Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll wait for Zen to make his thread about it, but for me it's basically just cosmetic. We will be running through it this weekend.

View Quote

Roger that. I will watch his thread with curiosity.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll wait for Zen to make his thread about it, but for me it's basically just cosmetic. We will be running through it this weekend.

View Quote

The visual appearance of the metal finish is what bothers me - just make them look jet black like a genuine Izzy 103 and I'm sold - see below:

KUSA AK-103:

Izhmash AK-103:

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Well KUSA wants my rifle back. They think the front sign base is canted.

Now I remember what my SAR-2 looked like when I first received it. It doesn’t look canted to me. I think the FSB or front sight drum is out of spec. The drum may be galled inside the FSB when they pressed it in. The alignment of the FSB to me relative to the trunion appears fine.

They sent me a FedEx label. I’ll try to ship it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well KUSA wants my rifle back. They think the front sign base is canted.

Now I remember what my SAR-2 looked like when I first received it. It doesn’t look canted to me. I think the FSB or front sight drum is out of spec. The drum may be galled inside the FSB when they pressed it in. The alignment of the FSB to me relative to the trunion appears fine.

They sent me a FedEx label. I’ll try to ship it out tomorrow.
View Quote

I had an issue with my KP-9 and their customer service was excellent - less than two weeks from when it left my hands to it was returned. It was fixed and they give me some swag for my trouble.

Hopefully your results are the same.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I took off the lower handguard in preparation for my OSS FH install:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10504/IMG_7439_jpg-2196630.JPG

Marked CHF Kalashnikov USA. No other markings, but at least it says CHF.

OSS FH install went well. Will let it sit overnight before checking concentricity with my OSS can.

Problem: Still cannot move the front sight post using a Magnamatic tool. Yes, I did make sure the thing was concentric. I also have an old C-clamp style tool.....still won't budge at all. I tried from both directions while my rifle was in a Otis vise block (on the barrel and even on the trunion). The front sight will not drift period. I wonder if there was galling on the inside I cannot see (or press fit beyond repair). It shoots 2" to the left at 25 yards, so yes, it needs to be drifted the other way. I'll email KUSA and see what they say.
View Quote

I just got my Kr-103 sfs today.
- My barrel did not have the same markings as you. Just had a C stamped at the top of the barrel with a small K circled. Not sure if this means I just got a chrome forged buttoned barrel
- Gun was missing the shepherds hook / trigger retainer plate / "trigger axis pin lock"
- Button for folding stock is very very stiff. Have to get leverage and push very hard to fold the stock
- Gas tube locking leaver looks like someone bottomed it out on the receiver. I don't care about the way it looks; just thought I would note it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

- My barrel did not have the same markings as you. Just had a C stamped at the top of the barrel with a small K circled. Not sure if this means I just got a chrome forged buttoned barrel
- Gun was missing the shepherds hook / trigger retainer plate / "trigger axis pin lock"
- Button for folding stock is very very stiff. Have to get leverage and push very hard to fold the stock
- Gas tube locking leaver looks like someone bottomed it out on the receiver. I don't care about the way it looks; just thought I would note it.
View Quote

Interesting. Can anyone else confirm the markings on their barrels? I would expect some consistency, if nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The markings “CHF Kalashnikov USA” were on the bottom right side of my barrel. Take the lower hand guard off. You won’t see them without taking the handguard off.

My folding stock button was incredibly stiff. I actuated it 15-20 times and used lube. It helped.

That is crap you don’t have a retainer plate like mine, but I guess it will work fine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I had stripped my rifle to install new furniture; the only markings I saw were the ones I noted.

I will strip it down again and double check, maybe the etching was extremely light
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Very weird. I would call them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
KUSA got back to me
-  The barrel markings (Circle k + C) are consistent with CHF. The "Kalashnikov usa CHF" markings are from a short run
- They are sending me a plate
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
KUSA got back to me
-  The barrel markings (Circle k + C) are consistent with CHF. The "Kalashnikov usa CHF" markings are from a short run
- They are sending me a plate
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Still waiting for rifle or update from KUSA. I emailed them last night.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Update:
- No plate
- Also noticed that the magazine catch pin walks out; was not flared at all
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The button rifled guns are 103SFSX according to an email exchange with KUSA. Not sure if the X appears on box labeling or bar codes, etc.
View Quote

103SFSX? They're making button-rifled sidefolders in addition to the CHF ones?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI, I am still waiting on my rifle. I was quoted 7-14 days lead time 14 days ago. I'll call them at the end of the week again.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FYI, I am still waiting on my rifle. I was quoted 7-14 days lead time 14 days ago. I'll call them at the end of the week again.

View Quote

How long have they had it in total?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How long have they had it in total?
View Quote

Since ~mid-December.

They just emailed me last night saying repairs are complete and there will be a letter with my rifle saying what exactly they fixed. I should get it back Monday.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Since ~mid-December.

They just emailed me last night saying repairs are complete and there will be a letter with my rifle saying what exactly they fixed. I should get it back Monday.
View Quote

Honestly, two months turn around is not good. Who knows how many people they have working right now though, its not as large of an outfit as PSA or any of the other big manufacturers/builders.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Should I sell my arsenal ak’s and buy the kusa models, it’s is more important for me to have the platform over the brand name
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Honestly, two months turn around is not good. Who knows how many people they have working right now though, its not as large of an outfit as PSA or any of the other big manufacturers/builders.
View Quote

Surefire has had my FN SCAR barrel and SOCOM 762 can since October if it is any consolation. COVID and the messed up terrible labor pool has screwed just about any and every industry.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Should I sell my arsenal ak’s and buy the kusa models, it’s is more important for me to have the platform over the brand name
View Quote

HELL NO!

If your Arsenals run well, keep them. If anything, Gucci them with a Rifle Dynamics upgrade package. They will be far more valuable with a Bulgarian CHF barrel etc than any US made stuff.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#24]
FedEx showed up to my house on a Sunday with the rifle (go figure).

All the sheet of paper said was “serviced front sight, test fired”.

The front sight drum has to be either different or refinished, because there are no marks on it. Perhaps they replaced the FSB?

The top cover is slightly tighter when installed on the rifle.

I had installed a OSS FH onto the FSB. It was perfectly concentric with my OSS 762 suppressor, as measured by a Geissele 762 rod.

Now this is what it looks like:

Attachment Attached File

Not sure if I should reinstall it or not. OSS’s clearance on the front end cap is rather small compared to my Surefires. I’m concentric on my Zastava and Galil ACE 16” (both 7.62x39). Thoughts?

I’ll try to hit the range later this week to make sure I can zero the front sight.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top