be overkill for the most part, and the email does not contain the contents of the post... but at least I have a chance to go to the forum and not miss the 'signup' post!!!  

Welcome to the boards!  BTW, thats the way it works
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
TA31 - "Donut of Death"

Just keep bragging about it why don't ya.
Link Posted: 7/18/2004 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Whoa....you rock!!!!  I have been wondering where the email alerts to my subjects / posts went after the site upgrade!  I thought the function was gone. THANK YOU!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2004 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Currently, I am stationed in Mosul Iraq with the 2nd ID. I had looked for the ACOG TA31 series everywhere for the first 3 months I was here. I finally found a great deal on a TA11 off of Ebay. I was sort of sceptical because of it's size and I want to use it on a 14.5 inch AR when I get home and not the 20inch A4 like I have here. However, the eye releaf is so much better on the 11 for what I do. The full size stock + armor makes quick aimed shots easier than the traditional nose to charging handle. I havnt had any problems zeroing it and from what I understand you will not notice a huge difference between barrel lengths. What will cause a big difference is caliber. Hints why they have a caliber change for scope. I dont know anyone that can quickly and effectivly use the range tick marks on people... they are more like a guideline that is fairly acurate.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Anything new yet?
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#24]
tagged
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Taged.

Im in.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#27]
hmm, ditto on the dream of an ss109 16" calibration...
in any event, I'm interested.... of note, I ordered an ACOG for my FAL last year from Botach... nice salesguy who was VERY helpful and remembered who I was. I was actually pretty impressed with their service. However, after waiting more than 6 weeks with no word on the ACOG, I eventually cancelled the order. At that time I was told that the backorders were so far behind that the wait would be indefinite but in any event, likely to be 6 months minimum. The story was similar at other retailers. Sounds like that may still be the case. Anyway... this sounds promising. Don't leave without me!
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I too am still patiently waiting and watching for the TA31F's. I've got my TA01 to play with in the meantime though!
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeh november isnt bad at all for an ACOG. I couldnt get anyone to give me a date or anything so I had to get one on ebay. I know we were trying to get them here for the longest time but they had to go to the damn leapold scopes that are just as expensive but crappy in many ways. I wish they could kick up there production of these things. I am the only one here in my platoon with an ACOG and have been told they would get people more if they could.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#30]
hmm, forgot to tag earlier, so....Tagged.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Probably a stupid question but I'm new here,  What does "Tagged" mean?
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Probably a stupid question but I'm new here,  What does "Tagged" mean?

technically incompetent people who can't click on the subscribe button put that in their posts

Seriously, people post that rather than making up some bogus excuse to post.  It serves a deal purpose...  subscribes them to the thread and then bumps it up to the top of the index.

Link Posted: 7/24/2004 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#33]
It has nothing to do with being technically incompetent.  Subscribing is a pain in the ass because you get an email everytime someone posts.  I'd much rather tag the thread and have it pop up to the top of my active topics.

Oh yeah, BTT  
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Subscribing is a pain in the ass because you get an email everytime someone posts.  I'd much rather tag the thread and have it pop up to the top of my active topics.

Yup
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Just checking in...

Still no list yet I guess.

Link Posted: 7/26/2004 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#37]
We are all anxiously waiting!
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes,    Fingers crossed...
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#39]
My Flat top is bare and my wallet is full.
Let's do this thing! hippie.gif

Eric
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Put in another email today to see if theres anything more we can do to get this moving. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do. Keep your fingers crossed.

Just a thought if any new news comes your way could you EDIT the thread header. That way the herd could tell to check the thread for new info. I would hate to miss an update.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2004 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Let me get this straight, I am still a little confused since I know nothing about optics.

I have an A3 flat top with a 20" barrel. I am "very" stocked up on Q3131A so that is what I will be shooting for a long time.

Can I use this or not?
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Let me get this straight, I am still a little confused since I know nothing about optics.

I have an A3 flat top with a 20" barrel. I am "very" stocked up on Q3131A so that is what I will be shooting for a long time.

Can I use this or not?

Simple answer is yes.  Refer to this for more information.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
When the final info is in and I post when and where to send money... I will change the header! Thank you for the suggestion.

YOU THE MAN
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Put in another email today to see if theres anything more we can do to get this moving. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do. Keep your fingers crossed.

new-arguy,
       Count me in.  I gotta have one.  Thanks for your work and efforts on our behalf.
                           Peace,
                               Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#46]
This sound great to me I'll take one!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#48]
OH MY...  I don't suppose I can resist.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#49]
IN

Vic
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top