Link Posted: 1/28/2012 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
yup, that thing sucks....

sell it to me for a nickel.

Seriously though, looks bad ass.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While I haven't seen one in person, I do like the concept a lot.  Ignore the haters, enjoy your scope!  

Exactly... Looks like an interesting, well made piece of glass.  More choice drives ALL makes to improve their products, and keep costs down.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Have to admit, I kinda like it. Nice feature set and hopefully, it proves to be reliable. OP, keep us all updated if you don't mind, please.

That said, I'm still getting a TA33 when my tax refund gets here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The 4x32 BROWE Combat Optic has a four page spread in the April issue of SWAT Magazine. The issue hits the streets tomorrow!
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it's great someone is trying to take on Trijicon head on. Even diehard Trijicon fans should be happy about this.

A kick in the ass and a little hard competition is good for everyone; especially the consumer.

I have an Accupoint sitting on a shelf at Trijicon waiting for warranty work due to a canted reticle. Maybe an overloaded rework station and another company breathing down their necks will motivate them to put out a better product.

Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The 4x32 BROWE Combat Optic has a four page spread in the April issue of SWAT Magazine. The issue hits the streets tomorrow!

I got it. The article states the BROWE compensates for brightness based on TARGET lighting conditions, not ambient light. Interesting...

The article is written like it is by someone who has $$$ invested in the product. It reads like a long advertisement.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got it. The article states the BROWE compensates for brightness based on TARGET lighting conditions, not ambient light. Interesting...

The article is written like it is by someone who has $$$ invested in the product. It reads like a long advertisement.

This.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I thought that's what the gun magazines were these days. Say good things about the stuff you feature or advertising $$$ dissapear.

Tell me this, How is the Browe's MSRP less than the battery-powered ACOG, and yet it still has more features?
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the battery powered ACOG is up on Trijicon's website and so far I'm not impressed at all. I'm so freakin' glad I didn't wait for the battery powered ACOG and went with the BCO. No regrets feels great!

TA02: ACOG 4x32 LED Scope

"...with a straightforward brightness dial, allowing the operator to determine how much to illuminate the reticle—even in transitional lighting."

Rather than an Auto setting like on my BCO, with this thing it looks like you have to adjust the brightness yourself using a dial on the left side. Trijicon says noting about auto brightness or light sensors. No thanks! With that and only a red crosshair reticle being offered (no chevron!), I'll stick with the BCO. The BCO is also made out of titanium versus aluminum of the ACOG (not a deal breaker, but still...). I don't care if this battery ACOG lasted 10,000 years on a single AA, it just doesn't have the features I would expect like my BCO when paying $1400.

Do you work for the company cause your fanboism is strong, that said id rather have the ACOG, and i laughed at the titanium vs aluminum comparison like it matters.

Like i need auto brightness turning a dial takes 1 second

+1 on this comment. The guy above is selling, or else he his has all of his ego on Auto setting ridding along with what the internet thinks of the BCO.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The more I read about this the more I like it.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the battery powered ACOG is up on Trijicon's website and so far I'm not impressed at all. I'm so freakin' glad I didn't wait for the battery powered ACOG and went with the BCO. No regrets feels great!

"...with a straightforward brightness dial, allowing the operator to determine how much to illuminate the reticle—even in transitional lighting."

Rather than an Auto setting like on my BCO, with this thing it looks like you have to adjust the brightness yourself using a dial on the left side. Trijicon says noting about auto brightness or light sensors. No thanks! With that and only a red crosshair reticle being offered (no chevron!), I'll stick with the BCO. The BCO is also made out of titanium versus aluminum of the ACOG (not a deal breaker, but still...). I don't care if this battery ACOG lasted 10,000 years on a single AA, it just doesn't have the features I would expect like my BCO when paying $1400.

Do you work for the company cause your fanboism is strong, that said id rather have the ACOG, and i laughed at the titanium vs aluminum comparison like it matters.

+1 on this comment. The guy above is selling, or else he his has all of his ego on Auto setting ridding along with what the internet thinks of the BCO.

lol You guys need to relax. Who cares even if he is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]
the thing i hate about this optic is that i would pay $1400 for an optic on an ARMS mount
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the thing i hate about this optic is that i would pay $1400 for an optic on an ARMS mount

I dont think I could ever buy it knowing i could have gotten it for $900
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

LaRue is a option now

I also agree with the above post, I would have a very hard time paying $1400 when they were on sale for $900

If they made them out of aluminum and charged $800 for them I would be all over one... fuck the titanium and the price tag that comes with it IMHO

Link Posted: 3/2/2012 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can also get it in a Larue mount.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Haha, try $2000 for a SpecterDR with ARMS mounts. Still a great optic.

I think it's pretty clear that this is an advanced optic, which explains the price tag. As mentioned, the new battery ACOGs have less features but are comparably priced.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's pretty clear that this is an advanced optic, which explains the price tag. As mentioned, the new battery ACOGs have less features but are comparably priced.

thats true but im not a fan of only 2,000 hrs for an ACOG type sight, i also agree with the $900 thing

i dont even like the triji battery acog, i mean if im spending $1500 i want battery free on forever
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As stated in previous posts I don't sell for the company. I got the BCO w/ the LaRue mount and I really like it. As far as gun magazines go...we ALL know they are one giant advertisement. Nothing new there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats true but im not a fan of only 2,000 hrs for an ACOG type sight, i also agree with the $900 thing

i dont even like the triji battery acog, i mean if im spending $1500 i want battery free on forever

? Tritium isn't "forever"

ETA, you could be talking about fiber optics, but then not every a cog has that either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

? Tritium isn't "forever"

ETA, you could be talking about fiber optics, but then not every a cog has that either.

tritium has about 10yrs then your fiber optics are forever. those are the only acogs i would ever use.

if the BROWE had fiber optics and a 2,000hr battery life id get one in  a hearbeat
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Roger that sinless I agree.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I have used an ACOG in enough situations to come to believe that the tritium is almost useless. The fiber optic works just fine in every situation other than pitch black and the thing about pitch black is you are going to need a weapon light or NV to see where you are going if you are on the move. I suppose a stationary ambush position could make use of the tritium without NV but even in most "dark" situations, the fiber optic is supplying enough light to see the reticle. In law enforcement applications, using an illumination tool on an entry is SOP making the fiber optic all you need.  

I have used Aimpoints, Eotechs and Trijicons and I just prefer the excellent glass and well defined edges of the chevron in my ACOG. Again, it all boils down to personal preference.

I will admit I am curious to see how well the BROWE target light compensation feature works.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have used an ACOG in enough situations to come to believe that the tritium is almost useless. The fiber optic works just fine in every situation other than pitch black and the thing about pitch black is you are going to need a weapon light or NV to see where you are going if you are on the move. I suppose a stationary ambush position could make use of the tritium without NV but even in most "dark" situations, the fiber optic is supplying enough light to see the reticle. In law enforcement applications, using an illumination tool on an entry is SOP making the fiber optic all you need.  

I have used Aimpoints, Eotechs and Trijicons and I just prefer the excellent glass and well defined edges of the chevron in my ACOG. Again, it all boils down to personal preference.

I will admit I am curious to see how well the BROWE target light compensation feature works.

I was hesitant to try the chevron reticle at first, but I'm glad I chose it. It's very fast.

I can tell you the target light compensation feature works very well. The chevron changes brightness levels instantly when needed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I finally got the chance to make it out to the range today (took a personal day from work) to zero my Browe Combat Optic (BCO). The weather was beautiful with sunny skies and about 77 F. The wind was light. I was waiting for a day like this all winter. The range I used was a public range ran by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. With all the state budget cuts lately I'm REALLY happy to see the public ranges didn't get the ax.

I have the BCO mounted on top of my Bravo Company 14.5" mid-length with a cold-hammer forged barrel. I was using Lake City M855 SS109 5.56x45mm NATO Steel Penetrator ammunition. Browe states the drop compensation on the chevron reticle is calibrated using the M855 SS109 in a 14.5" with a 1:7 twist. Exactly my setup. Using a sand bag, I zeroed at the 50 yard range to get close so I could fine-tune at the 100 yard range. The BCO was pretty close to zeroed right out of the box. I'm not sure if Browe does that intentionally at the factory or not. Using a ballistics calculator, I knew that if I wanted to be zeroed at 100 yards I would need to be about 1.8" low at 50 yards. I made the proper adjustments and moved to the 100 yard range.

I noticed when putting the chevron on white paper targets at the 50 yard line (printed from home) I preferred to turn the chevron OFF, which makes the chevron black rather than green. The black/white contrast made it a little easier on my eyes. When I was using those black "splatter" targets I turned the BCO to the ON position. The green contrasted with the black really well. Since the target was in full sunlight, the AUTO setting adjusted the brightness of the green reticle perfectly. I put the tip of my green chevron on the center of the target for a POA=POI @ 100 yards. I removed the BCO from the rifle multiple times during testing and it kept zero just fine. This is the last and best group I got. I packed the rifle up and went home after this group since I knew I couldn't get any better than this and I wanted to leave on a high note.

My rifle as used on the range:

Link Posted: 3/17/2012 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Forgot to mention I had quite a few folks ask me how I liked my ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Forgot to mention I had quite a few folks ask me how I liked my ACOG.

Looks good, i really like it but i wish it had fiber optics.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I looked through one at the local fun store and I was unimpressed.  It seemed to have alot of flaring probs and my eye didn't know how to focus on the reticle or target??  The reticle kept going out of focus for some reason...I def prefer acog
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I looked through one at the local fun store and I was unimpressed.  It seemed to have alot of flaring probs and my eye didn't know how to focus on the reticle or target??  The reticle kept going out of focus for some reason...I def prefer acog

What is flaring? Mine is very crisp and I haven't had a problem focusing. If the reticle was off of the AUTO setting and was full-blast on MANUAL I could see how that could be overwhelming. On AUTO the edges are very defined.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Price & 1.5" eye relief will keep me from buying.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I read that Browe had to make the eye relief 1.5" so that military night vision equipment already in use for the ACOG could be compatible.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought the BCO with the green crosshair reticle in the beginning of March. I called them up and talked to Brian the owner or Browe told him I wanted it in ATACS FG CAMO not the ATACS AU he said he was headed to Germany for a show and would personaly take care of it when he gets back. I knew it would take awhile before I got my scope so its no big deal. SOOOO  Just got an email from Brian

I spoke with Phil Duke, owner of A-TACS at the IWA show in Germany and he said the A-TACS FG has been released.  He also said that they would be willing to do a special run for your housing.  I’ve tried emailing Phil twice since I’ve been back and I’ve not gotten a response.  I’ll try calling him later this morning.   Our supplier checked into it and he tells me that it will be 4-6 weeks before the A-TACS FG will be available???  

Then I get this email from him 4 hours later

I contacted Phil and spoke with him this morning.  He gave me the contact information and we’ll be sending the housing out for the ATACS FG as soon as they get me an address. You will have the first one.

Saweeet Im going to have the first one In A-TACS FG

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bought the BCO with the green crosshair reticle in the beginning of March. I called them up and talked to Brian the owner or Browe told him I wanted it in ATACS FG CAMO not the ATACS AU he said he was headed to Germany for a show and would personaly take care of it when he gets back. I knew it would take awhile before I got my scope so its no big deal. SOOOO  Just got an email from Brian

I spoke with Phil Duke, owner of A-TACS at the IWA show in Germany and he said the A-TACS FG has been released.  He also said that they would be willing to do a special run for your housing.  I’ve tried emailing Phil twice since I’ve been back and I’ve not gotten a response.  I’ll try calling him later this morning.   Our supplier checked into it and he tells me that it will be 4-6 weeks before the A-TACS FG will be available???  

I contacted Phil and spoke with him this morning.  He gave me the contact information and we’ll be sending the housing out for the ATACS FG as soon as they get me an address. You will have the first one.

Great customer service!

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes I would say so.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't have a dog in this fight either way as both of the optics being fought over (BCO and ACOG) are far too expensive for me. I think that competition is healthy for all parties. Forces the old guy to come up with new tricks and the new guy to bring a better product to the table.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Took one out on a shooting at Jay's here in Florida this morning..Mr. Jay allowed the use of a used store/trade-in model and so off I went. This is a great optic, it is scary close to the ACOG's as far as sight picture clarity, bullet drop and the chevrons. I used the red one today and this puppy is so clear and concise it is a battle optic meant for business imo.

Did'nt get to test the bullet drop since his range only goes to 125 or 159 yards..but those trees off to the right are at least 300 yards away soooo I hit them right where I pointed. Bark and tree pieces gave me the point of impact and it is where I was exactly aiming, drop chart works fine. Coulda been a dead VC if this were 1969.

They need a price drop to stay competitive but they do have some bells and whistles..the sleep mode is gonna be great innovation. It's NV capable too I'd like run it at night to see it run the same field.

It hits where it is aimed and held zero through 5, 30 rounder PMags.

It feels like it was more heavier than ACOG not sure if thats the case. But it is heavier imo.

A+ optic/scope
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#36]
The reason it does not have fiber optic is to eliminate the blooming that is associated with the ACOG. I am not crazy about the eye relief nor the price.
If it was under a grand I think it would be more appealing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that Browe had to make the eye relief 1.5" so that military night vision equipment already in use for the ACOG could be compatible.

the issue with that is the military wont be purchasing these when they already have ACOG's
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Like what I see....but dont care for the123 battery.  If it was a single AA i might bite.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Aaron, Are you still pushing this junk?! LOL  
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Aaron, Are you still pushing this junk?! LOL  

Of course Joey!  You'll have to come see it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Like what I see....but dont care for the123 battery.  If it was a single AA i might bite.

I would prefer the AA as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the issue with that is the military wont be purchasing these when they already have ACOG's

The military has been known from time to time to adopt products, especially when the performance meets their needs.  .Mil didn't always use Aimpoints, Eotechs, or Acogs.  In fact, the Aimpoint vs. Eotech is a good example - both are similar (collimating sight) but work in different ways.  Same with Acog and browe.

Not saying it will be adopted, but if there is an bid contact for an illuminated magnified optic that works with existing night vision setups, there is no reason Browe couldn't bid on it in addition to Trijicon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a chance to play with one this past weekend.  Seemed very well built and had some nifty features such as being able to mount a micro dot at any clock position that you desire from 7 to 4 oclock.    Glass is great, the Reticle options are pretty sweet.  They have a blue option for people who are color blind.   That is thinking outside the box.  Not that it will matter to most of us, but if you were color blind im sure it does.   Eye relief is not that great, If you shoot NTCH then no issues for you.  The auto brightness feature is pretty awesome, since it senses the target lighting.  So when we were shooting from make shift cover ( ply wood homes )  and you were aiming at a target in bright sun 100 yards away.  The reticle would brighten up.    Pretty cool feature,  Hopefully it proves to be rugged and reliable.  Definitely would be an alternative to anybody looking for an ACOG.   Still a little pricey and at 4x I have a hard time looking at those option when I can shoot a 1-4x optic.   Just my .02 from shooting with it for a day.

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Personally own two ACOGs but really intrested in this new scope. The sleed mode and external power are the key develpoments i feel..  Neither of my optics have the fiber optic BTW.
YMMV
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#45]
I work for the city where these are made (Madison Heights, MI).  My dept never knew this place existed until we had a B&E alarm there.  One the the other gun nuts in my dept had the luck to do a walk thru of the place with the owner or maybe a key holder and got to see the manufacturing stages etc.  I have interest to check these out.  However I work midnights and they are closed.  Only chance of me seeing the place would be another alarm or something...  If I can get hands on one of these sights, may try and buy one...  Was wanting an ACOG (also made in MI) but to have an optic made in the city I work would be neat especially if it is of a "high standard" so to speak...

ETA:  we have our own personal patrol rifles and if Browe is reading, I'd be happy to field test their optic....
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

IT WAS AT MY DOORSTEP TODAY.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012034.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012032.jpg
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012031.jpg
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012030.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012028.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012027.jpg
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#47]

The weapon light does not interfere with the view?

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The weapon light does not interfere with the view?

You would think it would, but it doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IT WAS AT MY DOORSTEP TODAY.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012034.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012032.jpg
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012031.jpg
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012030.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012028.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/NOVESKEN4/ARPARTSSAFEPARTY2012027.jpg

That is one SICK looking paint job! You better hope you never drop it in the woods...you'll never find it! I talked to the owner Brian about sending my BCO back to get it coated FDE, but I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the money.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top