BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Lot's of St Louis interest in this pistol.

I want one too.

Guess I will have to talk to Bullseye and stop by mid america this week.

Quoted:

I actually saw it in Mid america but i wasn't ready to put down the dough for without checking online first.  I'm glad I waited.  I gave Bullseye a call yesterday and he said he would do it for $425.  I'm on the waitlist now so everyone can get in line!

Link Posted: 5/4/2011 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
J&G has the Mini Draco listed on their site now, looks like they're one of the first.
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/romanian-ak-draco-mini-7-62x39-caliber-handgun-/products_id/5867
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if this will fit it? MI is making a similar one for about half the price.
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/kciquadrailakfore-endgrip-1.aspx
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
J&G has the Mini Draco listed on their site now, looks like they're one of the first.
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/romanian-ak-draco-mini-7-62x39-caliber-handgun-/products_id/5867
If you read the ad closely, it says this gun is made by Century. Probably a typo, but I wonder if this gun is made 100% in Romania, or shortened in the USA? Either way, I'll be sticking with my "C".   GARY  N4KVE

Link Posted: 5/5/2011 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you read the ad closely, it says this gun is made by Century. Probably a typo, but I wonder if this gun is made 100% in Romania, or shortened in the USA? Either way, I'll be sticking with my "C".   GARY  N4KVE

I read through the ad to see what you were talking about and I see where the confusion is. When reading the second to last sentence it says "This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International and may contain both new US made parts and original used surplus parts."

That is kind of vague, but what I get out of it is that you are not guaranteed an all Romy AK. Rather it will be a mix of Romy/U.S. parts and assembled by Century.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm very interested in getting one- I would like hear from some owners and for the price to come down first, though.

J&G's $50 shipping
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read through the ad to see what you were talking about and I see where the confusion is. When reading the second to last sentence it says "This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International and may contain both new US made parts and original used surplus parts."

That is kind of vague, but what I get out of it is that you are not guaranteed an all Romy AK. Rather it will be a mix of Romy/U.S. parts and assembled by Century.

This would describe a WASR, or any gun they import that requires 922 compliance. I wonder if that statement is just a standard disclaimer.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

J&G's $50 shipping

I'll be more inclined to buy once Centerfire, AIM or Classic Arms gets them. J&G has a lot of stuff I want, but the shipping is a HUGE turnoff...
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I'm lost.  Could someone please lead me to a thread where there is a range report.   To sit here an foam at the mouth for all the accessories that you want to put on but not known how reliable it is, is beyond me.

Range report!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This would describe a WASR, or any gun they import that requires 922 compliance. I wonder if that statement is just a standard disclaimer.  GARY  N4KVE

The regular draco has the same disclaimer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#11]
These look uber-cool.

As soon as I think my firearms collection is complete, they always come out with one thing more I gotta have.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a little info, I e-mailed the corporate office of century arms and actually got a reply...i know, surprise surprise!

FW: draco mini
To:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

They are made like that in Romania and imported over.

Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:31 PM
To: Dina Sanders
Subject: draco mini

Are these configured like this out of Romania? Or are they regular Dracos that are imported then modified in the U.S.?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just a little info, I e-mailed the corporate office of century arms and actually got a reply...i know, surprise surprise!

FW: draco mini
To:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

They are made like that in Romania and imported over.

Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:31 PM
To: Dina Sanders
Subject: draco mini

Are these configured like this out of Romania? Or are they regular Dracos that are imported then modified in the U.S.?

Thanks!

Well, I believe we have our answer. Thanks for doing the leg work for us.

After hearing that I think I need to pony up the cash and get one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess I'm lost.  Could someone please lead me to a thread where there is a range report.   To sit here an foam at the mouth for all the accessories that you want to put on but not known how reliable it is, is beyond me.

Range report!!!

We don't have a fellow member who has posted a range report on the Mini yet. I am sure we will see one happen soon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#15]
If I get the go ahead from the wife (I know, I know. It's complicated) I think ill pony up without a range report.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is a gunbroker listing with some good information and detailed pics:

Gunbroker Mini Draco
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Gunbroker Mini Draco

Those are some good pics, anyone know the scoop with the buffer block?

Link Posted: 5/6/2011 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunbroker Mini Draco

Yeah, Is it polymer/rubber/elastomer? It looks like a block of metal in the pic, although he's not exactly squeezing it to show if it's flexible or what either.

I love this though:
I'll bet you haven't seen many of these laying around. When my distributor offered them to me, I called the manufacturer to get some details. They were really surprised that I could even get any yet. Well, I brought in three of them. That means I have one to sell and one for each hip. These are going to replace my Colts in the SASS events. You'll recognize this immediately as a shortened version of the very popular draco pistol. Century has named these the mini-draco. It is chambered in 7.62X39, the AK round. It comes with two 30rd magazines. It is made in Romania just like the draco and just like the WASR rifles and underfolders I offer. Same receiver, same innards, different barrels. While the draco barrel is about 11.5", the barrel on this mini is about 7.5". I've supplied a photo of the two together so you can decide which one will fit into your momma's purse better. The barrel thread protector is spot welded on. The front sight base and gas block is different from the draco with the main difference being that the cleaning rod track has been removed and an hole drilled and tapped to receive the front handguard retaining screw. The handguard has a steel insert to spread out the pressure of that mounting screw on the wood. This isn't a jury-rigged version. It is legitimately re-engineered with some thoughtful design features. The handguard has a different contour reminiscent of the Galil, including a forward curve to encourage your hand not to get in front of the muzzle. There is a buffer block installed in front of the rear trunnion. It just drops in and is held in place by the recoil spring assembly. The rear trunnion looks like an unfinished folder trunnion just as on the dracos. The mini weighs in around 5.5 pounds, about a pound lighter than its big brother. It would be a great platform for an SBR. For instructions on conversion to full auto, please contact the ATF at www.we-will-kick-your-ass-and-take-your-donuts-too.com. I can do a California compliance version for you if you wish. Contact me to discuss it BEFORE you bid. If you would like to make use of the payment plan, contact me before you bid for the details. Feel free to contact me with any other questions too. If you pay me with a US postal money order, I'll ship soonest. Other money orders or anything called a check are fine with me but they sit ten business days before I ship. I can't take payments with plastic and I won't do business with PayPal. Not NEVER, No way. They are American traitors! They are Trojans. They are moles. They are undermining the principles upon which a great God-fearing country was founded. Be of good courage. Take a stand against these types. Your stand DOES matter! Don't prostitute yourself for the convenience. They are insinuating themselves into our society and gaining great wealth that they will use to change things. That's right, they belong to the changers. And my how they are progressing! Well, I expect the future holds a few changes of its own for their kind. But we can oppose them now while it doesn't require bloodshed. The mini-draco will make a great personal defense weapon, especially as a SBR. It will be a fun blaster. And it is absolutely guaranteed to turn heads where ever it's shown. So, if you have a hankering for such a pistol, get on in there and bid! Thanks, guys.

LOL. I like this guy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunbroker Mini Draco

The buffer block is there to prevent the bolt carrier from coming too far back, with out it, the piston comes out of the RSB completely and would batter and jam.
I have one torn apart here int he shop ready  to SBR, just need to decide on the stock. I am going to try and modify a MI rail to fit the gun, and am thinking a Vortex or similar flash suppressor may be in order for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, Is it polymer/rubber/elastomer? It looks like a block of metal in the pic, although he's not exactly squeezing it to show if it's flexible or what either.

plastic, looks machined to me and not cast, which is weird.

Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Draco v. Min Draco

Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the pics, its nice to see a comparison. I think the Mini will be a pretty popular AK pistol.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pics, its nice to see a comparison. I think the Mini will be a pretty popular AK pistol.

I think so. We got 4 in, 1 is left.
1 is with me to SBR, the 2nd went to another smith, the 3rd is with a customer who wants to shoot it before it gets turned into an SBR(He is going to chrono it for me also)
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

PS- If they made that in 5.45 I'd get 2.

Why, so you could shoot the more expensive Wolf and Silver Bear out of it? Because that's all you would be able to buy if a 5.45 pistol hits the market. Use your head.

Link Posted: 5/6/2011 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a hideous abomination!

I want one.

THIS!!!!

Uh... How about NO.

If a pistol in 5.45 is ever imported, sold, or produced in the U.S. it would get all N76 steel core 5.45 banned forever, as "steel core armor piercing handgun ammunition".

Olympic arms made an AR pistol in 7.62x39 a bit over a decade ago, and despite people screaming at them not to... and all the cheap spam-can steel core 7.62 got banned as "handgun ammo".

I guess you can say good bye to the steel core ammo! 5.45 pistol

The days of 7N6 are numbered. Those fucking pricks. Another fucking AR pistol too...Olympic somehow behind this one too?
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to know something. I'm asking one of the guys who owns this gun. Please remove the buffer, & then pull the bolt carrier all the way back. Does the gas piston come out of the gastube. I'm wondering if that's the reason for the buffer, to prevent that from happening. Thank's.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd like to know something. I'm asking one of the guys who owns this gun. Please remove the buffer, & then pull the bolt carrier all the way back. Does the gas piston come out of the gastube. I'm wondering if that's the reason for the buffer, to prevent that from happening. Thank's.  GARY  N4KVE

It sure looks like it would.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I posted the answer to this on Page 3
The buffer is there to prevent the bolt carrier from coming back too far, without the buffer the carrier will come out of the RSB.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#30]
OK, so I just took my "C" apart & did some measuring. It seems they could have used a 1 or 2 inch gas piston on this mini pistol, & not had to use the buffer. Why would they screw a piston head right into the carrier. Normally, the head is just before the gasblock, & gasport, but in this new gun, it's further back, so the gas piston is too short, & the buffer is needed, or the whole bolt & carrier will fall out. It seems the gas piston in the rsb keeps the carrier from falling out. Any theories on this?  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

OK, so I just took my "C" apart & did some measuring. It seems they could have used a 1 or 2 inch gas piston on this mini pistol, & not had to use the buffer. Why would they screw a piston head right into the carrier. Normally, the head is just before the gasblock, & gasport, but in this new gun, it's further back, so the gas piston is too short, & the buffer is needed, or the whole bolt & carrier will fall out. It seems the gas piston in the rsb keeps the carrier from falling out. Any theories on this?  GARY  N4KVE

Because they're Century guns?

Link Posted: 5/6/2011 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I picked one up last night and just shot it tonight. It was a blast to shoot!  Shot 80 rounds with no issues.  Huge fireball and very loud.  Pretty accurate for such a short sight radius.  I plan to SBR mine, and was wondering if anyone knew if you had to swap parts out to be 922(r) compliant?  I am hoping to shoot again tomorrow and will post some pics and maybe video.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I picked one up last night and just shot it tonight. It was a blast to shoot!  Shot 80 rounds with no issues.  Huge fireball and very loud.  Pretty accurate for such a short sight radius.  I plan to SBR mine, and was wondering if anyone knew if you had to swap parts out to be 922(r) compliant?  I am hoping to shoot again tomorrow and will post some pics and maybe video.

Consensus on that is, be 922(r) compliant just to be safe. There are conflicting statements from the BATFE on whether or not NFA rifles need to be compliant, so most people will tell you to watch your parts count to be on the safe side

P.S. I'm jealous that everyone is buying these before I have even held one...
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consensus on that is, be 922(r) compliant just to be safe. There are conflicting statements from the BATFE on whether or not NFA rifles need to be compliant, so most people will tell you to watch your parts count to be on the safe side

LOL just ordered mine today from j and g. Should have it early next week.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they're Century guns?  

A few pages back someone already called CAI and confirmed they are all Romy and not assembled in the U.S. by CAI.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm going to say gas port pressure.  Having the piston further back should reduce the pressure that would slam the carrier into the rear trunnion otherwise.

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're the "Manufacturer" of the NFA weapon, doesn't that make it American Manufactured requiring no 922r compliance?
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#37]
RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

QUIT DICKING AROUND AND SHOOT THE DAMN THING!
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

Quoted:
I picked one up last night and just shot it tonight. It was a blast to shoot! Shot 80 rounds with no issues. Huge fireball and very loud. Pretty accurate for such a short sight radius. I plan to SBR mine, and was wondering if anyone knew if you had to swap parts out to be 922(r) compliant? I am hoping to shoot again tomorrow and will post some pics and maybe video.

What more are you expecting from a range report?
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Mini Draco with Yugo Surplus Ball chrono'd at 1980fps
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

Quoted:
I picked one up last night and just shot it tonight. It was a blast to shoot! Shot 80 rounds with no issues. Huge fireball and very loud. Pretty accurate for such a short sight radius. I plan to SBR mine, and was wondering if anyone knew if you had to swap parts out to be 922(r) compliant? I am hoping to shoot again tomorrow and will post some pics and maybe video.

Ok, cool.  Do you know where I put my eye glasses.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2011 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

RANGE REPORT!

Quoted:

Ok, cool.  Do you know where I put my eye glasses.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2011 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Mini Draco with Yugo Surplus Ball chrono'd at 1980fps

Nice. 7.62x39 = my favorite short barrel cartridge of all time
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Talked to J&G sales this afternoon. They got 100 mini dracos mid week and have already sold 25. Gonna make the drive Monday for one. Will try to mod
a stock draco forearm to fit it better. I love a new project. Photos to follow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2011 6:22:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Talked to J&G sales this afternoon. They got 100 mini dracos mid week and have already sold 25. Gonna make the drive Monday for one. Will try to mod

Too bad they want $50 for shipping

Link Posted: 5/8/2011 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad they want $50 for shipping

True, but even with the $50 shipping it averages out to the same overall price as other dealers offering them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2011 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, good point.  If I was local to them I'd be all over it for that price.  I may have to see what my local fun shop could order one for.
Link Posted: 5/9/2011 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a hideous abomination!

I want one.

THIS!!!!

Uh... How about NO.

If a pistol in 5.45 is ever imported, sold, or produced in the U.S. it would get all N76 steel core 5.45 banned forever, as "steel core armor piercing handgun ammunition".

Olympic arms made an AR pistol in 7.62x39 a bit over a decade ago, and despite people screaming at them not to... and all the cheap spam-can steel core 7.62 got banned as "handgun ammo".

I guess you can say good bye to the steel core ammo! 5.45 pistol

The days of 7N6 are numbered. Those fucking pricks. Another fucking AR pistol too...Olympic somehow behind this one too?

Interesting... it's no longer on their site.
Link Posted: 5/9/2011 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#48]
I ordered a Mini this morning from J&G, just couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2011 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I ordered a Mini this morning from J&G, just couldn't help myself.

same here
Link Posted: 5/9/2011 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Just got back from my road trip

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m106/Desertblade/MiniDraco002.jpg

With the "Cookie Cutter" Muzzle break and Tanker Mag.
Page / 8
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top