BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By charliedontsurf:
Why mess with the easiest EE to use on the web, and instead uncomplicate the terrible search engine for the entire site, which has been a peoblem since forever?

View Quote

Much easier to track transactions now.  Easier to break down exactly who is buying what from an admin level.  Easier to hand over a .db than send a bunch of forum posts and messages.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By charliedontsurf:
Why mess with the easiest EE to use on the web, and instead uncomplicate the terrible search engine for the entire site, which has been a peoblem since forever?

View Quote

Because it will eventually go to a fee based sales system.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By awdsuperstar:
I just listed an item for sale. I received a message saying someone accepted the price.  So I had to message them and ask how they wanted to pay. They then asked for more pictures and had questions. Meanwhile, my ad is closed and waiting on the buyer to decide if he is buying.....
View Quote

Oh man, this new system is dogshit. This absolutely is going to impact my decision on renewing my membership.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So one can now list things without a price and just let offers flow in?  

Since I know what I have, I can just keep rejecting offers until it’s comparable to what KAC bros want for their junk?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The old EE is full of WTT ads now in many sub sections.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
So what will be done with transaction records? Will the site know who buys what and start reporting us to the IRS for tax purposes if your selling  I mainly buy and don't sell here. The EE was nice and IMO easy to use. Not sure about this new version.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:
Looks good so far!

Please add a way to add more photo's. Many times more than 5 is needed.
I've been replying to my own ad's if more than 5 are needed.
View Quote

You can still use a photo host like with the regular EE.

I use:  https://postimages.org/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
So what will be done with transaction records?
View Quote

Now that's a good question there.

What is retained and by whom?

We've got a bill going through in NH now to prevent credit cards processors/banks from codifying transactions as gun shop transactions.

Now we might have a gun board collecting transaction info in one very convenient space to be reviewed from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FDC:

We've got a bill going through in NH now to prevent credit cards processors/banks from codifying transactions as gun shop transactions.

Now we might have a gun board collecting transaction info in one very convenient space to be reviewed from time to time.
View Quote

that seems concerning
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
So what will be done with transaction records?

Yep the government might want it or banks, PayPal or any number of entities.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, this new format is overly complicated.  The EE was damn near perfect before, now it's a Rube Goldberg-esque muddled mess.

I've seen similar efforts with GON and SnipersHide, and the forums never really recovered....especially GON.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The biggest gripe I've always had is feedback. We're supposed to check feedback. If you see yellow or red, you proceed with caution. However, when they get enough feedback, they turn back green. Anybody with a negative, their feedback should stay red and the negative feedback should be the first to pop up so you don't have to dig through the 20 pages of feedback to see who complained about what.

Like this guy. He's at 99% but it's green and if he goes a bit longer then he'll eventually get back to 100%. I've seen that a few times.

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/userInfoEE.html?id=372020&ut=1&fp=1

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jason280:
Man, this new format is overly complicated.  The EE was damn near perfect before, now it's a Rube Goldberg-esque muddled mess.

I've seen similar efforts with GON and SnipersHide, and the forums never really recovered....especially GON.
View Quote

It won't matter, our opinions even if it were to be the majority, don't mean squat.

This is going to a fee based system with info tracked from what I see, and appears to be setting up the software for it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy] [#14]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#16]
What was wrong with the old EE?
Why was a complete change even needed?
@GoatBoy
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cat-mechanic:
The biggest gripe I've always had is feedback. We're supposed to check feedback. If you see yellow or red, you proceed with caution. However, when they get enough feedback, they turn back green. Anybody with a negative, their feedback should stay red and the negative feedback should be the first to pop up so you don't have to dig through the 20 pages of feedback to see who complained about what.

Like this guy. He's at 99% but it's green and if he goes a bit longer then he'll eventually get back to 100%. I've seen that a few times.

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/userInfoEE.html?id=372020&ut=1&fp=1

View Quote

And this.....which could easily be addressed without turning the whole format upside down.

And add all participants, both buyer and seller, must leave feedback whether positive, negative, or neutral within a certain time frame of a completed transaction.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#18]
[Deleted]

Removed from thread.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Please allow searches with only 2 characters (not current minimum of 3).  ie, searching for:  1"
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#23]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

We can do this. I'll add to the list to allow for more images.
View Quote

I just posted additional images in the text of a new EE ad using the insert photo tool as before.

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/topicEE.html?t=2427366&f=89&type=1
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Being able to see pictures and a price kicks ass. The old EE sucked to just browse.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like goatboy is skipping all the questions about tracking.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#27]
Issues:

-- When I'm in "My Tools", "Active Topics" the browser header reads "User Feedback"

-- I'm listed as a Platinum member through out the new EE (I'm a Life Member)

-- Item condition reads both "used" and " pre-owned", needs to be consistent

I'll read back thru this thread to see how ads that have multiple, disparate items are handled.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Vanquish:
If I wanted to clean out my spare parts bin and sell let's say 45 items individually priced, how would I go about doing that? Previously you could have one post with a list of all the items with a price next to each one.

Looking at it now, that doesn't seem to be an option unless I'm missing something. Would I have to create 45 different listings?
View Quote
This is my only concern at the moment.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:13:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#29]
Originally Posted By awdsuperstar:
I just listed an item for sale. I received a message saying someone accepted the price.  So I had to message them and ask how they wanted to pay. They then asked for more pictures and had questions. Meanwhile, my ad is closed and waiting on the buyer to decide if he is buying.....
View Quote

Placeholder. Got this far and will read further to see if this is clarified and/or resolved. Otherwise, this could be a problem.

Clarified. Sellers need to be much more careful of the new tooling to prevent un-wanted actions. Looks like they can be resolved on the backend if necessary.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll try not to bitch and moan too much, but I'm not sure I like the 'new' new EE any more than I liked the 'old' new EE last time around. That version rightfully didn't last very long but I'm guessing we'll be stuck with this one.

Anyway, in the spirit of embracing the new, I closed one of my old ads in the old EE and created a new one. The form seems to not like special characters in the title (quotation mark to indicate inches) as it chopped off everything after that when I clicked Review. After I re-added it (twice), it finally looked right but then removed it again in the posted ad. Fortunately it did let me go back in and edit to add back the missing part.

Some random comments...

Is a hand dominance selection really necessary on the form? I can't imagine that there were a lot of people clamoring for that, but who the hell knows. Maybe we should have gender a selection also, both for seller and buyer.
I don't like entering a zip code. My state is in my profile, and if I want to entertain a F2F sale, I can enter more info in the description with details to be worked out via PM.
I don't use it any more, but IMO making PayPal a radio button option for payment will just make them look harder at transactions. There should probably just be an electronic payment button with details in the description.
Why isn't there a true preview page? I want to see what my ad will look like before going live.
Like tortilla-flats, I also wondered why it shows the platinum star rather than lifer stars, and I also don't like not having the option for 'garage sale' posts.

More to follow, maybe.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Paypal should be on the down low.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:31:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#32]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#33]
It's really disappointing that despite all the great work that went into this new enhanced EE an ad can be placed without a single photo uploaded.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll wait to look from a computer, but from my phone it looks bad.

I see 11 pages of mixed items... scope.
Pistol.
Red dot.
Rifle.
Scope.
Scope.
Imitation crab meat.
Red dot.
Rifle.

Is there a way to just see just rifle listings as a category?
I don't want to wade through pages of stuff I'm not interested in to find something I am interested in.

Not bitching... yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

I do wish it was required, and hope that change is made, but there's no board code that's going to make people post a useful photo.  Make one required and folks may just post a "For Sale" sign, or some other garbage to get around the requirement.  At least now you can see there aren't pics before you open the ad.  Sort of.  I suppose they could still be linking to pics off site, but it shows they didn't try very hard when posting the ad.
View Quote

Yeah, that's true, and you're right, an improvement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Stylz:

Hit the EE nav bar (yellow circle) to see all the categories. All of the old EE categories were moved over to the new EE.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77030/listings-3155842.jpg
View Quote

Thank you Sir. I did click that and only saw the 3 choices, didn't realize they were drop down menus.
I retract my complaint.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Originally Posted By Vanquish:
If I wanted to clean out my spare parts bin and sell let's say 45 items individually priced, how would I go about doing that? Previously you could have one post with a list of all the items with a price next to each one.

Looking at it now, that doesn't seem to be an option unless I'm missing something. Would I have to create 45 different listings?

Ok, I've been through the thread and read all the feedback. This one is going to be a problem. I understand that you've decided to sacrifice this functionality.

I've got 2 ads I intended to post today that I can't. Between the 2 of them, there are 17 different items. I've regularly posted ads in the past that contained 10-20 different items. Listing restrictions should accommodate this, if this is the case.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#41]

We will check it and figure out why it's doing that. (It shouldn't.)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cda97:

Old system

When I select edit it takes me to the new system format, can't even see my ad

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/PSA-Metalform-ASC-Colt-style-9mm/24-2422687/

We will check it and figure out why it's doing that. (It shouldn't.)

It works now
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#42]
Kudos! Much better effort than the last time around.

Had a shitty weekend and when I sat down a couple of hours ago to list a bunch of stuff that I spent a good portion of time getting ready to list, I certainly didn't appreciate the additional friction of having to list using the new format/site. But all-in-all it was fairly painless and not a difficult adjustment to make (I posted 7 ads in short order and already have buyers for 3 4 ). So well deserved pat on the back from that perspective.

Once the dust settles, I hope you guys spend some time solving for the multiple items issue. I hope you guys are ready for the grief you're going to get on that front. I fully expect someone to be banned over it before all is said and done.
Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have (prematurely) closed out an old ad, to leverage it going forward.

In the interim, is it possible to list these types of ads in the old format?

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By -MainDisconnect-:
I think it would be good to add the sellers username to the ad. There are sellers I try to avoid and some I know are awesome to deal with.

Add the user name after the price??

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366627/IMG_2108_png-3155487.JPG
View Quote

Usernames are located at far right:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm sorry, don't have a single thing good to say about the new system, and all the bad things have been covered by others. But if you're at all trying to figure out what the membership thinks about it, you can add one more vote to the negative column.

The old system was beautifully simple and easy to use, fast to scan for things you were interested in, really one of the best on the internet, basically the last of a dying breed I guess, all things change eventually I reckon.

I deleted my old ads, will make an effort tomorrow to try it out I guess.

Now not specific to this small change in arfcom's format because it's not just arfcom, but in the economy as a whole on the macro level, this kinda stuff, ultimately has a chilling effect on the secondary market, I don't think people (and for sure not the current inhabitants in the White House) get just how important the secondary market is to the economy as a whole.

Simple example: I'll be much less likely to buy anything new that comes down the pipeline, if it's extremely difficult to sell it if I decide I don't like it.

Think about that for a minute on a broad scale, and look at the damage that has already been done to the economy by the current administration and their fixation on nailing people and businesses for tax money, on items they've already paid tax on.

Sorry just ramblings from an old man yelling at clouds, lol.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I put an 'I'll take it' response to a seller on the EE about purchasing a Chrony.
His response was that he had to turn me down because I had no purchasing history on the EE, even though I have been a paying member on this site for over 10 years.
He was pretty rude about it too.

The 'My way or the highway' attitude with some of the sellers on the EE has caused me not to even browse it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#46]
totally agree. i wont be using it. glad i dont have anything to sell. but like said why buy anything new if its going to be a bitch to sell
if one didnt like the item. o well, nothing good lasts forever. anything new sucks.

Originally Posted By Dragynn:
I'm sorry, don't have a single thing good to say about the new system, and all the bad things have been covered by others. But if you're at all trying to figure out what the membership thinks about it, you can add one more vote to the negative column.

The old system was beautifully simple and easy to use, fast to scan for things you were interested in, really one of the best on the internet, basically the last of a dying breed I guess, all things change eventually I reckon.

I deleted my old ads, will make an effort tomorrow to try it out I guess.

Now not specific to this small change in arfcom's format because it's not just arfcom, but in the economy as a whole on the macro level, this kinda stuff, ultimately has a chilling effect on the secondary market, I don't think people (and for sure not the current inhabitants in the White House) get just how important the secondary market is to the economy as a whole.

Simple example: I'll be much less likely to buy anything new that comes down the pipeline, if it's extremely difficult to sell it if I decide I don't like it.

Think about that for a minute on a broad scale, and look at the damage that has already been done to the economy by the current administration and their fixation on nailing people and businesses for tax money, on items they've already paid tax on.

Sorry just ramblings from an old man yelling at clouds, lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
I put an 'I'll take it' response to a seller on the EE about purchasing a Chrony.
His response was that he had to turn me down because I had no purchasing history on the EE, even though I have been a paying member on this site for over 10 years.
He was pretty rude about it too.

The 'My way or the highway' attitude with some of the sellers on the EE has caused me not to even browse it anymore.
View Quote

Well to be fair, you are kinda sus.

Seriously tho, that really sucks. I'm sure we can get at least 100 people here to bombard his IM box vouching for you, if you want. That might be kinda fun.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: craqas18] [#49]
Any insight on this please?

“Bumping is a thing of the past as items will be "auto" renewed on a set timer”

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M2010:

Someone that has used the EE once in all of its history shouldn't have been a part of a fundamental restructuring.  Same for the style guy.  Just saying
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M2010:

If you want to be part of the discussion, then please stop the same old fear mongering.

I've been clear on the transactions and who will pay what, we also spelled it out in the help files. As for tracking info, yes it's a little cleaner on the data side on who did what, but the old system has most of that data and the gov typically goes to seller for the specific info on a transaction.

Someone that has used the EE once in all of its history shouldn't have been a part of a fundamental restructuring.  Same for the style guy.  Just saying

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top