User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Millet DMS-1 (Page 2 of 41)
Page / 41
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
This scope is looking good so far, especially for the money...

+1..who has it in stock right now ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I am buying one in a couple of weeks.  It is too cool.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered one from Impact Guns yesterday.  I confirmed they were in stock before placing the order.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By rocketman223:
Ordered one from Impact Guns yesterday.  I confirmed they were in stock before placing the order.  

just ordered mine. Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a must have!
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
They still showed in stock. I had to jump on the band wagon with this one. Mine is on the way too. Looks like a great item to take to a carbine class next month.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
We just got one in for T&E for our observers and it looks to be a winner.  The glass is very clear and the reticle is very sharp.  Throwing it up quick in a CQB environment with the illumination on and it feels just like an eotech.  So far it looks very promising.  The Armalite mount will be in Friday and hopefully we will get some range time next week.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Midway has them back in stock now it seems.  I got mine from bigrivertactical.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Just curious if anyone has gotten the specs on this scope.

I'm looking for the reticle and battery life specs.  IIRC, the center dot is 1 MOA but how big is the outer ring?
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I would also Like to see specs on the scope. The sheets that came with mine did not include any specifics on this scope, It was more of an FYI  on how to sight in and basic scope operation. Millett's site still has a pic of the Gen I scope and no specs
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]
mine just shipped from Impact Guns this morning.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
no reason i couldn't mount that on an "a2 carry handle" is there?

i know its not optimal but its what i have...
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks nice... and the price is right.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
anyone have a Impact guns coupon code?
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Ungwaha:
anyone have a Impact guns coupon code?

nope...shipping is a little bit steep I agree.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I had to ask since they have a place to put one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Just bought one from exocet.  Since I have standard A-2 front sight, I probably will have to remove it and install a flip up front sight so the current sight does not interfere with the scope in 1x mode.

Link Posted: 6/4/2007 10:42:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: exocet] [#19]

Originally Posted By army_eod:
Just bought one from exocet.  Since I have standard A-2 front sight, I probably will have to remove it and install a flip up front sight so the current sight does not interfere with the scope in 1x mode.

..will ship today. It is a great scope for the money but I found a good deal on an acog...I do plan on buying another millett in couple of months however
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Just curious if anyone has gotten the specs on this scope.

I'm looking for the reticle and battery life specs.  IIRC, the center dot is 1 MOA but how big is the outer ring?

Well, since nobody has posted any official specs... I'll take a guess and estimate (based on the center dot being 1moa, and I read somewhere that all the line thicknesses are 1moa) that the outer ring is about 8moa on the inside and 10moa on the outside. Could be wrong. Should be close to that though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody know what size obj and eye Butler Creek flip up covers the scope takes?
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By PowershipMC:

. . .If you are curious what it looks like,  it looks EXACTLY like the GRSC scope but with a different reticle.

Should I be reading between the lines
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 6:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exocet] [#23]

Anybody know what size obj and eye Butler Creek flip up covers the scope takes?

it does come with some covers but they are pretty cheesy
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Do these need to be mounted on a cantilever mount, or would it work directly on an A4 upper?
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#25]
The Armalite one piece 30mm mount works well.  I am sure the LaRue LT-104 would work.  Also a nice permanent mount made by JP Precision.

I am using the Armalite mount.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Who's got the best price on the armalite mounts? Don't see them at my usual distributors?
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Originally Posted By robpiat:
Who's got the best price on the armalite mounts? Don't see them at my usual distributors?

Only one I know of......
Armalite 30mm Mount
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I just got mine today from MidwayUSA and it has the illumination adjustment above the ocular like firedog55's. Is this an older model or newer?
Seems like everyone elses has the side illumination and "Millet DMS-1" stamped on the side.
Looks like Part number BK81002 is the same on all of them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By SPEEDTRIBE:
I just got mine today from MidwayUSA and it has the illumination adjustment above the ocular like firedog55's. Is this an older model or newer?
Seems like everyone elses has the side illumination and "Millet DMS-1" stamped on the side.
Looks like Part number BK81002 is the same on all of them.

Good point.  I have the same issue.  Is this an older item?  The new one is much different?
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By robpiat:

Try JP Enterprises.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm really only interested in buying the version with the improved switch location on the turret area. I called Millett and talked to Kirk in sales. He said they're backordered, but should be receiving more in a few weeks. He said everyone on their staff was a little confused about the version differences from the manufacturer. His sample is the "ocular bell rheostat" version. He's never seen the other, but heard about it. I sent him a few pics from this thread for reference. He told me to call back in a few weeks and see what version they've received in the next shipment.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By BWhalen:
I'm really only interested in buying the version with the improved switch location on the turret area. I called Millett and talked to Kirk in sales. He said they're backordered, but should be receiving more in a few weeks. He said everyone on their staff was a little confused about the version differences from the manufacturer. His sample is the "ocular bell rheostat" version. He's never seen the other, but heard about it. I sent him a few pics from this thread for reference. He told me to call back in a few weeks and see what version they've received in the next shipment.

im not positive but i deal with betty millet at the company she pulled one out for me and a few military guys.  i believe she said that the old style is no longer in production
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got my new DMS-1 from exocet.  This is the ocular bell rheostat version.  This thing kicks butt....the reticle is sweet.  BTW, the glass seems superb.  Yeah, I am saying that as an owner of:

Super Sniper 10x
IOR Valdada 6x42 Tactical
Sightron II
Burris FF II Tactical

I guess some Chinese can build a decent scope.  Remember when the Japanese were known for junk.  Now look at them.

I will get it mounted and send pics and report as soon as I can.

I need to remove my A2 front sight post and install a folder.

Link Posted: 6/6/2007 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#34]
glad you like it
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#35]
FYI, impactguns.com has them on sale right now !!

$197.99 !!! cheapest ever..

www.impactguns.com/store/094092016636.html
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered one. I figure for that price what the heck.
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I emailed the sale department of Impact Guns on Tues, and they replied the only stock the older version with the switch on the ocular bell at this time. Donnie at Big River said he's getting a new shipment in any day now, and he'd let me know what version he's received. I'll post my results when I get and responses.
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Somebody is dishin one off in the EE at $325 right now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

pretty steep...
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 12:29:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fivepointoh] [#40]

Originally Posted By exocet:

pretty steep...

kinda what I was thinkin....

already takin advantage of the possible hard to get.....popular optic surge.  

Nuttin like your fellow gun owners stickin it to ya.

ETA:  here's what it says....

i have a brand new in box dms-1. never mounted have decided to go a differant route. this is the new style with the illuminarion in the front.

325 shipped obo postal MO only
email is best

trades
eotech AA model
trijacon accupoint 1-4

So...for his $175 tops...b/c it's not new anymore...optic...

He wants to trade for a $315-500 optic....or a $500-$600 optic
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 3:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: army_eod] [#41]

Originally Posted By exocet:

pretty steep...

kinda what I was thinkin....

already takin advantage of the possible hard to get.....popular optic surge.  

Nuttin like your fellow gun owners stickin it to ya.

ETA:  here's what it says....

i have a brand new in box dms-1. never mounted have decided to go a differant route. this is the new style with the illuminarion in the front.

325 shipped obo postal MO only
email is best

trades
eotech AA model
trijacon accupoint 1-4

So...for his $175 tops...b/c it's not new anymore...optic...

He wants to trade for a $315-500 optic....or a $500-$600 optic

Yes...but of course nobody will have to buy it at that price.  Damn..I paid exocet 210 for the old version.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2007 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey..anybody know the ocular and obj size for the Butler Creek flip covers???
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#43]
impactguns is out of stock.

midway only has 1 left.
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#44]

I just got the calipers out and measured mine, the sizes are 29.9mm (1.17") and 45.1mm (1.77")
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By ray9101:

I just got the calipers out and measured mine, the sizes are 29.9mm (1.17") and 45.1mm (1.77")

Thx...guess I need some calipers
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Lets see some pics on rifles from satisfied customers
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Midway's newest shipment that a buddy of mine ordered for us is the OLD version.

It's not so bad but it's got the fine teeth around the power adjustment ring and no spare batter compartment.

Plus, everythings in GOLD lettering.  BLAHAHCHAHHDADH

They are going back to Midway after a nice and nasty call tomorrow.

big river emailed me back after i emailed him the other week.  they have the newer versions and constantly sell out.

It's a nice scope.  I thought about forgetting it all together but after mounting it and looking about 400 yards away on 4x, i was happy.  we'll be ordering the newer versions from big river.

Link Posted: 6/7/2007 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey guys, I am considering one of these scopes for a 50. beowulf...do you think it will hold up? The scope is perfect for what I want, please tell me I am good to go.
Link Posted: 6/8/2007 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Just ordered mine from Impact. We'll see how it goes - I'll likely need to cancel my order with GRSC. I really can't find use for the features in the reticle in the GRSC offering, and with an EOTech now, I think the Millet's going to be an easier transition.

I think I'm going to try building an AA battery adapter that'll screw onto the battery compartment, and mount the batteries to the rail, for extended lifetime.

Also, does anybody offer Larue products at a discount? I'm thinking about an SPR-E, but I'm a student, and cash is tight.
Link Posted: 6/8/2007 1:15:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#50]
Found what I needed.
Page / 41
Millet DMS-1 (Page 2 of 41)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top