AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably not that slim.

But yeah, I know where you are coming from. Odds are, enough have "tested" what's available though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The people here could not possibly have enough experience with the different makers to give a technically correct answer to your question.  There are several brands that people have confidence in.  That is really the best you can do.
With a member count north of 340k, odds are that the original question can easily be answered.

Pretty sure all makers have been sampled.
And I'll bet MAYBE 2% shoot 500-1k plus rounds a month much less all year
Probably not that slim.

But yeah, I know where you are coming from. Odds are, enough have "tested" what's available though.
Yes sir, you are probably right:)
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm there with you.

Most (not all, like in 871JZ's case) of these nitrided bolts are 9130.  Disadvantage there is that the heat treatment for 9130 seems to be especially critical, and the Nitride process has the potential to completely screw up the heat treat.  

During the panic of '12-'13 there were lots of reports here of 9130 bolts broken, often times with very few rounds fired through them.  They often broke at the bolt lugs vs the cam pin hole, and quite often broke multiple lugs at the same time.  

I'm a fan of the tried and true C158, preferably from a known source, such as Colt or BCM.

Reality is that cleaning the bolts and the BCG really isn't that tough to begin with.
View Quote
This is true because companies were heat treating the 9130 bolts in the same way they did for 158C which is completely wrong for 9310.   They seem to have figured it out now though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You have one I assume? How do you like it? Any issues with it at all?
View Quote
yes i have one, it has about 1500rds through it so far in a 10.3 sbr suppressed 24/7.

it looks factory new and the only cleaning you really have to do is wipe it down with a paper towel.

Quoted:

I'm curious about these chemical vapor deposition type coatings, is the Cryptic Mystic Black essentially the same as the ARFCOM DLC?
View Quote
no idea, ive never used a dlc coated bcg before, this was my first non phosphate.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top