Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree with CZ75_9MM

I've personally seen this one in Munich:

seen and touched

Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Fast, high flying and downright beautiful...

4 seats, 350 Hp TSIO 550 and pressurized for FL 250!

310 KIAS at altitude...for a 1/4 million, it is a LOT cheaper than a P51 and only a bit slower...but you cannot seat 4 in a P51.

But if speed is the issue and you have the money, a Walter 601E turboprop is available for this airframe, doubling the power and offering a 360 KIAS airspeed.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is my love...

www.eam.net/jamara/Pilatus/pilatus_porter.jpg

www.modelspot.com/photo/iat04/porter.jpg

members.fortunecity.com/gvanroy1/work/pc6-21.jpg

I have a lot of jumps out of turbo Porters, not particularly fond of 'em.

Here's a real beauty! I have one jump out of one of these.

www.luftfahrt.ch/images/eapconnielandung.jpg

There is a constellation that flys out of the downtown KC airport all the time.
When my cube had a view of the airport airspace, I would see it fly probably twice a month,  I imagine the owner flying it to and from various air shows.

Not anymore! SAC's Connie blew an engine during a ground run-up,did some damage to the tune of about $175k,they're looking for donations and help!
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/16/2005 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
for you DC-3 lovers, I present the first Delta DC-3 purchased, and subsequently found in Puerto Rico, and brought back for a full restoration.

www.airchive.com/Memorabilia/Delta/*DC3-2.jpg

Come on Delta Airlines! Just gotta make it through this BK BS!!! DeltaAir423,where's the Spirit Of Delta??? Delta gonna put it near the mueseum? Hopefully in original"widget"colors!

I just posted that pic to appease the DC-3 lovers.  Yes, the "Spirit" will probably find a place at the heritage museum, allthough a lot of people in TechOps would rather see that plane sold off to ABX and forgotten about due to the mark that Escara left with the company.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
P-51 is still the best
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've personally seen this one in Munich:

ed-thelen.org/Munich/ME262-top.jpg

seen and touched

Deutches museum??????

I've visited one of their museums, but didn't make it to that one.  Now the Luftwaffe Museum is great!  Nothing like walking down the row of NATO aircraft on one side, and Warsaw pact aircraft on the other.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top