User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It's too expensive for what it is. I dislike the goofy magwell and that stock is just retarded...
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Crafted, designed and assembled by Special Operations Forces team members (guys who actually used these rifles in combat) " Really???

"Upper Receiver- 7075 T6 Arsenal Democracy custom, hand fitted to the barrel extension and trued receiver mating surface (blue-printed)"

"Rear take-down pin and bolt catch utilizes set screw instead of roll pin for ease of disassembly"

"No shipping cost... Just $1776 out the door to your nearest FFL " http://www.11points.com/images/animatedgifs/americanflag.gif

View Quote

Perfect summation of this new "Special Operations Forces Team Member" assembled rifle. Love those set screws in place of standard rear take-down pins. That just has winner written all over it...
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because you would be better off with this:

SR-15 Mod 1

http://www.knightarmco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/2012_MOD1_Right1.jpg

Proven rifle from a proven, reputable company.

This

Yup

that rifle looks like a bunch of show boat crap. ugly and disgusting.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SR-15 Mod 1

This

^
Seconded
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
way too expensive for all the "show"

there is nothing on the rifle that improves fuction over a plain AR to justify the cost

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk me out of this one. Why?

there is nothing on the rifle that improves fuction over a plain AR to justify the cost

this seriously a $700 bcm BUILD IS WORSE HOW? it doesn't have a paint job.

for 1700 you can gtea tavor or scar 16 that has a piston. & that is one fugly stock.it looks like a one trick pony
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

for 1700 you can gtea tavor or scar 16 that has a piston. & that is one fugly stock.it looks like a one trick pony
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aint gonna be finding a tavor or a scar for 1700 anytime soon if ever.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you finding a $1700 scar, or do you mean a healed flesh wound?
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
[

BCM® 14.5" Mid Length Gas 11595E Barrel (w/ perm BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Compensator Mod 1)
HSP Logo Laser Etched on Magwell and Upper Receiver
Joint Force Enterprises Applied HSP Disruptive Grey Cerakote
Geissele SMR Mk1 Free Float Handguards
BCMGUNFIGHTER Pistol Grip
BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle
B5 Systems SOPMOD Bravo Stock
End Plate with QD Swivel Attachment
ALG Defense ACT Trigger
Troy Ind/BCM Rear Folding Battle Sight
Impact Weapon Components Thorntail Mount
Inforce WML-HSP
BCM® Magazine w/ Magpul Follower
View Quote

Why isn't the Jack Carbine rifle mocked for running right about $2k?  Isnt the  Jack Carbine a regular BCM rifle with a Geissele rail and ALG trigger, a light and a slick paint job?  Seems like this Reaper33 has a step up in components and is cheaper... is this more about looks and brand? Get rid of the bling on these rifles and part for part, which rifle is more bang-for-the-buck? I'm not into the showy aspect of the Reaper 33 ( a liitle too "Seekins" for me)but it seems like a well thought out weapon ( except for that big ole hook looking  buttstock and overdone rail)

Reaper 33

Upper Receiver

Upper Receiver- 7075 T6 Arsenal Democracy custom, hand fitted to the barrel extension and trued receiver mating surface (blue-printed)
   Barrel- 14.5" Shilen 416R Stainless Steel, 4 groove Ratchet Rifling, 1:8 twist, Hand lapped with a medium heavy contour, Mid-Length Gas, .223 Wylde chamber
   Flash Hider-  Templar Tactical suppressor mountable flash hider, tack welded to barrel
   Charging Handle- Rainier Arms Raptor ambidextrous charging handle
   Rail- Arsenal Democracy custom design 13" design, 5 QD points, with 3 sides of Key mod attachment points, SLR Rifleworks manufactured
  Gas Block- 16 setting adjustable made from 4140 steel, SLR Rifleworks custom
   Bolt Carrier Group- Chrome lined carrier and key with microslick coating, this is a standard full-auto carrier that is 8620 steel with a cm-158 Bolt, Shot-peened, Magnetic Particle Inspected

Lower Receiver

Lower Receiver- 7075 T6 Arsenal Democracy custom, designed for seamless fitment with the upper
  Trigger-  Geissele 2 stage
  Safety Selector- Battle Arms Development- Ambidextrous Safety Selector
  Magazine Release- Norgon Ambidextrous mag release button
  Buffer tube- PWS 416, Billet 7075 T6 buffer tube with 2 built in QD's
   Buffer- Arsenal Democracy custom 117 gram tungsten powder buffer, microslicked  
   Butt Stock- Mission First Tactical Mil Spec Minimalist stock, weighs in at 5.9 Oz's
   Pistol Grip- Mission First Tactical EPGI16, 3 interchangeable front and rear straps for different hand types
   Rear take-down pin and bolt catch utilizes set screw instead of roll pin for ease of disassembly  
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now we're talking!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SR-15 Mod 1

Now we're talking!

Yup

/thread
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Perfect summation of this new "Special Operations Forces Team Member" assembled rifle. Love those set screws in place of standard rear take-down pins. That just has winner written all over it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Rear take-down pin and bolt catch utilizes set screw instead of roll pin for ease of disassembly"

I'm pretty sure they use set screws to capture the springs for the detents, and not actually using a screw in place of a take-down pin.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
The Arsenal Democracy thread disappeared from M4C.  Too much braggadocio from the company reps, and working professionals on that site calling them out for doing so.  I don't wish to see a company get hammered with criticism without a fair shake and a chance to prove themselves, but when your message comes across sounding like "you should buy our shit because it's badass and it's made by badasses, and you have no right to question the validity of our badassness because our badassness speaks for itself" then you're going to ruffle some feathers.  Humility goes a long way.  I'd also recommend something along the lines of an SR-15E3. KAC is renowned company who is no stranger to making guns for true quiet professionals and hardcore end users, are innovative and have the track record and reputation to back it up.  Most importantly, they don't have to tout how awesome they are because the product speaks for itself.  Real bad boys move in silence.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2013 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Arsenal Democracy thread disappeared from M4C.  Too much braggadocio from the company reps, and working professionals on that site calling them out for doing so.  I don't wish to see a company get hammered with criticism without a fair shake and a chance to prove themselves, but when your message comes across sounding like "you should buy our shit because it's badass and it's made by badasses, and you have no right to question the validity of our badassness because our badassness speaks for itself" then you're going to ruffle some feathers.  Humility goes a long way.  I'd also recommend something along the lines of an SR-15E3. KAC is renowned company who is no stranger to making guns for true quiet professionals and hardcore end users, are innovative and have the track record and reputation to back it up.  Most importantly, they don't have to tout how awesome they are because the product speaks for itself.  Real bad boys move in silence.  

View Quote

There was also quite a bit of bullshit sniping and false accusations in that thread too.  It was best for everyone that the thread went away.

I'll agree with the humility comment.  That's part of the reason I'm starting to distance myself from LaRue products...his actions on this board.

I still think that the parts on this rifle are quality, even if they don't meet everyone's exact tastes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
nice derail.

OP, the rifle is obviously marketed to guys who are into the unique aesthetics.

If you like it, get it. If you want to be talked out of it, you don't really want it.

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
nice derail.

If you like it, get it. If you want to be talked out of it, you don't really want it.

View Quote

I will end up getting one like I said. I just wanted to hear someone else's opinion.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I will end up getting one like I said. I just wanted to hear someone else's opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice derail.

Please post on its accuracy and overall performance. I'll bet it is a tackdriver.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's ...
View Quote
Dont mock what you dont understand

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[

Why isn't the Jack Carbine rifle mocked for running right about $2k?  Isnt the  Jack Carbine a regular BCM rifle with a Geissele rail and ALG trigger, a light and a slick paint job?  Seems like this Reaper33 has a step up in components and is cheaper... is this more about looks and brand? Get rid of the bling on these rifles and part for part, which rifle is more bang-for-the-buck? I'm not into the showy aspect of the Reaper 33 ( a liitle too "Seekins" for me)but it seems like a well thought out weapon ( except for that big ole hook looking  buttstock and overdone rail)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/files/2012/12/SEC4149w1.jpg

BCM® 14.5" Mid Length Gas 11595E Barrel (w/ perm BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Compensator Mod 1)
ALG Defense ACT Trigger
Inforce WML-HSP

Reaper 33
http://static.squarespace.com/static/51b56af0e4b0de8ae9a880e5/t/526a8120e4b01768fee9995c/1382711600347/spash%20page%20reaper.jpg?format=1500w

Upper Receiver

Upper Receiver- 7075 T6 Arsenal Democracy custom, hand fitted to the barrel extension and trued receiver mating surface (blue-printed)
   Barrel- 14.5" Shilen 416R Stainless Steel, 4 groove Ratchet Rifling, 1:8 twist, Hand lapped with a medium heavy contour, Mid-Length Gas, .223 Wylde chamber
   Flash Hider-  Templar Tactical suppressor mountable flash hider, tack welded to barrel
   Rail- Arsenal Democracy custom design 13" design, 5 QD points, with 3 sides of Key mod attachment points, SLR Rifleworks manufactured
   Bolt Carrier Group- Chrome lined carrier and key with microslick coating, this is a standard full-auto carrier that is 8620 steel with a cm-158 Bolt, Shot-peened, Magnetic Particle Inspected

Lower Receiver

Lower Receiver- 7075 T6 Arsenal Democracy custom, designed for seamless fitment with the upper
   Butt Stock- Mission First Tactical Mil Spec Minimalist stock, weighs in at 5.9 Oz's
   Pistol Grip- Mission First Tactical EPGI16, 3 interchangeable front and rear straps for different hand types
   Rear take-down pin and bolt catch utilizes set screw instead of roll pin for ease of disassembly  

Because BCM is a reputable company that produces a consistent high-quality product.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I like it.  It's unique and seems to be built with top quality parts for a reasonable price.  I think I'd rather have an 18" barrel though.  I like light weight barrels on anything under 16 inches.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Because BCM is a reputable company that produces a consistent high-quality product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

ALG Defense ACT Trigger
Inforce WML-HSP

Reaper 33
http://static.squarespace.com/static/51b56af0e4b0de8ae9a880e5/t/526a8120e4b01768fee9995c/1382711600347/spash%20page%20reaper.jpg?format=1500w

Upper Receiver

Lower Receiver

Ok... but take the cerakote, Haley name and flashlite off and you have a $1300 dollar rifle. I am not knocking anybody for buying the Jack. I just think it is weird to balk at the Reaper's price tag and not blink at the Jack's, considering the sum of their parts.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ok... but take the cerakote, Haley name and flashlite off and you have a $1300 dollar rifle. I am not knocking anybody for buying the Jack. I just think it is weird to balk at the Reaper's price tag and not blink at the Jack's, considering the sum of their parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

ALG Defense ACT Trigger
Inforce WML-HSP

Reaper 33

Upper Receiver

Lower Receiver

I wouldn't buy a Jack carbine either.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll do my best.  NOT.

If you can afford it, you'd be stupid NOT to buy it.

Oh, and as for all the other guns people are saying are better - PSHAW.  I didn't make it through the whole thread, but every one that I did see were no more than plain jane ARs with a spiffy handguard stuck on.  Your choice is WAY cooler.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll do my best.  NOT.

Oh, and as for all the other guns people are saying are better - PSHAW.  I didn't make it through the whole thread, but every one that I did see were no more than plain jane ARs with a spiffy handguard stuck on.  Your choice is WAY cooler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll do my best.  NOT.

This.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'll do my best.  NOT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll do my best.  NOT.

I dont know about cooler but better... yes. The only weapons I saw mentioned that are the same level or higher component wise were the KAC SR 15 and  Noveske  rifles.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top