User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 31
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I ordered an echo on the 8th but as of the 10th they changed their site which apparently they aren't competent enough to save customer information. So now my order as far as I know no longer exists, but they sure as hell charged me for it.

Edit: I just fired off an email with my order information, I will post the results when I get them.
View Quote
Same deal. No order, no tracking. no confirmation. but charged my account.

someone said that the shipping times are 3 months? 90 days?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I ordered an echo on the 8th but as of the 10th they changed their site which apparently they aren't competent enough to save customer information. So now my order as far as I know no longer exists, but they sure as hell charged me for it.

Edit: I just fired off an email with my order information, I will post the results when I get them.

When I ordered the trigger the page at that time said approximately 4-6 weeks, but who knows at this point.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still have one on order with them and opticsplanet came through first. My account with Fostech disappeared.... I might as well do a chargeback.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Junk.....It's an extremely dangerous, gimmicky trigger that's overpriced and marketed toward the weekend range warrior, living room operator crowd who thinks something like that is cool and will impress their buddies after it's installed in their DPMS or Bushmaster.

It fires when the trigger is released, TERRIBLE idea! Unfortunately, that company will make a ton of money because there are those that will actually buy it. It's not practical to use in a serious carbine/rifle. One is much better off, and safer to buy a Geissele trigger if you want to put rounds down range in a hurry.

There are YouTube videos of this thing and another that functions the same dangerous way. See how long they last after one of the living room operators has a ND and kills somebody because their gun fired when letting go of the trigger.
View Quote
I'm trying to justify a purchase of the 3 gun trigger and a friend of mine just dropped $500 on an Echo. 

I know if I get one for my carbine I'll want 3 more for my other good ARs LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I placed an order on Friday (which they instantly charged my card for right away), and emailed them today that I wanted it canceled and my CC refunded as I don't want to be charged something that isn't going to ship for 2 - 3 months.

I received the following email reply.

To which I told them that if my card was charged, then I expect the item to be in stock and shipping to me soon.

No response from them as of yet.  

I despise companies that charge you up front for something that they have no intention of shipping out for months later.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I placed an order on Friday (which they instantly charged my card for right away), and emailed them today that I wanted it canceled and my CC refunded as I don't want to be charged something that isn't going to ship for 2 - 3 months.

I received the following email reply.

To which I told them that if my card was charged, then I expect the item to be in stock and shipping to me soon.

No response from them as of yet.  

I despise companies that charge you up front for something that they have no intention of shipping out for months later.  
That is some SERIOUS BS!

BTW, they don't have a leg to stand on.  You should have absolutely no problem disputing.  They're actually mandated by law to refund you, without you even asking, unless you explicitly agree to the delay.

[From FTC's Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules]:

By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn't clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.
If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.
For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I ordered the trigger the page at that time said approximately 4-6 weeks, but who knows at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got an email earlier today, it said to email their support email or call otherwise the trigger will ship in approximately 4-6 weeks. I'm just going to wait it out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered the echo trigger the other day 4-6 weeks wait I'm fine with that.

Has anyone tried the geissele super 42 recoil spring with it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
So who is running the echo 2 on a 9mm upper, what 9mm bolt works with this thing without modification, still can’t get my nfa modular 9mm bolt to run with this thing the fucker binds up and feels like it’s dragging on the hammer somewhere.  Anyone know of a 9mm bolt that actually works in the 2nd gen echo?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Junk.....It's an extremely dangerous, gimmicky trigger that's overpriced and marketed toward the weekend range warrior, living room operator crowd..
View Quote
Mrs. Feinstein, I didn't know you had an account here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So who is running the echo 2 on a 9mm upper, what 9mm bolt works with this thing without modification, still can’t get my nfa modular 9mm bolt to run with this thing the fucker binds up and feels like it’s dragging on the hammer somewhere.  Anyone know of a 9mm bolt that actually works in the 2nd gen echo?
View Quote
Did try shaving off a little on the back of the bolt. It sounds like that maybe the issue. Try a little at a time at an angle
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I just don’t wanna take anymore material off it, can you send me some pics of the underside of yours to [email protected]

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
So from what I gather lubing the echo trigger is extremely beneficial to function, but where exactly should you? I'd imagine points of contact
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:09:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
... still can’t get my nfa modular 9mm bolt to run with this thing the fucker binds up and feels like it’s dragging on the hammer somewhere...
View Quote
i experienced something similar, trying to get the Echo to work with my 9mm Colt SMG style.  the rear of the BCG was being pushed up, so that it wouldn't retract cleanly into the buffer tube,  i had plenty of angled clearance between the bolt carrier & trigger lock, but since the mating surface between those two is a wedge, being a wedge, it exerts upward force on the bolt carrier.  I wasn't able to resolve it.  i did buy the $25-extra revised trigger lock to allow me to use any unmodified FA bolt carrier, but haven't revisited the install yet.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So from what I gather lubing the echo trigger is extremely beneficial to function, but where exactly should you? I'd imagine points of contact
View Quote
Soak the trigger everywhere wipe off excess, repeat
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Some of the semi-auto disconnectors I see look shorter than mine. Is this a mod that some people do or am I seeing things?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just don’t wanna take anymore material off it, can you send me some pics of the underside of yours to [email protected]

Thanks man!
View Quote
Email sent
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Same here, im starting to get uneasy. Ordered 2 of them on Oct 3rd and havent heard a thing
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I did the mod on my echo from my AR9 build. It was disappointing. Nothing seemed to change. Semi was still around 4lbs when I averaged 3 pulls and echo mod was 5.5lbs. could I have done something wrong?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Email sent
View Quote
thanks again mark for the last one, yup you're right the gen 2 lock is fatter so you have to hone the shit outta the bolt to get it to run
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

thanks again mark for the last one, yup you're right the gen 2 lock is fatter so you have to hone the shit outta the bolt to get it to run
View Quote
No problem. It might be better just to file down the trigger lock itself and you can order a second trigger lock just to have a spare. That way you don't have to mill the bolt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#21]
So what is the consensus about driving through lets say Maryland new jersey or newyork im surrounded by communists i know tote supposed to be able to drive through with standard triggers as long as their locked up but i think these states consider the echo and bfs a machine gun,  what off im driving to Tennessee or Georgia for a class
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I am in MD. Echo is legal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice i know there are a couple of states that this is considered a mg i just didn't know if they was one of them,  will just change that commie comment back to nj and ny
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Tried mine last week.

Safety is STIFF! Shortened the plunge spring which helpes but it is still not crisp and feels rubbery
    Semi trigger is decent. About 4.5lbs and smooth. There is no crisp second stage is all a smooth pull
    Echo works but I skip a lot on the second pull because is longer and heavier.

What can be done to lighten the echo mode "secondary" pull, behind the first shot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Check out mbell556 on YouTube best info out there after you read this thread and the other two that are referenced here
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Summary

Bushing mod
Green hyperfire toggle springs
Back up disconnector spring
Custom cut carrier

All are great options

For the safety call fostech and get them to send you a cnc version again check the pics to verify you don't already have it

Am i missing any guys?
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Summary

Bushing mod
Green hyperfire toggle springs
Back up disconnector spring
Custom cut carrier

All are great options

For the safety call fostech and get them to send you a cnc version again check the pics to verify you don't already have it

Am i missing any guys?
View Quote
Mine's a gen2. I am sure the safety is CNC by its looks. I have the back-up disconnector spring replacement, will install soon. I am mostly shooting it in a shike/MCR so a custom bolt is out of the question.

Would do a bushing mod if feasible. Is that guide on youtube?

Also, would the hyperfire springs lighten the echo mode "secondary" pull? I like the semi pull as is right now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#28]
The bushing mod is to release the echo earlier in the pull only guide i think is the guys talking about it in this thread a safe od was .190" anymore and your in danger of fa, the green springs for me lowered the pull weights across the board, that is subjective tho, as i did not do any testing before and after, but i think mbell may do another test but no guarantee as i Just suggested it and haven't gotten a confirmation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Does the ECHO come with triggers pins?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The bushing mod is to release the echo earlier in the pull only guide i think is the guys talking about it in this thread a safe od was .190" anymore and your in danger of fa, the green springs for me lowered the pull weights across the board, that is subjective tho, as i did not do any testing before and after, but i think mbell may do another test but no guarantee as i Just suggested it and haven't gotten a confirmation.
View Quote
I ordered the green springs. I will give follow up of the difference it makes. I'll also add a bushing after we see the difference the green springs make. This will be in a trigger with the BUD spring mod.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I ordered the green springs. I will give follow up of the difference it makes. I'll also add a bushing after we see the difference the green springs make. This will be in a trigger with the BUD spring mod.
View Quote
Are these the green springs that come with the 7.62 x 39 package or are they available elsewhere?

Link:  https://www.hiperfire.com/product/762x39-spring-combo/
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are these the green springs that come with the 7.62 x 39 package or are they available elsewhere?

View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Thanks. Just finished reassembling the unit after watching your video and reading the instructions.  What a PAIN! I consider myself more mechanically inlined than many (but not an expert) and found the process often frustrating. I wonder how they assemble this at Fostech? Maybe they have jigs or the like. Or trained monkeys!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thanks. Just finished reassembling the unit after watching your video and reading the instructions.  What a PAIN! I consider myself more mechanically inlined than many (but not an expert) and found the process often frustrating. I wonder how they assemble this at Fostech? Maybe they have jigs or the like. Or trained monkeys!
View Quote
I am making a long pin that is made into a point on one end drift pin and a slave pin out of a 1/4 piece of steel rod. The pointed pin should act like the pointed screw tip on KNS pins and guide everything together if you decide to totally disassemble the trigger. It should make it easier. I agree it's a PITA to reassemble.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why are the green springs considered better? The silver hiperfire springs give the lightest pull on my 24 3G trigger (2lbs). It's the same silver springs that come on the original ECHO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#36]
The echo must have a stronger hammer spring them because with the cammed trigger design the closer you can balance the two springs fighting against eachother and still have the hammer reliably fall the lighter the trigger pull will be minus the bud and dc springs
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why are the green springs considered better? The silver hiperfire springs give the lightest pull on my 24 3G trigger (2lbs). It's the same silver springs that come on the original ECHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally do not know, but according to some they further improve overall feel and weight. I don't mind mods, but am often cautious--there has to be  reason for factory did not make an item as modified. Sometimes the reasons stupid or overly cautious. Other times not so much.  Had others not tested the lighter spring in this thread I'd not have gone ahead and done the mod.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I personally do not know, but according to some they further improve overall feel and weight. I don't mind mods, but am often cautious--there has to be  reason for factory did not make an item as modified. Sometimes the reasons stupid or overly cautious. Other times not so much.  Had others not tested the lighter spring in this thread I'd not have gone ahead and done the mod.
View Quote
I did not see an improvement with the spring mod but I also did not do the BUD bushing mod either. I'm going to take apart the echo trigger that I did the spring mod on (after i get the drift and slave pins made) and shorten the spring to see if it effects the pull. Ill post results
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#39]
How do I remove the detent cap?
It will not move. I am trying to remove the selector and trigger.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote
did you remove the pistol grip so you can take out the detent and spring ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote
I had that happen to my first trigger. The detent cap is stuck on the selector and will not let you remove the selector from the lower right? I just wiggled the selector until it finally came loose. I oiled the crap out of the caps interior and ran some 400 grit sandpaper over the selector end where the cap is placed. It has not happened again.

Out of curiosity is your detent cap CNC or is it one of the injected.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I haven't been keeping up with this ...... last I had researched it sounded like the echo was preferred slightly more than the franklin, but it looks like this thread went from discussing the trigger in general to the last ten pages discussing taking it apart and doing all kinds of stuff to get it to run good.

I have one that hasn't shipped yet that I paid around $425, I'm thinking about cancelling but it seems like it a good price and if it's still decent keeping it stock then I'll probably go ahead and let it ship
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I haven't been keeping up with this ...... last I had researched it sounded like the echo was preferred slightly more than the franklin, but it looks like this thread went from discussing the trigger in general to the last ten pages discussing taking it apart and doing all kinds of stuff to get it to run good.

I have one that hasn't shipped yet that I paid around $425, I'm thinking about cancelling but it seems like it a good price and if it's still decent keeping it stock then I'll probably go ahead and let it ship
View Quote
It works good but you know us, nothing wrong with tinkering to improve upon stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It works good but you know us, nothing wrong with tinkering to improve upon stuff.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#45]
In my Anderson lower, the selector lever was very difficult to operate.   I just trimmed the selector detent spring a touch and this seems to have fixed it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Yesterday I made a drift pin and a slave pin for the ECHO. I used a mild steel 1/4 rod. I found out that you can not change the BUD spring with a slave pin installed the disconnectors must be removed to change out the spring. The slave pin idea is a no go. I did find the drift pin very useful in reassembly. I could reassembly the trigger in about 5-10 mins with the frab pin and I did not curse the trigger.

I damaged the first new spring trying to remove it with the slave pin installed. I have no idea how anyone can remove the spring without taking the entire trigger apart.

I saw no change in the trigger pull lb with the new spring change. I decided to cut one coil off the second spring I had. The size matches the original fostech spring now. (New cut spring top old fostech spring bottom). After I installed the cut coil spring the trigger pull went from 4.5 semi to 3 lbs and 5.5 lb echo to 4.5 lbs. The resetting is high but I think it needs some range time for full testing

A cut coil on the new spring helps trigger pull without the BUD bushing mod.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#47]
The bushing mod is to shorten the echo reset
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The bushing mod is to shorten the echo reset
View Quote
I can't get the bushing to stay in place on my AR9 because of the pocket design on the qc10 lower. Cutting the coil in the new spring is the only other option beside welding a piece on the trigger lock. I'd rather not weld the BUD.

The original spring mod did not change my trigger pull weight until I cut a coil on the spring.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm using a small piece of weed wacker fuel line i had an aluminum piece of a cleaning rod that was close so i tapped it on with a hammer before but it fell in the cracks of my floor one of the times i was tinkering, but that would have been perfect for you i dont think with as hard as i tapped it on it would have slid back off even if it had space
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the idea. I will try it.
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top