Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2004 11:29:18 AM EDT
You can't shoot your Bushmaster or your Colt in your living room.

With an airsoft, you can.  It's fun to be able to shoot while you are watching TV.  These things are cool.

Everyone here is a shooter, what's not to like?

And I don't get the "if you have airsoft guns, you must not have any real guns" thing.

I have slingshots, airsoft guns, air pump BB and pellet rifles, CO2 powered BB and pellet arms, rimfires, centerfires, compound bows...  they're all fun to shoot.  Everything has it's place.

What gives?

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Because real guns and Airsoft is like the difference between fucking and masturbating.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Because real guns and Airsoft is like the difference between fucking and masturbating.

Nuff' said here. Everyone move along
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That about sums it up for me.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

And were ALL well aware of you EXTENSIVE airsoft collection.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's because they cost just as much as the real thing?
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Wanna bet ?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

And were ALL well aware of you EXTENSIVE airsoft collection.

I have 1...and it is NOT a real gun....it is a TOY!!!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Whatever floats your boat...

What I don't understand, is why all the airsofters are always posting here looking for our acceptance of their hobby.  

I've got no problem with gay guys either, but that doesn't mean I want one of them posting about how gay sex is really fun and I shouldn't knock it until I try it.  At least they don't try to tell us that anal sex is good training for vaginal sex, because afterall, the anus and the vagina are almost the same thing, right?    On the other hand, the airsofters always strut around like they're some kind of ultra-tactical ninja because they've taken a couple BBs to the chest and lived to tell about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Wanna bet ?  

Yeah, he obviously never saw the Simpsons episode where Homer got a gun.

Man, that show has taught me so many good lessons over the years!

Who'd have ever though a gun could double as a remote control?
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where are you purchasing real pistols for $20?

Really, I'd love to know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would explain a lot of things around here lately....

Pssst...what are you wearing right now???

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In both example...I do both and enjoy them immensly!

I shoot at steel and paper with guns.  I shoot at my friends with airsoft guns.  What's not to like?

I think the main aversion people around here have to airsoft players is that they view them as posers.  So be it, their entitled to their opinion.  I have my fun and don't give two shits what other people think.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you purchasing real pistols for $20?

Really, I'd love to know.

Yeah, cock the pistol between every shot to shoot a lame little plastic BB. It's so fun!
For 20$ I'd buy a slingshot that could actually do some damage.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would explain a lot of things around here lately....

Pssst...what are you wearing right now???

Sgtar15

Speedo

Pics?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What I don't understand, is why all the airsofters are always posting here looking for our acceptance of their hobby.  

I've got no problem with gay guys either, but that doesn't mean I want one of them posting about how gay sex is really fun and I shouldn't knock it until I try it.  At least they don't try to tell us that anal sex is good training for vaginal sex, because afterall, the anus and the vagina are almost the same thing, right?    On the other hand, the airsofters always strut around like they're some kind of ultra-tactical ninja because they've taken a couple BBs to the chest and lived to tell about it.

+1  This post made me laugh harder than anything I read all day.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Hell, I"m GLAD the airsofters are around.

Takes the ranting away from us paintball guys.

But then again, the *majority* of the paintball crowd doesn't run around trying to play a real-life version of 'rainbow six'.  We tend to stick to things like capture the flag.

Oh, and we don't care how "accurate" a copy of a real weapon the paintguns are.  They're ment to throw paint, not pretend to be something they're not.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dude, you could not have been more precise with that example.

They are still cool when you can't get your hands on a real one.

Samuel
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Here Ya Go!

www.realdoll.com

Samuel
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Samuel

That's the sales pitch I used to use on lesbians when I worked part time at a dildo shop.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Airsoft is a great squad tactics training tool, especially with 6mm paintballs.  I don't compare the difference between my impact wrench and my crescent wrench as one being sex and one being masturbation.

But to each his own.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
 I don't compare the difference between my impact wrench and my crescent wrench as one being sex and one being masturbation.

But to each his own.

They each get a nut off don't they??

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Samuel

Huh?  I've shot guns and masturbated (a lot!)

Maybe one day I'll try Airsoft and maybe loose my virginity.
I KEED!
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I don't compare the difference between my impact wrench and my crescent wrench as one being sex and one being masturbation.

But to each his own.

They each get a nut off don't they??

SGtar15

Damnit, I walked right into that one!  

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Because it's all form over function.

I have a couple of CO2 and pellet guns but they aren't Beretta 92FS or Desert Eagle clones. Shooting with CO2 can actually improve your skills.

CO2 air power can improve your skills, but spring air will not?

Hmmm...
trigger control
sight picture
breathing

Yeah, that argument makes perfect sense.

BTW, did you know that some soft airs are CO2?

I hate pretenders.

Yeah, the airsoft toys look nice and all that but why bother spending $800 for a air gun when one for $200 will out shoot it?

I hate posers.

$800?!?!?

I must have missed those, my soft air pistol cost $20.

I see now that this airsoft thing is probably more people bashing something they obviously have never tried and have no knowledge of, than actually having knowledge of and disliking the functionality.  

I guess the only things worth shooting at all are things that make a loud bang.  I definitely won't ask anyone their opinion of archery.

I don't aim to be the great airsoft defender here, cause I don't really GAFF, so I am going to quit posting about this now.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#30]
airsoft is lots of fun if you have the UBER expensive electric rigs,  I got to play with a few friends guns and for force on force CQB training, its hard to beat
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#31]
S! MAUSER101!!!! SG rocks!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I only have airsoft because I ordered more than $75 worth of stuff at Cheaperthandirt.com and it was a thrown in freebie. Not bad as a toy but thats about it. Those little pellets do sting a bit
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Airsoft has it's place.
I have one.
ALso have three AR's and a class III FA.
Not a poser at all.

It can be a great tool to help understand just how hard/futile it is to try and clear rooms/stairs etc without a grenade.

It sucks for any type of target practice. I have a CO2 for that (inside shooting) but it does have it's place.

I think the problem is that people have been put off by 13yr Old wanabees talking like they know it all and it turns out all they know is Airsoft and computer games.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I have no issues with airsoft.

They have their uses just like anything. I've seen them used in training scenarios and looks like fun. Kinda like paintball with a more realistic looking weapon.

I don't own any, though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

$800?!?!?

I must have missed those, my soft air pistol cost $20.

Tell that to the guys who have the fancy airsoft guns with real optics, Surefires, etc. and $1000 worth of go fast gear.  There was actually some douchebag on Lightfighter.com bragging about getting a good deal on obviously stolen military armor (an FSBE vest, the good stuff, much better than the IBA) and SAPI plates, so he could look cool at his airsoft circle-jerks.  Great, some dork gets top of the line body armor (paid for with your tax dollars) so the BBs don’t hurt as much.  Meanwhile the real soldiers in Iraq don’t get as good protection from REAL bullets.

I see now that this airsoft thing is probably more people bashing something they obviously have never tried and have no knowledge of, than actually having knowledge of and disliking the functionality.  

Don’t have to try something to have an opinion about it.  Besides, it’s a game.  Don’t take it so seriously.

I guess the only things worth shooting at all are things that make a loud bang.  I definitely won't ask anyone their opinion of archery.

Nope, suppressors are cool.

You’re comparing firearms to toys?  Psst…  You can kill someone with a firearm (or bow&arrow), not with plastic BBs.

I don't aim to be the great airsoft defender here, cause I don't really GAFF, so I am going to quit posting about this now.

Damn, you should have quit 50 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I think the problem is that people have been put off by 13yr Old wanabees talking like they know it all and it turns out all they know is Airsoft and computer games.

That's pretty accurate.

Frankly, I don't care if someone plays airsoft, I'm sure it can be fun, and I'm sure plenty of normal guys do it.  I just hate when folks equate it to real trigger time and formal training, or worse yet, the jackasses that actually think it earns them some kind of 'combat' veteran status.

I'm sure it's fun, and can probably be useful if used correctly, BUT I don't want to have it rammed down my throat on a board dedicated tp REAL firearms.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#38]
When it boils down to it, this site is for guns that shoot real bullets, not yellow plastic ones.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I like anything that fires a projectile- guns,bows,slingshots,cannons,blowguns....

I'm considering buying an airsoft rifle for a non-lethal approach to keeping the gray squirrels off my bird feeders. Red squirrels are killed on sight- those bastards do damage to my house.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Check out the weapon drill of the airsoft guy on the right…… the way he is supporting that weapon proves airsoft is GAY…

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/CombatSouth09-02-03018.jpg

Check out the weapon drill of the airsoft guy on the right…… the way he is supporting that weapon proves airsoft is GAY…

ANdy

I'm willing to give those guys a break, Combat South is an airsoft field in Britain.  These guys obviously have no access to real firearms.

That said, I'm often mortified by the behavior of fellow airsofters here in the States.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

ANdy

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sooo... way cheaper, less stressful and you can do it privately as much as you want without getting into trouble? hmm, I oughta try that
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Jesus...  half a dozen airsofters will read this and shoot themselves.
Mommy will have to put some Neosporin the bruse.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm willing to give those guys a break, Combat South is an airsoft field in Britain. These guys obviously have no access to real firearms.

Now that is the truly gay (as in a sad way) part.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm willing to give those guys a break, Combat South is an airsoft field in Britain. These guys obviously have no access to real firearms.

Now that is the truly gay (as in a sad way) part.

I will completely agree with you there.  I overgeneralized though.  You still can shoot in GBR, but with the hoops involved I'm not suprised it's not a popular activity.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

I'm willing to give those guys a break, Combat South is an airsoft field in Britain.  These guys obviously have no access to real firearms.

That said, I'm often mortified by the behavior of fellow airsofters here in the States.

I cannot give these guys a break, my Son plays Airsoft at 'Combat South' with them, I have told him his Tokyo Marui  MP5 is gayer than gay and am taking him to the range I shoot at to try and convert him to the 'Dark Side' of the AR15.

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys are arguing over two different classes of Airsoft.  The $20 jobbers are like not even masturbating, it's more like just catching the glimpse of the ankles of some chick wearing a Burkha.  When guys talk about playing Airsoft they aren't talking about running around with twenty dollar pieces of shit.  The real Airsoft guns cost almost as much as real guns.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#49]

I hate to say it, but it looks like the only thing the Punisher is going to be punishing is the little pope (and that only until his Mom gets home for work).
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You still can shoot in GBR, but with the hoops involved I'm not suprised it's not a popular activity.

I can jump through hoops better than a show dog now!

ANdy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top