Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 25
Posted: 7/26/2007 4:22:28 AM EDT
ok, as per another discussion, i recieved a couple PM's about the possibility of some members here getting the names and adresses of a couple guys in my company who i have found to be hard up in the way of support from the homefront.  i added that i would one-up it, and with their permission i would post pics and short bios as to get a chance to see and "meet" some of the guys instead of just the arbitrary address of a random soldier. well, here they are.   my apologies to those that PM'ed me, i have a hard time keeping up with PM's and emails because i live on an outpost out in sector and dont get to use much internet.  i still have to contact two or three individuals about this, but i have been having a hard time with PM's and low bandwidth internet lately.

basically i went to squad and team leaders there and asked them for who they thought could be helped by a letter or a care package.  i tried to distribute them between MOS's as everyone on the outpost is living pretty rough right now regardless of job.  this post is to give those members what i promised, the guys who volunteered to lend a hand in helping these guys realize that people still remember they are there.

the soldiers in question are from B Co, 1-15 Infantry, 3/3 Infantry division out of Fort Benning Georgia.  our company is currently in the city of Salman Pak Iraq, 20 minutes southeast of Baghdad.  We live on Combat Outpost Cahill, which according to sigacts is now the most dangerous outpost in theater. we get attacked on a pretty regular basis, both directly and via IEDs, EFPs, mortars, and the like.  

so here are the guys from B-Co, 1-15 infantry.

SPC Michael Murray
63D Tank mechanic
Hometown: Rochester, Minnesota

SPC Murray is ready for business with this artistically simple one piece number brought to you by CIF Fort Benning.  He is on his second tour in Iraq, and simply loves the country.  He tells us he hails from minnesota, like we couldnt tell that already by his easily recognizeable and equally irritating accent.  When SPC Murray isnt working on his guns he enjoys hunting, fishing, and auto mechanics.  When in Iraq, dont piss this guy off, or else when a small lot of gel batteries come in you wont ever even think of getting your hands on them...

PFC Chris Alderman
13F forward observer
Hometown: Round Rock TX

PFC Alderman is simply stunning in this simple concoction of military uniform and homegrown Texas good looks.  in fact, the only thing that stands out on him more than the neon teal army combat uniform he wears is his striking blue eyes, which drives fear into the hearts of insurgents everywhere.   his hobbies include shooting, fishing, and raining steel death on top of America's enemies via his radio.

PFC Ariel Quijano
11B infantry (M)
hometown: Artecia CA

i had to resort to a shameless theft of a pic off of PFC Quijano's myspace page, because the day i was supposed to get a pic of him he got called up on a lengthy mission.  ill adjust that later.  PFC Quijano goes by the nickname "quizno's", because apparently its a little easier than "quijano" for most.  hes from CA but originally from Guam, although most people just say "yeah, wherever..." when he tells them that. he talks faster than anybody i have ever met, but that general enthusiasm pays out when hes kicking in doors that are bigger than he is.  he enjoys basketball, shooting pool, and listening to music when he isnt living his dream, melting away in the back of  a bradley.

PFC Aaron Tobin
63M Bradley mechanic
hometown:  Cuba

PFC Tobin is bringing "hot and sweaty" back with this functional piece of his own design. when he isnt crawling inside bradley IFV's in 120+ degree weather, this purple heart recipient enjoys watching movies, working out, and playing video games.  he works tirelessly all day and night, or at least his superiors have this idea that its "tirelessly"....

PFC Matt Drew
combat medic
hometown: Barstow, CA

PFC Drew makes accessorizing fun as he sports his molle medical aid rig.  Drew regularly exhibits a comical cynicism topped only by former TV star "ALF".  his hobbies include pretty much nothing besides chewing tobacco, at least thats all we can gather so far.  when he finishes his military service he hopes to become a firefighter and plans to buy a white sedan with orange fenders upon returning to the states.  he has exhibited proficiency in his job by cooly treating patients under fire, which almost makes us forgive him for being from california.  almost.

PFC Eric Tracy
19K, Tanker
hometown: Gustine, CA

PFC Tracy is looking fabulous in his ACU/MOLLE combo, following a very popular and safe fashion trend among Americans nowadays.  Eric is a loader on an Abrams tank, but also serves as a driver on a humvee.  he enjoys playing baseball, watching baseball, and playing baseball video games. he has a very stoic and controlled personality, especially under fire, one that hollywood could never imitate.  a highlight of his tour here was when i watched him drive a crippled humvee out of a killzone after being hit with an IED and it had diesel pissing out of it faster than R Kelley in a playground.

here is a pic of the finest accomodations ever to come out of an abandoned iraqi garage, home to mostly all of the pictured individuals and 31 of their closest buddies.  its my personal belief that the iraqis knew we were coming and built all of the buildings they had completely out of spec and not square in any way, shape, or form as a last attempt at thwarting our efforts.  after a long and irritating fight our guys finally declared a triumphant victory over the iraqi buildings and managed to create a better living space for ourselves.

to put things in perspective, heres a pic of the original accomodations for the past 5 months.....

humor aside, i want to say thanks to the people who volunteered to help support these fine soldiers.  life is both rough and dangerous here on the outpost, but morale is still high.  something as simple as a letter or old newspaper works wonders for these guys, and i applaud the efforts of the members here.  i am proud to serve with these men and proud to be  amember of this website.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't in on the planning of this, but I would certainly like to help if there's still room left for someone else to jump on board. I would be especially good at helping the medic out with his need for chewing tobacco, as I am currently working for a tobacco distributer. So if he needs some extra, just let me know what he prefers and where I can send it. But I will not just limit it to him and tobacco. I will be more than happy to send anything else you guys might need. And it looks like you could use plenty of everything as you are definately "roughing it" there. Man, those are some shitty conditions. Most of the pics from Iraq I have seen involve nice squared away quarters with air conditioning and many of the pleasures of home. But where you guys are looks more like what a forward fire base in Vietnam would have looked like.

Do you guys have any CD or DVD players? I could probably burn you some stuff to listen to and watch. Need some magazines? Hygiene stuff? Candy, snacks, other food items? Drink mix? Batteries? Simple letters of encouragement to these guys letting them know that people back home are thinking of and supporting them?

I'd be glad to do whatever I can to help these fellas out. I have sent care packages out now since 2003. I've had a couple of friends over there and I'd send a few things to them to help out a bit. But as of right now, I don't have anyone in-country that I'm supporting, so I would be happy to help these guys. After your bio introductions to these men and seeing their photos, I kinda feel like I do know them now. Feel free to PM me with any contact info or specific requests.

-CH
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Bumped again for more info.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a damn shame this thread isn't 16 pages of support now.

It chaps my ass to think that this thread has been sitting here today, with 3,500 people logged in, and one damn person has posted.

All you have to do is buy 5 extra things at Wal-Mart next time you go, drop them in a box, write something on the outside, and send it to the post office. Thats all!

What is the address we send it to? I have Michael Murray covered for this month.

ETA: You cant say claim to support your troops while sitting on your ass.

Link Posted: 7/26/2007 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay safe guys!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I missed the original boat on this as well, but I would like some information about what else is needed and where I can help these guys.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I need the mailing address for Alderman - my fellow Texan.  I will put together a package and will mail out asap.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Im sure those guys could use even more packages.. How about a mailing address so i can drop one in the mail ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Im sure those guys could use even more packages.. How about a mailing address so i can drop one in the mail ?

Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
White sedan with orange fenders!

Wow - talk about a memory jogger!

A low-rider version would be doubly evil.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Hurry with the address! The Cigar Forum has something for them!

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=143&t=601709&page=1&#-1
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]
WHat do any of them need?

I can put a few small things together to help out, it wonmt be much but its what I can do
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Ahhhhh, just noticed the thread has been tacked. I kept going back through today's posts looking for updates until I realized I had hit the early AM hours. LOL.

BTW, for those waiting for instructions, we may have to be patient. It appears that daemon734 is just able to access the net from time to time. So it may take him a little while to respond back to us. I didn't notice that until reading his post again.

Again, I am not sure if the intent is for us to sort of just adopt one of the guys listed above and post our intent to do so, or whether we are requested to send as much as we can to as many as we can. Either way, I wanna help. And it really doesn't matter to me which (or all) of the guys I can send stuff too. They are all among the best this nation has to offer. May God bless each and every one of those fine men.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How dare you impugn the most awesome IP vehicle to ever exist, the Armoured assault mercedes!

[img=img248.imageshack.us/img248/7196/assaultmercedeswm5.th.jpg]
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Need some addresses!

Mike
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How dare you impugn the most awesome IP vehicle to ever exist, the Armoured assault mercedes!

I'm not sure what that has to do with Taxis - but I must admit, that picture was funny.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure what that has to do with Taxis - but I must admit, that picture was funny.

When I heard Iraq+orange fenders I immediately thought IP vehicle, for some reason, hence the pic.

Link Posted: 7/26/2007 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you and stay safe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#19]
hi, sorry i havent been faster but i got a little busy.  i am rolling back out in about an hour so internet will be sketchy for me for the next week or two, but i will do my best to hit up the TOC computer when i can and keep you guys updated.  im a tanker so i dont get into the TOC much.  i only get to use reliable internet when back at the fob for refit.

here is a general address you can use to send things to people in the outpost, just plant their name in front or address it to simply HQ PLT, COP CAHILL

B Co
1-15IN 3HBCT 3ID
APO AE 09308-5956

personally i am good on stuff, i have a wife that takes good care of me, plus my dad and brother are over here too on superfobs so they send me stuff.  a lot of guys arent lucky like that and have barely recieved a single letter over here.  a care package would be nice, but any form of support from home is what is really needed, such as letters and postcards too.  what i will do is continue to take pics and bios and post them so you guys can meet some of these fine soldiers.

heres a link to some videos of our guys in action over there, ill take some more around the outpost too and post them as well.

iraq vids

thanks fellas!
david
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#20]
David, thanks for the follow-up info. If you can, find out for me what type of tobacco PFC Matt Drew prefers. I'll send him some over pronto.

In the meantime, until I find out what items each of the guys might like best, I can go ahead and get some letters started. And I am sure some things such as magazines would go over particularly well with most of the guys, especially those magazines that have lots of cute women showing lots of skin.

SPC Michael Murray you described as liking hunting, fishing and auto mechanics. So I am sure he'd enjoy getting some American Hunter, Field and Stream and car magazines. Most of us have plenty of them scattered around the house and on the coffee table anyway. So box those suckers up and send them over!

You say PFC Matt Drew wants to become a firefighter when he gets out of the army. Being a firefighter myself (albeit volunteer), I have quite a few copies of Firehouse magazine just laying around. He'd probably enjoy those. And obviously, he likes tobacco. So we can't go wrong with that item, once we find out what brand/flavor he likes best.

Looks like PFC Alderman also likes hunting and fishing. I am sure us arf.commers could send over tons of magazines geared toward firearms, hunting and fishing.

PFC Quijano enjoys basketball and music. So we can send him sports magazines and burn him a bunch of CD's. Any styles or specific bands he particularly likes? I don't wanna send the guy Montgomery Gentry if he likes Metallica and I don't wanna send Metallica if he likes Eminem. There are so many popular forms of music these days and me being 10 years older than this guy, I have already lost any illusions of being hip. LOL. So help me out here.

It appears PFC Tobin enjoys movies, so I am sure we all have a bunch of DVD's in our collection we could burn and send him. I know we have lots of action movies and comedies like Office Space on hand. And as far as video games, what sort of game systems you guys have access to? I am sure there are plenty of folks here who'd gladly donate some Playstation or X-Box games to the cause, though this is an item I don't personally have.

PFC Tracy seems to like everything involving baseball! So it should be very easy to shop for him. I am sure you guys don't get to keep a schedule that would allow him to follow his favorite teams very often. So perhaps some of us could keep an eye on Fox and ESPN and record some to send him? That way he can watch them whenever he has spare time. Who is/are his favorite team/s? Obviously, sporting magazines that cover baseball would be appropriate. And last, I actually have a very, very large baseball card collection with some cards that are 30 years old and even older. I have quite a few fairly valuable rookie and error cards. Most I have doubles or triples of, as I was an avid collector when I was a kid. So I think I can bare passing some of them along to him. I'll be sure to pack them in protective cases and add in some sleeves so they don't get crushed or bent. I bet he won't be expecting to open up a care package and find a Mark McGuire mint condition rookie card in there.

Oh yeah, one other thing that seems universally loved. Jolly Ranchers hard candy! Hopefully these won't be as prone to melting as chocolate bars.

Anyway, I'll get to work starting this evening writing letters and gathering together as many items as I can. I should have enough stuff finished by the end of the weekend to begin sending items. I'll drop notes here with each package I send out, so we will all be able to track and keep up with what's sent to who, so as to not send too much of any one item to the same person.

OK arf.commers, lets give our boys over there some serious support. I know most of us aren't rich, but it doesn't require a ton of $$$ to put smiles on faces of men thousands of miles away from home, family and the country they know and love. And if we can get just 40 or 50 people out of the 100,000 members here to regularly send items and letters to these guys, they are gonna be well taken care of and made to feel much better.

OK folks, off to shower and get the day started. I look forward to seeing this effort come together.

Link Posted: 7/27/2007 3:00:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
snip

Awesome!

Michael Murray is getting tuna, hot chocolate (I know, but I had some) peppermints, nerds, now and laters, vitamins, a big box of orbit gum, cigars, and other things I cant think of, and a note thanking him and telling him to let me know what else he needs. Thats important right there. The first box is a suprise, the next need to be planned to maximize comfort.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I picked some stuff up at wally world last night.  Does anyone know can you use regular priority mail flat rate boxes to ship this stuff?
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Tagged. I'll see what I can do after work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I picked some stuff up at wally world last night.  Does anyone know can you use regular priority mail flat rate boxes to ship this stuff?
I believe the post office has specific boxes that you use to send stuff.

Very cool thread.  I'll do some more reading this weekend and see what I can send to who.

I have boxes of car magazines that I'm done with, if guys want those, I'll send them.  A few months old to 1999ish stored somewhere if someone would want those, along with other goods.

I believe there are some threads showing what would be good stuff, if someone has those tagged post up and I'll send whats wanted.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#25]
OST
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I believe the post office has specific boxes that you use to send stuff.

Very cool thread.  I'll do some more reading this weekend and see what I can send to who.

I have boxes of car magazines that I'm done with, if guys want those, I'll send them.  A few months old to 1999ish stored somewhere if someone would want those, along with other goods.

I believe there are some threads showing what would be good stuff, if someone has those tagged post up and I'll send whats wanted.

ANY box can be used.

Priority boxes are FREE at the P.O. as are the flate rate boxes.

Flat rate boxes are about 7 bucks per shipment no matter the weight or destination of the package. Hence the term ... flate rate.

So if the package is really heavy (magazines, books) ... but small enough to send in a flat rate box ... you save.

If it's a lightweight item (Q tips or candy), you are better off sending it in a regular box (size appropriate for your item) because the flat rate will cost you more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the mailing info. I'll send something out this weekend. This thread needs a tack. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm getting a package off today...

R/L
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Six packages outbound tomorrow. I hope the address is correct. I don't know what  I will do if all that instant Gatorade, candy, news papers, 5.56 bore snake comes back. ARE YOU SURE  THIS ADDRESS WILL WORK?

Here Is what I have: Doesn't it need a country, province, area?

BCO
1-15IN 3HBCT3ID
APOAE 09308-5956
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#31]
OK, I just thought of another item they might find useful and picked up a bunch of it this evening. Numerous decks of playing cards. I'll make sure each Soldier on the list gets at least one deck and if I have more leftover (and it appears there will be many more decks of cards than there are troops listed), I'll just drop in the extras as well. They can always use them to trade for other items. Also got a deck of Rook cards. The guys can use those anywhere, even when they don't have access to electricity.
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Pita,

go to the post office.  There are 3 different sizes of priority mail, flat rate boxes.  The boxes are free.....until you ship of course.

Sometimes I take my boxes right into the store and see what will fit.  (I always alert some store employee as to what I'm doing as it looks sorta funny on the security cameras.)

5sub
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Six packages outbound tomorrow. I hope the address is correct. I don't know what  I will do if all that instant Gatorade, candy, news papers, 5.56 bore snake comes back. ARE YOU SURE  THIS ADDRESS WILL WORK?

Here Is what I have: Doesn't it need a country, province, area?

BCO
1-15IN 3HBCT3ID
APOAE 09308-5956

For a civilian compariosn, the "APO" would go in the city field and the "AE"  (Armed Forces Europe) in the state field.

Add a name to your above and you should be good to go.

5sub
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#34]
daemon734,

now I know why my IM asking for names and addresses was never answered.

PLEASE give us a list of what your guys need and we'll get started.

5sub
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got PFC Aaron Tobin and PFC Ariel Quijano.*

Just got back from the airport post office and have sent:

PFC Tobin - 2 Boxes

PFC Quijano - 2 Boxes

Didn't really make a list as I was in hurry to get this done today.  However, I've sent a couple of boxes to soldiers before and had an idea of what to send.
5sub

*Unless TO Dave objects.

Link Posted: 7/28/2007 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#36]
height=8
Quoted:
I missed the original boat on this as well, but I would like some information about what else is needed and where I can help these guys.

^^^^

What he Said
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm in, guys please don't hesitate, tell us what you want/need.

rk
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Might be a good idea for us to post which person we're sending just to make certain everyone gets covered ????

Good idea. I got the first guy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#39]
5sub, good idea in announcing who we are sending items to and what. This will reduce confusion and allow us to make sure nobody gets left out.

Right now I am going to send the majority of the stuff I'll have gathered up by the first of the week to PFC Matt Drew. But I'm also going to also send some baseball related items and some other stuff to PFC Eric Tracy as well.

I still haven't got the total list of stuff together yet, as I will need to stop at a few stores to top everything off. But I will be sending about 4-5 fire-rescue related magazines, hard candy, canned meats, disposable razors, cotton swabs (for cleaning weapons as well as personal hygiene), soap, shampoo, AA batteries, tobacco (though I still haven't been informed what type Matt prefers), playing cards, rook cards, Reader's Digests, gun mags and music CD's to him. I would also like to add a few more items when I go shopping, such as those little packs of pudding, small packs of fruit cocktail, beef jerky, sausage sticks, cookies, crackers, bags of peanuts/cashews, etc. I'll try to pack in everything I can that he'd find useful or enjoy.

I'll also try to pack a similar box for Eric Tracy, though it'll be geared more toward baseball. Hopefully I can record several games off the tv between now and when I send the boxes out and I plan to throw in some rather collectible baseball cards in a protective case.

I also plan to sit down and write a letter to all of the troops listed, even the ones I am not sending packages to in this shipment. I wish to thank them for their service, compliment them on the outstanding job they are doing over there, offer words of encouragement, let them know they are appreciated and let them know I'll be praying for the safe return of each and every one of them. One can never under-estimate the value of a letter in a combat zone. They may not be expensive to send. But they are a source for communication of what's going on back in the world and lets these men know that there are people here thinking of them as they go about their dangerous and difficult tasks. As such, I will hopefully be able to send letters frequently and at least a few care packages each month for the remainder of their tour.

BTW, does anyone know how long 1-15 IN will remain in-country? If they are going to be there for a number of months or longer (I have no clue how long they've already been over there), then this stuff will really be needed to help lift their spirits even more urgently.

Link Posted: 7/28/2007 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Just so everyone knows,  There was a thread earlier where several people volunteered to help some guys out.  Daemon said he would find some people and get back to us.  He has sent IM's "assigning" these guys to the people that volunteered.

I sent out a package to Eric Tracy this morning.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pita,

go to the post office.  There are 3 different sizes of priority mail, flat rate boxes.  The boxes are free.....until you ship of course.

Sometimes I take my boxes right into the store and see what will fit.  (I always alert some store employee as to what I'm doing as it looks sorta funny on the security cameras.)

5sub

Yeah, I know their free at the post office.  I have several that I picked up and have at my house so I can package stuff up.  I just wanted to make sure the "flat rate" still applied to the APO addresses since they weren't "technically" US addresses.
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#41]

God i miss outposts

I see you where blessed with one of those fine leaning guard/masturbation towers of pizza(Pisa). Ours reached a nice 25 degree angle once it rained. I highly recommend a "do not fart" sign. One good ND and it may just tip over. And dont let any of your high speeds bring a AT4 up there. Back blast in a concrete wack shack is not a good idea.
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#42]
wow, i want to say thanks to everyone!  i am compiling a list of some other soldiers i will put up in the same way.  pics will have to wait until i can get back to a FOB, maybe a week from now.  i had given out individuals to those who requested, but due to the number of people i have asking to help with this and my time and bandwidth constraints i wont be able to indivdually send PMs until i can get back to the brick and use a real computer, so dont think im duckin ya!

as was stated, those magazines and general boredom killers are great for these guys, as whenever you arent on guard or mission there is absolutely NOTHING to do on an outpost.  

1-15IN's got another 9 months out of a 15 month deployment ahead of us, and its good to know you guys are there.  ust to let you all know, the boys of B Co fended off a large attack on the outpost last night, i have a video i will try and post later.  lets just say 7-10 RPG's and assloads of machine gun fire was no match for us.  i just spent the last half hour clearing PKM's and AK's captured, at least the ones that werent obliterated by the apaches and 25mm's on the brads.

FMJshooter, you are with 1st Cav now?  were you out in rustamyah or somewhere else?
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
wow, i want to say thanks to everyone!  

Stupid question, probably, but is there anything that shouldn't be included in care/morale packages?

I've got a bunch of stuff that might provide some enjoyment to the servicemen and women that are serving in country, but don't want to cause anyone any issues either.
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
wow, i want to say thanks to everyone!  i am compiling a list of some other soldiers i will put up in the same way.  pics will have to wait until i can get back to a FOB, maybe a week from now.  i had given out individuals to those who requested, but due to the number of people i have asking to help with this and my time and bandwidth constraints i wont be able to indivdually send PMs until i can get back to the brick and use a real computer, so dont think im duckin ya!

as was stated, those magazines and general boredom killers are great for these guys, as whenever you arent on guard or mission there is absolutely NOTHING to do on an outpost.  

1-15IN's got another 9 months out of a 15 month deployment ahead of us, and its good to know you guys are there.  ust to let you all know, the boys of B Co fended off a large attack on the outpost last night, i have a video i will try and post later.  lets just say 7-10 RPG's and assloads of machine gun fire was no match for us.  i just spent the last half hour clearing PKM's and AK's captured, at least the ones that werent obliterated by the apaches and 25mm's on the brads.

FMJshooter, you are with 1st Cav now?  were you out in rustamyah or somewhere else?

Yea i was with 1-12 up north in Baqubah but i got sent home early WIA.
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

daemon,

I told you in the other thread where you ate our ass out for not helping, that if you would get us some names and addresses, we WOULD HELP !  

There are some very fine, caring and supportive people here on AR15.com.

5sub
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea i was with 1-12 up north in Baqubah but i got sent home early WIA.

FMJ,

you doing alright now ?????

5sub
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I've got PFC Aaron Tobin and PFC Ariel Quijano for the month of August 2007.

Will post back as to what I've sent and when the boxes were sent.

5sub

Might be a good idea for us to post which person we're sending just to make certain everyone gets covered ????

PFC Aaron Tobin
B Co
1-15IN 3HBCT 3ID
APO AE 09308-5956

Will one of you Army guys please make sure I have the address correct ??

I had Daemon734 assign PFC Tobin to me last week and went on vacation, already have the shopping done. If you already have sent his package let me know so that I can have him give me another name. So far I have gotten him hygene and lots and lots of Scoobie Snacks, so whatever I sent to another soldier isn't going to be specific to any particular soldier. I just hope that whoever gets my package likes Teryaki Beef Jerky, 'cause he's getting 5lbs worth....
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've got PFC Aaron Tobin and PFC Ariel Quijano for the month of August 2007.

Will post back as to what I've sent and when the boxes were sent.

5sub

PFC Aaron Tobin
B Co
1-15IN 3HBCT 3ID
APO AE 09308-5956

Will one of you Army guys please make sure I have the address correct ??

I had Daemon734 assign PFC Tobin to me last week and went on vacation, already have the shopping done. If you already have sent his package let me know so that I can have him give me another name. So far I have gotten him hygene and lots and lots of Scoobie Snacks, so whatever I sent to another soldier isn't going to be specific to any particular soldier. I just hope that whoever gets my package likes Teryaki Beef Jerky, 'cause he's getting 5lbs worth....

T.O. Dave,

well shit, I just got back from the airport post office and mailing packages to PFC Tobin and PFC Quijano.

I put letters in with both commiting to a box per month for each.  I would like to keep that committment unless it causes you too much heart burn ??

IF alright with you, I would like to keep these two.

Please advise.

5sub

Oh, I ran out of room BEFORE I could put in any jerky !!
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I've got PFC Aaron Tobin and PFC Ariel Quijano.*

Just got back from the airport post office and have sent:

PFC Tobin - 2 Boxes

PFC Quijano - 2 Boxes

Didn't really make a list as I was in hurry to get this done today.  However, I've sent a couple of boxes to soldiers before and had an idea of what to send.
5sub

*Unless TO Dave objects.

BTW, I play a few Holdem tournaments on the net - not big money cause I'm not good enough - but I am good enough to win small money fairly consistently. I want you guys to know MANY American and not a few European players contributed to these boxes !!  

Link Posted: 7/29/2007 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't see it being a problem if multiple people contribute to the same Soldier, so long as everyone who sends stuff lists the items they send. There are a lot of members here who will get involved with this effort, so I am sure we as a group can help out all of the guys who need stuff. This board could take care of the whole company if we made a combined effort. But it doesn't sound like the whole company needs these packages and letters, just some of them. Hopefully we can get enough people onboard to support all of the guys in need 2x or 3x over.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top