User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because that is Nicholas Irving's Glock. He really is an operator. Has a pretty impressive record with the 75th where he earned the nick name Reaper because of all his confirmed kills in under a month. I have had the opportunity to hang out with him a few times and he is a pretty cool guy. Real genuine and humble.

I am not a fan of this rifle, but I realling am digging that lower. Wouldn't mind picking a few up for some custom builds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That poor pimped out Glock in the OP's pic...poor thing had the misfortune to be bought by an " operator".

Pretty bad. Thank god it was only a glock and not a 1911

Because that is Nicholas Irving's Glock. He really is an operator. Has a pretty impressive record with the 75th where he earned the nick name Reaper because of all his confirmed kills in under a month. I have had the opportunity to hang out with him a few times and he is a pretty cool guy. Real genuine and humble.

I am not a fan of this rifle, but I realling am digging that lower. Wouldn't mind picking a few up for some custom builds.

Agreed on all.  The price is actually pretty reasonable for everything added up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Given how demonized AR's are already, the media and the antis (but I repeat myself) would really eat up "Reaper."

How about "Fluffy Bunny" instead?

Link Posted: 11/3/2013 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Agreed on all.  The price is actually pretty reasonable for everything added up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That poor pimped out Glock in the OP's pic...poor thing had the misfortune to be bought by an " operator".

Pretty bad. Thank god it was only a glock and not a 1911

I wouldnt mind one but Id rather have it in .308.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is some comments from facebook.

Facebook user:

Ok,, got my attention, looking real hard at ordering one! Now tell me why I would order this one instead of a Colt

Arsenal Democracy:

Well, we've all shot Colts for work and they all function for what it's worth. It's like the difference between just surviving and thriving. Functioning and Performing. I won't bad mouth their company, but I will say that in comparison they offer: no raptor ambi charging handle, no HK416 enhanced buffer tube, no tungsten powder buffer, no Microslick coating, no Cerakote finish, no midlength gas system with 16 adjustable settings, no ambi mag catch, no free float rail system, no Minimalist buttstock, no suppressor ready muzzle device, no billet upper, no billet lower, absolutely no 416R Stainless match barrel, no blueprinted action, and definitely no NAVSEA Crane Joint Armorers and Special Forces Soldiers assembling their gun. That's a lot of "No's." Now if you didn't care about all that(and you may not) and the price was a huge difference, then the decision would still be pretty cut and dry. You don't buy Sony if you want RCA. But considering the price difference is somewhere around $200-$250 for all that I just listed...the decision just got a little harder, didn't it?

Link Posted: 11/3/2013 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Facebook user:

Ok,, got my attention, looking real hard at ordering one! Now tell me why I would order this one instead of a Colt

Arsenal Democracy:

Well, we've all shot Colts for work and they all function for what it's worth. It's like the difference between just surviving and thriving. Functioning and Performing. I won't bad mouth their company, but I will say that in comparison they offer: no raptor ambi charging handle, no HK416 enhanced buffer tube, no tungsten powder buffer, no Microslick coating, no Cerakote finish, no midlength gas system with 16 adjustable settings, no ambi mag catch, no free float rail system, no Minimalist buttstock, no suppressor ready muzzle device, no billet upper, no billet lower, absolutely no 416R Stainless match barrel, no blueprinted action, and definitely no NAVSEA Crane Joint Armorers and Special Forces Soldiers assembling their gun. That's a lot of "No's." Now if you didn't care about all that(and you may not) and the price was a huge difference, then the decision would still be pretty cut and dry. You don't buy Sony if you want RCA. But considering the price difference is somewhere around $200-$250 for all that I just listed...the decision just got a little harder, didn't it?

View Quote

they make a compelling argument .
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes.

Plus ...

BCM
Spikes Tactical
PSA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd look at Noveske, KAC, Daniel Defense or any of the "big" names. They aren't as whiz-bang, but they've carved their places out in the market for a reason.

Yes.

Plus ...

BCM
Spikes Tactical
PSA

LOL. PSA and Spikes? You're kidding right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sometimes it is not about the price points. Sometimes it is about who built the rifle, and what it represents. I did a custom build, and while I could have gone with aero precision for my upper and lower, I decided to go with something MUCH more expensive. Why you may ask? Because the parts are built completely differently. Aero is a mass producing company, and while they make a great product, I wanted something that just.. meant more. The upper and lower i bought were machined in house, by a small company. The owner still does all the work himself. I prefer this over mass produced components. This is why my rifle costs as much as it does even tho i could have essentially gotten the same-ish result with mass produced parts and spend probably about half of what I spent.

Sometimes its not all about the money dudes. Sometimes its about where the product comes from and WHY it is made.
View Quote

Um NO, just NO.

It is about the quality of the firearm.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's coming together. It will look like this without laser and the Eotech.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Rosy3392/Blackwater590.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because Joe Biden says to get a shotgun.

It's coming together. It will look like this without laser and the Eotech.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Rosy3392/Blackwater590.jpg

Hideous.

As for the AR, for what you get, it doesn't seem all that bad.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2013 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Both of Arsenal Democracy's owners put their heart into everything that they do. They have been assembling custom builds for friends that use them as work guns for years before deciding to get into the manufacturing side of things. So they gear their design to be a work gun.
They would never release an unreliable rifle, because one of their friends will end up taking it into combat and not just use it to take pics of to post on Facebook or AR15.com.
They would rather not be in this business then to let down one of their brothers.  
Some have made statements on competing rifle forums that the Reaper 33 rifle needs to be tested by real or seasoned shooters before they will respect the rifle. No disrespect to those people but their definition of a "real shooter" shoot their rifles at paper or steel targets and their round count they shoot per year doesn't come close to the "shooters" that have already been testing it. Arsenal's rifle has been tested by Nicholas Irving (3rd Ranger Battalion sniper) , SEAL team 5, 7TH SFG, and MARSOC just to name a few. One had 20k plus rounds put through it . So if some of these "real shooters" a few critics have called to verify the Reaper 33 rifle are veterans from SOF then I would thank them for their service and respect their opinion more because they are looking at the rifle as a tool for work and not a bench rest toy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Both of Arsenal Democracy's owners put their heart into everything that they do. They have been assembling custom builds for friends that use them as work guns for years before deciding to get into the manufacturing side of things. So they gear their design to be a work gun.
They would never release an unreliable rifle, because one of their friends will end up taking it into combat and not just use it to take pics of to post on Facebook or AR15.com.
They would rather not be in this business then to let down one of their brothers.  
Some have made statements on competing rifle forums that the Reaper 33 rifle needs to be tested by real or seasoned shooters before they will respect the rifle. No disrespect to those people but their definition of a "real shooter" shoot their rifles at paper or steel targets and their round count they shoot per year doesn't come close to the "shooters" that have already been testing it. Arsenal's rifle has been tested by Nicholas Irving (3rd Ranger Battalion sniper) , SEAL team 5, 7TH SFG, and MARSOC just to name a few. One had 20k plus rounds put through it . So if some of these "real shooters" a few critics have called to verify the Reaper 33 rifle are veterans from SOF then I would thank them for their service and respect their opinion more because they are looking at the rifle as a tool for work and not a bench rest toy.
View Quote

Nick Irving is a great American and it's awesome they have him on the front page of their web site modeling the product, but that equates to General Tire using Grady Powell in their ads.  The current business model/trend for start-up rifle companies these days is to claim the owners are somehow affiliated with SOF or XYZ unit is currently using/testing them.  We've all seen this before.  Any unproven company will be met with a bit of skepticism until proven otherwise.  Why should someone throw $1800 towards a product/company that has no proven track record behind it?  Because the company says so?  And I find it very suspect that you're a newbie around here, who just recently registered, who happens to be from Florida coincidently enough, and your first post is you coming out of the woodwork just to participate in this thread and defend this company.  We're not affiliated with Democracy Armament are we?  And I agree with what's already been said here.  I'll go with a proven company like KAC, who we know have a long history putting reliable guns in the hands of our fighting men and women, rather than some start-up company who seems to be more concerned about selling the SOF image rather than the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Um NO, just NO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes it is not about the price points. Sometimes it is about who built the rifle, and what it represents. I did a custom build, and while I could have gone with aero precision for my upper and lower, I decided to go with something MUCH more expensive. Why you may ask? Because the parts are built completely differently. Aero is a mass producing company, and while they make a great product, I wanted something that just.. meant more. The upper and lower i bought were machined in house, by a small company. The owner still does all the work himself. I prefer this over mass produced components. This is why my rifle costs as much as it does even tho i could have essentially gotten the same-ish result with mass produced parts and spend probably about half of what I spent.

Sometimes its not all about the money dudes. Sometimes its about where the product comes from and WHY it is made.

Um NO, just NO.

Is there something in that paragraph that says anything to contrary? No, not at all. So the point of your post was?
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps the company should tap a civilian industry professional vs a special operations soldier for a round of tests. We know the Special Operations Forces are good at shooting bad guys, breaking gear, and blowing stuff up.... but when it comes to the Reaper 33........well.... we can't even see their faces much less have them explain the in's and out's of their 20K round test results.

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have the rifles been tested/used by all of these SOF groups, or by former members? Maybe former members while employed by private security companies? These rifles seem too far from milspec to be allowed for use in military theater operations. It would be interesting to see the results of your "tests". I assume you are somehow involved with the company?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 3:26:47 AM EDT
[#16]
IF I were going to spend that kind of money on an AR I would buy it, but for that kind of $ I want something in .308
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Personally I have no use for AR15s with match/SS barrels, however this one seems pretty nice. I'd use a different stock, different finish color and I'd want a LW50 barrel but otherwise seems like it has some nice components.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#18]
They make great rifles
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#19]
So you are affiliated...that much was obvious.  Maybe its a good gun, but these guys seem more concerned with letting everyone know about being Green Berets than why this carbine is a good alternative to those from proven mfg's.  For similar money, there are known, quality options out there.  And you're not helping their case with the talk about "real shooters" vs those who only shoot at paper and steel.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
To start off I would like to say that I am friends with the two guys that own Arsenal and I do volunteer my time sweeping the floor at their shop once in a while. And I did join AR15.com to defend my friends reputations because that's what brothers do for one another and not because I am trying to sell anyone a rifle.
I understand that some people will be skeptical when a new company comes out and claims that this pro or that pro has tested or using their product. I am here to say that yes, active duty SEALS, Army Special Forces and other active duty soldiers are shooting the rifle. And they are not doing it for money. Arsenal was started by two Green Berets, one of which is still in the Army and the other recently got out. They only talk about their "image" because people kept asking who they were and why they think that they have any idea of how to make a great AR 15. So they are not trying to sell their image but just trying to show that they are legitimate soldiers that started a company and not poster boys that have their strings pulled by a corporate think tank.
They are good guys that are just doing what they love.
I have to leave for my day job now talk to you later  
View Quote

Thank you for your clarity and input.

I think they are making a good looking rifle and would consider buying one myself. Honestly, it isn't outrageously priced either.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To start off I would like to say that I am friends with the two guys that own Arsenal and I do volunteer my time sweeping the floor at their shop once in a while. And I did join AR15.com to defend my friends reputations because that's what brothers do for one another and not because I am trying to sell anyone a rifle.
I understand that some people will be skeptical when a new company comes out and claims that this pro or that pro has tested or using their product. I am here to say that yes, active duty SEALS, Army Special Forces and other active duty soldiers are shooting the rifle. And they are not doing it for money. Arsenal was started by two Green Berets, one of which is still in the Army and the other recently got out. They only talk about their "image" because people kept asking who they were and why they think that they have any idea of how to make a great AR 15. So they are not trying to sell their image but just trying to show that they are legitimate soldiers that started a company and not poster boys that have their strings pulled by a corporate think tank.
They are good guys that are just doing what they love.
I have to leave for my day job now talk to you later  
View Quote

Good that you admitted the affiliation, this group sniffs out shills for breakfast As I posted, for the money, it appears to be a good assembly of parts.  I would caution you against going too far with the Operator vs Target shooter only because there are many of both here and I assume that your friends would like to make money off of both.  I could be wrong; and if their target market is only those that would put themselves in harms way, then I digress.
Good luck with the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#22]
The question is being side-stepped. Yes, active duty SOF guys are shooting the rifle, but are they deploying with the Reaper 33, or are they taking it to the range like the "civilian" shooters? I'm sure there's leeway in some of these groups to allow personalized firearms, but it's a little hard to believe that these guys are deploying with them to use as a primary firearm.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for chiming in.

Again, knowing the background of the guy whose name is on the rifle, helps some so all is not lost.

I hope in the future though they come out with less gawdy designs and release some stuff for the traditionalist that still appreciates quality.   Rail selection would also help.  Keymod rails with traditional rails out at the front....defeats the whole freakin' purpose of keymod.  URX4, BCM's rail, NSR, something like that that allows you to actually use the keymod sections for something other than rail covers would be a better choice.

Lots of quality billet uppers and lowers out there too that are more traditional, yet still offer nicer lines and better features than the originals too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't get the hate.

The Reaper 33 looks to my eyes an awful lot like Travis Haley's Jack carbine and Pat Rogers' EAG carbine and Chris Costa's carbine: a fighting man's beau ideal of what and how an AR should be set up, broadly reflecting current common wisdom but influenced by individual preferences.  Good Lord, haven't I seen a metric shit-ton of ARs set up pretty much the same way, right here at ARF?

It seems as if there's two strains of objection to the Reaper: first, "I could build it for a lot less" and second, "dude just get a KAC."  (Or BCM, or whatever.)  As to the first objection, that's going to be true, for the savvy shopper who's willing to wait for just the right deal, on any rifle.  The second part ("just get a KAC") is as silly as "just get a Colt."

I'm taking at their word that the owners are US combat veterans----that seems like a pretty safe assertion.  And just between you and me and the fencepost, I'm willing to spend a few extra dollars for a product or service from a combat vet, particularly if they are otherwise "good people."  Finally, it's not like it's exactly rocket surgery to assemble a quality, hard use AR if you know what you're doing, use good parts, and pay attention to your work.

With all of that said, there's no way I'm going to get one.  There are enough quality parts out there, and my opinion of the beau ideal fighting carbine is just different enough, that I'll probably end up putting it together myself.  But if I was looking for a turnkey solution, I'd give these guys some consideration---and like another poster said, you have to love the price of $1776!
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The question is being side-stepped. Yes, active duty SOF guys are shooting the rifle, but are they deploying with the Reaper 33, or are they taking it to the range like the "civilian" shooters? I'm sure there's leeway in some of these groups to allow personalized firearms, but it's a little hard to believe that these guys are deploying with them to use as a primary firearm.
View Quote

There are Olympic Arms rifles in use in Iraq and Afghanistan.   The mission isn't a clear measure or the quality or usefulness of a rifle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There are Olympic Arms rifles in use in Iraq and Afghanistan.   The mission isn't a clear measure or the quality or usefulness of a rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but that's not the point I'm trying to make or get cleared up. They are asserting that their rifles are being used in combat operations by members of the special operations community, reinforced by the statement about "civilian" shooters. It directly correlates with their brand image and marketing. Otherwise, I'm sure it's a quality firearm.

I don't know. I'm newer to the M16/AR family of firearms, and certainly no expert on non-standard issue equipment, but it just seems a little far-fetched that a rifle pretty far removed from milspec is being used by operators in a theater of combat.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#27]
IMHO I think it looks pretty  badass
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I agree, but that's not the point I'm trying to make or get cleared up. They are asserting that their rifles are being used in combat operations by members of the special operations community, reinforced by the statement about "civilian" shooters. It directly correlates with their brand image and marketing. Otherwise, I'm sure it's a quality firearm.

I don't know. I'm newer to the M16/AR family of firearms, and certainly no expert on non-standard issue equipment, but it just seems a little far-fetched that a rifle pretty far removed from milspec is being used by operators in a theater of combat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have seen in my day, I honestly would not be surprised at all if this weapon was being used in country by SOCOM units.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Facebook user:

Arsenal Democracy:

View Quote

Colt 6920  $1,050
AD R33    $1,776

Difference $726, not $200-$250, Just to be fair.

Their rifle is Eerily similar to one that I built utilizing an FDE Match Umbrella Corp Upper/Lower set and Parralax Tactical rail.  Down to the PWS buffer tube and Triad FH.

I will say this, SLR Rifleworks are good people and put out a quality product.  The rest of the components used on the rifle aren't bad either.  I am just not in favor of the welded FH or the stock they use.  Other than that, it seems like a decent rifle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Colt 6920  $1,050
AD R33    $1,776

Their rifle is Eerily similar to one that I built utilizing an FDE Match Umbrella Corp Upper/Lower set and Parralax Tactical rail.  Down to the PWS buffer tube and Triad FH.

I will say this, SLR Rifleworks are good people and put out a quality product.  The rest of the components used on the rifle aren't bad either.  I am just not in favor of the welded FH or the stock they use.  Other than that, it seems like a decent rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facebook user:

Arsenal Democracy:

Colt 6920  $1,050
AD R33    $1,776

I think they were referencing the Colt LE6920 SOCOM which goes for around 1400-1500.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Colt 6920  $1,050
AD R33    $1,776

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facebook user:

Arsenal Democracy:

Colt 6920  $1,050
AD R33    $1,776

6920 is a bone stock rifle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Talk me out of this one. Why?
...snip...
Crafted, designed and assembled by Special Operations Forces team members (guys who actually used these rifles in combat)
No shipping cost...  Just $1776 out the door to your nearest FFL
...snip...
View Quote

I would like to see some supporting documentation. FWIW, every guy I talk to in a gun shop is ex-SF.
I could do a lot with $1776 myself.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Facebook user:

Arsenal Democracy:

Colt 6920  $1,050

AD R33    $1,776

..with sights

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I would like to see some supporting documentation. FWIW, every guy I talk to in a gun shop is ex-SF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...
Crafted, designed and assembled by Special Operations Forces team members (guys who actually used these rifles in combat)
...snip...

Have you not read anything or visited the page. There is no question who these guys are and what they do. If Nick Irving is putting his name and is standing behind them, then they are the real deal.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Have you not read anything or visited the page. There is no question who these guys are and what they do. If Nick Irving is putting his name and is standing behind them, then they are the real deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...
...snip...

This.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...
...snip...

I may have taken that statement out of context, but what exactly is he claiming? That ARSENAL DEMOCRACY rifles were used in combat? Or being in combat with an M4/M16 or variant, qualifies someone to manufacturer, design or assemble a commercial weapon? Just looking for clarification on "these rifles."

ETA: This has more credibility than the part I quoted in red.
and definitely no NAVSEA Crane Joint Armorers and Special Forces Soldiers assembling their gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I may have taken that statement out of context, but what exactly is he claiming? That ARSENAL DEMOCRACY rifles were used in combat? Or being in combat with an M4/M16 or variant, qualifies someone to manufacturer, design or assemble a commercial weapon? Just looking for clarification on "these rifles."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...snip...

...snip...

and definitely no NAVSEA Crane Joint Armorers and Special Forces Soldiers assembling their gun.
Theres a pic on pg3 of a guy apparently about to jump out of an aircraft with one

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I will definitely end up getting one next year. If I wasn't waiting for a Krebs Custom KV-13 i will buy this in a heartbeat.

Only thing I don't like is the stock and that no sights are included.

The brake comes pinned or welded not really sure but you can upgrade to what you want before they put it together.

$1776 is not the end of the world for me. For what they have used to build this one seems like a good option.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/c0.25.851.315/p851x315/1403281_561189100597313_272863135_o.jpg
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That right there is one of the early test rigs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will definitely end up getting one next year. If I wasn't waiting for a Krebs Custom KV-13 i will buy this in a heartbeat.

The brake comes pinned or welded not really sure but you can upgrade to what you want before they put it together.

$1776 is not the end of the world for me. For what they have used to build this one seems like a good option.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/c0.25.851.315/p851x315/1403281_561189100597313_272863135_o.jpg

What stock is that??? DO WANT

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the NEA CSS stock. Basically a clone of the stock which is standard on the HK416C PDW.  

For the record, I think the AD Reaper 33 is a very slick looking carbine.  Not saying this company won't put out a good rifle, but more focus needs to be placed on the gun itself rather than those putting it together behind the scenes.  If it turns out to be a good carbine it'll sell itself, and the fact that it is built by SOF veterans is pure gravy at that point.  

Ed sends
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#42]
My third time around this thread and Im really digging this rifle. I even like the stock.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My third time around this thread and Im really digging this rifle. I even like the stock.
View Quote

Me too. I'm seriously thinking about ordering one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Buttstock on that model cost $359. I really wanted an UBR but they say I need to replace the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Buttstock on that model cost $359. I really wanted an UBR but they say I need to replace the buffer tube.
View Quote

Do you mean $59?

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Battlelink-stocks/BATTLELINK-Utility-Stock_5
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Say what?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#47]
The one on the last picture I posted. This one is $359

http://www.theammosource.com/images/CCS-Gun.jpg
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Some more info for those questioning the cost of the rifle

There have been some questions about our pricing and whether or not it is justified. Some people think that because we're new in the business we don't have the right to charge what the Reaper33 costs. Let us start off by saying that just because we are a newly formed company, we are not new to the business of combat and what it takes to win. Here's a bullet list of the fair market value for each component which is closest in comparison to what we put into the Reaper33 rifle: (you cannot buy an AD UPPER/LOWER/RAIL separately from our rifles...EVER)

-Shilen hand lapped match barrel with Ratchet Rifling: $535
-Templar Tactical Flash Hider: $109
-16 Setting Adjustable Gas Block: $99
-Mid-Length Gas Tube: $12
-Free Float Rail w/Keymod and QD sockets: $220
-VLTOR MUR-1A (or other Comparable Billet Upper): $180
-Seekins Precision (or other Comparable Billet Lower): $260
-Geissele 2 Stage Match Trigger: $170
-Mil-spec BCG: $150
-PWS HK416 Enhanced Buffer Tube: $200
-Spike's ST-T2 Buffer(or other Comparable Buffer): $40
-Mil-spec Lower Parts Kit: $50
-Norgon Ambi Magazine Release: $90
-MFT Minimalist Butt stock: $60
-MFT EPG-Interchangeable Grip: $29

Parts Total: $2204

Ancillary Costs:
-Cerakote all components: $200
-Micro slick BCG: $50
-Blue-Printing upper receiver: $150

New Total: $2604

-Custom Serial Number and Rifle assembled by NAVSEA Crane Joint Armorers with years of actual Special Operations Combat Experience.....

Link Posted: 11/15/2013 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#49]
These guys look legit.  This isn't your typical, hey let's start a company, throw a rifle together, make it look cool, call it tier one, and charge $2,500 for it.  Seems to me you are getting quite a bit of rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is there something in that paragraph that says anything to contrary? No, not at all. So the point of your post was?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um NO, just NO.

Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top