Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I'm probably going to order 7, anyone want to jump in on one? including shipping from centuryspring and then to you, it'll probably be like $8-10/spring.
View Quote
Email me i will take one/
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have screws are on the way from century spring to me.

So far, the following people have one reserved:
kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper

Still have several available
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Please excuse my ignorance: all this talk about springs. Can someone give me a quick reminder why they're necessary (as replacement from the originals)?

Are these a fix for a fault in the ECHO V2? I haven't gotten to shoot mine yet. Hopefully this weekend....
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please excuse my ignorance: all this talk about springs. Can someone give me a quick reminder why they're necessary (as replacement from the originals)?

Are these a fix for a fault in the ECHO V2? I haven't gotten to shoot mine yet. Hopefully this weekend....
View Quote
It is to make the trigger pull lighter.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have screws are on the way from century spring to me.

kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper

Still have several available
View Quote
I'll take two sets, just sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is to make the trigger pull lighter.
View Quote
Thanks! So it's not a fix for some problem, just a mod to increase performance (lighter pull).
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks! So it's not a fix for some problem, just a mod to increase performance (lighter pull).
View Quote
Depends on what you define as a problem.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
View Quote
I'll take one please.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll take one please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
I'll take one please.
I guess I'll take one as well
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
View Quote
I would take 2 sets
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#13]
The following people have one reserved:
kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
QP031

That fills up the whole shipment I ordered. If there is enough interest, I can look into doing another order.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
QP031

That fills up the whole shipment I ordered. If there is enough interest, I can look into doing another order.
View Quote
If you do, sign me up for two
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The echo spring came in and ready to be sent out!

kleinajk92  - paid
Darkamek - IM sent
1iviper - IM sent
Scottdsp748 x2 - paid
QP031 - IM sent
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I just installed the new spring... holy crap, night and day difference. I can't wait for you guys to get the spring.

I'll make sure to get it out tomorrow.

All that said, putting the trigger back together suuuuuccckkkss. Just brace yourself for putting the semi disconnector and echo disconnector back together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Again, I really can't describe how much the spring changes the trigger for the better. I haven't had a chance to shoot it/test the reliability, but I have high hopes.

If this spring is indeed reliable, then fostech is doing all of us a major disservice by not installing it from the factory.

So for me, Fostech had to send me parts several times to replace original out of spec parts. I then had to send the whole thing back to fix other issues. Now with the new spring, it is FINALLY worth the price and better than the BFS3.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Haven't posted in a while. I am still running the original echo 1 with the bushing and modded full auto bolt carrier with original trigger lock on my 16inch carbine. I downloaded an app for my phone called slopro to get some slo motion video to see if I had bolt bounce. When you edit the videos you can slow it down to 8% and check it out frame by frame. I have a light weight carrier and adjustable gas block but still had 'serious' bolt bounce with a carbine buffer. Dropping in an H2(4.6oz) buffer took away all bolt bounce however I ended up dropping on an a2 stock with new rifle spring and buffer(5.1oz). I like the rifle length stock/buffer setup much better. The gun 'feels' smoother and the actuation of echo for repeatable long strings is easier. Speed did not seem limited for my abilities. I think the added weight going into battery pushing the gun fwd helps to actuate echo. Makes me think that bolt bounce is what was limiting my gun more than heavy reciprocating mass of the buffer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Uh, oh...our new Fostech Echo AR-II trigger just showed up and we're about to get married! Stay tuned for video!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG_6336_JPG-294505.jpg
View Quote
Well, I'm waiting

BTW, I think all MCR uppers should come with the M16/Echo compatible BCG.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
kleinajk92 - paid - mailing today
Darkamek - paid - mailing today
1iviper - paid - mailing today
Scottdsp748 x2 - paid - mailing today
QP031 - IM sent - IM sent again
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Again, I really can't describe how much the spring changes the trigger for the better. I haven't had a chance to shoot it/test the reliability, but I have high hopes.

If this spring is indeed reliable, then fostech is doing all of us a major disservice by not installing it from the factory.

So for me, Fostech had to send me parts several times to to replace original out of spec parts. I then had to send the whole thing back to fix other issues. Now with the new spring, it is FINALLY worth the price and better than the BFS3.
View Quote
I have a feeling we just did some free R&D for the gen3 echo trigger :)
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

kleinajk92 - paid - mailing today
Darkamek - paid - mailing today
1iviper - paid - mailing today
Scottdsp748 x2 - paid - mailing today
QP031 - IM sent - IM sent again
View Quote
Sorry I missed the notification..
Payment sent.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Can I get 2 sets of springs please in your next order?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry, i missed the first order but, am in for a set if there is a round 2. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
kleinajk92
Darkamek
1iviper
Scottdsp748 x2
QP031

View Quote
crap i missed it. keep me update on the next buy if you do it again

EDT- serves me right for hanging out in the GD for the past week
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So for me, Fostech had to send me parts several times to replace original out of spec parts. I then had to send the whole thing back to fix other issues. Now with the new spring, it is FINALLY worth the price and better than the BFS3.
View Quote
What are you averages on the pulls with the new springs?

On my stock versions (3 different triggers) it averages 4.5 lb on semi 5.5 lbs on echo. One is a little light on semi at ~ 4.0lbs but echo seems to be across the board. The guns are a AR-9 SBR 8" barrel, SBR 556 9.5" barrel, SBR 300 blackout piston 8" barrel

I finally got me a trigger pull gauge
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What are you averages on the pulls with the new springs?

On my stock versions (3 different triggers) it averages 4.5 lb on semi 5.5 lbs on echo. One is a little light on semi at ~ 4.0lbs but echo seems to be across the board. The guns are a AR-9 SBR 8" barrel, SBR 556 9.5" barrel, SBR 300 blackout piston 8" barrel

I finally got me a trigger pull gauge
View Quote
I don't know the exact weights, but it's noticeablely better
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm down for two sets if you do another group buy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Working on another round... message me if you want a spring.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Who makes a light weight BCG with a full auto m16 cut to trip the Fostech trigger? I have a AIM LW carrier but it doesn't have the cut, but I would like one near the same price.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Faxon makes a full auto light weight carrier.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I am about to pull the trigger and buy a gen 2 trigger. Is everyone happy with theirs? Also, how big of a difference do changing the springs actually make?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I have an ECHO 2 that works great on my LWRCI but will not work with my PWS El Diablo upper.  Carrier is way shorter on it then the LWRCI.

CSF
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am about to pull the trigger and buy a gen 2 trigger. Is everyone happy with theirs? Also, how big of a difference do changing the springs actually make?
View Quote
I would say try it stock first and see what you think.  Someone on here stated that their echo mode trigger pull was  5.5lbs, which would almost be good enough for me.  Both of my triggers in echo mode was 7-9 lbs+ for the echo reset and I hated it.

Now that I have the echo reset around 4.5lbs, it's worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I would say try it stock first and see what you think.  Someone on here stated that their echo mode trigger pull was  5.5lbs, which would almost be good enough for me.  Both of my triggers in echo mode was 7-9 lbs+ for the echo reset and I hated it.

Now that I have the echo reset around 4.5lbs, it's worth the price of admission.
View Quote
I wonder why there is such a large variance, hope I get a lighter one then.

Thanks for your answer though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#36]
i finally had time last night to take my trigger pack apart and install the lighter bud spring.  i wish i had a trigger pull gauge to know the actual difference it made , it was a lighter pull overall but most noticeable in the echo reset pull.  this made me wonder what a much lighter spring would do so i took the trigger pack back apart and put a spring that was only strong enough to "work" the bud.  i don't have a way to measure spring weights but it was considerably lighter that the factory bud spring or the new lighter bud spring. 

what i wound up with was very different than just the lighter pull of the new bud spring.  in semi mode the trigger is completely different , much nicer.  my trigger always had some creep that was a bit gritty before in semi mode but now it has no creep just a nice sharp break , and the pull from reset is amazing.  it has a little bit of takeup in echo mode but feels much smoother through the pull.  i'd still like to figure out how to shorten the echo reset pull some.  i was going to put some lighter disco springs in to try out also but if it runs reliable like this i think i'll be happy and leave it as is.

i've only dry fired it so far but it passes all the function checks.  as soon as i get a chance to get out and test it i'll report back if it was reliable.  the spring i have in it now is just barely strong enough to reset the trigger. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I wonder why there is such a large variance, hope I get a lighter one then.

Thanks for your answer though.
View Quote
I have three ECHO's. The first two functioned without problems but the third had problems. However after they fixed it that trigger it work great.  I am going to get a spring set on the next group buy nad see if they lighten the trigger more. I'd like a 4.5 ECHO mode.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
i finally had time last night to take my trigger pack apart and install the lighter bud spring.  i wish i had a trigger pull gauge to know the actual difference it made , it was a lighter pull overall but most noticeable in the echo reset pull.  this made me wonder what a much lighter spring would do so i took the trigger pack back apart and put a spring that was only strong enough to "work" the bud.  i don't have a way to measure spring weights but it was considerably lighter that the factory bud spring or the new lighter bud spring. 

what i wound up with was very different than just the lighter pull of the new bud spring.  in semi mode the trigger is completely different , much nicer.  my trigger always had some creep that was a bit gritty before in semi mode but now it has no creep just a nice sharp break , and the pull from reset is amazing.  it has a little bit of takeup in echo mode but feels much smoother through the pull.  i'd still like to figure out how to shorten the echo reset pull some.  i was going to put some lighter disco springs in to try out also but if it runs reliable like this i think i'll be happy and leave it as is.

i've only dry fired it so far but it passes all the function checks.  as soon as i get a chance to get out and test it i'll report back if it was reliable.  the spring i have in it now is just barely strong enough to reset the trigger. 
View Quote
Interested to find out.  ElAlto ran a 27lb bud spring and really light semi & echo disco springs.  Went 4 round burst in him, but I wonder if the stock semi & echo would help that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have three ECHO's. The first two functioned without problems but the third had problems. However after they fixed it that trigger it work great.  I am going to get a spring set on the next group buy nad see if they lighten the trigger more. I'd like a 4.5 ECHO mode.
View Quote
I might have to join the next group buy too, might as well have them around just in case. I ended up ordering the trigger last night on gun broker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#40]
So my Echo trigger should be delivered today. I'm planning on putting it in an 11.5" pistol with a carbine length gas system, SB Tactical PDW brace and an Odinworks adjustable gas block. I believe the pistol has a standard carbine weight buffer in it now.

With the Echo trigger, I've noticed that it's recommended to run an H2 buffer. Would this be needed if one has an adjustable gas block?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
My springs arrived over the weekend, thanks!  Will try to report back once I get around to installing them!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Inbox is full but count me in on two sets
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I messaged you about payment and I have not heard back. Count me in for 2.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So my Echo trigger should be delivered today. I'm planning on putting it in an 11.5" pistol with a carbine length gas system, SB Tactical PDW brace and an Odinworks adjustable gas block. I believe the pistol has a standard carbine weight buffer in it now.

With the Echo trigger, I've noticed that it's recommended to run an H2 buffer. Would this be needed if one has an adjustable gas block?
View Quote
With the carbine weight buffer you will have bolt carrier bounce. The trigger will run though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Even with the gas system properly adjusted?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Even with the gas system properly adjusted?
View Quote
I have a 16inch carbine gas with a jp a2 adjustable gas block and light weight carrier. It was adjusted just enough for bolt hold open plus 1/8th turn more open. I took some slow motion footage with iPhone app 'slopro' and you can see the bolt bounce with a carbine buffer. H2 there is none and rifle buffer there is none, never did try an h buffer. Take some footage yourself you may get lucky since you have a shorter gas system, if you edit the footage you can slow it down and then look at the the bolt bounce frame by frame. Not great video but good enough to verify bounce.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks, I'll assume there will be bounce and will order an H2 buffer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#48]
ECHO ARII Trigger is now available in stock with $75 off use coupon "ECHOAR2" over at the fostech website.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll message everyone tonight about the springs in a couple of hours. After the hurricane in Texas, I finally said F it and took the fiancé for a vacation. Sorry for being MIA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'll message everyone tonight about the springs in a couple of hours. After the hurricane in Texas, I finally said F it and took the fiancé for a vacation. Sorry for being MIA.
View Quote
Sounds good. Just let us know as I'm still in for 2 spring sets.
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top